PDA

View Full Version : You know how the CLE game will unfold

daynemustgo
10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
At home against a winless team.

Giants should be fired up after a tough loss and a brutal game against SF on deck.

However...

Early turnovers, dropped passes and an inconsisten defense will lkeep CLE in it too long.

You know that if you turn the game on at the start of the 4th quater, NY will probably be down by at least a TD and Eli will have to pull it out of the hat again.

Giants will be driving for the winning score with under 2 minutes left in the game. Will it go down like the Seahawks game last year, Eagles game on Monday night or does it go the other way like the Miami or Buffalo games last year?

At least it's never dull.

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Weeden will outplay Eli.

Oh and Trent Richardson will have a career day too.

Moke
10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Are you serious?

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Weeden will outplay Eli.

Oh and Trent Richardson will have a career day too.biggest TROLL ever hey if you don't believe in the Giants go route for the Patriots or Packers I heard their qb's can put up 40 TDs

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Are you serious?It's funny how everyone has lost faith in this team and disturbing at the same time

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 07:40 PM
biggest TROLL ever hey if you don't believe in the Giants go route for the Patriots or Packers I heard their qb's can put up 40 TDs
Um, I predicted Cleveland 24 Giants 27 in another thread.

Do you think Cleveland is a push-over? Boy, you are in for a surprise.

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Can mods start banning people please..

ELI_Iz_God
10-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I think that this game will be close...not because of the gap in talent (obviously we have way more than they do) but because they are hungry to get their first win...and our team is too busy thinking about the loss to the Iggles to properly prepare for the browns.

On a side note I do look forward to Pitt beating the ever living snot out of Vick and Company....

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Do you think Cleveland is a push-over? Boy, you are in for a surprise.No I just find this laughable in your eyes this is the way the Giants should look Eli is to confident so he should take on less responsibility and be a " game manager" cause he is not a gun-slinger and that our defense is going to completly fold because of Trent and Brandon Weeden will out play Eli cause in you eyes Eli sucks and so does this team... you have already hit the panic button and I say if the Giants play up to their ability which they will this should be an easy win I think you are giving Cleveland to much credit.

gmenfan0488
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
We'll beat them, but we'll probably let them hang around a little and let things get a bit too interesting. Typical Giant football

SuperNYGiants
10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
No I just find this laughable in your eyes this is the way the Giants should look Eli is to confident so he should take on less responsibility and be a " game manager" cause he is not a gun-slinger and that our defense is going to completly fold because of Trent and Brandon Weeden will out play Eli cause in you eyes Eli sucks and so does this team... you have already hit the panic button and I say if the Giants play up to their ability which they will this should be an easy win I think you are giving Cleveland to much credit.
Hey there clam down, I picked the Giants to win didn't I? I never said Eli sucks, but no name QBs tend to play their best against Eli, it's not really a jab against Eli, it's just true. Do you think Cleveland won't be jacked up and desperate to win this game? I expect them to come out firing full steam.
How the Giants would respond after a devastating loss is anybody's guess, either way, Giants are known to play down to the level of competition, especially at home.
Having said that, you are right, Giants are the better team and should win, but win big? No, I don't see it, especially with Nicks out, and KP is out on defense. You're going to see Eli trying to be a gun-slinger again unless Gilbride sticks to the running game which is highly unlikely. You should be happy that Eli gets to chuck-it-and-pray again.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey there clam down, I picked the Giants to win didn't I? I never said Eli sucks, but no name QBs tend to play their best against Eli, it's not really a jab against Eli, it's just true. Do you think Cleveland won't be jacked up and desperate to win this game? I expect them to come out firing full steam.
How the Giants would respond after a devastating loss is anybody's guess, either way, Giants are known to play down to the level of competition, especially at home.
Having said that, you are right, Giants are the better team and should win, but win big? No, I don't see it, especially with Nicks out, and KP is out on defense. You're going to see Eli trying to be a gun-slinger again unless Gilbride sticks to the running game which is highly unlikely. You should be happy that Eli gets to chuck-it-and-pray again.Like I said man me and you have nothing to talk about so I'll just go ahead and let you have the last word you think the Giants are going to struggle against the Browns....fine.... you think Eli is just chucking up balls and getting over confident ...fine.... you think Trent Richardson is going to run all over us and Weeden will out play Eli... fine.... but I just do not agree.

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Nobody thought Seattle coming in last year had a chance to win. The Giants lost 36-25. And Cleveland played well in Baltimore last week.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Nobody thought Seattle coming in last year had a chance to win. The Giants lost 36-25. And Cleveland played well in Baltimore last week.They know Baltimore like the back of their hand.

gmen0820
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping for this: Trent Richardson with 130 yards, and two TDs....

Giants win 31-14. Cruz with 4 TDs. That'd make me very happy in fantasy land.

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Giants win 31-14. Cruz with 4 TDs. That'd make me very happy in fantasy land. You HOPE for that, or you expect that?

gmen0820
10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
You HOPE for that, or you expect that?Read the second word in my OP

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Read the second word in my OPNot sure why you would hope for that..

gmen0820
10-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Not sure why you would hope for that..Now read the second part, allusion to fantasy football.

Rudyy
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Now read the second part, allusion to fantasy football. Ah, knew it.

brad
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Amazing, people are ridiculous with the extremism. The Giants, overall, played a decent game with a few costly mistakes, against a good team that knows the Giants as well as any team in the league. All the sudden it's like rats running from a sinking ship. Don't get me wrong, that was a tough loss to take, but it is not the end of the season, not by a long shot. The Giants aren't a bad team, even with the injuries this is a competitive team against anyone in the league.

I think the Giants come out slow offensively against the Browns, but pick it up in the second quarter. They end up winning 27-17... with Wilson returning one for a TD :)

CowboysSuck
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
This is the NFL. and more important this is this Giants. Anyone remember 2008's let-down to the Browns on MNF/SNF??

Yeah, and they were worse then. oh and we were better... You never know!!

Go Giants, make them Browns look like the laughing stock they are!!!

joemorrisforprez
10-03-2012, 12:40 AM
1pm at Home.....if the Giants don't curbstomp them, this team is in trouble.

joemorrisforprez
10-03-2012, 12:41 AM
This is the NFL. and more important this is this Giants. Anyone remember 2008's let-down to the Browns on MNF/SNF??

Yeah, and they were worse then. oh and we were better... You never know!!

Go Giants, make them Browns look like the laughing stock they are!!!

Oh, I totally remember that game.....another reminder of the old phrase, "on any given Sunday".

FlyingTruck
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
LOL some of you act like it can't happen. I can definitely see Trent R. going off on us.

giantsfan420
10-03-2012, 01:55 AM
we score on our first possession and it sets the stage, similar to our carolina victory.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 05:06 AM
This guy has a serious case of the glass is half full, we will play just fine....

giantsfam04
10-03-2012, 05:18 AM
This was the same crap that was said going into the Carolina game. Short week on the road no way we win, Cam is a beast we cant stop them on offense blah blah blah. I have a crazy idea why not let them play first then we can talk about the out come. And before any questions how long I have been watching Giant games, or how long I have been a fan, I have been watching this team for 30 yrs and I know just as well as anyone that they can crap themselves against a team they should beat.

tonyt830
10-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Can mods start banning people please..banning people for stating their own opinions? I may not agree with the posters opinion, but they are entitled to their opinion.

I try to be an optimistic fan, but as a realistic, objective and rational fan, I will not take any team lightly. Cleveland will give the Giants all they have. Do I expect the Giants to win, well of course. But anything can happen--there is a lot of parity in the NFL. Noone thought the Cards would beat the Patriots in Foxboro.

Kruunch
10-03-2012, 07:54 AM

Giants should be fired up after a tough loss and a brutal game against SF on deck.

However...

Early turnovers, dropped passes and an inconsisten defense will lkeep CLE in it too long.

You know that if you turn the game on at the start of the 4th quater, NY will probably be down by at least a TD and Eli will have to pull it out of the hat again.

Giants will be driving for the winning score with under 2 minutes left in the game. Will it go down like the Seahawks game last year, Eagles game on Monday night or does it go the other way like the Miami or Buffalo games last year?

Why would you take Cleveland that lightly or be surprised that they're in the game at the end? They've been in every game this season and against good teams.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:09 AM
It's funny how everyone has lost faith in this team and disturbing at the same time not everyone just a chosen few

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-03-2012, 08:14 AM

However...

Agree with OP. This is a reasonable expectation. My uncle taught me back in the 80's to NEVER bet on the Giants. This is why. It is a cultural thing, must come from the FO to define this club for decades. Rarely do we come out and trounce someone, though we are usually stacked to do just that. When we clobber someone, it is the exception, not the rule.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Can mods start banning people please.. For?

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Agree with OP. This is a reasonable expectation. My uncle taught me back in the 80's to NEVER bet on the Giants. This is why. It is a cultural thing, must come from the FO to define this club for decades. Rarely do we come out and trounce someone, though we are usually stacked to do just that. When we clobber someone, it is the exception, not the rule.

These are not the Giants of the 80's. I was there and I know

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-03-2012, 08:26 AM
These are not the Giants of the 80's. I was there and I know

Would love to put that team back on the field with Hicks and Cruz at receiver.

fansince69
10-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Would love to put that team back on the field with Hicks and Cruz at receiver.

Another Hicks reference?...Don't forget about Nixon

fansince69
10-03-2012, 08:34 AM
not everyone just a chosen few

Yes,but the chosen few seem to want to complain the loudest

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Yes,but the chosen few seem to want to complain the loudest That is usually the case

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Another Hicks reference?...Don't forget about Nixon lol

jakegibbs
10-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Do you think Cleveland is a push-over? Boy, you are in for a surprise.

Cleveland like the Saints are a desperate team setting @ 0-4 there's still a slim hope but if they go 0-5 the season is over. Don't be suprised if we see everything from the statue of liberty to on side kicks to fake punts to you name it. The Giants best be ready for anything or they're gonna look like they were outcoached.

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Another Hicks reference?...Don't forget about Nixon

LOL!
Hicks = Some combo of Nicks or Hixon depending on the health of Nicks I suppose.

fansince69
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL!
Hicks = Some combo of Nicks or Hixon depending on the health of Nicks I suppose.

Don't sweat it....you are not the first to do it on here and I promise you will not be the last...It is kind of a standing joke on the boards

daynemustgo
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Very predictable start....early turnover and bad defense....14-0 CLE

Eli will decide the game in the 4th as always

gmen0820
10-07-2012, 03:05 PM

Giants win 31-14. Cruz with 4 TDs. That'd make me very happy in fantasy land.I'm very close lol