PDA

View Full Version : Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Rueben Randle...how can the guy NOT be motivated to play pro ball? I just dont get it. If this is the case, I'm glad Victor called him out. Someone needs to...

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/03/new-york-giants-victor-cruz-tells-teammate-rueben-randle-act-like-you-want-to-be-here/

GIANTSED101
10-03-2012, 11:13 AM
If playing in the NFL isn't motiviation and Cruz telling you to step your game up, I'm not sure what is. Hopefully this kid can get it together, we could sure use his help right now.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds like JPP needs to talk to him.. haha

Flip Empty
10-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Good to see Cruz becoming a leader.

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Dissapointing. Did he fall lower than projected in the draft?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:21 AM

ABSOLUTELY. Love it!

If all of our players had the work ethic and humbleness of Victor Cruz we would win the super bowl every damn year.....

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Dissapointing. Did he fall lower than projected in the draft?

Randle was projected as a late 1st to early 2nd. I imagine he is having a hard time adjusting to the TC way of things having to break through a talented group of receivers. Maybe he feels the task is too daunting? Not sure what his deal is.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
ABSOLUTELY. Love it!

If all of our players had the work ethic and humbleness of Victor Cruz we would win the super bowl every damn year.....

Amen brother!

TroyArcher
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Randle was projected as a late 1st to early 2nd. I imagine he is having a hard time adjusting to the TC way of things having to break through a talented group of receivers. Maybe he feels the task is too daunting? Not sure what his deal is.

He needs to suck it up or he may be flipping burgers in the near future.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Sounds like JPP needs to talk to him.. haha

Haha Yes, Randle needs a good old dose of the ice bath

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:40 AM
He needs to suck it up or he may be flipping burgers in the near future.

He probably just feels like there's no way he can shine right now, so why bother.

Top that with a little anxiety and/or depression ?? (maybe, who knows), and you have yourself one unmotivated football player

Sounds like he will snap out of it, It is better that this is the problem rather than a lack of skill. You can't snap out of just not being as good as everyone else. Sounds like they still think he has tons of potential, just has to get his *** in gear and work for it.

RagTime Blue
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
He sees a guy like Barden get paid for three years of no production.

Eh, maybe he's just disappointed that he went from being the big fish to being a guppy in less than a year. It's understandable, but it's time to get over it and work like every day on the team could be his last.

jomo
10-03-2012, 11:46 AM
All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO

Moke
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM

This is all a good way of thinking and I believe you may be right.

Fact is - he should feel blessed he is on the New York Giants. David Wilson seems to be motivated for sure, but then again, he really doesn't have much competition at that position besides Bradshaw's experience.

No offense to Randle, but Cruz is right here. Step it up, you need to have motivation to be on this Tom Coughlin run team.

njg85m
10-03-2012, 11:51 AM

I don't understand it either.

I would think being a rookie in immediate competition for the #3 spot on the defending SB champs roster would make me work harder, not less hard.

Are Barden, Hixon, and JJ that intimidating to him? Let's hope he steps it up, whatever the problem may be.

Shockeystays08
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
An unproductive Randle with a lazy attitude gets more playing consideration than Jernigan. That doesn't say much about JJ. Jernigan has always had a great attitude and work ethic from what I have heard about him. I live 50 miles from Troy so I've heard a great deal about him as well as watched him for 4 years. I just don't think Killdrive knows how to use JJ and Coughlin doesn't seem to care for him. Coach C never mentions anything positive about JJ. JJ is gonna be a star one day.............but maybe not with the Giants.

Breezely
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO

I totally agree with you.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:56 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2676660301/1b1a031e59c144f33b30233dd8903093_normal.jpeg Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday (https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday) Ramses Barden suffered a concussion in the game against the Eagles.

Like Cruz said, act like you want to be here.... no **** that.... SHOW you want to be here... THANK GOD for having the opportunity to play for the greatest organization in the National Football league.

TheAnalyst
10-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I feel like he is in the same line of situation as Martellus Bennett was in Dallas. He sees guys he is 5th on the depth chart and doesn't have the fire to go all in because he isn't getting the playing time. Hope that changes.

TheAnalyst
10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Time to call up Plax... Haha

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Most people would agree but I think Collinsworth already let that one out of the bag. As much as people here hate the man, the guy has inside knowledge and once I heard him mention it, I was thinking "That's just swell." Who knows...maybe he needs a little pressure from the outside to push him. Players are motivated in different ways.

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Randle will step up. His main lack of motivation is that he can't rise up on the depth chart enough to get playing time. IF he can get motivated he can make some great plays for us. Still wish we had Manningham (he's the first player in ever to have a decent football career after leaving the Giants), but we don't, so we need him to step up now...

However, I also see us running an offense more like we had vs. Carolina. The Browns and Panthers don't have the same level of defense that the Eagles do, and so I forsee Bennett going up the field more this game, rather than being kept in to block all the time. Still, we need that 3rd WR out there...

njg85m
10-03-2012, 12:06 PM

I completely and respectfully disagree.
It was already pretty common knowledge, and if getting called out by a guy who was competing for a spot on our practice squad 2 years ago and is now one of the best receivers in the NFL doesn't spark a fire under his butt, nothing will.
I honestly can't think of a single person who it would have been more appropriate to have heard it from.

dezzzR
10-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.

G.I. Ants
10-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.I would like to see that myself also.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I think what Cruz did is just fine.

However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.

SackingMyths
10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Maybe he just thought when he was drafted to be Mario's replacement, that he was just gonna be handed the #3 job. Now that reality has set in -- and TC makes you EARN your role -- he hasn't taken it in a way that you'd like.

He's still a young kid, and it's good to see Cruz snap him out of it. We'll see how he reacts this weekend, b/c at this rate, he may have to play out of necessity...

NWKEffectElement
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I completely and respectfully disagree.
It was already pretty common knowledge, and if getting called out by a guy who was competing for a spot on our practice squad 2 years ago and is now one of the best receivers in the NFL doesn't spark a fire under his butt, nothing will.
I honestly can't think of a single person who it would have been more appropriate to have heard it from.
I'm with this school of thought. Good that Cruz put hum on blast.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:50 PM
On Blast. Nice haha

Yeah, you know who else needs to be put on blast? Osi. Someone needs to blast his *** and I would love it if JPP would just straight up call him out.

It will never happen, but Osi is the laughing stock of this defense at this point in time. Hes a fool who only did well in his career along side Strahan (who regularly commanded double teams) and by picking on 2nd string LT's.

I really hope he proves me wrong tho..

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I think what Cruz did is just fine.

However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.

Why wouldn't he be jealous seeing some lazy *** who hasn't done **** in this league get paid more than him after the season that he had last year?

I was very high on Randle and this just completely took the wind out of my sails . . . .

G.I. Ants
10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Cruz showing leadership this year is the next evolution of his development. Lets see if the rookie steps up to the challenge.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Cruz is making LESS THAN 500k this year. Is that crazy, or what?

Reese and co. better give him his payday next season or they are bums. I understand this is a business, though. However, Cruz is too valuable and needs to be locked up with a 6 year 15 mil contract at least

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Why is it just coming out now that Barden suffered a concussion? Hmmmm

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, Cruz is making LESS THAN 500k this year. Is that crazy, or what?

Reese and co. better give him his payday next season or they are bums. I understand this is a business, though. However, Cruz is too valuable and needs to be locked up with a 6 year 15 mil contract at least

6 years and 15 mil? lol . . . try 6 years and $50 mil.

shane4177
10-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't know if any of you read down farther......some people posted to the article saying that Nicks status would be announced today, and that it appears to be a meniscus tear. They also mentioned that depending on serverity he could A) Play through it as MM did, B) Get "quick" procedure to clean it up and be out 2-4 weeks, or if worse case scenarion, get season ending surgery to repair it..........Man we can't catch a break.

Shockeystays08
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.
Ditto!!

Mistanihan
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Hopefully this kid steps up. If not, JJ should. He should know this offense by now.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I think Randle will step up. His main lack of motivation is that he can't rise up on the depth chart enough to get playing time. IF he can get motivated he can make some great plays for us. Still wish we had Manningham (he's the first player in ever to have a decent football career after leaving the Giants), but we don't, so we need him to step up now...

However, I also see us running an offense more like we had vs. Carolina. The Browns and Panthers don't have the same level of defense that the Eagles do, and so I forsee Bennett going up the field more this game, rather than being kept in to block all the time. Still, we need that 3rd WR out there...

I have to disagree. This is the NFL where you can't lay back until your number is called. You have to be ready when your number is called as was Cruz, Brown, Will Hill, Stevie Brown, Wilson, and so on.

It sounds to me like Randle has an attitude problem and here we are, at a place where he could make a difference, and people who know him is worried about his wanting to be here.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't know if any of you read down farther......some people posted to the article saying that Nicks status would be announced today, and that it appears to be a meniscus tear. They also mentioned that depending on serverity he could A) Play through it as MM did, B) Get "quick" procedure to clean it up and be out 2-4 weeks, or if worse case scenarion, get season ending surgery to repair it..........Man we can't catch a break.

where did you get this news??

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Why is it just coming out now that Barden suffered a concussion? Hmmmm

This is just an example of the things we don't know. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we will never hear about.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 01:09 PM

Even that might not be enough. Dude is on pace for another 1500 yard season and is going to command a huge salary. Especially with his uncanny abilities in the slot.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Yeah you're right. But I think it will be more like 6 years 35 mil. I feel like 9.5 million a year is just too much and the Giants wont pay that. Plus we need to sign Hakeem eventually and Cruz & Hakeem will probably have very similar deals. there is no way we can pay 2 WR's 8+ Million a year.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 01:14 PM
So lets do the math:

Nicks: base salary this year : 750,000
Cruz: base salary this year: 490,000
Hixon: base salary this year: 615,000
Barden: base salary this year: 565,000
Randle: base salary this year: 390,000
Jernigan: base slary this year: 465,000

That is one CHEAP WR corps compare to their production. Good job Front Office, well done..
Thats pretty amazing that we have all 6 of our main WR's this year for only 3.2 Million. Thats what some teams pay for only ONE WR.

For Comparison:
Vincent Jackson base salary this year: 11 MILLION holy camels!!
Brandon Marshall base salary this year: 9.3 MILLION wowww we have a deal here!!!

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM

I mostly agree but then....

I watch post after post criticizing the organization for not playing this guy and that guy, insulting the coaches who do this for a living when we don't have a clue about anything other than what we see on the field on game days. There are always reasons some players don't break through and this is a perfect example of why coaches should get the benefit of the doubt.

GreenZone
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM

What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:19 PM
What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?

It's what Cruz said, no?

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 01:20 PM

His lack of motivation was referred to on national tv and was confirmed by Cruz. What are you talking about?

zimonami
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Normally I'd agree with you 100%, jomo. But, it's been camp, 4 preseason games, and 3 real games. I'd assume Cruz has spoken to him before. We don't know what has gone on to date. Like, perhaps we don't know the real scoop about JPP dunking Prince. Perhaps Cruz thinks this is the only way to get Randle's attention... to bring more pressure to the guys work ethic, and embarrass him into waking up... and risk the bad feeling he will get from Randle for exposing him. After all, it's the guys salary$$$ that is really a forbidden territory... Like, when Tiki opened his mouth regarding Stray's contract.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah you're right. But I think it will be more like 6 years 35 mil. I feel like 9.5 million a year is just too much and the Giants wont pay that. Plus we need to sign Hakeem eventually and Cruz & Hakeem will probably have very similar deals. there is no way we can pay 2 WR's 8+ Million a year.

I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 01:22 PM
This is just an example of the things we don't know. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we will never hear about.
I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.

Me too.

But there is no way Nicks gets a 5-7 year, 7-9 million/year contract without Cruz getting the same.

Can we afford two 6 year contract worth 16-18 million per year combined?? Thats a serious cap hit.

RoanokeFan
I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .

Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz (http://www.giants101.com/tag/victor-cruz/) told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.

CowboysSuck
Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...

Pretty much. There'll be more in endorsements and extra-curricular activities for Victor than for Hakeem so if both players are willing to be flexible and keep this together, I'd think Hakeem would get the bigger deal with Victor agreeing to take less considering Victor will be able to make a lot more off the field than Hakeem ever will.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I think they find a way to keep them both as long as Eli is expected to be here.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz (http://www.giants101.com/tag/victor-cruz/) told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.
Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
Practice how you play.....right???

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
Practice how you play.....right???

I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Here's a quote of Cruz:

Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, its not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldnt be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz (http://www.giants101.com/tag/victor-cruz/) told The Post. He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here hes a professional and he has to perform no matter whats being asked of him."

I meant that the late news of Barden's concussion seemed a little convenient . . . like a belated excuse for his mistakes down the stretch of the Eagles loss.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.
sometimes that work though. Hopefully it does. The kid seems to have the skills. Now he needs the attitude and desire.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I think what Cruz did is just fine. However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.

Does Cruz really come off as though he would feel that way?

ny06
10-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I like what Cruz did, this is the NFL, you better be ready when your number is called. And with the injuries at the wr position Randle's number is going to be called. I also don't mind that it got out to the public, maybe this will moitivate him.

BuffyBlueII
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO +1

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I meant that the late news of Barden's concussion seemed a little convenient . . . like a belated excuse for his mistakes down the stretch of the Eagles loss. How do I get so lost?

GameTime
10-03-2012, 01:57 PM
How do I get so lost?
if you have to ask then you are already lost my friend......:o

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:57 PM
sometimes that work though. Hopefully it does. The kid seems to have the skills. Now he needs the attitude and desire. +1

ALLnygIN
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
It probably sucks being a rookie on the giants. They don't give you many oppurtunities to play ball and when you do maybe it's just for a snap or two a game.. Real motivating.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
It probably sucks being a rookie on the giants. They don't give you many oppurtunities to play ball and when you do maybe it's just for a snap or two a game.. Real motivating.Gotta work for it.

ny06
10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
It probably sucks being a rookie on the giants. They don't give you many oppurtunities to play ball and when you do maybe it's just for a snap or two a game.. Real motivating.
Barry Cofield played, JPP, Kenny Phillips, J. Williams just to name a few. You have to earn a chance to play, you show Tom Coughlin and staff you belong on the field then you will get your chance being a rookie or not.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 02:04 PM
yeah must suck to be drafted to a team that has won the SB 2 in the last 5 years.
Holesly....playing
Kuhn......contributing
Randle.....getting reps and enough to see what he has to offer AND returing punts which TC must trust him BIG TIME for.....
Wilson.....returning kics and doing very well. Blew two passs ops already. Getting some RB reps here and there.

ALLnygIN
10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I gueess that is true. I'm sure the kid just wants to get out there and do what he can do.. If he's already "pro" ready the kid is more than likely not being challenged and bored with just a few practice routes. Get the kid out there and inspire him a little.

BeatYale
10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Work ethic is hard to coach, it's like a personality thing.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I gueess that is true. I'm sure the kid just wants to get out there and do what he can do.. If he's already "pro" ready the kid is more than likely not being challenged and bored with just a few practice routes. Get the kid out there and inspire him a little.If he's bored in practice and half assing his assignment, what makes you think he's ready to start? You have to work hard in practice and show you have what it takes, regardless of if you're bored of running routes. If you're that bored, you'd train a little harder.

BeatYale
10-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I gueess that is true. I'm sure the kid just wants to get out there and do what he can do.. If he's already "pro" ready the kid is more than likely not being challenged and bored with just a few practice routes. Get the kid out there and inspire him a little.

Coaches should put players on the field if they get bored on the sidelines? What happened to earning the privilege to step on the field with the real professionals?

njg85m
10-03-2012, 02:25 PM

What? Are you serious?

Throw the guy on the field who shows absolutely nothing in practice so that he doesn't get bored? This makes less than zero sense.

I don't know why this has been a recurring topic lately, but Cruz summed it up pretty much perfectly. They aren't doing this only for fun anymore. They are professionals doing a job --- and getting paid extremely well to do it. It needs to be taken seriously. Some of the comments on this thread make me question whether you guys understand the difference between what a high school WR's mentality should be and what a NFL WR's mentality should be.....

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 02:26 PM
if you have to ask then you are already lost my friend......:o

Waaaaaa :o

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Not a good sign a all. How are you not motivated as a rookie? If he needs a pep talk as a rookie I'm sorry to say they may have a problem with his guy.

nycisgreat
10-03-2012, 02:37 PM

I don't think it is a leader thing that Cruz is displaying here. I think it is more of an appreciation type thing. For a guy drafted as high as Randell, there should be no reason why he is moping around. Cruz didn't get draft, so he is humbled by his life journey. Randell probably feels that he is entitled to play because he was drafted. The pros don't work like way. You have to prove yourself, and he clearly isn't doing that when he is in games. Cruz proved himself last season, and he still displays the same talent. Randell has to make his presences felt. If the guy is moping around team, there is a good chance that he isn't working as hard as he can. I just hope he gets his head in the game because he has the perfect QB to make him look like a stud.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Not a good sign a all. How are you not motivated as a rookie? If he needs a pep talk as a rookie I'm sorry to say they may have a problem with his guy.
you know....everybody is different. Most of these rookies have been playing football already for over 15 years. They make to the NFL only to realize the NOW the real hard work begins. Everything before was just a warm up. Its not so far fteched that some guys may get daunted by this. If he needs a kick in the *** then he should be given one.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:40 PM
It looks more like a desperation thing. Not that I don't think Cruz could be a leader, but Nicks and maybe Barden are both out for this game. That leaves Cruz and Hixon.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.He's not a bust, he just needs to work harder.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
you know....everybody is different. Most of these rookies have been playing football already for over 15 years. They make to the NFL only to realize the NOW the real hard work begins. Everything before was just a warm up. Its not so far fteched that some guys may get daunted by this. If he needs a kick in the *** then he should be given one.They can probably get more out of the guys that where on the team in he summer. They where hungry. They will fight for everything. This guy is a rookie and needs a pep talk.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.
thats way too cut and dry for me. the kid needs a kick in the *** for some reason that you or I dont know. Not so uncommon I bet.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
He's not a bust, he just needs to work harder.Yeah, as a highly drafted rookie he needs to be told to step up. Unreal!

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, as a highly drafted rookie he needs to be told to step up. Unreal!That doesn't mean he's a bust lol.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
thats way too cut and dry for me. the kid needs a kick in the *** for some reason that you or I dont know. Not so uncommon I bet.I will be happy if he proves me wrong. He does not remind me of Nicks or Cruz. He doesn't remind me of a hungry player. Maybe the game is to fast for him. Maybe it will take a few years for him to pan out. Maybe bust was to strong of a word, but I'm not counting on him do help out this week or anytime soon.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
That doesn't mean he's a bust lol.Maybe that was a strong word to use but what does it tell you when a teammate has to tell a rookie he needs to step up? Most rookies would not need a pep talk. That's all I'm saying.

ALLnygIN
10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
What? Are you serious?

Throw the guy on the field who shows absolutely nothing in practice so that he doesn't get bored? This makes less than zero sense.

I don't know why this has been a recurring topic lately, but Cruz summed it up pretty much perfectly. They aren't doing this only for fun anymore. They are professionals doing a job --- and getting paid extremely well to do it. It needs to be taken seriously. Some of the comments on this thread make me question whether you guys understand the difference between what a high school WR's mentality should be and what a NFL WR's mentality should be.....

Worked well with Randy Moss.. Look i'm not arguing with anyone on this becuase what you say is valid, I understand that. All I'm saying is different people are different and work differently. If the coaching isnt working to get him motivated something else has to change.. I'm saying by possibly giving the guy a few more reps in a game may spark something for him and get him motivated to do the deal that might be all he needs to spark some interest. If that doesn't work then maybe he just needs to grow up a little. Who knows. I get that he's retruning punts and doing quite well at it actually. So, get him involved a little bit more offensively.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Maybe that was a strong word to use but what does it tell you when a teammate has to tell a rookie he needs to step up? Most rookies would not need a pep talk. That's all I'm saying.

Haha come on Buddy. You're being a little hard on Randle when we haven't even reached the halfway mark of the season. Michael Floyd needed a pep talk from Larry Fitzgerald before the preseason began. Alshon Jeffery had "work ethic" issues with his weight and he's looking good for the Bears. Randle will contribute eventually.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Maybe that was a strong word to use but what does it tell you when a teammate has to tell a rookie he needs to step up? Most rookies would not need a pep talk. That's all I'm saying.
TC trusts him with catching punts.....thats huge.
TC does not take that postion lightly. There is more to come from this kid.

swimeasy
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
thats way too cut and dry for me. the kid needs a kick in the *** for some reason that you or I dont know. Not so uncommon I bet.

IA Game Time. A rookie diva? Sounds like an oxymoron. Opportunities are what you make of them. Randle was given an opportunity. He wasn't given a guarantee.

Cruz is doing him a favor. Hopefully, he will mature fast enough to appreciate the opportunity he has and not squander it.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I'll take the bust thing back. I still have a problem with a rookie needing motivation. Why? You where drafted to the Supper Bowl winning team in the 2nd round? This is supposed to be your dream. For the record I was extremely happy they drafted him and I still was him to be a great draft pick. I just don't understand why work ethic is a problem. Maybe I'm just tired of the injuries.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 03:09 PM
I'll take the bust thing back. I still have a problem with a rookie needing motivation. Why? You where drafted to the Supper Bowl winning team in the 2nd round? This is supposed to be your dream. For the record I was extremely happy they drafted him and I still was him to be a great draft pick. I just don't understand why work ethic is a problem. Maybe I'm just tired of the injuries.
well its a crappy thing to hear about a rookie for the exact reason you gave. But IF it is a real problem it is not insurmountable and the Giants will get him going. If not its his loss and he will be packing groceries in a year.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
He's probably just overwhelmed by the talent in this league (and more importantly, of our WR unit). Even the most polished player out of the 2012 NFL Draft, David Decastro, mentioned how hard of a time he was having adjusting to the talent and skill that the NFL has compared to College Football.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Again, I take away the bust comment I made. Now on this week. If he is overwhelmed or needs to work on something, he won't help them this week and most likely will needs an offseason to he it right. So with Nicks out for what I believe will be a long time and Barden now unlikely to play they have a serious problem. Maybe JJ can provide a spark?

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Again, I take away the bust comment I made. Now on this week. If he is overwhelmed or needs to work on something, he won't help them this week and most likely will needs an offseason to he it right. So with Nicks out for what I believe will be a long time and Barden now unlikely to play they have a serious problem. Maybe JJ can provide a spark?

Randle will be the # 3 IF Barden is inactive. It will be his opportunity although he has taken a number of snaps on offense already.

Panthers' Game - 27 snaps

Eagles Game - 4 snaps

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Randle said the first he heard of his work ethic issues was Monday -- on Twitter, where he saw Cris Collinsworth's comments. #NYG

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Well here it is. His big shot. If he does well he could move past Hixon and Barden. It's right in front of you a Randle. Sorry about calling him a bust. I'm a fan of his. Just frustrated.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Well here it is. His big shot. If he does well he could move past Hixon and Barden. It's right in front of you a Randle. Sorry about calling him a bust. I'm a fan of his. Just frustrated.I hope he doesn't dissapoint either.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
How do I get so lost?

Join the club! This MB frequently gets my head spinning!

Shockeystays08
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Start over. You have obviously missed some important FACTS.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Randle said the first he heard of his work ethic issues was Monday -- on Twitter, where he saw Cris Collinsworth's comments. #NYG

Not surprised. If it is a true statement by Cris, I wouldn't exactly expect many players to admit they have a work ethic issue. This is probably all overblown anyway.

drewz
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Just from twitter: @HubbuchMVP Eli agrees that Reuben Randle needs to work harder and prepare better. Interesting coming from Manning, who rarely criticizes teammates.

Wow, maybe they are just getting on RR because of the injuries at WR, because Coughlin said he didn't have any issues with him

GameTime
10-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Just from twitter: @HubbuchMVP Eli agrees that Reuben Randle needs to work harder and prepare better. Interesting coming from Manning, who rarely criticizes teammates.

Wow, maybe they are just getting on RR because of the injuries at WR, because Coughlin said he didn't have any issues with him
Hey...Eli prob sees him all the time in practice. With a promising Rookie they prob have specific plays for him as well as letting him sit in on a few reps in general. He is not getting the offense apparently and needs to get his **** together.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Well if Eli said that there is a real issue here. I mean people used to rip on Manningham all the time for messing up but I never heard of Eli calling him out.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 03:38 PM
I think that we may know now why he lasted until the last pick in the second round . . . . .

Just saw a thread that Barden won't play on Sunday. If this is true, maybe the veterans are trying to kick this kid in the *** because they know that he is going to have to contribute on Sunday.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 03:42 PM
What does Eli Manning think about Reuben Randle's work ethic? It's getting "better," the QB said. "He's young ...

... and hes trying to figure out what it takes to compete and get mentally and physically ready for upcoming games. He has talent. Hes been working better, understanding just how we work and prepare each week. Hes been getting more reps these last few weeks so hes doing a good job of putting everything together. Hes going to have to make some plays for us and I believe he can do that. He can help us out." #NYG I think it's safe to say that he's starting vs the Browns. Hopefully he takes this opportunity seriously.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Any word on Nicks?

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Any word on Nicks?He didn't practice today.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Any word on Nicks?

His normal practice day is Thursday so we'll have to wait and see. Since it's a home game, it will likely be a game time decision

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
What does Eli Manning think about Reuben Randle's work ethic? It's getting "better," the QB said. "He's young ...

... and he’s trying to figure out what it takes to compete and get mentally and physically ready for upcoming games. He has talent. He’s been working better, understanding just how we work and prepare each week. He’s been getting more reps these last few weeks so he’s doing a good job of putting everything together. He’s going to have to make some plays for us and I believe he can do that. He can help us out." #NYG I think it's safe to say that he's starting vs the Browns. Hopefully he takes this opportunity seriously.

There is always hope. Maybe this little jolt is all he needs to turn on the skill sets.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
There is always hope. Maybe this little jolt is all he needs to turn on the skill sets.

Do you think he's just a little slow? Maybe not the brightest crayon in the box or something?

drewz
10-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Domenik Hixon was 1 of the Giants who did little to kill the idea that Rueben Randle's work ethic is an issue:
"We’ve been trying to set an example for him to kind of follow the whole working and football (idea), when you come to the Giants’ facility we’re working," Hixon said. "(He's) just trying to get his feet underneath him with the schedule and everything. Probably one of the most odd things is at (pro) football you go home, you don’t go to class, so that’s your study time, that’s when you study tape and do different things like that. Just getting adjusted to the schedule."

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't know if any of you read down farther......some people posted to the article saying that Nicks status would be announced today, and that it appears to be a meniscus tear. They also mentioned that depending on serverity he could A) Play through it as MM did, B) Get "quick" procedure to clean it up and be out 2-4 weeks, or if worse case scenarion, get season ending surgery to repair it..........Man we can't catch a break.Are you serious this news is terrible I hope it doesn't come down to option C...........anyway I love what Cruz said but I think everything is just moving fast for Randle right now I mean it's football all the time now for the kid. He just got out of college where that wasn't the case and he knows he has an up hill battle to beat some guys out and let's not forget KG offense is a ***** to learn. I have all the faith in the world Randle will get it... this will spark him don't count him out yet.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I think they find a way to keep them both as long as Eli is expected to be here.agreed no way they let one walk both are too valuable to Eli's success this is not the usually case where Eli has made the wr it is a two way street here.

Redeyejedi
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
He has done more then Jernigan Barden or manningham in their first years

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
He has done more then Jernigan Barden or manningham in their first years

That's not very much then lol

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Do you think he's just a little slow? Maybe not the brightest crayon in the box or something?

No idea.

giantsfan420
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
how is that eli calling out randle? that tweet could be said for everyone including eli himself. i've heard eli say he needs to prepare better and limit his mistakes so many times. we just lost,i'd imagine eli would say that about every single player on the team, himself included.

TextureDj
10-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Someone mark this date down on the calendar. This could be where he gets saddled with the dumb tag like Mario, but this time we will be able to look back and see where it all started instead of just speculate.

Cool Papa B.
10-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I just don't get dude's sometimes. You are one of a select who chosen by a NFL team to play for them and be a part of their future. And not just any team, you were chosen by the defending Super Bowl champs. A team with a great coach, a great QB with another 6-7 years of greatness left in him. And you're not motivated to play????? You know how many people who would give almost anything to be in your position?

If I'm Randle I would have my face in the playbook everyday till' I know it like my name. Follow victor Cruz. Study him and how he goes about things. Ask him to be your mentor. And hangout with Eli. Similar to what Cruz did last year. If he ask you to pick up some dunkin doughnuts after practice.....do it! He ain't throwing you the ball until he knows that you know your routes.

NYGabriel
10-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.I think he was just trying to motivate him...remember he had to work super hard to get his shot and he made the most of it. He sees that the kid has talent and just wants him to be ready cause we are going to need him this Sunday with the injuries to Nicks and Barden. You know that the media likes to take things to extreme levels..

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 11:48 PM

... and hes trying to figure out what it takes to compete and get mentally and physically ready for upcoming games. He has talent. Hes been working better, understanding just how we work and prepare each week. Hes been getting more reps these last few weeks so hes doing a good job of putting everything together. Hes going to have to make some plays for us and I believe he can do that. He can help us out." #NYG I think it's safe to say that he's starting vs the Browns. Hopefully he takes this opportunity seriously. U think hes starting against clevland? The one thing i can gurantee is hes not starting VS Clevland.. hixon and Cruz are starting.. Hixon just killed it against PHILLY.. Why would u possibly start this guy over him?

NYGabriel
10-04-2012, 12:08 AM
I think he was just trying to motivate him...remember he had to work super hard to get his shot and he made the most of it. He sees that the kid has talent and just wants him to be ready cause we are going to need him this Sunday with the injuries to Nicks and Barden. You know that the media likes to take things to extreme levels..

He should have done it behind closed doors. When Coach Coughlin was asked he said Randle is a young guy that's working hard. He doesn't care about anyone else's opinion. That's good enough for me. Notice how Hixon didn't even want to talk about it. Nicks wouldn't have talked so recklessly. I hope Cruz has been spoken to. He shouldn't be pouring fuel on the 'media spin' fire and even adding words like lollygag when backing up Collingsworths ramblings.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 12:12 AM
I just don't get dude's sometimes. You are one of a select who chosen by a NFL team to play for them and be a part of their future. And not just any team, you were chosen by the defending Super Bowl champs. A team with a great coach, a great QB with another 6-7 years of greatness left in him. And you're not motivated to play????? You know how many people who would give almost anything to be in your position?

If I'm Randle I would have my face in the playbook everyday till' I know it like my name. Follow victor Cruz. Study him and how he goes about things. Ask him to be your mentor. And hangout with Eli. Similar to what Cruz did last year. If he ask you to pick up some dunkin doughnuts after practice.....do it! He ain't throwing you the ball until he knows that you know your routes.

How do you even know exactly what this kid is going through or how much you think he isnt trying hard enough. You are taking a couple of quotes from the media and over reacting big time. Chill out and let the kid mature. If TC didnt trust him he wouldnt be returning punts you get count on that.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 12:16 AM
He should have done it behind closed doors. When Coach Coughlin was asked he said Randle is a young guy that's working hard. He doesn't care about anyone else's opinion. That's good enough for me. Notice how Hixon didn't even want to talk about it. Nicks wouldn't have talked so recklessly. I hope Cruz has been spoken to. He shouldn't be pouring fuel on the 'media spin' fire and even adding words like lollygag when backing up Collingsworths ramblings.can't argue with you there, he should've done that but I respect Cruz for coming out and saying that cause my guess is that he would know how the coaches want someone to preform and maybe he thought this is the best way to get to him...

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
U think hes starting against clevland? The one thing i can gurantee is hes not starting VS Clevland.. hixon and Cruz are starting.. Hixon just killed it against PHILLY.. Why would u possibly start this guy over him?Because Barden is injured? Hixon is still gonna play..

jomo
10-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I mostly agree but then....

I watch post after post criticizing the organization for not playing this guy and that guy, insulting the coaches who do this for a living when we don't have a clue about anything other than what we see on the field on game days. There are always reasons some players don't break through and this is a perfect example of why coaches should get the benefit of the doubt.I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Because Barden is injured? Hixon is still gonna play.. ya, he'll probably be the 3rd wr, but as u seen between Barden against philly and carolina, the diffrence in chances as a starter and 3rd wr... He'll still have a chance to make impact, but he isn't starting..

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying. I am, as long as its a guy who has had success and is still in the midst of success calling out a rookie whos shown nothing yet.. But any other situation i agree..

jomo
10-04-2012, 01:52 AM
I am, as long as its a guy who has had success and is still in the midst of success calling out a rookie whos shown nothing yet.. But any other situation i agree..I can see the difference in one of the leaders doing it as you suggest. I just see the disfunction going on with that green team that plays in our stadium and worry about the negative potential.........but I worry about alot of stuff that I shouldn't lol.

Captain Chaos
10-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I would be concerned about it if it were a starter and this was something that was controversial, this seems to be common knowledge amongst the players. I think it may be time for Randel to grow up.

NYGabriel
10-04-2012, 07:13 AM
I would be concerned about it if it were a starter and this was something that was controversial, this seems to be common knowledge amongst the players. I think it may be time for Randel to grow up.

Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I can see the difference in one of the leaders doing it as you suggest. I just see the disfunction going on with that green team that plays in our stadium and worry about the negative potential.........but I worry about alot of stuff that I shouldn't lol. lol...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I who blows things out of proportion more....
the media or this board....

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
the media or this board.... This board would terrify the media, haha.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.He didn't run off to reporters, didn't they ask him? Even Eli said the same thing.

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
the media or this board....

haha . . . . good point

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Well he has his chance to prove everyone wrong this week. I don't expect a rookie to play like a 4 year pro and be as good as Nicks, but the work ethic thing is a separate issue. You can deal with rookie mistakes but a work ethic issue could mean the guy is not motivated or lazy. Hopefully this was nothing named into a big something. I do think Resse is a great GM and he drafted the guy and wanted him. Wasn't there something about how they almost drafted him in the 1st round?

GameTime
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Well he has his chance to prove everyone wrong this week. I don't expect a rookie to play like a 4 year pro and be as good as Nicks, but the work ethic thing is a separate issue. You can deal with rookie mistakes but a work ethic issue could mean the guy is not motivated or lazy. Hopefully this was nothing named into a big something. I do think Resse is a great GM and he drafted the guy and wanted him. Wasn't there something about how they almost drafted him in the 1st round?
I give him more than this week to "prove" everyone wrong. And who is everyone BTW???
A rookie deserves more than 5 games to show what he has or doesnt have.....no????

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did. Actually, Eli hinted at it as well.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I give him more than this week to "prove" everyone wrong. And who is everyone BTW??? A rookie deserves more than 5 games to show what he has or doesnt have.....no???? He will likely get his entire rookie contract to show he belongs.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying. On a positive note we should see fewer WTF is Randle threads.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.
Cruz and Eli said the same thing in different ways. Bessides they were asked. The didnt bring it up.
Cruz had to work hard to get where he is at and he only wants the same for Randle.

GreenZone
10-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Cruz and Eli said the same thing in different ways. Besides they were asked. The didnt bring it up.
Cruz had to work hard to get where he is at and he only wants the same for Randle.

Yeah, shark bait for the circling bored reporters. What's funny about this thread is it starts with what the reporters quote (or misquote/misconstrue) as gospel, then goes from questionable assumptions.

Learning this offense vs. learning a simpler offense is the difference between a receiver coming on strong early in the season vs. late in the season.

The fact that Randle may be forced into the lineup before he is ready isn't reason to a) trash him, b) give up on him or c) take credit for if/when he has a good game on Sunday.

It continues to amaze at how gullible people are when it comes to reading the likes of the Post or Daily News controversy stirring reporting manure...or listening to more genius out of Cris Collinsworth, with his drive by analysis.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah, shark bait for the circling bored reporters. What's funny about this thread is it starts with what the reporters quote (or misquote/misconstrue) as gospel, then goes from questionable assumptions. Learning this offense vs. learning a simpler offense is the difference between a receiver coming on strong early in the season vs. late in the season.

The fact that Randle may be forced into the lineup before he is ready isn't reason to a) trash him, b) give up on him or c) take credit for if/when he has a good game on Sunday.

It continues to amaze at how gullible people are when it comes to reading the Post or Daily News controversy stirring reporting time.

all good points...well said

either way the kid deserves time and will get his chances.....

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
We gave Ramses freaking Barden 4 years... we're not about to cut Randle...

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.

I'm not thrilled about it being out in public either. My point, though, is there are always things going on behind the scene we either don't know or don't understand.

fansince69
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm not thrilled about it being out in public either. My point, though, is there are always things going on behind the scene we either don't know or don't understand.

Wait RF...Im confused......don't the fans know every aspect of what goes on both in the locker room and in the coaches/front office's heads?

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Wait RF...Im confused......don't the fans know every aspect of what goes on both in the locker room and in the coaches/front office's heads?

A casual observer would certainly think they had stumbled on a sports think tank. But we more knowledgeable fans know it for what it is:

"The Message Boards for the Criminally Bewildered"

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
The difference with Barden and why they stuck with him is because he has a great work ethic. He always worked out well but it had not translated on the field fast enough for many.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
This board would terrify the media, haha.

This is a rhetorical question, yes?

Cool Papa B.
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
How do you even know exactly what this kid is going through or how much you think he isnt trying hard enough. You are taking a couple of quotes from the media and over reacting big time. Chill out and let the kid mature. If TC didnt trust him he wouldnt be returning punts you get count on that.

It's not just a couple of quotes. It's the Collinsworth statement, and what Eli said yesterday. True, no one knows what was siad exactly about Randle, but there's enough there to bring some concern.

NYGabriel
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It's not just a couple of quotes. It's the Collinsworth statement, and what Eli said yesterday. True, no one knows what was siad exactly about Randle, but there's enough there to bring some concern.

Eli didn't say anything much. Just that Randle is young and learning. Just because the kid isn't playing like a young Randy Moss doesn't mean there is any cause for concern. Eli said he expects him to make plays when called upon.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM

wonder where Collinsworth heard this. Thats hasnt been determined.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
wonder where Collinsworth heard this. Thats hasnt been determined.

I told him over lunch.....These announcers talk to coaches and players all the time, especially in advance of the games they're calling. I can see a scenario where Collinsworth might walk up to a coach, or player, and ask why Randle isn't given more opportunities and the coach, or player, answers the question "anonymously."

GameTime
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I told him over lunch.....These announcers talk to coaches and players all the time, especially in advance of the games they're calling. I can see a scenario where Collinsworth might walk up to a coach, or player, and ask why Randle isn't given more opportunities and the coach, or player, answers the question "anonymously."
he should say that then.

I see the dementia is setting in too.....lol

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM
he should say that then.

But then he risks targeting his source. On this team, TC would not be happy

GameTime
10-04-2012, 04:38 PM
But then he risks targeting his source. On this team, TC would not be happy

ah ha....covert sports coverage

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 04:41 PM
ah ha....covert sports coverage

Exactly, Mr dear Watson

RichGiants81
10-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.

cruz is stepping up as a leader, this is a good thing.

RichGiants81
10-05-2012, 06:25 AM

we all understand now that you dont like the fact that cruz spoke out. you have to realize tho that the heat is getting cranked up on randle now because of the injuries...its no longer alright for him to progress at a "normal" level, he needs to really step it up big time and do alot more than what was originally expected of him this season. if one guy goes out there unprepared, it could ruin everything for the whole team....all it takes is a miscommunication like the one he had in the eagle game and its a pick 6...they are getting on his case because his number just got called and the team is counting on him to show up.

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Manning, Cruz, and Nicks are the leaders of this offense. They have every right to speak up if they feel its necessary. Who ever they're speaking to or about obviously is doing something that needs to be addressed and its in their best interest to listen.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, as a highly drafted rookie he needs to be told to step up. Unreal!

I think we're overreacting. Let's wait and see what he does on Sunday because he is going to be the # 3 receiver. If he steps up, great, if not, they will continue to develop him until he can. In the meantime we have Cruz, Hixon, and Bennett to do the heavy lifting.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I think we're overreacting. Let's wait and see what he does on Sunday because he is going to be the # 3 receiver. If he steps up, great, if not, they will continue to develop him until he can. In the meantime we have Cruz, Hixon, and Bennett to do the heavy lifting.
and dont forget my buddy Pascoe.....
he has 1 TD already......:)

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:03 PM
and dont forget my buddy Pascoe.....
he has 1 TD already......:)

I was actually going to add Beatty but he dropped one :mad: However Pascoe and Hynoski are also available

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I was actually going to add Beatty but he dropped one :mad: However Pascoe and Hynoski are also available
Yes I feel that the Hynocerous and Pascoe will be the key targets for Eli this weekend....well maybe not key but they will get a couple chances anyway...

Would love to see the play they did with jacobs last vs the Cowboys when they threw him and outside seam route. He was all by himself and on his way.

Hyno could def pull that off.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes I feel that the Hynocerous and Pascoe will be the key targets for Eli this weekend....well maybe not key but they will get a couple chances anyway...

Would love to see the play they did with jacobs last vs the Cowboys when they threw him and outside seam route. He was all by himself and on his way.

Hyno could def pull that off.

If I remember correctly, always iffy, that went for 44 yards

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:15 PM
If I remember correctly, always iffy, that went for 44 yards
sounds good to me Pops....

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:38 PM
sounds good to me Pops....

Have you seen my walker?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Have you seen my walker?
probably next to your portable commode.....

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
probably next to your portable commode.....

I just strap it on now, saves me having to think about....well, you know

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I just strap it on now, saves me having to think about....well, you know

:cool:....great for tailgating too.......

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:43 PM
:cool:....great for tailgating too.......

LMAO

BADDA BING!

zimonami
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Have you seen my walker?
Johnny?

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Johnny?

Mmmmmmmmm