PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Baas a OG/C in his 49ers days? Move Boothe to C and Baas to LG?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Seems like the most logical move to make since Baas isn't really doing a great job at center.

Anyone know if he played primarily Center or Guard?

I'm sure the coaches discussed this already but no reason why we can't.

Baas hasn't played terrible but it would be nice to get an upgrade there and Boothe is one of our best O-linemen. Can Baas handle the LG position?

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Seems like the most logical move to make since Baas isn't really doing a great job at center.

Baas hasn't played terrible but it would be nice to get an upgrade there and Boothe is one of our best O-linemen. Can Baas handle the LG position?

I said this same thing just after the Super Bowl. I wanted Boothe to practice snapping all offseason and become the center and move Baas to guard like you are saying. Giants staff disagrees I guess. Maybe they could try it this week since Baas has the swolen hand, hmmm...;)

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I said this same thing just after the Super Bowl. I wanted Boothe to practice snapping all offseason and become the center and move Baas to guard like you are saying. Giants staff disagrees I guess. Maybe they could try it this week since Baas has the swolen hand, hmmm...;)

I've said I would like to see Boothe at center. But the OLine is the one unit that really needs time to work "as a unit." In the Panthers' game, Boothe and Baas were creating some significant holes on the left side. I'm talking about holes you could actually see lol

I always defer to the coaching staff as they see things we don't. Baas' skipping balls back to Eli was really unusual so the swollen hand makes sense of that. The question now is are they willing to let him play the next game with the swelling?

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Baas LG. Nope. They should move Boothe to center and place Mitch Petrius at LG. Baas shouldn't be starting at all. He is undersized for a center. He is always getting man handled. I think he is the reason why our run game is so weak.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Baas LG. Nope. They should move Boothe to center and place Mitch Petrius at LG. Baas shouldn't be starting at all. He is undersized for a center. He is always getting man handled. I think he is the reason why our run game is so weak.

Petrus is lucky to have a job right now. He may do better if he gets a long term shot at it but I think that ship has sailed at least for this season.

FUUFNF
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
If he can't shotgun snap (for whatever reason), he can't play center.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Petrus? I don't know about that. He was really off is game in pre-season.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
I've said I would like to see Boothe at center. But the OLine is the one unit that really needs time to work "as a unit." In the Panthers' game, Boothe and Baas were creating some significant holes on the left side. I'm talking about holes you could actually see lol

I always defer to the coaching staff as they see things we don't. Baas' skipping balls back to Eli was really unusual so the swollen hand makes sense of that. The question now is are they willing to let him play the next game with the swelling?

I'm sure they will monitor that as the week progresses and they may try Diehl (if he is healthy enough to go) Guard, Boothe Center if Baas is hindered that badly during practice this week. Hope not as it is less than ideal but if Baas is hurt it may have to be that way for a week.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm sure they will monitor that as the week progresses and they may try Diehl Guard, Boothe Center if Baas is hindered that badly during practice this week. Hope not but if Baas is hurt it may have to be that way for a week.

It won't be Diehl as he's never played at center as far as I know. It will either be Boothe, my preference, or Cordle. I agree if he has any swelling he should be inactive.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
It won't be Diehl as he's never played at center as far as I know. It will either be Boothe, my preference, or Cordle. I agree if he has any swelling he should be inactive.

No you misunderstood me, I suggested Diehl for Guard, Boothe for Center.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
No you misunderstood me, I suggested Diehl for Guard, Boothe for Center.

Sorry, early onset Alzheimers

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Petrus has had very good games in past years.........and he's young.

Don't trash the guy based upon one pre season

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry, early onset Alzheimers

Heaven forbid! We need you here with all your mental faculties so you can continue to, as you always have done, make sure this board keeps it's sanity lol.

RoanokeFan
Petrus has had very good games in past years.........and he's young.

Don't trash the guy based upon one pre season
He was released because he was''t very good now. I'm not trashing him, I'm stating a fact. He was only brought back because the guy we acquired couldn't pass the physical.

RoanokeFan
Heaven forbid! We need you here with all your mental faculties so you can make sure this board keeps it's sanity lol.

LMAO, we are in deep kimchee then

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Boothe to C and Cordle to LG please. Diehl is statistically worse at LG than he has been at LT and Petrus doesn't have the agility to handle pass blocking. I wouldn't mind Petrus in jumbo packages or goal line stands though.

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Petrus is lucky to have a job right now. He may do better if he gets a long term shot at it but I think that ship has sailed at least for this season.

I do believe that he will get an opportunity. I just feel the FO are trying to get their money's worth from Baas. He is the weakest link on the line. He has absolutely no punch in our run game. If Hynoski wasn't as good (I am saying he is Chris Coolie, but he serviceable) as he is, our run game would be far worse.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Boothe to C and Cordle to LG please. Diehl is statistically worse at LG than he has been at LT and Petrus doesn't have the agility to handle pass blocking. I wouldn't mind Petrus in jumbo packages or goal line stands though.
:
Point of order! You can't say "jumbo packages" unless you check to see if Harooni is present :o

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 04:10 PM
LMAO, we are in deep kimchee then

Quick order these lol:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-19409307163128_2228_145838

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I do believe that he will get an opportunity. I just feel the FO are trying to get their money's worth from Baas. He is the weakest link on the line. He has absolutely no punch in our run game. If Hynoski wasn't as good (I am saying he is Chris Coolie, but he serviceable) as he is, our run game would be far worse.

Hynoski has really come along nicely and he can actually catch a ball

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Quick order these lol:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-19409307163128_2228_145838

THAT is hilarious, now if I can just get the cap off

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
:
Point of order! You can't say "jumbo packages" unless you check to see if Harooni is present :o

I'm summoning him to this thread by talking about packages. After Wilson's performance with the KRs, I wonder if Harooni would support an increase in his package.

repeatchamps
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
THAT is hilarious, now if I can just get the cap off

I'll open it for you and hand deliver them to you, lol.

nycisgreat
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Agreed, defenses are definitely paying attention to what he does.

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Petrus might be off the team when Sash comes back.

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Petrus might be off the team when Sash comes back.

Very likely, but especially so if Canty can come off PUP

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Speaking of interior linemen, what ever happened to Brandon Mosley to cause him to be moved to IR? I must of missed that in the preseason or something.

Tmurda1984
10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Didnt Boothe have the same problems snapping the ball last season?!?! This i what happens when you cut veterans like Seubert and go after trash like David Baas who cant block and has the nerve to have trouble snapping the ball. If you going to cut Seubert, what was the reason for keeping Diehl all these years. I dont understand it.

BigBlue1971
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM

i love this guy Hynoski! i predict after this season we will pay him allocades of all sorts for his play!

i just think hes gonna help us a lot this season!

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Didnt Boothe have the same problems snapping the ball last season?!?! This i what happens when you cut veterans like Seubert and go after trash like David Baas who cant block and has the nerve to have trouble snapping the ball. If you going to cut Seubert, what was the reason for keeping Diehl all these years. I dont understand it.

Seubert couldnt play due to injury and he wasn't our center, O'Hara was and he, too, was injured and released.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Have to say both Booth and Baas were getting bull rushed by the Eagles DTs. They need to really look at that matchup, Bradshaw was getting hit in the backfield. Can't gain anything if you can't even get to the line of scrimmage!

tonyt830
10-03-2012, 05:51 AM

Baas hasn't played terrible but it would be nice to get an upgrade there and Boothe is one of our best O-linemen. Can Baas handle the LG position?I think Baas played guard mostly for the 49ers until the center at the time(Heitmann) got hurt and put on IR. The 49ers moved Baas him from LG to C, which he played for 1 season before becoming a FA? He played some RG in 2006/2007 when the RG for the 49ers at the time(Justin Smiley) went down with an injury.

I believe he played guard mostly in college, but moved to center in his senior season at Michigan.