PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning being asked to do too much right now

RoanokeFan
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-02/eli-manning-new-york-giants-stats-week-5-fantasy-football-qb

Excerpt: "Entrusting the ball in Eli Manning (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-01/eli-manning-says-new-york-giants-are-not-a-dynasty)ís hands is usually a formula for success for the Giants, but thereís a concern that an imbalance is seeping into the offensive flow.

The Giants ran the ball only 19 times and passed it 42 times in their 19-17 loss to the Eagles, and it wasnít as if the Giants were in catch-up mode all night." Read more...

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
With Nicks it's fine without Nicks not so much

We will be more than OK trusting the ball in Eli's hands though. Not a QB I would take in his place.

Eliscruzzz
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
well until Bradshaw gets it together this looks like the way we are going to have to play.

FBomb
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
So give Brown the ball.

Tmurda1984
10-02-2012, 09:21 PM
When your starting receiver is hurt, and your featured back is trying to work his way back into the lineup...alot will be on Eli's shoulders. Eli is the only star on this team that plays through his aches and pains. Until we can find some other stars, that can stay in the lineup...then we will be relying on Eli alot. Bradshaw, Nicks, Beatty, Baas, Hixon, Andre Brown, etc. are ALL GUYS WHO CANT STAY ON THE FIELD....REESE needs to fix this, and he knows that Eli is carrying this team.

BigBlue1971
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
i dont know if hes doing too much! they are a pass 1st offense right now! he consistently passes in excess of 300 yards a game!

i wish we could establish a good rushing attack. with that we might be unstoppable!

Tmurda1984
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Whats funny is that Reese became our GM saying that the Giants needed to get young guys who can stay on the field and cut Lavar Arrington and Petitgout because they had problems staying healthy. But Reese seems hesitant on cutting the guys he drafted or signed here. Everyone he brings here is a walking injury waiting to happen.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Need a run game but I'd rather let Eli throw it than Bradshaw run it.

Brown needs to start....

EliDaMANning
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Brown wasn't doing much against the Eagles either. The eagles have played terrific defense so far this year. I give Bradshaw one more game though. If he's still running into his lineman vs the browns he has to sit.

TheShouldersOf
10-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Brown is not the answer, he showed nothing last game, as i've said prior, the Panthers were defending the Pass/Deep Pass, he had open space,

he is a Third down back canidate,

they also need to get the recievers to Rotate into different combinations and setup's, get Randle more playing time to give him more experience and than have Nicks,Cruz,Hixon,Randle and Barden (in Short or Goalline situations rotate),

it gives pressure off of Eli always looking towards Nicks and Cruz, defenses are defending it much better

jaygoon
10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I honestly think this article and post are worthless.

Eli Manning isnt being asked to do ENOUGH. Eli Manning wins the games, not our running game, not our overrated D line, not our secondary, not unproven Andre Brown, not 44, Eli FREAKING Manning.

Rusty192
10-02-2012, 11:40 PM
i agree. dumb article. not buying it.

Roosevelt
10-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Nobody's perfect. Don't sweat the small stuff.

drewz
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
This is insane.. Eli makes one bad decision, all of sudden he's being asked to do to much? ugh

giantsfan420
10-03-2012, 12:05 AM
well what can we do when we can't run the ball. 1 yd runs dont help anyone.
wish we woulda played brown much more. he had a couple of nice runs, one where he patiently waited for the blocking and got 5, and another where he was met at the LOS by a defender but used the contact, absorbed it, and did a spin move off it and fell forward 5 yds...kinda pissed bc i saw several runs where bradshaws indecisiveness and happy feet caused him to get to a hole or the edge too late and for no yardage when it should hve been 5 yds min...

but this is just like last yr. once the run game and DL ****ing show up, we'll be dominant...

giantsfan420
10-03-2012, 12:09 AM
and all this article is saying is that the lack of run game is hurting the offense, and that's correct. its not that eli can't shoulder the load, its that he shouldnt have to shoulder the entire load.

w/o a run game, w/l depend on eli pretty much. esp with how our DL has played sans JPP. When we went on that 6 game stretch, what made us so dominant was that eli was playing lights out WHILE THE RUN GAME AND DL PLAYED WELL. thats not an indictment on eli, but on the run game and DL to get their asses in motion

SuperNYGiants
10-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Please don't turn Eli into Dan Marino, Gilbride you crazy fool.

CDN_G-FAN
10-03-2012, 12:26 AM
When Eli makes one bad decision and we lose the game, then he's probably being asked to do too much.

its not like the Eagles were perfect in that game, but by the looks of it Eli needs to be more than nearly perfect in order for us to win a game like that, and that ain't gonna cut it against some of the defenses coming out of our conference this year (seattle, cards, 49ers, even chicago).

Unless our defense starts playing like those mentioned, and we're WEEKS away from that if it happens at all, Eli throwing the ball 40+ times a game isn't going to get it done.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 06:25 AM
When Eli makes one bad decision and we lose the game, then he's probably being asked to do too much.

its not like the Eagles were perfect in that game, but by the looks of it Eli needs to be more than nearly perfect in order for us to win a game like that, and that ain't gonna cut it against some of the defenses coming out of our conference this year (seattle, cards, 49ers, even chicago).

Unless our defense starts playing like those mentioned, and we're WEEKS away from that if it happens at all, Eli throwing the ball 40+ times a game isn't going to get it done.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

gumby74
10-03-2012, 09:29 AM

+1

Rod-Diggity
10-03-2012, 09:40 AM
We have 1 loss without nicks and all of a sudden it's not okay, some people act like we got blown out against the eagles when we were in a position to win. One bad play moved us out of field goal range and that's that. Let eli do what he do he's produce 4 different receivers with 100 yard games and he's being asked to do too much? I don't see it we'll be fine just watch eli work

Harooni
10-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think he is asked to do too much. It is what it is and time was ticking and TC and Eli made some bad choices ,it happens and hopefully they learn from that.

YATittle1962
10-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Brown is not the answer, he showed nothing last game

it's hilarious that you come to this conclusion after 5 carries

IamGiantsfan
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
it's hilarious that you come to this conclusion after 5 carries
Obviously he's not the answer to a severe lack of smart, logical Giants Fans on this board :(

bigjeep
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-02/eli-manning-new-york-giants-stats-week-5-fantasy-football-qb

Excerpt: "Entrusting the ball in Eli Manning (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-01/eli-manning-says-new-york-giants-are-not-a-dynasty)ís hands is usually a formula for success for the Giants, but thereís a concern that an imbalance is seeping into the offensive flow.

The Giants ran the ball only 19 times and passed it 42 times in their 19-17 loss to the Eagles, and it wasnít as if the Giants were in catch-up mode all night." Read more...

Bottom line, we didn't need a touchdown, just a FG. Brainlock is deadly!