PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden Unlikely to Play vs. Browns.....Concussion.....

Cool Papa B.
10-03-2012, 01:24 PM
According to the report, it is unclear when Barden suffered the concussion. Though he grabbed just two receptions for 36 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles, the 26-year-old receiver was on the field for 43 of the Giants' 68 snaps and was never seen leaving the field with an injury.....

How the heck did that happen?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1357063-ramses-barden-injury-updates-on-giants-wrs-concussion

njg85m
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Maybe someone can clarify, but isn't a ruled concussion automatically mean a player is sitting for a game? I've been assuming that he was out this week regardless.

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this, injury rules and 'unwritten' injury rules are tough to keep up with these days.

Rudyy
10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Bleacher Report..

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe someone can clarify, but isn't a ruled concussion automatically mean a player is sitting for a game? I've been assuming that he was out this week regardless.

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this, injury rules and 'unwritten' injury rules are tough to keep up with these days.

Absolutely not. He must pass the concussion tests later this week and if he does he will be likely cleared to play. Bleacher Report is garbage ignore them.

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
How the heck did that happen?

At 6'6", probably walked into an overhead fan.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:38 PM

My understanding is they have to pass an "independent" medical examination before they can practice. Josh Cribbs was knocked out last Thursday and he's practicing today.

BeatYale
10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Maybe it happened late in the game, on the second PI call by the Eagles? Looked like he took a shot to the head from a defender and had a rough landing.

...or maybe it happened after the game via voodoo from Nnamdi as payback for poking his eye.

TheAnalyst
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I cant believe our WR corps are now being decimated. Maybe we can bring in Douglas off the PS now and see what he has. It has to be more then what JJ brings us.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I cant believe our WR corps are now being decimated. Maybe we can bring in Douglas off the PS now and see what he has. It has to be more then what JJ brings us.

Randle is the next man up, then Jernigan

nycisgreat
10-03-2012, 01:51 PM

I do not want to see butterfinger JJ any where near the ball except if he starts playing defense. I don't see what he brings to the table.

TheAnalyst
10-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah, but Jernigan will be on the field now at times as the 4th WR with Nicks and Barden out.

Cool Papa B.
10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Here's another news outlet with the same story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20442256/giants-injury-report-ramses-barden-listed-with-concussion

Cool Papa B.
10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Here's another news outlet with the same story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20442256/giants-injury-report-ramses-barden-listed-with-concussion

njg85m
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
My understanding is they have to pass an "independent" medical examination before they can practice. Josh Cribbs was knocked out last Thursday and he's practicing today.

Thanks Roanoke, that's exactly what I was thinking of but couldn't remember.

IIRC - There was a lot of scrutiny about team Dr's clearing players before they should have so the league wound up ordering independent evaluations in addition.
Thanks again

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I do not want to see butterfinger JJ any where near the ball except if he starts playing defense. I don't see what he brings to the table.

Decent punt returns

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks Roanoke, that's exactly what I was thinking of but couldn't remember.

IIRC - There was a lot of scrutiny about team Dr's clearing players before they should have so the league wound up ordering independent evaluations in addition.
Thanks again

I think the NFL, in the face of all of the lawsuits from former players, thought it best to eliminate any question of their being serious about brain damage.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, but Jernigan will be on the field now at times as the 4th WR with Nicks and Barden out.

He will indeed if for nothing else than to be a decoy to deal with.

Shockeystays08
10-03-2012, 02:16 PM
At 6'6", probably walked into an overhead fan.
;)!

TheShouldersOf
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Hopefully he finally gets more than limited opportunites, gets more passes/targets

OX1
10-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Rex says your only allowed to move a RB to corner, not WR's.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-03-2012, 03:12 PM

I would love to this happen as well.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Rex says your only allowed to move a RB to corner, not WR's.

lolol, Rex is the all knowing one.. so you might want to listen to his advice..