PDA

View Full Version : PFF Giants @ Eagles

juice33s
10-02-2012, 01:09 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/01/refo-giants-eagles-week-4/

S (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/01/refo-giants-eagles-week-4/)ome Interesting tidbits:
DTs Rocky Bernard (+4.6) and Linval Joseph (+2.3)were a force, especially against the run, all game long. Bernard was far too much for the Eagles replacement center to handle, and Joseph was a hand full for anybody he went up against.....
Evan Mathis has long been someone PFF has championed, and he is without question one of the leagueís best guards, but I have never seen a player give him as many issues upon first contact as Joseph did in this game. The Giants defensive tackle was regularly able to generate instant movement before Mathis could readjust and regain control of the block, but there arenít many players in the NFL that can move Mathis upon contact.......

Remember when Corey Webster (-1.8) was a legitimate quality cornerback? I ask because itís getting to the stage where I donít! In 2008 he was PFFís 2nd ranked CB in the NFL, and comfortably the best graded corner in coverage terms, ahead of a young Darrelle Revis, and a seemingly invincible Nnamdi Asomugha. Since then his decline has been dramatic and he has now allowed 336 receiving yards over the first quarter of the season. Thatís putting him on pace for a ridiculous 1,344 yards allowed by the end of the season. In this game he was thrown at seven times, allowing five receptions for 85 yards and a touchdown......

If thereís one thing you know the Eagles will do, itís bring heat around the edge from Jason Babin and Trent Cole all game long. In this game however, it never really materialized. Despite combining for 73 rushes in the game, the pair was able to account for just a couple of total pressures on Eli Manning and was relatively absent from the game as a whole.....

- Despite some soft coverage at times Prince Amukamara was thrown at just four times all game, giving up two receptions for 24 yards.

ELI_Iz_God
10-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Dump some screens to Wilson and you'll likely see some of the r***le d***le he displays on kickoff returns

miked1958
10-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Yes I have been saying that all along.. Get him ball out in space with some blocking and let's see him light it up

RagTime Blue
10-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Prince and Hosely are the future at CB. Webster seemed like such a liability out there.

RagTime Blue
10-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Dump some screens to Wilson and you'll likely see some of the r***le d***le he displays on kickoff returns

The bad news is that Wilson is clearly not ready to play from scrimmage. The good news is that when he IS ready, he's going to change the way this team plays ball.

ELI_Iz_God
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
The bad news is that Wilson is clearly not ready to play from scrimmage. The good news is that when he IS ready, he's going to change the way this team plays ball.

well the problem there is his opportunities suck to begin with. That so called Shuttle pass yesterday was ugly at best and I seriously doubt it was even the designed play. when was the last time our O even used a screen? They trust him not to fumble on Kickoffs which is a pretty damn important part of the game. If they want to only tap into 30% of his potential thats the coaches call. Theres 31 other teams out there that would be using this kid a lot more...just sayin

RagTime Blue
10-02-2012, 01:32 AM
well the problem there is his opportunities suck to begin with. That so called Shuttle pass yesterday was ugly at best and I seriously doubt it was even the designed play. when was the last time our O even used a screen? They trust him not to fumble on Kickoffs which is a pretty damn important part of the game. If they want to only tap into 30% of his potential thats the coaches call. Theres 31 other teams out there that would be using this kid a lot more...just sayin

I hear what you're saying, and honestly I'm not obsessing about the fumble. . .that kind of thing happens. I just don't think he looks good out there from scrimmage. He seems to give the play away too soon. Is it a coincidence that there's defenders in the backfield every time he touches the ball?

The man is TALENT, though. I hope he comes around sooner than later. . .we can certainly use him.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 06:02 AM

and what was that shuttle pass that he dropped supposed to be????? He r***led d***led on that one.

Drez
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes I have been saying that all along.. Get him ball out in space with some blocking and let's see him light it up
The few times we've tried doing that he's not been able to catch the ball.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 09:36 AM
So much for all of the people who were blaming the DT's for the lack of production from the Dline. The issue is and will continue to be Osi and Tuck. Osi because he doesn't know the definition of contain in football and Tuck because he looks 5 steps slower than he used to be.