Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Hakeem Nicks (knee, foot)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

JUST ABOUT EVERY ONE OF THEM IS A STARTER. WTF

Seriously though, we need a new strength and conditioning coach. A new warm-ups coach. This has been said to be just luck of the draw the past few years, but something has to be wrong. No other team has this many injuries. seriously

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
What week can we reactivate Canty off the PUP?

Moke
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I doubt they are all serious. Most of them are probably going to play.

Morehead State
10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
This is the Injury report before practice Today:

Kenny Phillips (knee)
Ramses Barden (concussion)
Rocky Bernard (quad)
David Baas (hand)
Chris Snee (hip)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

Seriously though, we need a new strength and conditioning coach. A new warm-ups coach. This has been said to be just luck of the draw the past few years, but something has to be wrong. No other team has this many injuries. seriously

There's such a thing as a "warm-ups coach"?

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
We need Coe and Hosley. Rivers hurt is ridiculous too.

Barden got a concussion apparently...

Soooo Hello CRUZ you are the Last Man Standing. You have the most balls, you dont get hurt, and you still catch passes DBL Teamed. We dont pay Crux enough, hes only making like 500k this year, you guys know that, right?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
What week can we reactivate Canty off the PUP?

After week 6

LOOOOOOOOL

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Meanwhile, the 49ers most notable injury is none other than Brandon Jacobs himself. Just makes me laugh but like in the past, we will prevail.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Lol, likely not. But clearly, allowing these guys to stretch on their own isnt cutting it for some of them. How amny dang "hammys" have we had in the last 4 years? Just stretch the crap out of them before every run, jog, practice, game...and you should be fine.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Meanwhile, the 49ers most notable injury is none other than Brandon Jacobs himself. Just makes me laugh but like in the past, we will prevail.

Jacobs hasn't seen the field all year. The guy is a bum, how do you get hurt without even practicing full speed?

I love the guy but...its pretty fitting that he would be inactive for the first 1/4 of the season

Moke
10-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Jacobs hasn't seen the field all year. The guy is a bum, how do you get hurt without even practicing full speed?

I love the guy but...its pretty fitting that he would be inactive for the first 1/4 of the season

Out of the many years he's been here, how many times has he been injured for a long period of time?

Sorry, I disagree with you. He's not a bum at all. He's actually one of my favorite Giants despite the fact the dumb **** he said at times and the annoying tip toeing which he transferred to Bradshaw.

Morehead State
10-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Getting hurt doesn't make a guy "a bum". there is no virtue in staying healthy. Its just good luck. You aren't tougher if you avoid injury.
Jacobs gets hurt because he has an upright running style and he's 6' 4". He legs are more exposed. Has nothing to do with being a bum.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
He was always a little banged up. He may have played the games, but was not nearly as effective because of his knee/ankle w.e . How do you think Bradshaw got carries in the first place?

Dont get me wrong, I Love the big guy, he used to get me so pumped up when they showed him pregame, rowdyin up the troops. And how vocal he was on the field.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 11:13 AM

Looking at it now, the NFCE always seems to be one of the more banged up divisions in the NFL. I'm feeling a little envious of how really talented teams like the 49ers manage to keep most of their starters healthy throughout the season even though they play some of the most physical football in the league. Jacobs was always relatively healthy and once he headed to the 49ers, he gets injured at the start of the preseason. Just funny.

Morehead State
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
He was always a little banged up. He may have played the games, but was not nearly as effective because of his knee/ankle w.e . How do you think Bradshaw got carries in the first place?

Dont get me wrong, I Love the big guy, he used to get me so pumped up when they showed him pregame, rowdyin up the troops. And how vocal he was on the field.
And yet you called him a bum.......

Moke
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
And yet you called him a bum.......

According to his prognosis, he might be.

Bums are usually loud get pumped up when I walk through NYC!

Does that count?

Blah!

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:16 AM

You're a bum....

Jacobs was a GREAT Giant and will retire as one. Show him the despect he deserves.... he gave us everything he had for yearss.

Morehead State
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
You're a bum....

Jacobs was a GREAT Giant and will retire as one. Show him the despect he deserves.... he gave us everything he had for yearss.
And had nothing but great things to say about our team and our HC after he left......

Flip Empty
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Didn't Nicks break his foot whilst running a drill? Is he a bum, too?

GameTime
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Kenny Phillips (knee)
Rocky Bernard (quad)
David Baas (hand)
Chris Snee (hip)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

hpis, hands, feet, and knees....no issue with strength and conditioning. Hamstrings possibly. But you dont know if these guys are doing what they are supposed to. The trainers can babysit just so much.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok guys, yes they are all BUMS.

Geez, take one word and run with it much?

Jacobs was the man. Hes a bum currently for the niners. Maybe bum isnt the right word....how about letdown? Hes a letdown for the niners so far. No?

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
hpis, hands, feet, and knees....no issue with strength and conditioning. Hamstrings possibly. But you dont know if these guys are doing what they are supposed to. The trainers can babysit just so much.

Yeah, idk I'm just trying to blame someone. It can't be that these players have bad luck/ are frail can it? likely..

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Everyone must admit though, that is a lengthy injury report through 4 games of the season, is it not?

Parademon
10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm sure half those guys on the injury list have minor injuries that won't prevent them from playing Sunday. The Patriots listed Brady as probable with a shoulder injury for like 10yrs straight.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-03-2012, 12:01 PM

I love the guy but...its pretty fitting that he would be inactive for the first 1/4 of the seasonJacobs gut hurt in a Pre-season game, Up until he was injured he had like 34 yds on 4 carries that game. He is in no way a BUM.

HOUSTON -- San Francisco 49ers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers) running back Brandon Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs) injured his left knee in the first quarter of Saturday night's game against the Houston Texans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans).
Jacobs was injured when he was hit by Kareem Jackson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13254/kareem-jackson) at the end of an 8-yard run late in the first quarter. Jacobs remained on the turf for several minutes while trainers talked with him. He was helped to his feet and hopped off the field on his right leg before being placed on a cart and taken to the locker room.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Kenny Phillips (knee)
Rocky Bernard (quad)
David Baas (hand)
Chris Snee (hip)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

The only guys on that list that may not play Sunday is Nicks, Rivers, Coe, Hosley, Phillips and Diehl. If Barden passes the concussion tests later in the week he'll play. Not great but not as daunting as the entire list would indicate. I am also hoping Hosley, Coe and Rivers might be able to go as they've had plenty of rest.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
The only guys on that list that may not play Sunday is Nicks, Rivers, Coe, Hosley and Diehl. If Barden passes the concussion tests later in the week he'll play.When the hell did Barden get a concussion? He was fine on the last play of the game, did it happen during practice?

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Just chiming in to add some love for Jacobs.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
When the hell did Barden get a concussion? He was fine on the last play of the game, did it happen during practice?

They didn't practice yet this week. It could have happened at any point in the game Sunday night.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, idk I'm just trying to blame someone. It can't be that these players have bad luck/ are frail can it? likely..
I hear ya.......I always want to go to other teams sites and look at their entier injury list to compare but I never have that much ambition. I realize some teams suffer more key injuries than others but I bet its relatively the same for all.
I wonder how many of those lsited will actually keep them out.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm worried about Rivers. I thought he looked good and we had a steal, but now with this hammy he is starting to live up to what people think he is: a bust.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I hear ya.......I always want to go to other teams sites and look at their entier injury list to compare but I never have that much ambition. I realize some teams suffer more key injuries than others but I bet its relatively the same for all.
I wonder how many of those lsited will actually keep them out.

Nicks, Phillips, Rivers, Barden are all big concerns.

By the way, I dont rmember hearing Hosley's name at all again in the Philly game. Did he even play at the Nickel? If he did, kudos to him. Thats two games in a row he has been silent, which is nothing but great for a corner.

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Kenny Phillips (knee)
Rocky Bernard (quad)
David Baas (hand)
Chris Snee (hip)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

In all seriousness what would a new do strength and conditioning coach do to prevent ligament injuries... and obviously you're not referring to collision/impact injuries like concussions and Webby's hand injury... Baas' hand, Boley and Snee's hip, hakeem's foot.. etc.

What specific player and injury are you referring to that a new S&C would have helped on?

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 12:22 PM

By the way, I dont rmember hearing Hosley's name at all again in the Philly game. Did he even play at the Nickel? If he did, kudos to him. Thats two games in a row he has been silent, which is nothing but great for a corner.

Hosley was inactive Sunday Night.

CowboysSuck
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Hosley was inactive Sunday Night.

Thought so. So add him to the list of injuries I'm definitely concerned about.

Nicks, Phillips, Rivers, Hosley, Barden.... we need these guys.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Thought so. So add him to the list of injuries I'm definitely concerned about.

Nicks, Phillips, Rivers, Hosley, Barden.... we need these guys.

Hoping Rivers and Hosley can give it a go this week as they have had a ton of rest since the Panthers game. If Barden passes the concussion tests later this week, he'll play. Nicks and Phillips are the real biggies and are probably the most injured.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM

Will Hill played nickle I believe'

Morehead State
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
In all seriousness what would a new do strength and conditioning coach do to prevent ligament injuries... and obviously you're not referring to collision/impact injuries like concussions and Webby's hand injury... Baas' hand, Boley and Snee's hip, hakeem's foot.. etc.

What specific player and injury are you referring to that a new S&C would have helped on?
You know we do complain (and rightly so) about our chronic injury problems over the years......
BUT.....
unlike most other teams, we haven't had the injuries at QB that other teams have. We are just about the only team in the NFL that can say that over the past several years.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Five of the 13 injured Giants are practicing: CB Michael Coe, S Antrel Rolle, LB Keith Rivers, RT David Diehl and CB Jayron Hosley. #NYG

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Five of the 13 injured Giants are practicing: CB Michael Coe, S Antrel Rolle, LB Keith Rivers, RT David Diehl and CB Jayron Hosley. #NYG

Nice! This is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for posting that very positive update lol.

Unfortunately, Ralph also posted that Boley, Snee and Baas aren't practicing. Also no Webster or Barden but Webster won't practice much while in the cast but will play Sundays and if Barden passes the concussion tests later this week he'll also play.

As expected no Nicks nor Phillips.

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 12:39 PM
When the hell did Barden get a concussion? He was fine on the last play of the game, did it happen during practice?

Sometimes the swelling that causes a concussion doesn't manifest itself right after the hit...

Mercury
10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I think some of the injuries are really bruised egos.

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 12:50 PM

The ones I really like to see are Hosley, Rivers, and Rolle. I had a feeling Rolle's knee "injury" is that laceration he suffered from the effects of Camera-Fu, while Rivers and Hosley will both be welcome additions back from their lingering hammies...

Harooni
10-03-2012, 12:54 PM
it does suck but it happens, a lot of bruises and dings when you play football, most will play with it.
here is the cowboys list for example all teams go through it not just us, no need for new coaches.

Albright, Alex LB Neck LP LP LP Out
Austin, Miles WR Hamstring FP FP FP probable
Coleman, Kenyon DE Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Costa, Phil C Back DNP DNP DNP Out
Johnson, Matt S Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Out
Jones, Chris P Left Knee DNP DNP DNP doubtful
Lissemore, Sean DE Chest FP FP FP probable
Ratliff, Jay NT Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Sensabaugh, Gerald S Calf LP LP LP probable
Spears, Marcus DE Knee FP FP FP probable
Spencer, Anthony LB Shoulder DNP DNP DNP questionable
Vickers, Lawrence FB Illness - DNP FP probable
Ware, DeMarcus LB Hamstring FP FP FP probable
Wilber, Kyle LB

GameTime
10-03-2012, 12:56 PM
it does suck but it happens, a lot of bruises and dings when you play football, most will play with it.
here is the cowboys list for example all teams go through it not just us, no need for new coaches.

Albright, Alex LB Neck LP LP LP Out
Austin, Miles WR Hamstring FP FP FP probable
Coleman, Kenyon DE Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Costa, Phil C Back DNP DNP DNP Out
Johnson, Matt S Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Out
Jones, Chris P Left Knee DNP DNP DNP doubtful
Lissemore, Sean DE Chest FP FP FP probable
Ratliff, Jay NT Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Sensabaugh, Gerald S Calf LP LP LP probable
Spears, Marcus DE Knee FP FP FP probable
Spencer, Anthony LB Shoulder DNP DNP DNP questionable
Vickers, Lawrence FB Illness - DNP FP probable
Ware, DeMarcus LB Hamstring FP FP FP probable
Wilber, Kyle LB
thanks....6 are starters too...
as I figured....most teams are in the same boat or similar

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
You know we do complain (and rightly so) about our chronic injury problems over the years......
BUT.....
unlike most other teams, we haven't had the injuries at QB that other teams have. We are just about the only team in the NFL that can say that over the past several years.

If it didn't happen during the 9ers playoff game - I honestly don't know what it will take. Not really interested in finding out. Eli's bones are space-age polymer for sure.

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 01:40 PM
If it didn't happen during the 9ers playoff game - I honestly don't know what it will take. Not really interested in finding out. Eli's bones are space-age polymer for sure.

Eli is made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of... completely indestructible no matter how much you bang it up...

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Eli is made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of... completely indestructible no matter how much you bang it up... Or a Nokia 3310.

C1010
10-03-2012, 03:17 PM

Do you realize he took a direct hit to the knee (pretty ugly one at that) in preseason? Thats why he's missed the season thus far.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 03:21 PM

I think they are called Yoga instructores. lol

Eli is made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of... completely indestructible no matter how much you bang it up...

Eli must be made of something, maybe duct tape. haha

Him getting take out at his knee during the Eagles game sure scared me though. I don't know how that isn't a penelty, he obviously went right at his legs..

joemorrisforprez
10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't know what the explanation is.....maybe the Giants simply have terrible luck every year with injuries.

I don't even like talking about it....I'm very superstitious, and the guys who are healthy right now are pretty much indispensable.

Ruttiger711
10-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Speaking of injuries, dont know if its new news but I just heard Kevin Boss is out for the season because of a week 2 concussion.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 04:16 PM
What week can we reactivate Canty off the PUP?week 7............

Rusty192
10-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Nice! This is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for posting that very positive update lol.yeah, except for the part about Diehl.....

TroyArcher
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I woul dlike to know the additional status which is not current on Giants.com. It seems Barden will not play. Maybe they will have to play Nicks. Giants need a win this week.

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM

There is a little hope.

OX1
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
thanks....6 are starters too...
as I figured....most teams are in the same boat or similar

Rocky Bernard (quad)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Michael Coe (hammy)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

Are they? How many of these "starters" are in because the original starters are already out?

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
yeah, except for the part about Diehl.....HAHA

miked1958
10-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Kenny Phillips (knee)
Rocky Bernard (quad)
David Baas (hand)
Chris Snee (hip)
Keith Rivers (hammy)
Antrel Rolle (knee)
Corey Webster (hand)
Michael Boley (hip)
Michael Coe (hammy)
David Diehl (knee)
Jayron Hosley (hammy)

Seriously though, we need a new strength and conditioning coach. A new warm-ups coach. This has been said to be just luck of the draw the past few years, but something has to be wrong. No other team has this many injuries. seriouslyBack on the 86 and 90- SB winning teams Strength and Condition was one of our STRONG POINTS. Our Coach back then recieved praise for how most of our guys stayed off the injured list. Now i realize we lost Simms but overall both those title winning teams pretty much stayed healthy.. Now its the opposite and are weakest area

joeybagadonutz23
10-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I love posts suggesting to fire the strength/conditioning coaches. Hilarious. Injuries happen in football. They happen in football practice. They happen walking up and down stairs. They happen while sleeping.

Until Eli or Cruz becomes visibly fat, I'm good with our current staff. If I was going to complain about anything it would be the artificial surfaces.

Expecting injury-free football is just not realistic.

Rusty192
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
HAHASome tongue and cheek on my part. I'm glad Diehl is not hurt anymore, he's a great guy and I love listening to his interviews. I hope that if he gets into the lineup, he can help the team. I really hope.

Harooni
10-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Eli is made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of... completely indestructible no matter how much you bang it up... Yes all you had to do was blow into it and boom it was working great again.