PDA

View Full Version : Chase

sheepdip
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
This guy clearly is 1 of our best defenders. If this guy had a little more speed ???? I have said this before.

The guy knows how to tackle is in the right position and has a high football intelligence which I cant say for the others.

Glad we resigned him.

njg85m
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Always been a big fan of Chase. He's not the most gifted LB in football, but he is very smart and we know he's going to play consistent.

burier
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
wouldn't call him one of our best defenders. He did make a bunch of hustle plays sunday night though so props to him. But once Rivers gets back I don't want to him on the field.

GiantRoc
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
There are few players on this team that have the fire in their belly that Chase obviously has. There is no question he gives his all on every play. He may be very smart and know what he has to do in every cituation. He just simply does not have the physical tools to be a game in game out starting middle linecabcker in the NFL. He just isn"t fast enough or quick enough to be able to support anything outside the tackles. Don't tell me that is not his responsiblity. The top Backers are out there with their nose in nearly every play. Chase is a great #2 guy. An excellent ST player. As long as he is our #1 MLB we will have gaps in this defense in the run game. If the DE turns a play inside, Chase has to be there for the cut back. If the play gets strung out and slowed to the outside, and the back still gets the corner, Chase has to been able to get outside to support that play. He just hasn't been able to do that. I want every player on this team to have Chase Blackburns fire and intensity. But if every player on this team was on Chase's physical talent level, we would lose most of our games. Chase is important to what he brings to the team. I love that he is a Giant. Just not as a starting MLB.

Mlerman17
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
We need to get him off the field. He is simply too slow and would be a good backup. Rivers at MLB or boley would be more ideal even though they r a little undersized for the position.

Mlerman17
10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Did I also mention he can't cover lbs or get down the field to cover the middle in cover 2

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
We need to get him off the field. He is simply too slow and would be a good backup. Rivers at MLB or boley would be more ideal even though they r a little undersized for the position.

Blackburn is ideal depth ... unfortunately Rivers has a history of not being able to stay on the field.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't call him one of our best defenders but tell you the truth I'd rather see Willams, Rivers and Boley out there starting but we gotta get healthy......

Martyr
10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Anyone noticed the goal line set the Giants used? Both Blackburn & Herzlich were out there. I thought it was pretty cool and the did force a field goal.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't call him one of our best defenders but tell you the truth I'd rather see Willams, Rivers and Boley out there starting but we gotta get healthy......

this guy demonstrates more heart and desire than most on our so called vaunted defense.

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I like that Blackburn is so top heavy.........he engulfs runners.

Blackburn said in the record today, they reviewed the game film and everyone was over persuing.......people totally lacked discipline in the second half

everyone trying to be a hero

Osi was sucking wind by then big time..........hardly trying on most plays

we need to go to a no huddle and make other teams gassed

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
This guy clearly is 1 of our best defenders. If this guy had a little more speed ???? I have said this before.

The guy knows how to tackle is in the right position and has a high football intelligence which I cant say for the others.

Glad we resigned him.

The guy plays with heart. Coughlin said it best. The guy is the Giants personal cheerleader. The guy is always trying to motivate his teammates which goes a long way, but sometimes the guy looks nuts doing it. I was in his corner even after the Giants FO lets him go before the start of last season. Honestly, I feel the same way about Mitch Petrus. Petrus is nuts too with his cheerleading stuff. lol

I Bleed Blue
10-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Glad we resigned him.

Are you serious? One of our best defenders? NO WAY! I like Chase the player, but he's SLOW! and constantly out of position. He was never, and will never be the answer at middle linebacker.

JesseJames
10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Chase's problem when he first got here was his speed and it still is, he's a good football player but IMO he will never be fast enough to make the necessary plays....

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Anyone noticed the goal line set the Giants used? Both Blackburn & Herzlich were out there. I thought it was pretty cool and the did force a field goal.

I didn't see that....but that is cool.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
this guy demonstrates more heart and desire than most on our so called vaunted defense.Heart can only take you so far...plus if those three started this would give kiwi a chance to go back on the d-line and chase and Osi can come off the bench.. I'm not saying Chase is valuable but he cannot start over Rivers when he is healthy

BornBrooklyn
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
It would be cool if Chase could lose weight and maintain his strength like Strahan did toward the end.

jaxnygmen
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I think he has heart which makes up for some of his weakness. I do not think he is one of the best defenders. He has difficulty in covering because of his lack of speed. He does have difficulty shedding blocks and he does not read the holes all that well. Basically he is a band aid in there for cheap. This is a positiion that has not been addressed in a while and we will need to do so in the future. I also think the safeties also help him out a lot more than people realize.

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
1 of the Best defenders? Id say he is the worst of the starters. Id say Boley,Rivers,Kiwanuka, and Williams are all better Linebackers as well

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
1 of the Best defenders? Id say he is the worst of the starters. Id say Boley,Rivers,Kiwanuka, and Williams are all better Linebackers as well

Hands down.

It's not even up for debate.

mike kennedy
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM

Glad we resigned him.

Football intelligence like Gary Reasons had! Gary was on the money with a lot of defensive play changes he called at the line of scrimmage.

mike kennedy
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
This guy ran his *** off 50 yards downfield in the Super Bowl and saved the game in case you forgot! And this play was the reason we went home with the trophy!

Here is a good analogy of the play.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17142948/biggest-play-of-super-bowl-xlvi-belongs-to-unlikely-hero-blackburn

Toadofsteel
10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Blackburn definitely makes up for deficient athletic talent with great football defense.

giant-4-life
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Chase is a kid with heart. he doesn't have to be the most athletic. But the kid leaves it all out on the field

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 05:15 AM
I love Chase but he just couldn't keep McCoy from getting to the edge a couple of times, I think once Rivers comes back that they will have to take a serious look at MLB....

sheepdip
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
man some of you are so blind or have forgotten. Sb play was unbelievable going up and not just knocking it down he boxed out a TE who is huge and normally would win those 1 on 1 situations and come down with the INT. Also we didnt start improving as a unit until he was resigned, did you guys forget about that ?. What about his knock down of a pass to Finley in GB ? it was a big 3rd down play and he quickly read the play and knocked it down. He seemed fast enough to do that. What about the sack on Vick in the open field Sunday night. Oh also I saw Kiwi and a lot of others took horrendous routes to the ball carrier and were lost out there. Yea maybe most of you are right he sux and should be on Special teams. Nice argument guys ?