PDA

View Full Version : Our Record's Actually Not Bad...

Overdrive92
10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
After the Cowboys loss tonight, our record is actually not that bad.

We're 2-2, and so are the Redskins and Cowboys. The Eagles are only one game up at 3-1. And after this weekend? All could be well again. We have the Browns, which we hopefully & should win, while the Eagles have to travel to Pittsburgh, a game they could easily lose. And if all goes well? We'll both be tied at 3-2.

I know we're 0-2 in the division, but we get Philly again at home, and Dallas again in JerryWorld, where we're undefeated.

I was very disappointed in the loss last night, but after really thinking about it today, our record isn't that bad, and neither is being 0-2 in the division. No reason to lose hope.

NWKEffectElement
10-02-2012, 12:55 AM
I still feel nasty know this probably brought Reid another year,

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 12:56 AM
lol ppl r talking bout draft picks n ****. both losses should have been wins but we failed ourselves, not a team beating us. we're fine. we have a top 3 qb, nicks or no nicks, the run game needs to at least not be dead last, and our DL needs to play better bc they are much better than they've shown.

we're a 10 win team minimum...still believe that.

repeatchamps

We're 2-2, and so are the Redskins and Cowboys. The Eagles are only one game up at 3-1. And after this weekend? All could be well again. We have the Browns, which we hopefully & should win, while the Eagles have to travel to Pittsburgh, a game they could easily lose. And if all goes well? We'll both be tied at 3-2.

I know we're 0-2 in the division, but we get Philly again at home, and Dallas again in JerryWorld, where we're undefeated.

I was very disappointed in the loss last night, but after really thinking about it today, our record isn't that bad, and neither is being 0-2 in the division. No reason to lose hope.

Also after Pittsuburgh, Philly gets Detroit, not easy. Dallas has a bye this week but are at Baltimore after their bye. Of course though the Giants will get a vengeful 49ers team after the Browns at SF.

Gmen2005
Just take it game by game. They have plenty of time to regain some ground. With Eli Manning, I don't doubt this team will be in contention for the playoffs by the end of the year.

TheBookOfEli
10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Don't forget we have the redskins who swept us last year with Rex Grossman as their QB. Now they have an electrifying QB.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Don't forget we have the redskins who swept us last year with Rex Grossman as their QB. Now they have an electrifying QB.

No Orakpo or Carriker will kill them defensively in the long haul. They also barely beat TB this week and Cincinatti demolished them last week.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Well the Giants are 2-2. They lost to Dallas and the Eagles. They beat Tampa and the Panthers. I'd say heir record doesn't look so good. Oh, and statistically they are in last place. I know it's early, and one game can change a lot at this point of the season. By they are in last place in their division.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I still feel nasty know this probably brought Reid another year,Why? As long as Reid is their coach they will never win a SB... Kinda like when we all loved Wade in Dallas... Lol until they got Garrett

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Don't forget we have the redskins who swept us last year with Rex Grossman as their QB. Now they have an electrifying QB.they run the option just like Carolina and we shown we can shut that down and we typically had problems with Rex Grossman going all the way back to when he was with the Bears........

PRGiant
10-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I love reid! If they fire him, the eagles might get a good coach!

Overdrive92
10-02-2012, 01:01 AM

^Yes, but the Cowboys and Eagles still have to play the Redskins twice as well.

I'm just saying. In 6 days, we could (and hopefully) be tied for the division lead. 3-2 is not a spectacular record, but being tied for 1st in the division after 5 weeks ain't a bad deal either.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:02 AM
After the Cowboys loss tonight, our record is actually not that bad.We're 2-2, and so are the Redskins and Cowboys. The Eagles are only one game up at 3-1. And after this weekend? All could be well again. We have the Browns, which we hopefully & should win, while the Eagles have to travel to Pittsburgh, a game they could easily lose. And if all goes well? We'll both be tied at 3-2.I know we're 0-2 in the division, but we get Philly again at home, and Dallas again in JerryWorld, where we're undefeated.I was very disappointed in the loss last night, but after really thinking about it today, our record isn't that bad, and neither is being 0-2 in the division. No reason to lose hope.I didn't realize the cowboys are only 14-12 in their new stadium..

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:02 AM
We will make them 14-13 in a few weeks

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Well the Giants are 2-2. They lost to Dallas and the Eagles. They beat Tampa and the Panthers. I'd say heir record doesn't look so good. Oh, and statistically they are in last place. I know it's early, and one game can change a lot at this point of the season. By they are in last place in their division.

Tampa just barely lost to the Skins and Cowboys. Carolina almost beat Atlanta in Atlanta yesterday so maybe you are downplaying those teams a bit too much. Winning in Carolina in blow out fashion in a Thursday game is impressive. Just 1 made play that was not made in both the Cowboys and Eagles game, Giants are undefeated. It is not as bad as you make it sound.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Almost does not count.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Tampa just barely lost to the Skins and Cowboys. Carolina almost beat Atlanta in Atlanta yesterday so maybe you are downplaying those teams a bit too much. Winning in Carolina in blow out fashion in a Thursday game is impressive. Just 1 made play that was not made in both the Cowboys and Eagles game, Giants are undefeated. It is not as bad as you make it sound.this^^^^^^^^^^^don't even bother just let buddy thrown in the towel he's already down for the count.........

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Almost does not count.

Of course it doesn't but you make it sound like they were in no position to win the 2 games they lost and were dominated. This is not the case at all. Same applies for Carolina's loss to Atlanta and Tampa's losses to Dallas and the Skins.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 01:08 AM
this^^^^^^^^^^^don't even bother just let buddy thrown in the towel he's already down for the count.........

I know lol. I know buddy's schtick over the years very well. I am just trying to get him to come off the ledge lol. Buck up/cheer up buddy! It'll be fine.

Overdrive92

Yes, technically we're in last. But Washington and Dallas have the same record as us, and we still get to play Dallas again. So not a terribly bad deal.

Eliscruzzz
the way these NFC east teams are playing I think 10 wins ...wins the division

Overdrive92
10-02-2012, 01:11 AM
the way these NFC east teams are playing I think 10 wins ...wins the division

I won't be surprised if 9-7 wins it again either. Definitely nothing higher than 10-6 though.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:11 AM
the way these NFC east teams are playing I think 10 wins ...wins the divisionmaybe 9 again

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I won't be surprised if 9-7 wins it again either. Definitely nothing higher than 10-6 though.I agree all three teams have basically the same schedule I don't think anyone is winning 11 to13 games

NWKEffectElement
10-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Why? As long as Reid is their coach they will never win a SB... Kinda like when we all loved Wade in Dallas... Lol until they got Garrett

They won't win a SB ever but as long as Reid is their coach they have a chance of denying us of a SB. They elimanated us from the playoffs twice then proceeded that with 8 of 9 over us.

repeatchamps
Gonna call it a night folks. Keep your spirits up everyone especially you Buddy! We're the defending champs and there's a long way to go before a repeat can be ruled out. Let's get healthy and kick Cleveland's behind and hopefully get on a nice win streak thereafter. Go Big Blue!

Overdrive92
Here's the upcoming schedule for our hated rivals.

Dallas
@Baltimore
@Carolina
Giants
@Atlanta

Wow, they could lose all 4.

Philly
@Pittsburgh
Detroit
Atlanta
@New Orleans

Not a walk in the park, they could possibly lose 3 or 4 of these too.

Washington
Atlanta
Minnesota
@Giants
@Pittsburgh

Also not an easy schedule, with Minnesota being much improved.

As you can see folks, our division rivals have very tough schedules coming up. If we're lucky, there will be a lot of L's coming their way.

ELI_Iz_God
10-02-2012, 01:17 AM

Dallas and Philly are NOT sweeping us..We will win in Dallas and hosting the Iggles. Somehow I got a gut feeling we return the favor of the skins sweeping us last season and both Philly and Dallas split with the skins....problem solved XD

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Here's the upcoming schedule for our hated rivals.Dallas@Baltimore@CarolinaGiants@AtlantaWow, they could lose all 4.Philly@PittsburghDetroitAtlanta@New OrleansNot a walk in the park, they could possibly lose 3 or 4 of these too.WashingtonAtlantaMinnesota@Giants@PittsburghAl so not an easy schedule, with Minnesota being much improved.As you can see folks, our division rivals have very tough schedules coming up. If we're lucky, there will be a lot of L's coming their way.Oh yea. I'm down with that

Parademon
10-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Eagles beat us by 2 pts while we were w/o our #1 WR, banged up in the 2ndary..again & no run game while they ran for a ton of yds..plus Eli threw a endzone pick! We just need to be healthy by week 8 & the Ws will pile up.

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 01:46 AM
thank u overdrive.i thought i ws the only one not throwing it in or being unrealistically down on the team. we're 2-2 in a VERY YOUNG SEASON.

we have the best qb in the league. the other divisional teams will be .500 or under by week 8 i'd guarantee, and I'll bet we are in 1rst. we're a 10 win team minimum. i still believe we have a long win streak in us and we get to 11-12 wins, i know it sounds crazy but we should be 4-0, are 2-2, and havent come close to our best ball at all besides eli n the pass game

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Lets talk about this after October and see where we are....

BlueSanta
10-02-2012, 06:16 AM
We need to get hot soon because our schedule gets less and less forgiving as the season progresses.

However, 2-2 is not ok. Not when the 2 losses are divisional. I would like to see some fire out of our players this week because the "smile while your getting run over" act isnt filling my heart with joy.

B-Red22
10-02-2012, 07:16 AM
didn't even read the post, but based of the title all I have to say is we are 0-2 in the division, that IS a bad record

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 08:01 AM
By schtick to do you mean facing reality. Never said the season was over but I won't sugar coat things either. They are 0-2 in the division, beat 2 bad teams, and why or how they lost is irrelevant. I like all these "we lost without Nicks" threads. How many games has Nicks played against the Eagles and get still lost. A loss is a loss. No excuses. It's kind of like how so many thought the Eagles where not that good because they won a couple if close games. Hey, now they won 3 close games. Did you guys watch the Giants last year? How many close games did they have? A win is a win.

Joe Morrison
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Our Record's Actually Not Bad, if we were in the NHL!

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM
We probably will get to 6-4 before the bye week.

Cleveland - Now that the team isn't sitting on a comfortable 3-1 lead, they're not going to go through the motions and possibly choke this one. W

@ San Francisco - Hahahaha no. We're not winning against a more disciplined, more talented, and really healthy team who wants to beat us more than any other team. L

Washington - Their defense is a bit underwhelming this year. Tuck and Osi will show up for this game because they called him Bob in the offseason and somehow it's more important to them than the divisional rivalry. W

@ Dallas - Convinced that Week 1 was just a fluke now and they went "Superbowl" on us. Should still be a good game but not expecting the same energy. W

Pittsburgh - This isn't the same Steelers team we are used to. The defense is much worse this year and with a new offense, I'm not too worried about them. W

@ Cincinnati - This isn't the same Bengals team we are used to. The defense is much better this year with guys like Geno Atkins and heavens forbid if Webster has to cover A.J. Green. L

The saving grace I'd say is the fact the Packers and Saints no longer appear as invincible as they once did and victories against both teams are strong possibilities.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 09:26 AM
We just need to take every game we play as they come up on the radar. It's far too early to be deciding where we'll be in Decmber

GameTime
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
next game Cleveland.....thats as far as I am going.....

gumby74
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
We probably will get to 6-4 before the bye week.

Cleveland - Now that the team isn't sitting on a comfortable 3-1 lead, they're not going to go through the motions and possibly choke this one. W

@ San Francisco - Hahahaha no. We're not winning against a more disciplined, more talented, and really healthy team who wants to beat us more than any other team. L

Washington - Their defense is a bit underwhelming this year. Tuck and Osi will show up for this game because they called him Bob in the offseason and somehow it's more important to them than the divisional rivalry. W

@ Dallas - Convinced that Week 1 was just a fluke now and they went "Superbowl" on us. Should still be a good game but not expecting the same energy. W

Pittsburgh - This isn't the same Steelers team we are used to. The defense is much worse this year and with a new offense, I'm not too worried about them. W

@ Cincinnati - This isn't the same Bengals team we are used to. The defense is much better this year with guys like Geno Atkins and heavens forbid if Webster has to cover A.J. Green. L

The saving grace I'd say is the fact the Packers and Saints no longer appear as invincible as they once did and victories against both teams are strong possibilities.

I can totally see us beating SF but losing to Cleveland. It's just how we roll.

Toadofsteel
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
We can definitely beat GB and NO this year. The way NO has imploded without their head coach and GB's offense has been exposed by us in the playoffs last year, both teams are now definitely beatable. The only hard factor in our schedule is SF. Other than that, we actually have an easier schedule than both the Cowboys (who lost to Seattle and da Bears), Philly (who lost to Arizona and have to play the Lions), and even Washington (who lost to the Rams and have to play the Vikes)

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM
By schtick to do you mean facing reality. Never said the season was over but I won't sugar coat things either. They are 0-2 in the division, beat 2 bad teams, and why or how they lost is irrelevant. I like all these "we lost without Nicks" threads. How many games has Nicks played against the Eagles and get still lost. A loss is a loss. No excuses. It's kind of like how so many thought the Eagles where not that good because they won a couple if close games. Hey, now they won 3 close games. Did you guys watch the Giants last year? How many close games did they have? A win is a win.

Facing reality? Fine Giants are one game back of the division lead. Considering the upcoming schedules they'll likely be tied for first place after Sunday (by the way tie breakers mean squat right now since there is still one game yet to be played against Philly so yes 3-2 after next week with Philly being 3-2 would mean a legit tie for first). Nicks from the past is not this more veteran, matured version of Nicks so having him this year against this particular Eagles team would have most definitely translated into a win in my opinion. That's reality for ya.

Giants5699
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM

As long as Reid is HC, filthy won't win.

Toadofsteel
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
As long as Reid is HC, filthy won't win.

Maybe TC has been metagaming all these years against Philthy... look incredibly stupid vs them and Reid stays as HC, instead of getting someone more competent.