PDA

View Full Version : Lets assume Nicks wont be a factor.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Sounds like he is not just dinged up. If his knee is that bad he may not be the same all year even if he comes back. So can they do well without him? I guess they did ok last night. Hixon and Barden both had good nights while Cruz is having a fine year so far. Here was a lot of talk that Randle would be he next Nicks but as of now no way. I mean even as a rookie Nicks looked pro ready.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Hope to get Rueben involved.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Hixon seems one hit away from the IR just from his history. If he can stay healthy and if Barden can continue to gain experience they may be ok in the WR department. If Randle has what it takes to be an NFL WR he will only get better as the year goes on....

Buddy333
Wouldn't they have by now? Just saying, something seems wrong. Or maybe it's just that I bought all the hype and?

Overdrive92
Honestly, I think we're pretty screwed if Nicks is out for the long haul.

The offense looked inconsistent and sloppy last night. The run game still just doesn't work. And the combination of Hixon/Barden are not going to make up for what Nicks brought to this offense. And I don't wanna' hear "Did you see da Panthers game!?!?". The Panthers defense is downright atrocious, and they proved that against us and everyone us they've played by giving up 30+ points a week.

Randle is a rookie, so while it'd be nice for him to contribute, we just can't expect him to step in and fill Nicks' shoes. Hixon is our best replacement, but I just don't feel great moving forward with him and Barden, while Cruz gets quadruple teamed on a nightly basis.

So I'll just say it. Do we make the Playoffs without Nicks? No.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Hixon seems one hit away from the IR just from his history. If he can stay healthy and if Barden can continue to gain experience they may be ok in the WR department. If Randle has what it takes to be an NFL WR he will only get better as the year goes on....Now I hate to bring it up but Hixon does have a history with injuries. If he did go down and Nicks is out for a while things could get ugly fast. I have been a Barden supporter and maybe he is getting better but I'm not sure he is a #2 yet. Then they have Randle who has not shined yet wit a golden opportunity.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:29 PM
As far as the running game goes I want to see how they do against the Browns. They have not run well on the Eagles in about 4 years so last night I was not surprised.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
We should bring in a veteran......but we wont

Eli seems to make any receiver look good.....he has become very accurate, and that makes the most pedestrian receivers better

We should have won that game last night, and that was a tough a crew as we will face all year......I watched SFO against the Jets....they were not all that impressive

Snanchez handed them the game on a platter

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
As far as the running game goes I want to see how they do against the Browns. They have not run well on the Eagles in about 4 years so last night I was not surprised.

nor was I
we sat our best RB for protocol reasons

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Hope to get Rueben involved.

Why? he hasn't done anything

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Sounds like he is not just dinged up. If his knee is that bad he may not be the same all year even if he comes back. So can they do well without him? I guess they did ok last night. Hixon and Barden both had good nights while Cruz is having a fine year so far. Here was a lot of talk that Randle would be he next Nicks but as of now no way. I mean even as a rookie Nicks looked pro ready.

Now you're using excuses.

Rudyy
Why? he hasn't done anything That's why I said we should get him involved..so he can you know..DO SOMETHING.

Buddy333
Why? he hasn't done anythingYeah, that's why you would hope to get him involved.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Now you're using excuses.Huh?

Overdrive92
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
We should have won that game last night, and that was a tough a crew as we will face all year......I watched SFO against the Jets....they were not all that impressive

No way was that one of the toughest teams we'll play all year. That's what so concerning. The Eagles are tough, but "as tough a crew as we'll face all year"? The Cardinals BLASTED them a week ago.

Plus, let's not forget that we still have to play the Ravens D, Steelers D, Niners D, heck even the Bengals and Falcons D are no joke. And don't look now, but the Cowboys D is currently the league's #1 rated D.

NYGabriel
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Collingsworth and Michaels in commentary yesterday were saying that the Giants have been questioning Randle's work ethic. Said they want him to start showing more maturity.

Does anyone have an idea what that's all about?

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Collingsworth and Michaels in commentary yesterday were saying that the Giants have been questioning Randle's work ethic. Said they want him to start showing more maturity.

Does anyone have an idea what that's all about? Weird, never heard anything about his work ethic.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be so pro ready?

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:46 PM
No way was that one of the toughest teams we'll play all year. That's what so concerning. The Eagles are tough, but "as tough a crew as we'll face all year"? The Cardinals BLASTED them a week ago.

Plus, let's not forget that we still have to play the Ravens D, Steelers D, Niners D, heck even the Bengals and Falcons D are no joke. And don't look now, but the Cowboys D is currently the league's #1 rated D.

Maybe the 49rs were playing down to the competition but believe me they were not the man eating team we faced last year.......they have lost a step
dont let the score fool you........sanchez gifted them the game

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
The 49ers are absolutely one of the best teams in the NFL today. They lost to a surprisingly good Vikings team.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
The 49ers are the best team in the NFL right now, and the Falcons are close as well.

Texans, 49ers, Ravens, Falcons.

Not in order though.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 11:01 PM
as long as we have eli, we have a legit shot at the playoffs. if nicks were to go down for a while, i believe eli cruz hixon bennett n barden could get it done. heck we SHOULD HAVE won last night WITH a redzone int.

and phillys defense is as tough as we'll face this year imho. iirc, they were 1rst vs the pass heading into our game and top 3 overall d.(edit-and we faced dallas's defense already too and were alright imo)

then if the hypothetical were to happen and hixon went down on top, i'd still believe we could get it done and win a sb. it'd be cruz n barden outside with JJ in the slot until Randle comes along more

bottom line, eli has made every wr he's worked with look awesome. hell, derek hagan went from his couch, to 6 (iirc) games with eli, to a multi year contract with the raiders lol. not worried as long as we got 10.

that was a pretty avg game by eli's standards, and philly played as good as they could have on both sides of the ball imho, and we still should have won WITH a redzone int.

we're 4 games in, 2-2. ppl say they learned and will never act like they are acting right now lol...WE'RE FINE! ITS MAD EARLY. 1/2 game outta first bc we get philly at home week 17. we have the best qb in the game. cmon guys, when the DL and run game pick it up just 25%, we'll start winning by a couple scores.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM
randle had the most ready nfl game bc he knew and could run all the routes. he just hasnt caught onto our sight adjustment offense yet, which is understandable. plus we have 3-4 quality wr's and a solid TE in front of him on the peking order. if we have to use him we will then we can grade

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
It's frustrating because all we keep hearing is TC is concerned. They just said it again on the half time show.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
The 49ers are the best team in the NFL right now, and the Falcons are close as well.

Not in order though.

LOL I'm sure they do not appreciate that.......with this years parity, as soon as someone is declared #1 they get clocked

last time I looked it was who was #1 in February that counted.......all this power rankings stuff is nonsense

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
LOL I'm sure they do not appreciate that.......with this years parity, as soon as someone is declared #1 they get clocked

last time I looked it was who was #1 in February that counted.......all this power rankings stuff is nonsense

I said RIGHT NOW.

Holy ****, reading comprehension PLEASE.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Sounds like he is not just dinged up. If his knee is that bad he may not be the same all year even if he comes back. So can they do well without him? I guess they did ok last night. Hixon and Barden both had good nights while Cruz is having a fine year so far. Here was a lot of talk that Randle would be he next Nicks but as of now no way. I mean even as a rookie Nicks looked pro ready.Bring up the kid douglas off the practice squad, lol

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
They might have to.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
dude, does everyone realize we're 1/2 game out of first and that literally every other playoff contender in the nfc is 2-2? we r fine. eli isnt hurt. cruz hixon bennett and barden with randle is more than enough toys for eli. we threw for over 300 and 2 tds vs the 1rst ranked pass d last night w/o nicks...we'll be fine. we should have won that game

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 12:28 AM
You don't replace Nicks or Barden. No offense to them, but Nicks is special.

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 12:34 AM
nicks is special. no who else is? eli. eli can turn an offense with cruz, hixon, bennett, barden, and randle into a top 10 offense easy and win a sb with it. nicks or no nicks, doesnt change that the run game has to at least be somewhat viable and the DL has to play to their potential. thats the issue, nicks back is an added awesome bonus but we can do with what we got bc eli makes what we got into all pros

GiantWarfare
10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Man this sucks so much...

I'm concerned about what they're not telling us, this whole Nicks injury-deal seems kind of suspect.

Anyhow, Nicks is a special talent, dude is already a beast but I dont think we've seen the best version of Hakeem Nicks yet, he's already an elite receiver in my opinion but imagine the numbers and plays he'd be able to make if he could just stay healthy?

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 12:41 AM
It is strange that all they have said is that TC is very concerned. It does feel like they are holding something back. Like they already have an idea but are waiting to confirm it. Hopefully this is just all speculation. They need him badly.

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 12:45 AM
eh, i bet they were precautionary. his knee has swelled before, it did last year. they just rested him.

TC uses the concern thing on every injury that costs players a game. i'll bet he could go vs cleveland but they hold him until sf

giantsaz
10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
nor was I
we sat our best RB for protocol reasonsProtocol my ***. It was coaching incompetence.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Brown did less than Bradshaw when given a chance last night.

jpmetrick
10-02-2012, 12:52 AM
giants almost beat philly without him, and after further review ill blame the play calling for that game. they have the talent without nicks to win the browns game, so they dont really need him til the 9'rs game really. barden can use the experience to become the seasoned backup they need, and maybe randle will get some targets vs browns in 4 wides. even if he got a sprained knee two weeks ago, another two weeks should be enough to heal it. nicks is tough.
if its a tear, and hes out for the season, eli's int number will go up from barden and randle misques but i think we can still pull it off as long as the play calling and execution is better in the red zone.

giantsaz
10-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Man this sucks so much...

I'm concerned about what they're not telling us, this whole Nicks injury-deal seems kind of suspect.

Anyhow, Nicks is a special talent, dude is already a beast but I dont think we've seen the best version of Hakeem Nicks yet, he's already an elite receiver in my opinion but imagine the numbers and plays he'd be able to make if he could just stay healthy?As much as I like Nicks, I have to say that the guy cannot stay healthy for nothing. I do not think he will be much of a factor this year because the latest injury is much more serious than they let us believe. I hope I am wrong, but it does not look good. Sorry to say but Nicks, the Princess and Hixon have a history of not being able to play an entire season.

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 12:53 AM

Not in order though.

So what does that make the Cardinals who kicked the you know what out of your 49rs..........and we will do the same in 2 weeks
Im not afraid of the 49rs.......their QB is mediocre at best

It took a miracle for the Falcons to beat ol Cam.......who we canned

you make no sense

have you looked at the pathetic weaklings the Texans have beaten?........didnt the Ravens just get handled? by Vick?
but they smacked those bengals and browns around........puhleeeese

We have as good a chance as anyone of taking the trophy again this year ...........next weekend we are back in 1st.....I guarantee it

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:11 AM
So what does that make the Cardinals who kicked the you know what out of your 49rs..........and we will do the same in 2 weeks

you make no sense

have you looked at the pathetic weaklings the Texans have beaten?........didnt the Ravens just get handled? by Vick?

We have as good a chance as anyone of taking the trophy again this year ...........next weekend we are back in 1st.....I guarantee itI think people are over hyping the 9ers to they are not invincible Eli knows what he has to do against them and he will do it....

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I think people are over hyping the 9ers to they are not invincible Eli knows what he has to do against them and he will do it....Agreed

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:18 AM
AgreedIt's almost comical this the 49ers lost to the Vikings and people still were crowning them champs then they beat the crap out ofthe Jets and all of a sudden that team is in the SB again..smh... I don't not believe in Alex Smith one bit and MM has been a non factor and I think the Giants know him well to shut him out they barely play RM and even if the did he is not the RM of old if you stop the run and get a lead I don't believe Alex Smith can get them back in the game. The GB win the had was good but you say after this weekend GB defense is still a mess.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I really think once we are healthy we are the most complete team.... Hopefully Nicks gets healthy then we have a super studded wr core we have an mvp caliber qb, if Brown and Bradshaw continue to be effective in the run game that makes the offense more lethal, I think our o-line isn't playing as bad as everyone thinks, and on the defense if we can get Rivers, Kenny Phillips, Chris Canty,Jayron Hosley, all on the field at the same time our defense will be more then formidable just think we haven't played 1 game with our full lineup for once I just want to see how good we play with everyone playing,

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 06:06 AM
I think we got a ton from both Hixon, and Barden seemed to really start figuring it out in the 4th quarter in the bump and run (He was giving them fits). I think those two will serve us well the rest of the year! I thought that I heard that Randel was being labeled as a guy that didn't work hard and that was hurting him. Bennett will only be able to help if we can get the O line right!

tonyt830
10-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Maybe the 49rs were playing down to the competition but believe me they were not the man eating team we faced last year.......they have lost a step
dont let the score fool you........sanchez gifted them the gameSanchez is to blame, but what about Rex's vaunted defense giving up over 200 yards on the ground? What about the bad special teams play from the Jets? There is plenty of blame to go around. The 49ers capitalized in all 3 phases of the game.

And yes the 49ers lost to Minnesota last week, but the NFL is so unpredictable this year. Look at the Cardinals---beat down the Eagles, than have to go to OT to beat the Dolphins in Arizona. The Panthers played a lot better vs the Falcons, than they did vs the Giants. And even though the Falcons are 4-0, they have showed some weaknesses. The Falcons may be a tad overrated, even at 4-0.

Its a long season, we are 1/4 of the way through it---some teams start out strong, but fizzle out in the end, other teams get hot at the end of the season which carries over into the post season.

tonyt830
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM

Not in order though.I think that the Texans very well could be the class of the AFC, with the Ravens a close 2nd. In the NFC the 49ers are still one of the better teams, even with Alex Smith at QB. The Falcons are 4-0, maybe a bit overhyped or overrated. I need to see them win a significant game in January before I become a big believer in them. They have been 13-3 before and been eliminated early in the playoffs. There D is playing better, but the Panthers D dominated the Falcons O-line. Ryan sacked 6 times Sunday? Plus hit on numerous other occasions. I want to see if the Cards can sustain their winning ways. The Vikings are a surprise as well. I wouldnt have picked the Bears and Vikings to be tied for 1st in the North at this point, while the Pack are at .500 and the Lions at 1-3 in the cellar.

Lots of football left to be played though. But I would pretty much agree with your top tier teams as of right now.

you make no sense

We have as good a chance as anyone of taking the trophy again this year ...........next weekend we are back in 1st.....I guarantee itYou cannot fault any teams schedule. You play who is on your schedule, plain and simple. Yes the Giants have the leagues toughest schedule on paper this season. But to argue that the Texans and Ravens havent played anyone is just silly. Is the NFL, nothing is a given week to week. Sometimes it comes down to match-ups. Divisional rivalry games tend to be close, no matter records.

So your guarantee about the Giants being in st after this coming weekend, I guess that means you also guarantee that the Ravens beat the Cowboys and the Steelers beat the Eagles and the Falcons beat the Redskins, correct? We would have a share of 1st place in the division under that scenario.

giantsfam04
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Yea the Nicks injury situation sucks but when has any NFL team been completely up front about injuries? Seriously if it was real bad there would have been a leak about it, swelling can happen for a number of reasons.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Swelling an happen but would TC look so concerned about a little swelling? They need him so I hope it is nothing.