PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Rueben Randle bushes aside work ethic concerns

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_rueben_randle_brushes_a.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Rueben Randle knows what Chris Collinsworth said about him in Sunday night's NBC broadcast. He is aware Collinsworth questioned his work ethic on national television -- a few of his Twitter followers made sure of that.

But he wasn't aware that Victor Cruz did the same in a New York Post report (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/calls_for_rookie_to_step_up_effort_ddR8QqGodObdQ99 4rv33OK) published today. In the article, Cruz questioned the rookie wide receiver's attitude and professionalism.

"I donít know anything about it so I'm not sure what Victor has said," Randle said this afternoon. "It's my first time hearing about it."

Randle, a second-round pick, said coaches haven't asked him to pick up the effort, but to "play faster" and study both film and the playbook more." Read more...

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
This could turn into a huge mess..

GameTime
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
nah.....only in the media

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM

Probably not. This stuff makes a big splash out here but not so much in the locker room

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Fight club! Go!

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Fight club! Go!

LOL I think players have a way of getting a point across without drawing swords.

He acknowledges the coaches have told him to practice (play) "faster." Could that explain his taking 27 snaps in the Panther's game with one catch?

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
LOL I think players have a way of getting a point across without drawing swords.

He acknowledges the coaches have told him to practice (play) "faster." Could that explain his taking 27 snaps in the Panther's game without a target?

Yeah, I'm sure it's not him being a lazy bum, he's in shape and working the game speed just isn't there yet it seems. He might not of been open all 27 of those snaps, mind you some were running plays too I'm sure. I think he will be fine the harder he practices and the more snaps he gets. Maybe it will all come together this game with Barden and Nicks probably out.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's not him being a lazy bum, he's in shape and working the game speed just isn't there yet it seems. He might not of been open all 27 of those snaps, mind you some were running plays too I'm sure. I think he will be fine the harder he practices and the more snaps he gets. Maybe it will all come together this game with Barden and Nicks probably out.

It will be a huge opportunity for him to step into the # 3 role.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 05:32 PM
hopefully he can get a few catches under his belt to gain some most likely needed confindence. He will be single up anytime he is in.

EnragedYouth85
10-03-2012, 05:34 PM

I'm confident in all the WR's on this roster. As long as they run the routes they are suppose to, give 100%, catch the balls and help Eli with checkdowns when under pressure we should be fine! Of course we will miss Nicks but I feel we can do well without them as long as the recievers step up!

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:35 PM
hopefully he can get a few catches under his belt to gain some most likely needed confindence. He will be single up anytime he is in.

It will be a huge opportunity for him, let's hope he's up to the challenge

egyptian420
10-03-2012, 05:43 PM
This could turn into a huge mess..I'm actually thinking the opposite. I think this might ignite the fire in him.

Watch him bust out a game like Cruz' first performance against the Eagles

Eliscruzzz
10-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm actually thinking the opposite. I think this might ignite the fire in him.

Watch him bust out a game like Cruz' first performance against the EaglesI think that too and Cruz did pretty damn good against the Eagles Sunday too.

egyptian420
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I think that too and Cruz did pretty damn good against the Eagles Sunday too.I know....I have him on my fantasy ;)

BigBlueAllDay
10-03-2012, 06:13 PM
If anyone hasn't noticed, Reuben Randle has been the Punt Returner for the Giants. It's not like he's warming the bench sinorice moss style. WR reps are not as easily to come by when playing behind Nicks (injured), Cruz, Hixon, and Barden, but he's not a complete bench warmer either.

NorwoodBlue
10-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Randle has looked pretty clueless in the games. It looks like he doesn't know the routes he's suposed to be running and can't make the proper read. Eli looked pretty frustrated a couple times he tried to throw to him. The lack of effort seemed to be pretty apparent. I wonder if he's picking up the offense like he's supposed to. Not applying himself could certainly be the cause of the complaints. Hopefully, it lights a fire under him, and he gets brings his game up a few knotches. His punt returns have looked good; but that's a matter of natural talent, more than operating as part of the team.

Come on Rueben, we need you!

GameTime
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
If anyone hasn't noticed, Reuben Randle has been the Punt Returner for the Giants. It's not like he's warming the bench sinorice moss style. WR reps are not as easily to come by when playing behind Nicks (injured), Cruz, Hixon, and Barden, but he's not a complete bench warmer either.
I did mention that and I also backed it up with saying how much TC must trust him to do that. You know how Tom is about muffed catches on punts...

embeshAtYa
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
ugh Barden isnt that good

Breezely
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
JOMO said it and I agree with him, this stuff needs to be handled in house.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Too late for that

Captain Chaos
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Obviously that wasn't working.....

Redeyejedi
10-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe Randle should curl into a ball when he is thrown a pass in the middle of the field like u Victor

GameTime
10-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Maybe Randle should curl into a ball when he is thrown a pass in the middle of the field like u Victor
Thats hard Bro.....ouch

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 07:12 PM

That's a little harsh.. Not a Cruz fan I guess

giantsfan420
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
and when has cruz ever done that either? sure i've seen him brace for contact after catching it vs SF in the NFC CG, but I've never seen Cruz "alligator arm" it over the middle...

GMAN2K9
10-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Randle has looked pretty clueless in the games. It looks like he doesn't know the routes he's suposed to be running and can't make the proper read. Eli looked pretty frustrated a couple times he tried to throw to him. The lack of effort seemed to be pretty apparent. I wonder if he's picking up the offense like he's supposed to. Not applying himself could certainly be the cause of the complaints. Hopefully, it lights a fire under him, and he gets brings his game up a few knotches. His punt returns have looked good; but that's a matter of natural talent, more than operating as part of the team.

Come on Rueben, we need you!

Even if he's overwhelmed getting up to speed with NFL / Giants offense, the last #82 did pretty well for us being clueless ALL THE TIME.

I think Randle will show some flashes this season... he's a gifted receiver AND Eli Manning makes EVERYONE around him look good

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 09:05 PM
How can anyone bash Cruz?

Giant stuck in Texas
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Cruz take a good long minute to learn the offense as well?

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
How can anyone bash Cruz?

One of life's many mysteries

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Back to Randle, I hope this is just the media stirring things up.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Back to Randle, I hope this is just the media stirring things up.

He is going to have a golden opportunity on Sunday's game. We'll see what he does with the chances he gets.

Buddy333
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
No doubt. It's right there for he taking.

bearbryant
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Exactly right... This will be a great opportunity to show evryone just why we drafted him in the second round. When I watched him get drafted, I immediately thought about Amani Toomer and how he took a little time to get used to the NFL game, But when he did, Oh Boy!!!

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
pretty funny i was super against this pick when we made it.. The guy never did nothing at LSU, and just seemed like another guy to me.. Sure he didn't have any really great QB play, but when ur supposed to be very good, u just find ways to be more involved.. I was extremely worried about this pick, and this dosen't make me feel any better about it..

Of course, he could end up being a stud, but my worries about the pick are enhanced with this story breaking...

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's not him being a lazy bum, he's in shape and working the game speed just isn't there yet it seems. He might not of been open all 27 of those snaps, mind you some were running plays too I'm sure. I think he will be fine the harder he practices and the more snaps he gets. Maybe it will all come together this game with Barden and Nicks probably out.Obviously, if the coaches tell you to step it into high gear during practice, he is tippy toeing while expecting to play and grow. Duh, he is an idiot just like MM was during his tenure here. Cruz is giving him a heads-up and hopefully he takes it all to heart and does so.

Otherwise, be gone, next man up!!!!

GameTime
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
much ado about nothing...
the kid will be fine and start to contribute come Sunday.
'Heck he already has. He is returning punts. TC trusts him.....

jomo
10-04-2012, 12:33 AM
It will be a huge opportunity for him, let's hope he's up to the challengeRarely do you get to respond on the field to criticism so quickly.. Looking for good things from him on Sunday. go Blue!!

giantsfam04
10-04-2012, 05:38 AM
I live in the south and got to watch a lot of LSU games, he can play ball. Going from the system in college that LSU ran to what the Giants run is like doing basic addition and jumping to quantum physics. Also, next to the qb position wr is the toughest transition to make. He may be tip toeing around but I don't think it has anything to do with him being lazy, I think he is just so used to being able to rely on his ability alone.

Kruunch
10-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Randle, a second-round pick, said coaches haven't asked him to pick up the effort, but to "play faster" and study both film and the playbook more."

They didn't ask me not to come back to the training facility ... only that I was fired.

gumby74
10-04-2012, 08:29 AM
much ado about nothing...
the kid will be fine and start to contribute come Sunday.
'Heck he already has. He is returning punts. TC trusts him.....

Where there's smoke there is usually fire. And that's what scares me.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Where there's smoke there is usually fire. And that's what scares me.
dont be scared.....:)

if you see smoke you put it out before it flares up. This will "extinguished" by Randle himself. Sunday he will step up and have a solid game.