PDA

View Full Version : CLEVELAND BROWNS - we owe them an *** whooping for 2008

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 06:09 PM
They TROUNCED us in '08 we owe them a beat down.

We had better not be looking ahead to SF... maybe a small benefit of coming off that Philly loss is we need a win badly.

Haden is going to be out thank God.

We had better hit on all cylinders this game and I hate to say it but prepare ourselves for a trip to Candlestick.

fansince69
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
They TROUNCED us in '08 we owe them a beat down.

We had better not be looking ahead to SF... maybe a small benefit of coming off that Philly loss is we need a win badly.

Haden is going to be out thank God.

We had better hit on all cylinders this game and I hate to say it but prepare ourselves for a trip to Candlestick.

Half of that team is probably not on the roster so it may only be a select few that even remember....but us poor fans always remember...Ill never forget that for the only time in his career braylon edwards actually caught balls

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Half of that team is probably not on the roster so it may only be a select few that even remember....but us poor fans always remember...Ill never forget that for the only time in his career braylon edwards actually caught balls
Hmm let's see...

Eli
Snee
Osi
Tuck
Kiwi
C-Web
KP
Bradshaw
Hixon
Diehl
Blackburn
T2(He'll fill the new guys in)
Tynes
DeOssie

Did I forget anyone? They will fill the new guys in and let them know how bad that loss felt.... we will be PREPARED.

fansince69
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Hmm let's see...

Eli
Snee
Osi
Tuck
Kiwi
C-Web
KP
Bradshaw
Hixon
Diehl
Blackburn
T2(He'll fill the new guys in)
Tynes
DeOssie

Did I forget anyone? They will fill the new guys in and let them know how bad that loss felt.... we will be PREPARED.

First...I was embellishing and second that a lot less than half of 53....i guess my point got missed

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM
First...I was embellishing and second that a lot less than half of 53....i guess my point got missed
No, I was simply listing the players still on the team. Wasn't a shot at you at all. definitely took it the wrong way.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM

That's so true, I was thinking the same exact thing about Braylon.

fansince69
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
No, I was simply listing the players still on the team. Wasn't a shot at you at all. definitely took it the wrong way.

It's all good...we're all (except for a few exceptions on this board)on the same side

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM
It's all good...we're all (except for a few exceptions on this board)on the same side

Haha indeed

But my point being I'm 100% POSITIVE the players I listed will remind them of that dreadful MNF embarrassment to the brown on prime time TV.

fansince69
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Haha indeed

But my point being I'm 100% POSITIVE the players I listed will remind them of that dreadful MNF embarrassment to the brown on prime time TV.

I hope so...but honestly I think sometimes the fans take things worse than some players

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I hope so...but honestly I think sometimes the fans take things worse than some players

Same could be said vice-versa. All depends.

The players did not forget what happened in 2008 I can assure you that. I guarantee you the medias will address it as well.. even to players that weren't on the team at the time.

Cloud57
10-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Winning this game would feel great but not as great as winning against the eagles. That being said I'm not worried about this game, if we show up, this will be an easy win.

Pksoze
10-02-2012, 06:52 PM
We shouldn't lose to a bad Browns team at home. They are competitive but the Giants need to win to ease some of the sting of losing to the Beagles.

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Funny how it was San Fran the game after last time too.

Yeah that sucked - both team and fan base looking at it as an easy win to stay undefeated and then Braylon Edwards catches more balls than his entire stay w the Jets (yes I'm exaggerating).

Hitting on all cylinders for the entire game would be nice to say the least.

Martyr
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Brings back memories of Aaron Ross getting burned all game by Braylon Edwards.

EliDaMANning
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm still confused 4 years later at how we lost they game. It's mind boggling.

Flip Empty
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
That's so true, I was thinking the same exact thing about Braylon.
Derek freaking Anderson made the Pro Bowl that season on the back of Braylon's 16 touchdowns. Crazy.

CowboysSuck
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I know how we lost. We are the Giants and the Giants wouldnt be who they are without laying 2-3 eggs a year. simple

btw, weve had 1 egg vs Cowboys. (maybe 1/2 an egg to eagles)

We are sadly due 1 or 2 more eggs before the chickens done.

BigBlue wins
10-03-2012, 12:51 AM
That game was awful in 2008...I was so ****ing pissed off afterwards. How the hell do you steam roll the Cardinals, Steelers, and Ravens (200+ rushing at their house), but lose to a terrible Browns team?

The Browns are a better team now than they were then. Their secondary has the potential to be very stingy and as we all saw, Eli threw a pick in the endzone last Sunday.

Trent Richardson is a very strong runner and will be dangerous if the Giants don't contain him. Also, Greg Little is inconsistent. If he happens to have a good game, he can make the big plays that occasionally gouge us. Weeden impressed me last Thursday when he threw into tight coverage as well as he did for being a rookie (and from baseball too).

Just because they are the Browns doesn't mean we should win as long as we show up. I still worry about this game and I hope the giants get their **** together after losing to philly

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
The Giant's will be up for this game, Philly will lose to the Steelers and all will be right in the NFC east!!!!

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 07:55 AM
As I said in another thread, the idea that this team will use an insignificant regular season loss in 2008 as motivation for Sunday's game is just silly.

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Lets just worry about winning the game.. All i know is CLE was a 17yrd pass away from tying BALT in BALT at end of REGULATION and lost to philly by less then we did.. Thats a team u simply don't want to take lightly...

gumby74
10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I still remember that game because that was the only year the media was hyping us up. And then we lay an egg on Monday night.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
As I said in another thread, the idea that this team will use an insignificant regular season loss in 2008 as motivation for Sunday's game is just silly.
It's not silly at all. The players were pissed about that game. They will not let that happen again. Coughlin will not let that happen again.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
It's not silly at all. The players were pissed about that game. They will not let that happen again. Coughlin will not let that happen again.

Their motivation is that they just lost a division game and their next game is against San Fran, which makes this game a must win. If TC has to point back to a meaningless 2008 regualr season loss for motivation, then we are in serious trouble.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you think TC should say to the team about the 2008 game?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Their motivation is that they just lost a division game and their next game is against San Fran, which makes this game a must win. If TC has to point back to a meaningless 2008 regualr season loss for motivation, then we are in serious trouble.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you think TC should say to the team about the 2008 game?
Prepare like you're facing the 85 Bears because they beat us once and they can beat us again, right? Preparation is key here men. Put the work in, in practice that way it's fun on game day. This is a good football team we are facing. We cannot afford any slip ups. Work your *** off now and have fun during the game.

burier
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
do the browns have any of the same players from 2008?

Tuckit91
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
My father in law is a Browns fan and he let me hear it after that game..So I would like to be able to repay him..lol