PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of bradshaw

giant-4-life
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
AB is way past his prime. get our young bucks in there. we Definitely need to get some offensive lineman. that's our weak spot.

Coach Carter
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
He isn't past his prime, he just has no patience and does not press the hole. Dude left mad yards on the field by cutting back. Brown needs to start.

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Bradshaw is an avg RB and thus easily replaceable, hopefully Wilson (if he improves) will be our starter next year

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Its not like Brown did any better yesterday, but with more carries who knows.

They ran behind the same line against the same D and got the same results - squat.

giant-4-life
10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I'be heard the commentators, not that I like commentators, his running style is odd. Odd as it may be.. but his running style is an issue. average RB's lifespan is 5 years

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Eli is the SHOW, not Bradshaw, keep with the program people. And there's no way in hell Andre Brown show will ever overtake Eli show.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
He isn't past his prime, he just has no patience and does not press the hole. Dude left mad yards on the field by cutting back. Brown needs to start.

He is now injury prone, but he still runs hard.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't necessarily think he's past his prime, but he's not as indispensable as some people may think... His feet worry me quite a bit, and he's due a pretty good chunk of money if he stays next season, so ultimately that may seal his fate with the team.

Tuckit91
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
He needs to stop dancing around back there and just hit the holes!

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Bradshaw is mediocre at best at this point. Why they gave him the ball on 3rd and 1 is beyond explanation.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 07:39 PM

They ran behind the same line against the same D and got the same results - squat.

Bradshaw was involved in 85% of snaps.....Brown was in on 13%....the poor running was all on Bradshaw last night.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Eli is the SHOW, not Bradshaw, keep with the program people. And there's no way in hell Andre Brown show will ever overtake Eli show.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? :confused:

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't necessarily think he's past his prime, but he's not as indispensable as some people may think... His feet worry me quite a bit, and he's due a pretty good chunk of money if he stays next season, so ultimately that may seal his fate with the team.

Tell me about it....people forget that the Giants were outrushed by over 500 yards last year. I think we can replace Bradshaws 55 yards per game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/nyg/year/2011

giant-4-life
10-02-2012, 01:33 AM
we'll see alot of new faces next season for sure. upgrade the O-line and probably D-line.we might have a low season or two while restructuring this team

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 01:36 AM
get our young bucks in there.
Brown is a year younger than Bradshaw. Wilson is obviously the future, that's what he was drafted to be. It was good to see him light it up, even if it was only as part of the return unit. Can't wait til he earns a decent role on offense.

Giantz4Life
10-02-2012, 03:52 AM
People talk about him like he's 30, but Bradshaw is only 26. I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, but people forget one thing. While it is already mentioned this is the Eli show there is a very important reason why Bradshaw is our starter: he pass protects with the best of them. Coughlin's number one priority is keeping #10 upright. Until anyone can prove they can pass block as well or better than him he will be in on the majority of the snaps.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 04:32 AM
I ain't buying it, there is more to the issue than Bradshaw. The execution is not there....

Joe Morrison
10-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I ain't buying it, there is more to the issue than Bradshaw. The execution is not there....
Brown seems to do just fine behind the same line, didn't get enought touches in this game to get in a groove, but still runs down hill and rarely loses yardage.

elismom
10-02-2012, 07:54 AM
He needs another back to press him. Not sure why Brown and Ramses didn't get what they deserved this past week.

MORE REPS

Cool Papa B.
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
This isn't so much about age as it is about running style. Both Bradshaw and Brown run hard, but Brown is more explosive; he finds the holes and runs through it dragging DLinemen with him if he has to. Right now, Whether it's because of injuries over the years or lack of vision, Bradshaw is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of RB

I Bleed Blue
10-02-2012, 08:32 AM

WHAT?

ryan12
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM
i said this about bradshaw after cowgirls game and i got torched for it. he isnt good anymore thanks for the time ab but "next man up"

RagTime Blue
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Bradshaw is mediocre at best at this point. Why they gave him the ball on 3rd and 1 is beyond explanation.

I agree, but what I DID like was late in the game when it was 3rd and half a yard. We went SHOTGUN. That was a great call by the coaches, because our short yardage game hasn't been able to do anything, but it seems that from the shotgun, we always seem to convert 3rd and 2 or 3. Why shouldn't we be able to use it to convert 3rd and a foot?

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM

They ran behind the same line against the same D and got the same results - squat.Brown played 9 snaps. Hardly was given a chance

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Bradshaw at this point should just be a 3rd down back. The Giants will wait till it is painfully obvious though to make a change

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
People talk about him like he's 30, but Bradshaw is only 26. I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, but people forget one thing. While it is already mentioned this is the Eli show there is a very important reason why Bradshaw is our starter: he pass protects with the best of them. Coughlin's number one priority is keeping #10 upright. Until anyone can prove they can pass block as well or better than him he will be in on the majority of the snaps.

Bradshaw runs like he's 32.

Andre Brown is basically a brand new running back as far as the condition of his body.

And Brown is fine in pass protection......he wasn't perfect, but he was good enough for Eli to rip up the Bucs and Panthers.

It's a numbers game, and all the numbers are pointing to Bradshaw no longer being a special running back.

Bradshaw would likely be the #2 running back on any other NFL team.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
i said this about bradshaw after cowgirls game and i got torched for it. he isnt good anymore thanks for the time ab but "next man up"

4.6 yds a carry is awful. This terrible short yardage back gained 9 on a 4th and 1 he last time he touched the ball in that game.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Brown played 9 snaps. Hardly was given a chance

No doubt - doesn't automatically mean anything though.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
No doubt - doesn't automatically mean anything though.

Running backs need to get into a rythym. Look at McCoy....he did zilch the first half, and then broke open in the 2nd half.

If the Giants used Brown, and went up tempo to prevent Philly from rotating, it would have made a difference.

Bradshaw is running with heavy feet.....he's just not the same back as he was a few years back.....his feet, his ankles, and now his neck. Time to turn the page.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Are you in the right thread?

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 10:28 AM

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.
Here's the thing with this offense called by crazy Gilbride, he ABANDONS the run game if it doesn't get any big yards early in the game. It's his pattern, you can count on it to happen in almost every game unless Giants are winning big.

So all this talk about who should start and whatever really doesn't mean anything, running game to this offense is merely a window dressing, and not a true complement to the passing game.

You'll just have to be patient and let Brown earn it game by game, the coaching staff isn't going to hand over the keys to the offense to a guy who has been cut 7 times and literally no rushing yards to speak of overnight, especially when there's Bradshaw who has been there and done that.

Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, let's see how he does, and we can go from there.

Now close this useless thread.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Bradshaw at this point should just be a 3rd down back. The Giants will wait till it is painfully obvious though to make a change

That's probably true, but I hope they give Brown more snaps until they get there.

AntB
10-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Bradshaw would best be effective later in the game after Brown and Wilson have been pounding the hole like when we had a younger Jacobs and Ward and Bradshaw was number three. Brown proved that the line does make holes.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 10:32 AM
I think we're going to see a 50/50 split against the Browns next week....or something close to it.

Bottom line....if the Giants defense held contain, and if the Giants running game was productive, the Giants probably would have won last Sunday. The lack of a running game can't continue.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Running backs need to get into a rythym. Look at McCoy....he did zilch the first half, and then broke open in the 2nd half.

If the Giants used Brown, and went up tempo to prevent Philly from rotating, it would have made a difference.

Bradshaw is running with heavy feet.....he's just not the same back as he was a few years back.....his feet, his ankles, and now his neck. Time to turn the page.

Won't disagree on the up tempo - another thread going on for that.

stormblue
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
4.6 yds a carry is awful. This terrible short yardage back gained 9 on a 4th and 1 he last time he touched the ball in that game.

actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

Was talking about the Dallas game specifically

For fun look up rb's average against Carolina.

GameTime
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
this thread should have been titled........"Bradshaw is getting tired". I love AB and what he has done for this team but his feet and ankles are way older then he is. Looks like he is just starting to wear out. RBs hit a wall and very rarely do the come back. Maybe he has hit his wall or at least approaching it.
They really need to get other backs in ther and see what happens. AB can still be a valued part of the O and running game but I think he is on the "back nine" as they say.

ReiRiza
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM

LOL that is exactly what I was thinking! So funny haha :popcorn:

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

Move on.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

Move on.

Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.
Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.

ShakeandBake
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
And I'm tired of our o-line......Brown had a few shots but didn't do anything with them, then he got hurt......

NYGfanNC
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Could explain your sig? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.

No....I'm judging Bradshaw......I'm looking at a running back who has clearly not been the same since 2010.

Most people blamed the offensive line for 2011. In 2012, Bradshaw goes 0-2, gets hurt, Brown comes in, goes 2-0, including the first 100+ yard rushing game since the Dawn of Time.

Bradshaw is "healthy" again (which I highly doubt)..... gets the start, gets 85% of the snaps......Bradshaw runs for 39 yards....Giants score 17 points....Giants lose.

The information above is factual. People can make their own judgments on what it means....but it's all accurate.

For what it's worth, prior to the game, I predicted that if Bradshaw started and got the lion's share of the carries, the Giants would lose the game.

If the Giants go with the same approach to the Cleveland defense, the Giants will again score less than 20 points.

The Cleveland game is going to be decided on who runs the ball more effectively..... based on what I saw against the Eagles, I'm glad I have Richardson in my fantasy league, but I'm not feeling good about the Giants defense.

The Cleveland defense shut down the Eagles offense for most of the game.....if the Giants give Bradshaw 85% of the snaps, the Giants are going to lose again next week.....book it.

giantsforce
10-02-2012, 12:00 PM
He needs another back to press him. Not sure why Brown and Ramses didn't get what they deserved this past week.

MORE REPSUhmm coaching? Coughlin is an old fool that stays with the status quo and he is only making changes when he is forced by an injury.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Could explain your sig? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure.

Ask anyone one of their fondest memories of Bradshaw and the run in Buffalo to basically get us in the playoffs will be up there. The. They'll describe that as "the old Bradshaw". Sure he's older (26) but I look at that pic and what I see is "the old (in a good way) oline"

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM

It's the reason I keep hanging around in these Bradshaw threads - the hype on Brown needs to be seriously tempered.

I'm all for splitting carries, all for him getting more reps - all for his success. But for some, to praise Brown means to completely destroy Bradshaw as old, tired and basically worthless... And if Brown doesn't average 5+ a carry he's going to get the same treatment. Tremendous hate for Jacobs - getting to the level with Bradshaw and it WILL happen to Brown.

Brown does great against a good run D (Tampa) and against a horrible one (Carolina) and does the same as Bradshaw against Philly and people lining up the excuses for the Philly performance because it HAS to be an anomaly.

Oline oline oline.

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
No....I'm judging Bradshaw......I'm looking at a running back who has clearly not been the same since 2010.

Most people blamed the offensive line for 2011. In 2012, Bradshaw goes 0-2, gets hurt, Brown comes in, goes 2-0, including the first 100+ yard rushing game since the Dawn of Time.

Bradshaw is "healthy" again (which I highly doubt)..... gets the start, gets 85% of the snaps......Bradshaw runs for 39 yards....Giants score 17 points....Giants lose.

The information above is factual. People can make their own judgments on what it means....but it's all accurate.

For what it's worth, prior to the game, I predicted that if Bradshaw started and got the lion's share of the carries, the Giants would lose the game.

If the Giants go with the same approach to the Cleveland defense, the Giants will again score less than 20 points.

The Cleveland game is going to be decided on who runs the ball more effectively..... based on what I saw against the Eagles, I'm glad I have Richardson in my fantasy league, but I'm not feeling good about the Giants defense.

The Cleveland defense shut down the Eagles offense for most of the game.....if the Giants give Bradshaw 85% of the snaps, the Giants are going to lose again next week.....book it.
If you want to only see the stats, so be it, but you can't dismiss the fact that Brown was also a beneficiary of some putrid d. And how did Brown do against Eagles? Do you just toss out that stat because he didn't start? Why? He still played in the game.

Your take on Cleveland game is, well, you are giving their running game too much value, Giants running game is window dressing, it'll never outperform the passing game and become the central mainstay that decides the outcome of games because Gilbride abandons the running game by 2nd half. The outcome more than likely will depend on how Eli does and the defense more so than who is the starter at RB.

I do understand that you think Bradshaw is not a feature-RB, but he really never was, he shared the carries with Jacobs last season. Bradshaw to me hasn't really changed or lost anything, however you see this Brown kid run and you are now comparing him to Bradshaw and coming up with excuses to make Bradshaw play behind Brown. Bradshaw is an old toy you got tired of and Brown is a shiny new toy, I get that, but Bradshaw is not done like you say.

Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, why don't you see that game and form a more definitive observation then, but realistically speaking I don't see the coaching staff giving Brown the starter job overnight, he just has to earn it.

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.Im looking at it from how they are attacking each play not on production at all. Bradshaws timing right now is FD. The guy doesnt know when to go hard or when to be patient. Brown at least follows the blocks

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Uhmm coaching? Coughlin is an old fool that stays with the status quo and he is only making changes when he is forced by an injury.
You can call him old and stubborn, but a fool? No.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM

Uh, 32 teams and Tampa has the 4th best run defense at only 75/game....

And the only person here mentioning HOF is you. We are simply saying the Giants are a better team with Brown running the ball.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
If you want to only see the stats, so be it, but you can't dismiss the fact that Brown was also a beneficiary of some putrid d. And how did Brown do against Eagles? Do you just toss out that stat because he didn't start? Why? He still played in the game.

Your take on Cleveland game is, well, you are giving their running game too much value, Giants running game is window dressing, it'll never outperform the passing game and become the central mainstay that decides the outcome of games because Gilbride abandons the running game by 2nd half. The outcome more than likely will depend on how Eli does and the defense more so than who is the starter at RB.

I do understand that you think Bradshaw is not a feature-RB, but he really never was, he shared the carries with Jacobs last season. Bradshaw to me hasn't really changed or lost anything, however you see this Brown kid run and you are now comparing him to Bradshaw and coming up with excuses to make Bradshaw play behind Brown. Bradshaw is an old toy you got tired of and Brown is a shiny new toy, I get that, but Bradshaw is not done like you say.

Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, why don't you see that game and form a more definitive observation then, but realistically speaking I don't see the coaching staff giving Brown the starter job overnight, he just has to earn it.

The difference between Brown and Bradshaw was visually evident to me; Brown performed better when he got the chance.....he deserves more of the gameplan.

But really, unless Brown gets hurt, either he or Wilson will eventually become the starter.

Bradshaw will continue to play at his current 50 yard per game clip, and the Giants will be forced to either make the change or fall out of the running for a playoff spot. I'm pretty convinced of it.

NYGfanNC
10-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Ask anyone one of their fondest memories of Bradshaw and the run in Buffalo to basically get us in the playoffs will be up there. The. They'll describe that as "the old Bradshaw". Sure he's older (26) but I look at that pic and what I see is "the old (in a good way) oline"

Yea, I remember that game well, I was jumping up and down when that happened, I had a feeling you were pointing out the o line.

shane4177
10-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't see anything impressive from AB........I think he is gone after this year. I see Wilson sharing carries with Brown next year.

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Uhmm coaching? Coughlin is an old fool that stays with the status quo and he is only making changes when he is forced by an injury.

lol . . . . TC is a fool . . . priceless . . . .

Kez Simpson
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Man you guys amaze me, Bradshaw thrown under the bus already. Suddenly he is the tip toe burglar now that Jacobs is out of town..lol

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Man you guys amaze me, Bradshaw thrown under the bus already. Suddenly he is the tip toe burglar now that Jacobs is out of town..lol
I agree....while it may true he has lost a step or whatever the disrespect is unwarrented.
Every RB hits the wall.....some sooner than others. The kid has had foot and ankle issues. Obviously huge issue for a running back,
If he has hit the wall then so be it and its up to the coaches and himself to realize that.

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Man you guys amaze me, Bradshaw thrown under the bus already. Suddenly he is the tip toe burglar now that Jacobs is out of town..lolThe NFL is cutthroat if U want to win there is no room for what U did its what U can do

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:23 AM
The NFL is cutthroat if U want to win there is no room for what U did its what U can do
think he is saying the fans on this board are cutthroat....not the NFL...

fans should show the guy some respect. If they dont then they really dont appreciate the game.....

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
think he is saying the fans on this board are cutthroat....not the NFL...

fans should show the guy some respect. If they dont then they really dont appreciate the game..... Respect is ignoring how poor his play is

Mistanihan
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
AB is way past his prime. get our young bucks in there. we Definitely need to get some offensive lineman. that's our weak spot.

People on this board are so quick to jump all over a dude. Everyone want Ahmad in over Brandon and they got it. Now, he gets injured and goes back in against a hungry Eagles D, gets gobbled up running the way he has for years, which has worked time and time again! And people jump all over the "get him the **** off the field" bandwagon.

Flip flopping fans. Be happy he wasn't seriously injured during that play against the Bucs. Injury to the neck is no joke, we're lucky to have a RB here still that helped us win 2 SBs.

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I think the coaches already suspect he doesnt have much left they just can't pull a popular locker room vet at the first sign of declining. Probably a good way to lose your team.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Respect is ignoring how poor his play is
who is ignoring??

BurnerNYG
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I just want the Giants to win football games and the 2 times we did this year, Brown was running the rock helpIng to open up the pass. If Bradshaw would've not gotten hurt against Tampa, we'll more than likely be looking at a 1-3 record right now.

miked1958
10-04-2012, 12:36 PM
He isn't past his prime, he just has no patience and does not press the hole. Dude left mad yards on the field by cutting back. Brown needs to start.prime example was that 1 yard run just prior to the barden PI. He takes the ball and quickly decides to bounce it outside and gets tackled for a 1yard gain. the play has been looked at and it was said if he followed Baas he would have gained min 8 yards or so. He has no patience to let a play develop. If Brown were in there he would have run the play the way it was designed and and would have been right in Baas back pocket.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
yeah burner that run play is a good example. there was a clear alley and all he could gain was 1 yd smh

miked1958
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
by the way a 7 or 8 yard gain there pretty much ices that game for us

TroyArcher
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Need to have two RB's to make it through the year. AB and Brown need to share the load.

GeoGoGo
10-04-2012, 12:50 PM

This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever seen. You must be a Jet fan orJacob's cousin.

SuperNYGiants
10-04-2012, 01:52 PM
The difference between Brown and Bradshaw was visually evident to me; Brown performed better when he got the chance.....he deserves more of the gameplan.

But really, unless Brown gets hurt, either he or Wilson will eventually become the starter.

Bradshaw will continue to play at his current 50 yard per game clip, and the Giants will be forced to either make the change or fall out of the running for a playoff spot. I'm pretty convinced of it.
Giants didn't have much of a running game last year nor much of a defense and yet Eli took over and got it done, I guess you are not one of the many Eli homers here who think Eli can split Red Sea, I don't think Brown is that much of a difference-maker in my opinion, but I do agree that Giants need to establish the run game a little bit more than what they are doing so far. I like Eli's abilities as a passing QB, but I've been watching way too many NFL games to fool myself into believing that he can repeat what he has pulled off last season, it's highly unlikely.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Giants didn't have much of a running game last year nor much of a defense and yet Eli took over and got it done, I guess you are not one of the many Eli homers here who think Eli can split Red Sea, I don't think Brown is that much of a difference-maker in my opinion, but I do agree that Giants need to establish the run game a little bit more than what they are doing so far. I like Eli's abilities as a passing QB, but I've been watching way too many NFL games to fool myself into believing that he can repeat what he has pulled off last season, it's highly unlikely.
Dont think the Giants intended to have a crappy running game again. I dont know what Brown can cannot do yet but I sure hope we get to find out because you never know. Seeing as they drafted an RB in the first round you would think the run game meant something to them. They dont even need a top 5 running game. heck a middle of the pack running game would prob be good enough to work the the play action with better success.