PDA

View Full Version : And here it is.... Deon Grant lol.... he's been dangling from a string in front of us

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
We could sue him leadership if nothing else and he could mentor the young guns.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM
They have younger, promising talent playing his role now.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM
At least he plays to his ability.

Martyr
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Id normally would be on board but Stevie Brown & Will Hill look good playing

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM

It was one game. We can't put Stevie Brown in the HOF after one game.

Will Hill I really think there's something there.

Have to see what Stevie Brown can do next week.

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
is he even in shape? sounded like to me he was going to enjoy retirement. dude had a long career that was always an uphill battle. read about what happened to his hip or something, he got injured badly and no one thought he would be a player. he's had to fight to get the respect he earned i dunno if coming back would be something he'd even entertain.

that said, of course most of us thought abut him with the injuries to the secondary. hopefully KP is just a week. RF or someone posted he has an MCL sprain and is week to week

qndarius3
10-02-2012, 02:51 PM

No, all day. There is a reason they kept these younger players over him. he has clearly lost a step. I cannot even count the number of teams people on this board complained about him in past years.

Dwinsballgames
10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
That fruit's been squeezed

DVision
10-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Exactly! It was one game and they did pretty well so i don't understand why your even mentioning Grant yet.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Why would you want to bring back 33 year old Grant when Stevie Brown and Will Hill look pretty good? And then there is Sash.

GMENAGAIN
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Go back and look at Grant's play during the first half of last season. It was putrid. He eventually got back to the point where he was playing average, but it took a while. My guess is that he would be an absolute disaster if he came here at age 33 after having not stepped onto a football field since last February.

Time to let Grant go . . . . . .

GMan-67
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
that ship has sailed, Deon did a nice job for us, but we are going to have to get production from Hill, Brown and Sash with K-Phil out a few weeks and Rolle a bit gimpy, not the ideal situation, but we can win any game regardless, so long as we got Eli

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Some of you act like when players are out of football they aren't keeping themselves in tip top shape.

We have a need for Grant with his experience and leadership with KP out for a bit. Let him mentor Will Hill and Stevie Brown.

Couldn't hurt at all.

He's a saavy vet that could teach them a lot. He's also got a ring ;)

jakegibbs
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM

I HEARD HE'S COMING IN FOR A LOOK SEE THIS WEEK. IS THAT TRUE?

GMan-67
10-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Some of you act like when players are out of football they aren't keeping themselves in tip top shape.

We have a need for Grant with his experience and leadership with KP out for a bit. Let him mentor Will Hill and Stevie Brown.

Couldn't hurt at all.

but you act like we have an unlimited number of roster spots ... who do we cut? ... we'd have to cut Brown, then with Sash coming back i guess you cut Kuhn

Brown is in football shape, whereas the best Grant can be is in street shape

and finally we really didnt use Grant as a true Safety very much last season ... he lined up as a LB many times in passing downs ... now we use J-Will for some of that ... and again, younger, upside, football shape

i dont fault you for thinking of Grant, but right now the D isnt even our problem ... over the last 10 quarters they have yielded very few points

and against most Ds the O wont be a problem either .... Philly brought the heat and we left 10 pts. on the field ... we were better, but we lost ... that's the NFL for you

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM

I like Stevie Brown. I would like to see more of him. I thought he played well this past Sunday.

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I am still indifferent about Will Hill. I need to see some more of him before I can make decent assessment.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 04:17 PM
If it's really the experience and leadership you want from Grant to help our safeties with, why not just invite him to join the coaching staff as an assistant? Seems silly to cut a player in football shape for a veteran player that will mostly only give pointers.

Giantslb66
10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
We don't need any old and slow DB's running around. Let the young guys (with speed) play and learn!

bleeding blue
10-02-2012, 05:15 PM

Couldn't hurt at all.

It can hurt though, with Sash coming back it leaves someone off the roster. You don't want Grant taking the roster spot of 2 promising young players. Guarantee you the Giants haven't even looked into signing Grant...too little roster spots.

Drez
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
No thank you.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Did everyone forget how instrumental R.W. McQuarters and Sam Madison were during our 07' playoff/Super Bowl run?

They were absolutely vital.

Anyone not a fan of Sash? I'm not sold on him but I trust Reese and Coughlin.

Drez
10-02-2012, 05:34 PM
You also forget that Grant played pretty crappy last year and at this point we don't need a leader as much as we do a body that can play.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
What the heck....lets bring back Kareem McKenzie too ;)

fansince69
10-02-2012, 05:53 PM
What the heck....lets bring back Kareem McKenzie too ;)

LT is available...we need help at linebacker

TextureDj
10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
LT is available...we need help at linebackerWe could bring him in and I bet in no time Fewell can convert him to a 4-3 DE. Then we can plug him into the rotation to light a fire under Tuck and Osi.

I Bleed Blue
10-02-2012, 06:38 PM

No thanks. He served well during his time here. Also, this is not the Knicks. We are not aspiring to be the oldest team in the league.