PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to celebrate David Wilson and Domenik Hixon

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/1/3437652/reasons-to-celebrate-david-wilson-and-domenik-hixon/in/3200177

Excerpt: "The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) suffered a heartbreaking 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles) on Sunday. There were plays that were too ugly to watch, but there were other moments that can help make all Giants fans feel positive about the upcoming weeks.

The first positive to take from the Week 4 game was David Wilson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/152687/david-wilson). Everyone has been waiting for the 2012 first-round draft pick to come out of his shell and give us something to see. Tom Coughlin and Kevin Gilbride spoke endlessly during the preseason about the explosiveness and athleticism Wilson had. Wilson's first few weeks of his rookie year did not go as planned, and everyone has been waiting to see when this kid was going to produce." Read more...

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
This return game was definitely a test to see if he could go without fumbling... and he passed with flying colors.

Hixon I knew would step up. He was once our best receiver, and even after 2 ACLs he's still a major threat.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
This return game was definitely a test to see if he could go without fumbling... and he passed with flying colors.

Hixon I knew would step up. He was once our best receiver, and even after 2 ACLs he's still a major threat.

Hixon is the kind of player you want waiting in the wings. We all want Nicks back on the field, but Hixon answers the call each and every time and makes plays.

I do wish Wilson hadn't dropped that one pass, but he's learning. He sure is our kick returner though and it's about damn time.

fansince69
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM

when was Hixon our best receiver?

GFiP
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Hixon doesn't have the burst that he used to have because of his injuries.He is still a serviceable 3rd WR

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
when was Hixon our best receiver?

I believe in 2008 he had the most receiving yards

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Hixon doesn't have the burst that he used to have because of his injuries.He is still a serviceable 3rd WR

He'll take Nicks' place until he returns.

fansince69
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I believe in 2008 he had the most receiving yards

ONLY because Plax shot himself....I would not have looked at that roster in preseason and pronounced Hixon our best receiver

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM

Hixon I knew would step up. He was once our best receiver, and even after 2 ACLs he's still a major threat.i'm glad u thought so, because Hixon prooved me wrong.. Most times hes on the field other then like his first yr with us, we've done squat offensiley.. I'm thinking of that game in Dallas where he dropped some key passes and the playoff game against philly where he also had killer drop in the postseason on a deep bomb.. I'm proud of what he did last night because i haden't seen much of hixon to like since like his first 9-10games or so with us...

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
ONLY because Plax shot himself....I would not have looked at that roster in preseason and pronounced Hixon our best receiver Ya losing plax caught up to us, and we scord a pathetic 11points in home playoff loss to Philly with Hixon as our number 1 and he made the biggest drop i've seen in some time... I have been doubting hixon, but now i'm not.. He was sensational last night.. Finally looked like the guy i remember back when he first joined us...

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
ONLY because Plax shot himself....I would not have looked at that roster in preseason and pronounced Hixon our best receiver

He was still the leading receiver with Toomer and Smith on the team

fansince69
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
He was still the leading receiver with Toomer and Smith on the team

not gonna argue this...but I would never have considered him the best on any team I have watched....sometimes the best players do not ALWAYS have the best stats...Toomer was at end of career ...smith was in second year and Plax was stupid....I have nothing against Hixon I like him..i root for him...but he is a decent receiver at best and was a good returner.....There are many years pre 2000 I would have LOVED to have had someone like him....but now to me he is just a good option

foosball
10-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Hixon is not that good. The Eagles were giving him bump and run coverage and daring him to beat them. If he had a half way decent first half that woulda been a W. He's a solid number 3, nothing more.

B-Red22
10-02-2012, 06:48 AM
i'm just glad Hixon wasn't hurt.

B-Red22
10-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Hixon is not that good. The Eagles were giving him bump and run coverage and daring him to beat them. If he had a half way decent first half that woulda been a W. He's a solid number 3, nothing more.

he went for over 100 yards???

I Bleed Blue
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Our best receiver? When was this? He's solid, but no where near a major threat.

swimeasy
10-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks Ro. So glad for Hixon. It was great to see 'the gazelle' make the most of this opportunity. I have been pulling for him for a long time. He has been through so much adversity and has always been a team player with strong character.

ryan12
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
im loving my crow that im eating concerning hixon i talked so much **** about him during preseason and i was dead wrong about him

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM

And yet he was the leading receiver against the Eagles with 114 yards, 19 yard average. Victor Cruz a close second at 109 yards, 12.1 yard average.

NYFG
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Hixon is the kind of player you want waiting in the wings. We all want Nicks back on the field, but Hixon answers the call each and every time and makes plays.

I do wish Wilson hadn't dropped that one pass, but he's learning. He sure is our kick returner though and it's about damn time.

It seems like he only gets one chance per game out of the backfield to prove himself. It wasn't the greatest pass but still catchable. With little mistakes like that I think he is playing scared. He is over thinking...over compensating....he is focusing too hard on not making a mistake but ends up making them anyway. He just needs to calm down and start playing football. It will come and I am excited to see how he progresses over the year, but he needs to simplify things.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
It seems like he only gets one chance per game out of the backfield to prove himself. It wasn't the greatest pass but still catchable. With little mistakes like that I think he is playing scared. He is over thinking...over compensating....he is focusing too hard on not making a mistake but ends up making them anyway. He just needs to calm down and start playing football. It will come and I am excited to see how he progresses over the year, but he needs to simplify things.

I look at it a little differently. He excels at Kick returns. He seems to not have developed enough to get a lot of offensive snaps. We have Bradshaw and Brown on offense so why risk Wilson losing confidence in is skill sets as a running back when he can still get quality field time on special teams?