PDA

View Full Version : the lingering question.

giant-4-life
10-02-2012, 01:46 AM
This is a question, we can't avoid it because it needs to be addressed. I do believe Eli's contract is coming up. He will weigh heavy on our salary cap, 2 SB's and stats. will some of you be settled with mediocre years?

Manning's 2012 cap number counts for $9.6 million now, down from $16.35 million according to the New York Daily News.

Source

I (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/13132/giants-restructure-mannings-contract)'m gonna wait and see what transpires.

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 03:47 AM
What? He doesn't come off contract until 2016.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 04:20 AM
What?

Eli will retire a Giant.

I'm lost...

Lingering question? Amongst who? :confused:

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Huh???????

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Eli will retire a Giant.
And Peyton Manning will retire a Colt, and Brett Favre, a Packer.

Nothing is certain.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 07:51 AM
And Peyton Manning will retire a Colt, and Brett Favre, a Packer.

Nothing is certain.

That's true that nothing is certain but so far none of the circumstances that led to those 2 leaving are present w/Eli.

TheAnalyst
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Eli will be making near $20M a year in the next couple of years. Yes, it wil cripple our team by really cutting off the talent around him, but there is nothing you can do. He is our single most important player on our team. Without Eli, this team doesnt win 1 game.

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
This is a question, we can't avoid it because it needs to be addressed. I do believe Eli's contract is coming up. He will weigh heavy on our salary cap, 2 SB's and stats. will some of you be settled with mediocre years?

Source

I (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/13132/giants-restructure-mannings-contract)'m gonna wait and see what transpires.

Are you entirely insane?!

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Source

What's the question?

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Eli will be making near $20M a year in the next couple of years. Yes, it wil cripple our team by really cutting off the talent around him, but there is nothing you can do. He is our single most important player on our team. Without Eli, this team doesnt win 1 game.

I understand your feelings, but you can't say that without knowing who the QB would be.

Drez
10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Eli will not be a cap casualty. Ever. Only way he doesn't retire a Giants is if a situation like Peyton or Favre happens where we either can get or have an heir apparent on the roster.

gumby74
10-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Eli will not be a cap casualty. Ever. Only way he doesn't retire a Giants is if a situation like Peyton or Favre happens where we either can get or have an heir apparent on the roster.

That's always the plan isn't it? Looks for who's next in line? Very few players actually stay with one team their entire careers.

BlueReign
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Favre's situation was very very weird. Eli doesn't appear like a Diva, and I don't believe Mara would push Eli out the door the way Irsay did Peyton.

gumby74
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Favre's situation was very very weird. Eli doesn't appear like a Diva, and I don't believe Mara would push Eli out the door the way Irsay did Peyton.

If Eli was getting closer to 40, had a serious injury, and the best QB prospect in decades is in coming in the draft, you bet your butt we'd dump Eli and his 100 million dollar salary.

ashleymarie
10-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Eli will know when the time comes for him to pack his road warrior bag and slip out the back.

Rat_bastich
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Eventually the Giants will have to look for his heir apparent, but he can still play and is able to be a strong catalyst to force a win. Even the Eagles game, after throwing an early interception he was still doing well. The Giants could have easily won that game if the defense wasn't as porous as a sieve. I wouldn't call him mediocre especially when you look at what was before in Brown, Graham, Kanell, etc.

yoeddy
10-02-2012, 10:04 AM

The league cap should increase significantly in 2014...

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM
The league cap should increase significantly in 2014...

Let's hope

AntB
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
We might be able to get Sanchez and a few sexy feet video's for him

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Christ, Eli's just beginning to hitting his peak and he's locked up for the entirety of it. Why is this conversation even happening?