PDA

View Full Version : After seeing what other Defenses have done to Vick & Romo

TroyArcher
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I am even more pissed at our D-line. Other than JPP they need to get their act together.

bebil10
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
well in the eagles case, the other defenses blitzed often on vick, it throws him off his game, in this case it was as if our coaching staff didn't know the past 3 weeks of eagles game film existed, and thought dropping back in coverage and rushing 4 was the best strategy against this team. Why because it seems we want to look bad against the eagles.

ryan12
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
not to be a jerk but this has been brought up in 100 posts. we all know our dline isnt performing right now and osi just flat out sucks. give some fresh legs some reps would love to see what ojomo and tracey bring to the table

NYFG
10-02-2012, 11:06 AM
To be fair tho the eagles were using extra tight ends to stay in and block at the line of scrimage. Our d-line is just not gonna get to the qb all the time if they are constantly being double teamed. It is no secret how talented our d-line is so other coaches focus on that and spend the week preparing for it. If it opens up opportunities for the linebackers and secondary to get through to the qb than so be it. In that sense the d-line is doing its job.

Toadofsteel
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
To be fair tho the eagles were using extra tight ends to stay in and block at the line of scrimage. Our d-line is just not gonna get to the qb all the time if they are constantly being double teamed. It is no secret how talented our d-line is so other coaches focus on that and spend the week preparing for it. If it opens up opportunities for the linebackers and secondary to get through to the qb than so be it. In that sense the d-line is doing its job.

So basically at that point we have to pretend we're running a 3-4? I'm down, but PF needs to freaking blitz when that happens. Hopefully if we can get Prince and Hosley healthy in the same week he'll be less afraid to send linebackers...

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Giants should of won that Eagles game. Poor execution at the end did them in.I thought they played well enough.i just hope it doesnt come back to haunt them. The Cowboy game they didnt play well at all. IIm going to be pissed if they dont come out and destroy them in Dallas

SweetZombieJesus
10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
The first arrow of blame has to go for Osi not keeping gap control on his rush... They abused him 3 plays in a row at one point and went back to it throughout the game.

Then turn to Gilbride for getting greedy when they were already in field goal range.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
well in the eagles case, the other defenses blitzed often on vick, it throws him off his game, in this case it was as if our coaching staff didn't know the past 3 weeks of eagles game film existed, and thought dropping back in coverage and rushing 4 was the best strategy against this team. Why because it seems we want to look bad against the eagles.

The Giants didn't rotate enough.....and in the 2nd half, Osi played some the worst football I've ever seen from him.....no pressue, and zero containment. It was like playing with 10 guys, that's how irrelevant he was out there.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
The first arrow of blame has to go for Osi not keeping gap control on his rush... They abused him 3 plays in a row at one point and went back to it throughout the game.

Then turn to Gilbride for getting greedy when they were already in field goal range.

It was pathetic.

Coughlin is just too damn loyal to his old timers.....Osi and Bradshaw should have gotten the hook.

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
When will Fewell realize that only rushing 4 DL is not getting it done and need to blitz more? Fewell is the worst when it comes to in-game adjustments.

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I think Tuck looks spent. The will is still there but his body is just not cooperating. The days of Tuck being a weekly difference maker and an All Pro are over. I think he may retire at the ned of his contract next season

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
The defense played solid for the first half of the Eagles game and then all then wore down and lost containment the entire second half. If you watched the game, McCoy was getting stuffed left and right, the Eagles for once stuck with the run and our ends lost containment. Osi got abused and there were a couple of times were Tuck and JPP lost containment also, the D adjusted by having the linebackers contain rather than the ends. All around the D played pretty solid, it was the few plays that the d blew that lead to the TD's. Osi off sides, loss of containment all on the same drive.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
The defense was doing a fantastic job until containment on Vick fell apart because of a few individuals that don't need to be named once more. Offense was doing decent enough considering how good the Eagles defense is and had we distributed the RB snaps a little better, (like to Wilson who deserved more than one damn snap). The offense without Nicks is a little bland. Defenses will know to just double Cruz, bracket Bennett, and make us beat them with Hixon/Barden against press coverage. Just because Wilson didn't execute on one snap doesn't mean he should ride the bench for the entire game other than KRs.

Diamondring
10-02-2012, 11:29 AM
To be fair tho the eagles were using extra tight ends to stay in and block at the line of scrimage. Our d-line is just not gonna get to the qb all the time if they are constantly being double teamed. It is no secret how talented our d-line is so other coaches focus on that and spend the week preparing for it. If it opens up opportunities for the linebackers and secondary to get through to the qb than so be it. In that sense the d-line is doing its job.You are right that our front will not get at the qb all of the time. As a matter of fact, the most a de usualy gets in sacks if he is good are in the teens. Our guys are no tgetting at the qb and that is understandable cause they are not fast to get Vick. We need defenders who can chase him down.

TroyArcher
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
not to be a jerk but this has been brought up in 100 posts. we all know our dline isnt performing right now and osi just flat out sucks. give some fresh legs some reps would love to see what ojomo and tracey bring to the table

I know that very well.

TroyArcher
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I think Tuck looks spent. The will is still there but his body is just not cooperating. The days of Tuck being a weekly difference maker and an All Pro are over. I think he may retire at the ned of his contract next season

Isn't he like 27 years old? WTH!!!

GameTime
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
this morning in the Bergen Record Blackburn says: " it was like we all running at the ball like little kids playing soccer". I am paraphrased but thats the jist of what he said. You have to be ****ing kidding me!!! Thats what I have been saying. Many posters here feel "well we held the Eagle to 19 points and thats good"...No that sucks because the they got almost 200 freaking yards on the ground mostly due to NO backside containment. Shady is good but they ran the same play over and over. Why does this defense fall into a lull and cant get out?? They better pull their heads out of their asses.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
You guys do realize the defense held them to 19 points right? They may have gotten a bunch of yards but you act like the defense didn't stop them at all.

egyptian420
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't know why people think we didn't blitz, maybe we could've blitzed a few more times, but we certianly did blitz and we got burned almost everytime we did.

I remember once on a safety blitz (not sure if it was Rolle or another safety) but the safety just flat out tripped and fell on the ground before getting a sack. Pretty much every blitz we brought, something bad happened and Vick had someone who was wide open.

And even if we blitzed more, Vick (especially on that last drive they had) was getting the ball out quickly and right down the middle every single time and whoever was there wasn't only open, but was able to gain 5+ yards after it as well.

Our D just flat out SUCKED. We need to just forget about this game all together and focus on Cleveland.

egyptian420
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
You guys do realize the defense held them to 19 points right? They may have gotten a bunch of yards but you act like the defense didn't stop them at all.I agree to a certain degree, but compared to how we played the week before, our D didn't look nearly as dominant.

But I do think that the O should certainly deserve a big part of the blame, as well as coaching on that final drive.

Again, I'm done with that regretful and depressing game. Time to focus on the next one.

GameTime
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
You guys do realize the defense held them to 19 points right? They may have gotten a bunch of yards but you act like the defense didn't stop them at all.
dont care. they shouldnt even have gotten that. 200 yards rushing is unacceptable....

CDN_G-FAN
10-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't know why people think we didn't blitz, maybe we could've blitzed a few more times, but we certianly did blitz and we got burned almost everytime we did.

I remember once on a safety blitz (not sure if it was Rolle or another safety) but the safety just flat out tripped and fell on the ground before getting a sack. Pretty much every blitz we brought, something bad happened and Vick had someone who was wide open.

And even if we blitzed more, Vick (especially on that last drive they had) was getting the ball out quickly and right down the middle every single time and whoever was there wasn't only open, but was able to gain 5+ yards after it as well.

Our D just flat out SUCKED. We need to just forget about this game all together and focus on Cleveland.

+1

Blitzing isn't magic. If you can't get pressure with 4, then blitzing has as much chance to improve the situation as it does to make it worse.

its not like you can't make it worse by blitzing. You absolutely can, especially when you're blitzing Kiwi/Blackburn/Boley/a safety, none of which are really feared for their ability to get to the QB.

not to mention, the Eagles are a bad opponent to leave your corners without help over the top.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't understand why everyone thinks the D played awful. Look at the facts..

We are thin at DT and CB. Dt's got gassed and 1 particular corner keeps getting worked.

The way to beat the Giants pash rush is to dink and dunk and chip the DE's.

We lost to the cowboys and the Eagles, 2 divisional opponents who know us very well. They know our strengths and weaknesses. They both executed great game plans and have been healthy for the most part. We haven't been at full strength and yet we still could've beaten both of them.

GameTime
10-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks the D played awful. Look at the facts..

We are thin at DT and CB. Dt's got gassed and 1 particular corner keeps getting worked.

The way to beat the Giants pash rush is to dink and dunk and chip the DE's.

We lost to the cowboys and the Eagles, 2 divisional opponents who know us very well. They know our strengths and weaknesses. They both executed great game plans and have been healthy for the most part. We haven't been at full strength and yet we still could've beaten both of them.
they were undsciplined.....

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes the d just wore down because the offense didn't do squat in the first half and had d working over-time. 3 points in the first half simply won't cut it how you slice it.

And d does need to blitz more, 4-man rush isn't working. Vick had all day to throw when there was no blitz, nothing can be worse than that. Would blitzing backfire? Sure, but giving Vick all day to throw by not blitzing is giving secondary no shot to defend.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
It's pretty obvious who the main culprit on the defensive side of the ball was. He just happens to be in a contract year and is looking to make the big play when he should of just followed his assignment instead. Usually I'm a "lose as a team" guy but I'm very positive that majority of those rushing yards occurred against Osi. Webster gets a pass because he is injured and Desean Jackson was going to have a big day against anyone except Hosley. I can tolerate players who have lost a step more than guys who have the talent but simply don't follow an assignment. That's frustrating.