PDA

View Full Version : For the advocates of Bradshaw over Brown it's not about sample size......

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 07:06 PM
It's about ability.

Andre Brown is faster, quicker, stronger a better receiver and more disciplined than Bradshaw.

Brown hits the hole quick and heads up field. He almost always even when nothing is there falls forward for 2-3 yards whereas Bradshaw would get no gain or lose yardage.

Bradshaw is not powerful on short yardage. Bradshaw was only used on short yardage in place of Jacobs because of his speed and ability to bounce the play outside. He can no longer bounce anything. he needs to be the backup.

Andre Brown's pass protection has gotten much better and he stays with the play rather than dance around and constantly try to go east and west(for all you Jacobs critics). Like I said if nothing is there he still gets + yardage.

Bradshaw would be good as a backup and in the second half when the defense is tired.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm with you on this. I'd at least like to see 50/50.

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Bradshaw is a tremendous short yardage back. And he is a very good receiver and pass blocker.

He should be the short yardage and 3rd down back.

But he should not be getting the bulk of the carries.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
The Jets threw everything away for shonne green based on a small sample of Great play.

This is not saying brown is or will be a bust but there's been a whopping 2 GAMES that your sending Brown to the hall of fame for.

If he's all the thing you say he is, why didnt it come out last night? Announcers were harping on Eli not being brought to the ground in forever during the Carolina game. Then he was knocked on his *** - on an Andre Brown whiff on a rusher.

The 2 backs for the first time faced the same team against the same D - most importantly behind he same o-line and basically were equal on production - 2.8 to 3 yds a carry.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Bradshaw is a tremendous short yardage back. .

Completely disagree on this. The power is gone, yards after contact dcreased last year from 3.0 in 2010 to 2.5 in 2011, and this year will likely decrease again. Watch the 3rd and 1 again from last night. Lunacy to have him carry on 3rd and 1. Brown falls forward just about every carry. Bradshaw does not.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 07:26 PM
People going to point out the 3 rd and 1 where Bradshaw was stopped and completely ignore that Snee got demolished and they were able to hit Bradshaw in the backfield.

First Jacobs then Bradshaw and 1 year from now you'll be selling Brown down the river for Wilson.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Bradshaw is a tremendous short yardage back. And he is a very good receiver and pass blocker.

He should be the short yardage and 3rd down back.

But he should not be getting the bulk of the carries.

He used to be, not anymore.

His power has diminished and his speed has gone as well.

Bradshaw goes backwards whereas Brown powers his way forward much like MarShawn Lynch. Not making any comparisons just saying.

appodictic
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
People going to point out the 3 rd and 1 where Bradshaw was stopped and completely ignore that Snee got demolished and they were able to hit Bradshaw in the backfield.

First Jacobs then Bradshaw and 1 year from now you'll be selling Brown down the river for Wilson. Brown was cut from like 7 teams because he is the greatest ever. The giants only have brown on the roster because he came cheap! and they knew our line is so bad it dont matter who is back there at all. They just want someone to not fumble at this point.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
He used to be, not anymore.

His power has diminished and his speed has gone as well.

Bradshaw goes backwards whereas Brown powers his way forward much like MarShawn Lynch. Not making any comparisons just saying.

Guess he just decided not to last night.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Who and what?

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Who and what?brown and his magical ability to fall forward like Lynch.... But you're not comparing.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Bradshaw - 85% of the snaps.....yesterday was his day, and he was his usual mediocre self.

They should just leave Hynoski in there....he blocks better than Bradshaw, and is about as fast.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
brown had a real nice example of why he needs the bulk of the carries. he got a hand off towards Beattys side. It was a run that was supposed to hit between Beatty and Boothe. Nobody won at the point of attack, and the OL were actually getting pushed back. Some one on Philly put a hit on Brown right at the LOS, he absorbs that contact, does a spin type move off of the contact, and gains 5. 2nd and 5 on a run play that bradshaw would have lost 2 yds on.

Bradshaw may be the better rb when theres nice holes (not even sure of that anymore) but as an every down back, Brown just strikes me as having the better style of game suited for it. I remember I was pulling for Jacobs way way too long. I see a lot of similiarities to when BJ started his decline and whats going on with Bradshaw right now.

And before the season, I was all about Bradshaw bc I thought he had looked quicker than ever off that stem cell thing on his feet, but dude is just not attacking the LOS or running with any sort of aggression. Its almost as if he's now running with the next run play on his mind, like trying to ensure he lives to fight another snap. Now thats fine, but when we're all used to seeing him run without that mentality, like where he ran as if every snap was his last...well that guy, i'll start him everday of the week and twice on sunday...but he aint that guy for whatever reason right now.

i was gonna make a new thread but feel its fitting here, guys, we're only 4 games into the year and we/re 2-2. lol, we got a whole season left. its totally understandable but i feel we all may be jumping the gun here with a lot of stuff thats said. brown getting the carries over bradshaw isn't rushed or illogical tho imo

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Bradshaw - 85% of the snaps.....yesterday was his day, and he was his usual mediocre self.

They should just leave Hynoski in there....he blocks better than Bradshaw, and is about as fast.

So if Brown has less ypc - how do you describe him? And the fact that he limped off last night - how long before he's deemed injury prone?

Funny Hynoski was more effective than both.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
brown had a real nice example of why he needs the bulk of the carries. he got a hand off towards Beattys side. It was a run that was supposed to hit between Beatty and Boothe. Nobody won at the point of attack, and the OL were actually getting pushed back. Some one on Philly put a hit on Brown right at the LOS, he absorbs that contact, does a spin type move off of the contact, and gains 5. 2nd and 5 on a run play that bradshaw would have lost 2 yds on.

Completely agree. If people don't notice how much better Brown is after first contact, well, it's like talking to a wall.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Brown didnt have a run for over 4 yds... but since we're playing the "would have" game why dont you just say Brown would have had a td on Bradshaw's 9 yd run.

appodictic
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
He was kidding about this:
Poser 1: Brown powers his way forward much like MarShawn Lynch.
poster 2: Guess he just decided not to last night.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Michael Turner averaged almost 8 yds a carry against Carolina yesterday. He's a good back - he's not an 8 ypc back.

fansince69
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Brown was cut from like 7 teams because he is the greatest ever. The giants only have brown on the roster because he came cheap! and they knew our line is so bad it dont matter who is back there at all. They just want someone to not fumble at this point.

you do realize that he was rehabbing a torn Achilles which is why he wasn't effective and kept getting cut ...right?

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 08:14 PM
every time Brown came in last night he was spied.......the Eagles knew he was getting the pill.......unfair way to deal with our best runner

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
brown and his magical ability to fall forward like Lynch.... But you're not comparing.

He got 5 carries last night......

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
He got 5 carries last night......

And he was stopped.. and Bradsahw was stopped.

I like Brown, love his style... just this coronation is ridiculous. I would like nothing more for him to succeed, but i think the worst part about it is the **** hes going to get from the same people wanting him to replace bradshaw bcuase hes going to fall victim to the same "run-blocking" O-line.

People throwing Bradsahw in the dump because of Brown's game against Carolina.... just look at what Carolina is doing Run D wise.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
And he was stopped.. and Bradsahw was stopped.

I like Brown, love his style... just this coronation is ridiculous. I would like nothing more for him to succeed, but i think the worst part about it is the **** hes going to get from the same people wanting him to replace bradshaw bcuase hes going to fall victim to the same "run-blocking" O-line.

People throwing Bradsahw in the dump because of Brown's game against Carolina.... just look at what Carolina is doing Run D wise.

Brown tore up Tampa Bay too, and their run D is very good. 3rd in the league at 75/yards a game. Brown had 13 carries for 71 yards, 5.5 average.

bleeding blue
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Brown is a very patient running back who lets his blocks develop, its the kind of running back we need with our struggling o-line. Bradshaw hits his hole full-speed from the start and results in a lot of running into the back of his own linemen. If our offensive line was that of 2008, Bradshaw would be the better running back since his speed and agility skills are higher than those of Brown's. But right now Andre is the better running back, Ahmad needs patience.