PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

miked1958
10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Ok.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so madDo you have a link so I can see?

fansince69
10-02-2012, 07:59 PM
looks like Bradshaw was open in the flat for a nice 10 yd gain and could have gotten out of bounds...

miked1958
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Do you have a link so I can see?trying to get a link. trying to find just that play. the other links are all 6 to 13 min of highlights.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
looks like Bradshaw was open in the flat for a nice 10 yd gain and could have gotten out of bounds...Yes abut the black unicorn was open for the TD...

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
trying to get a link. trying to find just that play. the other links are all 6 to 13 min of highlights.just post the 13 min one I will find it if you could please

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 08:23 PM

Why is it UNREAL? Do you really expect a two time super bowl MVP to make perfect split second decisions all the time?

miked1958
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
this is link to article about the Osi McCoy feud being over. it has a video of the game. Go to the 5:13 mark and freeze and let me know what you think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068912/article/osi-umenyiora-lesean-mccoy-say-feud-is-history

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
this is link to article about the Osi McCoy feud being over. it has a video of the game. Go to the 5:13 mark and freeze and let me know what you think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068912/article/osi-umenyiora-lesean-mccoy-say-feud-is-historyYeah you are right he definetly had em... that sucks lol he was as wide open as you can get in the nfl....

Zaggs
Who effin cares? Damn, the game was not lost on this one play and lets be honest, of the 7 possible outcomes of the play, we would have been ecstatic with 3 of them (caught tackle out of bounds, caught touchdown, defensive pass interference), ok with 2 of them (caught tackled in bounds clock it, incomplete). Its because the last possible outcome is what happened that everyone is decrying the play. But its a hindsight argument. In case you haven't noticed throwing the ball for his receiver to make a play is what Eli does alot. Mainly because he has to.

Eliscruzzz
Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.lol lame so now Eli has favorites....smh

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Who effin cares? Damn, the game was not lost on this one play and lets be honest, of the 7 possible outcomes of the play, we would have been ecstatic with 3 of them (caught tackle out of bounds, caught touchdown, defensive pass interference), ok with 2 of them (caught tackled in bounds clock it, incomplete). Its because the last possible outcome is what happened that everyone is decrying the play. But its a hindsight argument. In case you haven't noticed throwing the ball for his receiver to make a play is what Eli does alot. Mainly because he has to.Jesus man he is just pointing something out.... what's the point of a MB if you can't talk x's and o's....which it clearly states to do

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 08:37 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068912/article/osi-umenyiora-lesean-mccoy-say-feud-is-history

Damn, you're right. That would of been a beautiful play and great way to end the game. Oh well.

TheShouldersOf
10-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.

Quoted For Truth,

TheShouldersOf
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Likewise,

Barden got hardly any separation, played the defender wrong and got beat, even after all that, make a play on the ball, not the defender,

Barden is not a reliable Third or Fourth Receiver,

if needed put him in Goal line situations, either on the Fade route, or as misdirection

ELI_Iz_God
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Why is it UNREAL? Do you really expect a two time super bowl MVP to make perfect split second decisions all the time?

How much time does it take to scan the field for a bright white jersey with no green jerseys around them?

miked1958
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Jesus man he is just pointing something out.... what's the point of a MB if you can't talk x's and o's....which it clearly stats to doyea just happened to notice it when they were breaking down the play on NFL32. I was like SON OF A.......... when i saw it. so upset. i wish he could of scanned the field but its over with now.

YATittle1962
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
just watched it ......wide open

completely alone

can't wait for the all 22 to come out tomorrow so I can take a closer look

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
How much time does it take to scan the field for a bright white jersey with no green jerseys around them?

You have no clue what Eli's pre-snap reads were, and are ignoring the fact that we had no timeouts left.

My only beef on the play was trusting Barden in a crucial point in the game. He's no Manningham ;)

Tmurda1984
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Any1 who blames Eli is crazy. Eli was taking all hits all game long, and he had the Giants in great position to kick a field goal Barden ******ly caused a offensive PI. And who knows, Bennett probably would of bobbled it trying to catch it with one hand. Hakeem Nicks needs to get on the field....and ou Defensive Line needs to do some talking with their shoulder pads....Osi and Tuck is not doing anything.

TheAnalyst
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
And if we run up the gut and get a few yards, we go for a 40 yard fg instead of a 54.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Any1 who blames Eli is crazy. Eli was taking all hits all game long, and he had the Giants in great position to kick a field goal Barden ******ly caused a offensive PI. And who knows, Bennett probably would of bobbled it trying to catch it with one hand. Hakeem Nicks needs to get on the field....and ou Defensive Line needs to do some talking with their shoulder pads....Osi and Tuck is not doing anything.im not blaming Eli. Just that the knock on him is stuff like that. Why he doesn't get the respect some of the others get. He has First and goal and throws that terrible pick. And missed a wide open TE for a potential game winning td pass. Even if Bennett doesnt get in there was still plenty of time to clock it and kick the winning FG.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
And if we run up the gut and get a few yards, we go for a 40 yard fg instead of a 54.

Yea, Bradshaw gets one yard, or there could be a holding penalty, or blah, blah, blah. Coughlin said it best "with our QB we play aggressive in that situation and in the past we've been very successful playing aggressive in that situation".

miked1958
Also does anyone remember which game it was that he hit Beatty in hands but missed a wide open Bradshaw? Also on that same series Bennett dropped on other TD pass on the other side of endzone

Flip Empty
The clock was running out so he went outside. Standard practice. It's how the play would've been designed.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Yea, Bradshaw gets one yard, or there could be a holding penalty, or blah, blah, blah. Coughlin said it best "with our QB we play aggressive in that situation and in the past we've been very successful playing aggressive in that situation".Agreed. Reason why I even brought these two plays up is Eli has shown in past he is perfectly capable of scanning the field and then make the right throw.

Example: playoff game where he looked left, looked right, then through a perfect 50 pass for TD to MM. I think it was the playoff game vs Falcons..

jaxnygmen
10-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I think it was a major gamble. I think that the ball was thrown poorly and would have been picked had Barden not grabbed on the play. Saw that Bennett was wide open. I do not think they used Bennett enough this game. We put ourselves in a deep hole in the division so we have to right the wrongs and start executing on all levels.

miked1958
10-02-2012, 09:38 PM
The clock was running out so he went outside. Standard practice. It's how the play would've been designed.But he had time. With barden getting no separation and Namandi all over him, he should of looked elsewhere, may have seen Bennett. Otherwise it would of been best to just throw it away. Then U still have the 44 yarder with one more play before you have to kick

brad
10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Wow, some people really take it personally if you point out an Eli mistake. It happens, even to 2 time SB MVP's.

There was a lot of mistakes in that game, and even Eli made a few, but the fact is that it should not have come down to that play.

dannydufflebags
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.

NYGabriel
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Bennett was all alone but it's gone now. Time to move on.

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.

Dorothy
10-02-2012, 10:01 PM
That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.

I think Eli is at the bottom of the QB list if we are counting brain cramps. Would be a great NFL stat though with Romo, Cutler, and Sanchez at the top of the list.

byron
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad I seen the replay a few times but didn't notice that it did seem that the ball was over thrown...I'm not sure it would have been intercepted...yeah it sucks... just wasn't meant to be

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.

This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden.

byron
10-02-2012, 10:18 PM
This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden. yeah I believe that's the story, TC alluded to the same in an article RF posted earlier today...

Rusty192
10-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Just that the knock on him is stuff like that. Why he doesn't get the respect some of the others get..Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.

And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......

miked1958
10-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......I'm not flipping out about it. Was just making a point. I don't think that. But that's the perception.. As far as the thread goes was just reporting what I noticed. Take it for what it's worth

Ruttiger711
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.

If there's any favoritism involved its the spots where Eli throws the ball.

B&RWarrior
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Eli likes big targets. he as always preferred throwing to oversized targets, reason being even when they're not open they most often come up with the catch. When Eli develops good rapport with a receiver he usually forces it to them on 2-3 throws a game. He did it with Plax and SS and he does it with Nicks and I'm sure he'll try it with Barden. What would you do if you had a 6'6 WR...the same **** thing.

CowboysSuck
10-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.If Bennett keeps running straight he is wide open there is no way a LB can keep up with him and that is about as wide open as you can get in the nfl.....

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Eli likes big targets. he as always preferred throwing to oversized targets, reason being even when they're not open they most often come up with the catch. When Eli develops good rapport with a receiver he usually forces it to them on 2-3 throws a game. He did it with Plax and SS and he does it with Nicks and I'm sure he'll try it with Barden. What would you do if you had a 6'6 WR...the same **** thing.
I would throw it to wide open Bennett who is also a big guy, and has 3 TDs in his bag already with Eli this season, there's literally no upside in going with Barden as much as you want to believe all of what you said.

Dayne_train27
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.

I don't post much (ie the name), but I do like to come on here an see other peoples insights from the doom & gloom to the few optimistic posts. Like the fellow above me said there was a LB man to man on Bennett who broke after Eli turned towards Barden & initiated the throw. The throw was the least riskiest (man-to-man coverage with a 6'6 WR thrown towards the sideline/endzone) with the most reward. I do think that Bradshaw was the better option with least risk (but low reward). Nobody wants to leave a game to a FG even one that is 40 + yards (which it was at that time). Eli went for the win & missed... nobody on these boards, or on the field even thought of an offensive off PI. If there is any throw to ? it would be the int in the endzone, which calculated to the difference in the game. However, once again Eli put this team in a position to win.

Hessian
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Probably time to move on. The Giants had a chance to win even with that horrible play. They didn't... next.

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Probably time to move on. The Giants had a chance to win even with that horrible play. They didn't... next.+1

jax5338
10-02-2012, 11:22 PM
bennett looked to have 1 on 1 like barden until eli turned to throw the ball. still would have probably been a better choice though to go to big marty up top 1 on 1 rather than barden.

on a side note, i dont think nnamdi gets a pick here if barden doesnt interfere. he picked up the ball way too late and landed too far beyond his reach. he also hugged barden behind his back as if he lost track of him.

obviously all this hindsight means nothing but there were some better options for eli on that play. we all know he will bounce back though. they ended up losing because a tough kick fell a yard short.

mike kennedy
10-02-2012, 11:24 PM
The game is over so move on. Analyzing games with what if's will take years away from your life so appreciate what Eli does best instead of criticizing him for a mistake now and then. The guy is all game! Lets move on, hope for the best and heal quickly and see if things fall into place.
Go Giants!

miked1958
10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Yea. Guess we are beating a dead horse here. On to Cleveland

ELI_Iz_God
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
You have no clue what Eli's pre-snap reads were, and are ignoring the fact that we had no timeouts left.

My only beef on the play was trusting Barden in a crucial point in the game. He's no Manningham ;)

at 6'6 you put up a jump ball..I guarantee he's the only one coming down with it

BeatYale
10-03-2012, 01:05 AM
There's always someone open, what matters though, is if they are open when the QB looks his way. A QB may or may not go through all his reads. Sometimes they decide where to go with the ball pre-snap or right after the snap because they see a match up / scenario they like. On that play Eli looked that way at the start, but it was probably just to mess with the safety. Then he looked to his right and tossed it to Nnamdi...I mean Barden.

Let it go bro. Lets focus on the Browns.

joemorrisforprez
10-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Bradshaw in the flat would have been the better call....I see what you're saying about Bennett, but by the time he's in the fram, the ball is released and defender are turning toward Barden.

miked1958
10-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Bradshaw in the flat would have been the better call....I see what you're saying about Bennett, but by the time he's in the fram, the ball is released and defender are turning toward Barden.Actually there is one out there that shows him from the LOS. He was never covered

miked1958
10-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Maybe the 22 will show it tomorrow

M00KIE
10-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Something not being said here... If you watch the vid, you can clearly see the play was going to Barden from the start. There was no progressions on that play. Eli never even looked anywhere else so to complain Bennet was open doesn't matter. Not to mention they are racing the clock. Eli can't be sitting there picking and choosing at that point.

As Eli said, it was a bad throw and Barden actually made a smart play by not allowing a turnover. The Eagles, for whatever reason have our number. Why is that so hard to come to terms with? They can beat us every game for all I care, it hasn't won them a superbowl yet. We'll bounce back.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 05:59 AM
I think that milk has already been spilt, we know that it wasn't the correct place to throw so....move on! I also don't think he had a ton of time to make a decision back there he was worried about the pressure and got rid of the ball really to quickly in my opinion!

BigBlueOnes
10-03-2012, 07:39 AM

The only smart one so far. As soon as Eli releases the LB pulls off, Bennet was hardly wide open when he made his read. Watch again.

jakegibbs
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM

I say we bench him & bring in Sanchize.

Mistanihan
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM

I don't know if this was said in the last few pages, but Eli liked the match up he had with Barden on that play. Think he only had eyes for the route and no others. I saw Bennett running wide open and was screaming at the TV for him to throw it. I thought he definitely would have and was pretty pumped for a split second thinking "oh **** they just handed us the game".

Oh well, everyone screws up here and there.

gumby74
10-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I find it funny that the OP, an ardent Eli supporter, is being called out by his Eli loving peers for bringing up a mistake.

BlueJayC
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.

This is exactly correct. No way was Bennett as wide open as people are making it sound. There was a LB'er right with him until Eli releases the throw to Barden. I still say they should have just run the ball up the gut to center the FG try and hope Tynes, who had yet to miss a kick this year, makes a FG from that distance.

Time to forget about it and move on. Close this thread out Bennett was never the option and was not even close to being wide open.

burier
10-03-2012, 10:37 AM
to me it looks like Bennett didn't come open until Eli committed to throwing at Barden.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 10:47 AM
The only smart one so far. As soon as Eli releases the LB pulls off, Bennet was hardly wide open when he made his read. Watch again.

Thank you for actually knowing how to watch a football play and not just make assumptions.

Something not being said here... If you watch the vid, you can clearly see the play was going to Barden from the start. There was no progressions on that play. Eli never even looked anywhere else so to complain Bennet was open doesn't matter. Not to mention they are racing the clock. Eli can't be sitting there picking and choosing at that point.

As Eli said, it was a bad throw and Barden actually made a smart play by not allowing a turnover. The Eagles, for whatever reason have our number. Why is that so hard to come to terms with? They can beat us every game for all I care, it hasn't won them a superbowl yet. We'll bounce back.

Yes you are right, according to pre snap reads, Eli said he thought Barden had the best chance. So he threw it.

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I find it funny that the OP, an ardent Eli supporter, is being called out by his Eli loving peers for bringing up a mistake.

..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.

TroyArcher
10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Eli has done enough already in his career to get a pass on this. He is not the first QB to not make the perfect decision on every play.

YATittle1962
10-03-2012, 01:48 PM
just watched this play on the all 22 film

I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

just an unfortunate turn of events.

on to Cleveland

GIANTSACK
10-03-2012, 01:54 PM
The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.
he was still 1 on 1 with a huge height advantage. I dont a gree with the play call but nit a terrible decsion. Not the best throw and Barden mugged Namdi. Eli was prob thinking the worst that can happen is that it goes incomplete...idealy. Then they kick from the 27 anyway.

gumby74
10-03-2012, 02:21 PM
..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.

There are plenty that got really defensive over him pointing it out at all. Its one thing to disagree. It's another to get butt hurt about it.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 02:32 PM
just watched this play on the all 22 film

I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

just an unfortunate turn of events.

on to Cleveland

I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.

Dwinsballgames
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
looks to me like the safety let him go once the ball was in the air.

YATittle1962
10-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.

yeah

as soon as Bennett cleared the LB the safety was still back pedaling and it would have been a sure TD if Eli just took his eyes off Barden for a second ..............and if Bennett caught the ball that is

no use crying over spilt milk though.....it happens

on to Cleveland

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.GTFO with that BS. Eli wants to WIN games. The Giants dont play favorites, Especially ELI. That is all.POST!

CruzSoldier
10-03-2012, 06:45 PM
easy play would have been 5 yard checkdown to Bradshaw but I don't know if Eli trusted his hands..........The closest LB'er was about eight yards away so it would have give him a clear path to the sidelines if you look at the play it was probably the safest bet.

miked1958
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
as most of you said bennett was prob not as wide open as i first thought. however like was also posted all he had to do was kinda commit to barden and pump fake then to back to bennett and it could of been a TD. but i will agree the safest play in that situation was a checkdown. Remember we still had time for another incompetion after the PI on Barden. and then still had 15 seconds left. I think we could of hit AB1 and still had time to run another quick out to sidelines with about 22 seconds left. would of made for a heck of alot easier FG thats for sure.

miked1958
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Bottom line is we lost games in both SB years we should have won during the Regular Season. This year will be no different. The key is to learn from your mistakes and improve as the year progresses. Then when we get down to the HOME stretch we again will be in Playoff mode and hopefully make a run at another title. Nice part about losing one like that is we have a WHOLE bunch more games ahead of us that will hopefully make us forget this one

BallinNY
10-03-2012, 09:30 PM
ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.

miked1958
10-03-2012, 09:34 PM
ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.I just did. in the previous post. I agree that he wasnt as wide open as i originally thought. I still think he could of made that play work by freezing the LBer. though

Harooni
10-04-2012, 02:09 AM
yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.

miked1958
10-04-2012, 06:18 AM
yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.Correct

chuckedafter5yards
10-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes, he was wide open- this happens but I was more concerned about the draw play. Running a draw is not a bad call UNLESS you have no timeouts. That running play from the 27 yard line cost Giants 2 more passing plays.

NYFG
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.

miked1958
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.That play started with 47 seconds left. I think they would have been more then enough time to get down and spike it. even if the play took 20 seconds they could lf got down there to the line of scrimmage within 27 seconds to clock it...

but like was said in this thread earlier. Bradshaw was the safe play. would have gained 8/9 yards and prob got out of bounds which would have given them time for one endzone shot priob to kicking a FG

bigblue58
10-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad

Unfortunately, Eli doesn't get to see the field from the comfort of your couch like you do!
You ever see the game from his vantage point? I watched a football game live from the endzone and couldn't tell what the hell was going on .......and that was a College game that is played at half the speed of the NFL! Be carefull, because you're starting to sound like one of those Monday morning know it all talking heads.

GeoGoGo
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM

This is a joke right? Wow, there are some morons pretending to be Giant fans.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM

You're wrong about Bennet being open on that play. Only reasont the safety moved over was becasue the ball was already in the air and he was running to the ball. That safety was definintly initially in middle zone coverage. Eli would have had to throw a perfect ball to even get it in over the LB and under the safety and even if he does MB prolly gets blown up before crossing the goal line.

YATittle1962
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
You're wrong about Bennet being open on that play. Only reasont the safety moved over was becasue the ball was already in the air and he was running to the ball. That safety was definintly initially in middle zone coverage. Eli would have had to throw a perfect ball to even get it in over the LB and under the safety and even if he does MB prolly gets blown up before crossing the goal line.

the safety is in mid back pedal when the ball is snapped heading to his left

if Eli pumps right then hits Bennett thats a TD

really no use discussing it now though

and Eli did not look to the seam because a throw to the middle of the field in that situation is suicide

but he was indeed open

Drez
10-04-2012, 05:48 PM
That play started with 47 seconds left. I think they would have been more then enough time to get down and spike it. even if the play took 20 seconds they could lf got down there to the line of scrimmage within 27 seconds to clock it...

but like was said in this thread earlier. Bradshaw was the safe play. would have gained 8/9 yards and prob got out of bounds which would have given them time for one endzone shot priob to kicking a FG
So, it took 32 seconds for Eli to throw the ball to Barden?

That play that Bardn was flagged on started at :21 left.

YATittle1962
10-04-2012, 06:55 PM
So, it took 32 seconds for Eli to throw the ball to Barden?

That play that Bardn was flagged on started at :21 left.

the ball is snapped at :26
ended at :21