PDA

View Full Version : David Diehl returns but Giants' practice without two starting linemen

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/david_diehl_returns_but_giants.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Right tackle David Diehl was back on the practice field today, taking a limited number of reps, for the first time since spraining his MCL against the Buccaneers.

But the Giants still worked without two starting offensive linemen: center David Baas (hand) and right guard Chris Snee (hip). While practice was open to the media, Baas watched position drills from the side with his right arm taped up, while Snee stayed inside working out.

Baas has a swollen hand but declined to say when it happened. He said he'll practice Thursday and is "not worried" about playing this week against the Browns. The goal today was to minimize the swelling, which he says "tends to go a lot of different places," resulting in his entire arm being taped up." Read more...

gmen0820
10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Welcome back Diehl, feel free to pick up right where you left off....

Getting Eli and our RBs killed.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 04:13 PM
oh God nooooooo.......seriously though I really want DD to do good but he just can't do it anymore for a full game imho.....I hope TC makes the right decision about what do do with DD.

moosedrool
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
TC put Bradshaw right back in there when he got healthy. He'll probably do the same with Diehl. I hope I am wrong.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm sure Diehl was just filling in for the injured players and will be depth for the Cleveland game...I hope.

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 04:33 PM
TC put Bradshaw right back in there when he got healthy. He'll probably do the same with Diehl. I hope I am wrong.no offense I hope your wrong too...

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 04:44 PM
TC put Bradshaw right back in there when he got healthy. He'll probably do the same with Diehl. I hope I am wrong.

Should Baas and Snee not be able to go, what choices do we really have? Sit Diehl and put Petrus and Cordle in? If so, where? Cordle at center probably, Petrus???

GameTime
10-03-2012, 04:53 PM

sorry but he desreves respect....
so shut up....

GameTime
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Baas said the swelling moves around at dif places on his arm?? Thats odd. Doesnt sound like an isolated joint injury??

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 05:00 PM
DD might play LG and Boothe C if Baas can't go. Even if Baas can go, some derpy snaps make me wonder. Losing ball control is the one way to be introduced to the bench...

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Baas said the swelling moves around at dif places on his arm?? Thats odd. Doesnt sound like an isolated joint injury??

I was thinking an insect bite type of issue???

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:01 PM
DD might play LG and Boothe C if Baas can't go. Even if Baas can go, some derpy snaps make me wonder. Losing ball control is the one way to be introduced to the bench...

This has to just drain the life out of a coaching staff.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:03 PM

And then Cordle or Petrus for Snee?

Toadofsteel
10-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm thinking Cordle, but really it's a toss-up from the fan's perspective, since we haven't seen much of either in action since the preseason...

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking Cordle, but really it's a toss-up from the fan's perspective, since we haven't seen much of either in action since the preseason...

I guess I'm hung up on Petrus having been released.

Redeyejedi
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking Cordle, but really it's a toss-up from the fan's perspective, since we haven't seen much of either in action since the preseason...Not matter what, its a really bad situation

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Not matter what, its a really bad situation

Backups on the interior Oline plus Ahtyba Rubin and T.J. Ward = a possible lack of significant running game. Might be up to Eli and the receiving team to win another one for us.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Backups on the interior Oline plus Ahtyba Rubin and T.J. Ward = a possible lack of significant running game. Might be up to Eli and the receiving team to win another one for us.
While Weeden and Richardson are only rookies, i understand that, still they arent exactly lighting it up.
TR has a 3.5 ypc and 55 ypg.
Weeden is a little over 50% completion 7 picks and 3 TDs with a rating of about 60.
If the Giants dont win this game thery have serious issues....

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Not matter what, its a really bad situation

That it is

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
You have to wonder, they could just swap Baas and Boothe then slide Diehl in if Snee can't go....

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
You have to wonder, they could just swap Baas and Boothe then slide Diehl in if Snee can't go....

True, if Baas' only deficit is handling the ball.

gmen0820
10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
sorry but he desreves respect....so shut up....I showed my respect by welcoming him back.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Most will respect him for being Giant, but he has not played well for a while now.

tonyt830
10-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Should Baas and Snee not be able to go, what choices do we really have? Sit Diehl and put Petrus and Cordle in? If so, where? Cordle at center probably, Petrus???In that scenario(Baas and Snee out), maybe they put Boothe at center? Cordle at RG? Petrus at LG?

Or do they leave Boothe at LG, and like you said plug Cordle in at C and Petrus at RG?

Do they dare put Diehl in at either guard position in that case?

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Most will respect him for being Giant, but he has not played well for a while now.

exactly.....it happens to many players. Their abilities fall off at some point. No reason to say the guy sucks or he's a bum or whatever.
There are many ways to say things. Deihl deserves respect IMO.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I showed my respect by welcoming him back.
then you disrespected him....I think he doesnt deserve that. From a fan's perspective its a bush league comment....

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 10:59 AM
In that scenario(Baas and Snee out), maybe they put Boothe at center? Cordle at RG? Petrus at LG?

Or do they leave Boothe at LG, and like you said plug Cordle in at C and Petrus at RG?

Do they dare put Diehl in at either guard position in that case?

My guess earlier in the thread if Baas and Snee are out was Diehl LG, Boothe C, Cordle RG. If only Baas is out, just put Snee back in his RG position and Cordle at LG. If only Snee is out, Boothe plays C and Cordle LG.

gmen0820
10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
There are many ways to say things.Correct, there are. Which is why instead of calling Diehl out for being the **** tackle he is, I phrased it as to show his effect on other players.

Further, there are many better ways to get your disapproval across to other people than "so shut up...".

bigblue58
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
YIPEEEEEE....the most prolific turnstile on the Giants OL is coming back? Peachy!
The most important date missing from Diehl's NFL resume' is "RETIRED 2010"

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 01:02 PM
There was another thread with Vacchiano (or however you spell his name) saying that Snee and Baas are both back...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Correct, there are. Which is why instead of calling Diehl out for being the **** tackle he is, I phrased it as to show his effect on other players.

Further, there are many better ways to get your disapproval across to other people than "so shut up...".

you are correct.....

GameTime
10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
YIPEEEEEE....the most prolific turnstile on the Giants OL is coming back? Peachy!
The most important date missing from Diehl's NFL resume' is "RETIRED 2010"
another who lacks respect for a good Giants player who has given his 100% all the time...
nice....

TheEnigma
10-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I like Diehl on the team but just not as a starter. We're getting good play out of our tackles currently and I'd hate to see that messed with.

bigblue58
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM
another who lacks respect for a good Giants player who has given his 100% all the time...
nice....

Hey...it's like i told my daughter when I said her painting of me sucked...."I criticize for only one reason......I appreciate what you've done and I love you"!

bigblue58
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm KIDDING....I would never say my daughter's painting of me sucked! But the sentiment in reference to Diehl is true. I love what the guy has been as a Giant, but it's clear that he's not the same player anymore....we all get old, it's a sad fact of life.

TheAnalyst
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Next year we need to address the basics in the draft and FA, the DLine and Oline.

GMan-67
10-09-2012, 10:34 PM
biz as usual ... haha and fans cheering for Diehl's injury still ... he's been here awhile and Eli hasnt missed a game DUH ! ... these fair weather / bandwagon fans are worse than ever

direct product of winning the Super Bowl ... you get the no nothing leftover any bandwagon fans ... pffftt

sharick88
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM

Haha, that is sooooo wrong!!! Seriously, he should be riding pine. Of course he will come back and start because team philosophy is that no one loses their job to injury. LOL

sharick88
10-10-2012, 02:21 PM
biz as usual ... haha and fans cheering for Diehl's injury still ... he's been here awhile and Eli hasnt missed a game DUH ! ... these fair weather / bandwagon fans are worse than ever

direct product of winning the Super Bowl ... you get the no nothing leftover any bandwagon fans ... pffftt

Personally, I would never cheer after any player in the NFL gets hurt. That is downright sick. I don't have a real problem with bandwagon fans. They just come with constant winning. Yeah, some of their takes are pretty damn stupid, but they are what they are.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 02:45 PM
With the OLine seeming to have improved a little, I think they will ease him back in so that's he's 100 % healthy when he takes the field.

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Diehl hopefully stays on the bench as back up. The line looks good! Snee and Baas off injury report too.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Can we bury this thread now? This was about last week and everytime I see it im like WTF did more linemen go down now?