PDA

View Full Version : I would not be opposed of getting a top 15 - 20 pick if we don't do good this year

experto
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Here it is. The white flag thread. It only took 4 games.

I remember someone said the same.thing last year after the 2nd skins loss. They wanted to lose the remaining games to get a better draft pick because "we weren't going to do anything in the playoffs anyway".

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I still want a winning season dammit. We've had an amazing streak of 7 seasons at .500 or better.

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
That's cool....I'd rather get pick 32 every year no matter how much our roster needs talent.

brad
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
A little early to be talking about getting a high draft pick!

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
A little early to be talking about getting a high draft pick!...seriously, that's best left for when we're already disqualified and there is not way we can play spoiler for our rivals

brad
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
...seriously, that's best left for when we're already disqualified and there is not way we can play spoiler for our rivals

exactly :)

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Right now the draft seems like the only exciting thing to look forward to

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM

The rest of us could look forward to you getting a scorching case of herpes.

fansince69
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
only worth rooting for when were winning huh?

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
And is it me, or does this sound like a Bears home game? Lots of Bears fans there

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
How do we get a top 15 pick if we win another SB?

repeatchamps
10-01-2012, 11:40 PM
How do we get a top 15 pick if we win another SB?

You trade up lol.

Giantz4Life
10-01-2012, 11:49 PM
We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.You can't be serious.

ImElectric2
10-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Omfg. Seriously dude? We're not the Jets. Our wins were legit and our losses came down to a couple of lapses here and there. Very correctable lapses at that. We are a playoff team, no doubt. We look better than we did after the Seattle loss last year and I thought we looked pretty not bad then, tbh. Wait until we hit a 5 game win streak...then we can at least read delussional threads about how every player on the team is a top 5-10 talent.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 04:51 AM
I think we should just throw in the towel and go for the #1 pick next year, after all we are 2-2 and the season is a loss.....