PDA

View Full Version : Did we find two new Giants Stars last night in Wilson and Stevie Brown?

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm sifting trough the ashes here and think I found a cuple of solid gold nuggets

These are the most impressive new players along with Hosley I have seen this year.

I'm waiting for them to roll Ojomo out of the closet too

brad
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't think Wilson was a surprise... but it was good to see him running like that.

I am looking forward to seeing Ojomo get into the rotation and see what he can do... if nothing else it will help keep the DE group a little more rested.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't think Wilson was a surprise... but it was good to see him running like that.

I am looking forward to seeing Ojomo get into the rotation and see what he can do... if nothing else it will help keep the DE group a little more rested.

and the freelancing Ballerina on the bench until 3rd and long

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
the loss of Tollefson his run discipline and his 7 sacks is killing us.........Ojomo HAS to step up

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 09:14 PM
brown is a bit of a journeyman. He's been around the block, may be a nice stop gap but a star? Doubtful. He is an in the box saftey who is not the cetner fielder KP is. Tuck hinted that some calls got changed cause KP was not back there - lets hope he can plug things up till KP gets back or perhaps sash gets the chance.

Ojomo is hurt right now - but tracy hasn't rotated in the way tolly did - instead they are using kiwi in passing situations - so not sure ojomo would either. BUt man did he show talent in the preseason.

Wilson is coming - that was just a preview. STAR.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
welllllllllllllll Johnny Unitas was not touted out of college

So far Brown looks rock solid to me........he was causing havoc in the Eagles backfield last night.......he looked sharp onthe INT the week before

If he keeps this up I'm his biggest fan...... I was a huge proponent of Blackburn when everyone was shoveling dirt on him

Even Chris Collingsworth the Giants hater commented on Stevie last night..........him picking us as the leagues 2nd best team was the kiss of death though.......usually Collingsworth makes Aikman look like a Giants cheerleader

Were you all over Victor Cruz after his Jets come out party 2yrs ago in pre-season? I was
some people have it.........he had it.....and it was evident from day 1

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I love that tackle Brown made to Mccoy, this defense doesn't seem to make tackles like that anymore.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Brown is listed at 212 but I read he is up to 222 now.........very Dawkins like physical stature......he also set state records in the 100 and 200 meters in texas as a high school kid

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:39 PM
BTW Dallas is getting Schooled AGAIN

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I thought Hill looked good too.

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Its true some guys just need time and patience - obviously cruz/ AB2/ blackburn and many more are examples - yet they are more often the exceptions not the rules. if you want to go by what collinsworth was saying you also heard him saying if KP was playing they probably get a pick where stevie brown was very slow in centerfield getting over as the cover 1 on a duck that vick threw. So as I said before he is an in the box guy but not as fast in deep coverage and that is so often where we play KP.

I think we have a potential breakout player in hill a star in wilson and a stop gap in brown.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
lets agree to disagree Dave.........Stevie did a 4.39 in the combo.....thats fast for a relatively big man (same size as Schwartzenegger when he won Mr Universe)
Remember Gibril Wilson.........when you rattle teeth you command respect out there

He rattled Shady pretty darn good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Brown

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Its true some guys just need time and patience - obviously cruz/ AB2/ blackburn and many more are examples - yet they are more often the exceptions not the rules. if you want to go by what collinsworth was saying you also heard him saying if KP was playing they probably get a pick where stevie brown was very slow in centerfield getting over as the cover 1 on a duck that vick threw. So as I said before he is an in the box guy but not as fast in deep coverage and that is so often where we play KP.

I think we have a potential breakout player in hill a star in wilson and a stop gap in brown.

maybe as it was his 1st full game his instincts are not Kenny Philips equivilent yet?........if you want to blame slow, jump on ol man Rolle

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
we can disagree - thats ok. if he is just good i will be happy -will certainly happily eat crow if he is a "star"

I have never been the biggest Rolle supporter - but i think he is a good safety who has been AMAZINGLY durable and stepped into the nickel when he had no business being there. For versatility and durability alone i have been happy. I did expect more BIG playmaking at the rate they are paying him but that was mainly due to cover up the mess of cc brown and the rest of that rough crew. Watching coleman on Philly bite up several times on the play fake i had more appreciation for our back end - that said the wide 9 does command the gap protection from the safeties more then what fewell is running.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Fewell dialed back the blitz as the game went on and that killed us..........I'm not a huge Fewell fan, he totally lacks imagination bringing pressure but relies on our ultra talented front 4 which is wearing down without Tolleffson

(Wherforeartthou OJOMO)

He should have been bringing corners and safties all night........from unexpected areas

BTW Rolle played the SB with 2 dislocated shoulders.......I respect him, just not his foot speed

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
If Prince can stay healthy, Hosely can get healthy, and Hill gets on the field more, they will have some serious speed in the secondary.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:12 PM
If Prince can stay healthy, Hosely can get healthy, and Hill gets on the field more, they will have some serious speed in the secondary.

but will they know their assignments......DB is a cereberal position

Brown has a few years in the league

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I think Prince has shown he is a good player and so has Hosely. Hill only just started getting in the field but they said he hit the books and impressed all the coaches. Hopefully it translates on the field.

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Well so far hosley has flashed some great stuff - i have been very impressed. Hill flashed as well. I think these kids are coming and the more experience they get the better. we may get a better understanding of brown as the browns have time to game plan for a backup - that said cleveland has a rookie qb and not much depth at wr.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Well so far hosley has flashed some great stuff - i have been very impressed. Hill flashed as well. I think these kids are coming and the more experience they get the better. we may get a better understanding of brown as the browns have time to game plan for a backup - that said cleveland has a rookie qb and not much depth at wr.

I suppose there is a reason these 53 made the roster.....I am amazed at the depth at WR and DB

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Hill made the roster because he should have been a high draft pick coming out of college. Talent was never an issue with Hill.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I must admit I was really down on the Prince but he stepped up last night..........take away the running game (mostly holding not called on Philadephia- hometown BS) and we held them very much in check

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Hill made the roster because he should have been a high draft pick coming out of college. Talent was never an issue with Hill.

I know......I read the reports.....why was Perrilloux not given the same opportunity? David Carr is HORRIBLE

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
What does one guy have to do with the other? Just saying, they may have made some mistakes, but it doesn't mean they are the same.

Kase-1
10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Prince played great last night, I rarely heard his name mentioned at all and for a CB thats the best thing that can happen

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
What does one guy have to do with the other? Just saying, they may have made some mistakes, but it doesn't mean they are the same.

I was refering to the talent level.......read the reports on Perrilloux, he was regarded as a wonderkind ala Can Newton before he got in trouble

Carr is the worst nervous Nellie I have ever seen in a Giants uniform........he reminds me of Barnie Pfife.....on the old Andy Griffin show........he is the Anti-Eli

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Perilloux was having trouble just commanding the offense - calling plays and reading anything correctly. At one point i was just hoping he could get the snap from center. Carr at least can do all that. not special but he gives you a chance. Perriloux has a big arm but did not show he could run the offense at all yet. He has been given several chances and will most likely still end up on the PS at some point. Maybe in camp for another shot next year.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
uhhhhhhhhhh Perriloux was the only guy scoring or throwing TDs in pre season.......what were you watching, ol Sanchez film?

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
you'e right in 2011 he was far better then the 2010 preseason i was referring too - i stand corrected. And I would never watch the nightmare that is sanchez's film - how very dare you.

chizz
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
stevie was all over teh field yesterday . i like him so far

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
you'e right in 2011 he was far better then the 2010 preseason i was referring too - i stand corrected. And I would never watch the nightmare that is sanchez's film - how very dare you.

LOL thanks for owning up on that one Dave......I like your style and you know your football

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
I have no problem admitting when im wrong - wish some people on this board could do the same - then again most don't know the difference between soft zone and a fire zone so I'm not surprised.

Giantz4Life
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I really was sure that Wilson was going to take one of those to the house....man that kid is electrifying and he showed great vision as well.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 12:59 AM
the loss of Tollefson his run discipline and his 7 sacks is killing us.........Ojomo HAS to step up

Dude, I knew that was going to be a tough loss.

Osi was ****ing worthless out there last night....not sure what the hell he was smiling about.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 04:54 AM

Ojomo is still hampered with the hammy.....

I think the star I saw last night was Prince, played through pain and did an excellent job. Wilson was great and I think Brown is a solid player that we will see more and more of in the future. There were bright spots in that game for certain!

B-Red22
10-02-2012, 06:19 AM

hard to step up when your inative every week

tonyt830
10-02-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm sifting trough the ashes here and think I found a cuple of solid gold nuggets

These are the most impressive new players along with Hosley I have seen this year.

I'm waiting for them to roll Ojomo out of the closet tooWilson was spectacular on kick returns, he really was patient for holes to open, then turned on the burners to put our offense in good field position most of the night. He will get his chances at RB more as the season wears on. And I think Brown has played good the passes couple of weeks. He will probably get more reps/start with Phillips being week to week with the sprained MCL.

I hope to see Hosley get that hammy healed up soon. I'm confident that he will give our secondary that needed boost with his speed and ballhawking ability especially since our pass rush has been average at best this season so far.