PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else frustrated by the lack of a hurry-up??

gfanblue
10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I really know Im not the only one who feels this way. What's it gonna take??? Seems with the weapons this team has they could put up 50 pts a game.

dave56dj
10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Umm nah im all set with our top 5 offense and keeping our d fresh.

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
65 year old men do not do hurry up.......and they are in bed by 9:30

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
well i will say that our d sure looked gassed that entire 2nd half and philly ran a no huddle for much of the game...

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 01:40 AM
It's all part of the frustration of watching Gilbride fail against the Eagles.

The team thrives on rotating linemen.....instead of going uptempo to keep their guys on the field, same old same old....8 of 9 losses, you'd think they'd consider changing things up.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 06:00 AM

The team thrives on rotating linemen.....instead of going uptempo to keep their guys on the field, same old same old....8 of 9 losses, you'd think they'd consider changing things up.

Eli is very capable of running the no huddle, was very surprised that we didn't wait until we had a favorable matchup and run no huddle...

Diamondring
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM

The team thrives on rotating linemen.....instead of going uptempo to keep their guys on the field, same old same old....8 of 9 losses, you'd think they'd consider changing things up.This time it was the lack of execution when Eli got some of his passes like the pass the Barden near the end of the game. Barden should be able to catch that ball or knock it away.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Absolutely! They mentioned this during the broadcast and you would think we would try and take them out of their rotation comfort zone.

I think it's the coaching staff being stubborn, not letting a team dictate "what we do" but it's been proven time and time again it's something the Giants can do VERY WELL.

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah ... damn that two time Superbowl winning coaching staff.

*shakes fist*

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:02 AM

*shakes fist*

Doesn't mean they can't be stubborn - no one rational would be looking for wholesale changes.

Giantterp
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Doesn't mean they can't be stubborn - no one rational would be looking for wholesale changes.

Agreed, why visit boards or discuss this stuff if you can't criticize. These comments drive me crazy. The superbowl wins earn them life long credibility, long term job stability and thanks from Giant fans-it does not mean we can't criticize and be frustrated with their decisions.

I get why they don't go to the hurry up as a system. However, when the offense struggles for a few series, why not go to it for a series or two to change things up. I'ven been frustrated with that for years. Long before Eli's season last year, he's been best in the hurry up. Makes NO sense!

CDN_G-FAN
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM

it does mean that we should probably give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to when they run the hurry up or some other semantical detail though.

we over simplify this stuff. most hurry up play packages have you're most consistently executed plays in them, and its usually a much smaller book, i've heard 12 plays but who knows, which explains why we look so good in our 2 minute drill, its a collection of the plays your offense does the best with usually.

you run the hurry up alot and you end up generating alot of tape on your hurry up play selection, which means you need to start changing out those plays more than you would if you just ran it for your 2 minute drill, which means you put plays in that aren't executed as well.

you probably already know all this, but as usual on here, it's just not as simple as "we look good in the 2 minute, so run it more".

at some point in time we need to trust this coaching staff and not nick pick them to death.

OX1
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM

*shakes fist*

and that means what when your division builds it's teams to beat you and it finally works.
Time to adapt.............

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
it does mean that we should probably give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to when they run the hurry up or some other semantical detail though.

we over simplify this stuff. most hurry up play packages have you're most consistently executed plays in them, and its usually a much smaller book, i've heard 12 plays but who knows, which explains why we look so good in our 2 minute drill, its a collection of the plays your offense does the best with usually.

you run the hurry up alot and you end up generating alot of tape on your hurry up play selection, which means you need to start changing out those plays more than you would if you just ran it for your 2 minute drill, which means you put plays in that aren't executed as well.

you probably already know all this, but as usual on here, it's just not as simple as "we look good in the 2 minute, so run it more".

at some point in time we need to trust this coaching staff and not nick pick them to death.

I hear you - but I don't think it's really nit picking. When you hear the opponent is HEAVILY reliant on subs - with 9 guys usually not used to playing more that 1-2 snaps - honestly what would be YOUR first thought?

A no-huddle doesn't necessarily mean you have to go hurry up.

I don't call for heads - I trust these coaches, they have the benefit of the doubt but let's not kid ourselves in thinking they are infallible during the regular season.