PDA

View Full Version : Deon Grant anyone?!?!?!?

shotcalla39
10-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't get it... We are decimated in the defensive backfield and why the Giants aren't calling this guy has me scratching my head... He was a leader on this D the last few years.. acted almost as a player-coach..

He was an anchor back there for us especially last season... Reese pick up the phone and give Mr Grant a call please... Cris Colinsworth even said Phillips would've gotten the pick the other night on a TD pass the rookie blew his assignment... Mr Grant is a savvy vet who can play and teach the young guns how its done..!!! The Giants always have the fans scratching their head!! I won't be surprised to see KP done for the year.. its the same knee he injured a couple years ago

moosedrool
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Grant had a great career but at 33 he is done. Stevie Brown played good for KP and Will Hill played slot CB better than Grant or Rolle did last year. And Sash is back now too.

shotcalla39
10-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Grant had a great career but at 33 he is done. Stevie Brown played good for KP and Will Hill played slot CB better than Grant or Rolle did last year. And Sash is back now too.

Why's he done?? He played well for us last season..

ALLnygIN
10-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Brown and Hill are proving we don't need an old guy back there anymore. We have solid options. Not to mention sash. So, no.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
no I rather take our chances with the young talent and Will Hill is legit so is Brown they didn't pretty good Sunday Night...

shotcalla39
10-03-2012, 01:49 AM
O would love to see. The Giants grab DJ Moore @30 on the bears... He's their nickel back and he was all over the field last night.. deflecting passes , a pick 6 and laying the wood... He's a free agent at the end of season .. Reese needs to rake that guy

miked1958
10-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Grant had a great career but at 33 he is done. Stevie Brown played good for KP and Will Hill played slot CB better than Grant or Rolle did last year. And Sash is back now too.Speaking of sash. Did he already get counted in final 53? I don't think so cause he hasn't been on the inactive list on Sundays. Which means someone on th. current roster has to go to make room for him. U say he is already back? So who was released to make room for him?

BlueSanta
10-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Grant played a very different position than KP or any of our injured DBs. He played as the 3rd safety in our 3 safety set. That position has been filled by Will hill and we have also seen JWill play that position.

So bringing him in does us no good.

shotcalla39
10-03-2012, 04:56 AM
What are u talking about?? Grant can Play any safety poition ... Rolle can Play a nickel back .. and grant can0/!y rolles poisition if you're worried about Grants speed.

shockeyisjesus
10-03-2012, 05:45 AM
I'd give him a call immediately. Not only could he provide some solid play, at the VERY LEAST he'd provide some veteran depth.

He was on the field QUITE A BIT last year when we managed to WIN A SUPERBOWL. Has he really fallen off that much in 7 or so months? I highly doubt it.

He could give us 20-25 snaps a game in obvious passing situations at safety and allow us to move Rolle to corner in the nickle and dime instead of being forced to play guys like Tryon or Hill/Sash/Brown.

Yeah, Brown looked okay for one game but do I trust him or Sash for a whole season? Not at all. Do I trust Grant? Yeah, I do, just look at last season. Makes no sense not to sign him back for the vet minimum. I loved the three safety look we played quite a bit at times last year. Why we've decided to completely abandon that so far this season is beyond me.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Think we need a CB more than a safety, Sash is back and we'll have to cut someone, I don't know who that someone is....

Observer
10-03-2012, 05:59 AM
I remember when they played the 49ers. Vernon Davis mugged him I between plays. That happens to the the player the opponent most wants out of the game and off the field. So he gets Vernon's vote for person he wants most not to see again.

BlueSanta
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
What are u talking about?? Grant can Play any safety poition ... Rolle can Play a nickel back .. and grant can0/!y rolles poisition if you're worried about Grants speed.

And you know this based on what? A guess? Because Grant played predominantly 1 position, and only 1 position with us during his time here. Yet we still are healthy at that position with Will HIll in Jwill. Grant was a class act, but he is not the solution at this time.