PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the mix will be between Bradshaw, Brown, and Wilson?

joemorrisforprez
10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?

brad
10-03-2012, 08:50 PM
I think we will slowly start to see Bradshaw getting less of the workload, but doubt we will see him go less than 50%. How the other 50% would break down will depend on how well Brown and Wilson do individually.

I don't know that Wilson is very good in pass protection, but I think we will start to see him getting more of a role in 3rd down passing situations, similar to how Megget was used. He could end up being a major threat in those quick passes coming out of the backfield.

.scrimmage.
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Try em all and then ride the hot hand

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
You think they'll go with another 85% / 13% / 2% snap mix like in the Eagles loss, or get Brown and Wilson into the gameplan?

It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.

TheEnigma
10-03-2012, 11:35 PM
65%/25%/10% seems like an ideal place to start at. 1 snap isn't going to help anyone get more opportunities when the defenses know what you are in there for. By the end of the season, I'd really like to hit the 20%/40%/40% mix

jomo
10-04-2012, 12:26 AM
It really depends on whether we actually have a running game or not.It also depends on who we are playing and how the hot hand is running that day.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 02:01 AM
ppl need to realize what situational football means...u cant break down how the carries will look before hand...well i guess u could but what ud really be doing is predicting what situations we'll face % wise.
meaning, if we continually have 3rd and long situations, its tough to get wilson in.
if u have a bunch of 3rd and shorts, wilson/brown would have more situations he could be used in.
the score, how the OL is doing, how the rb's are doing...theres too many variables for someone to break down "bradhsaw-83%, brown-12%. wilson-5%"...at least imho.
if its a close game, i'd expect 44 to play a majority bc of his experience...

TheShouldersOf
10-04-2012, 02:09 AM
i'd love to see Wilson get far more carries

BlueBlooded1979
10-04-2012, 02:51 AM
Whether it is injuries, wear or scheme Brown is a better back than Bradshaw is right now. He makes decisive cuts and get N/S real quick. He should be starting and Bradshaw should be spelling him. Bradshaw was best when he was getting 30%-35% of the carries.

Wilson is a ST star and a dud in the offense. Let him focus on returns for now. Give Scott reps when we need a change of pace guy. He has a year in the system and should be ready for a bigger role

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 03:09 AM
ppl need to realize what situational football means...u cant break down how the carries will look before hand...well i guess u could but what ud really be doing is predicting what situations we'll face % wise.
meaning, if we continually have 3rd and long situations, its tough to get wilson in.
if u have a bunch of 3rd and shorts, wilson/brown would have more situations he could be used in.
the score, how the OL is doing, how the rb's are doing...theres too many variables for someone to break down "bradhsaw-83%, brown-12%. wilson-5%"...at least imho.
if its a close game, i'd expect 44 to play a majority bc of his experience...

Definitely a situational thing. It will be based on who creates the best mismatch against specific defenses and exploiting their weakness. There won't be specific percentages...and it might be from game to game. The problem is that no one has shown to be a clear number 1 though I think that Brown has shown the most positive, where Wilson has shown the most positive in kick returns.

Wilson right now is serving his apprenticeship and taking lumps on Special Teams.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 04:09 AM
It also depends on who we are playing and how the hot hand is running that day. I don't know what the problems are with the running game, but I was surprised we didn't use Brown more against the Eagles.

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 05:03 AM
I don't know what the problems are with the running game, but I was surprised we didn't use Brown more against the Eagles.

I was wondering the same. I am wondering if the coaches saw something that made them think Bradshaw would be better v. the Eagles or they held on to the belief that a player cannot lose his job due to injury? I think they should've sat Bradshaw at least another week and ease him back in as an excuse to see more what Brown could do. I know he was cleared by the doctors but I am sure they could've milked it.

Captain Chaos
10-04-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't think we will see much difference in the Brown's game.

miked1958
10-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Try em all and then ride the hot handDuring giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 06:08 AM
i think its nuts that its not more 50/50ish.. To be honest, i'm in favor of Brown getting the work untill he prooves he can't handle it.. The guy runs through holes hard and don't skip around... I appreciate bradshaw, and hes solid, but hes injury prone, and why not try and keep em alittle healthier?

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Bradshaw will get every opportunity to derail the running game that Im sure of

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 08:05 AM
i think its nuts that its not more 50/50ish.. To be honest, i'm in favor of Brown getting the work untill he prooves he can't handle it.. The guy runs through holes hard and don't skip around... I appreciate bradshaw, and hes solid, but hes injury prone, and why not try and keep em alittle healthier?A lot of these vets on this team look on the edge of being done to me

gumby74
10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
i think its nuts that its not more 50/50ish.. To be honest, i'm in favor of Brown getting the work untill he prooves he can't handle it.. The guy runs through holes hard and don't skip around... I appreciate bradshaw, and hes solid, but hes injury prone, and why not try and keep em alittle healthier?

My thing with Brown also is that even though our oline sucks and we may only avg 3 yards a carry, he'll be those 2-3 yards every carry. Bradshaw on the other hand can a bunch of 0's, and 1's, then bust one for 12 - making the average ...3 ypc. I'd rather have consistency.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Whatever the % are Brown should, IMO, get more than the 5 carries he had in the Eagle game.

GIANTSED101
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
During the Eagles game it seemed to me that Coughlin was pretty much trying to see if the running game had improved because of Brown, the offensive line, or both.. He had Bradshaw carry majority of the load to kind of see if Bradshaw could have the same results behind the same offensive line, which is the reason for the limited carries for Brown. Obviously that didn't work out. I'm thinking they'll split the carries around 40-40 between AB1 & Ab2 and put in a play here of there for D-Wil.

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
It's too bad that we don't do trick plays... imagine lining up split backs AB2 and Wilson. Eli hands it off to AB2 and develops the play to run off the right guard, but then AB2 turns around and flea flickers it to Wilson, who cuts off to the left.

Fharcyde
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Brown seems more patient for his blocks to develop while Bradshaw will cut back and forth between the first hole he sees. It seems like Brown is always falling forward when he runs too. I'd like to see at the very least a 50/50 split between Bradshaw and Brown but I don't know how likely that is.

GIANTSED101
10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
It's too bad that we don't do trick plays... imagine lining up split backs AB2 and Wilson. Eli hands it off to AB2 and develops the play to run off the right guard, but then AB2 turns around and flea flickers it to Wilson, who cuts off to the left.

Didn't they try doing something creative with AB1 and D-Wil in the Eagles game? I thought they were in split backfield in the shot gun formation when Eli rolled right and tried to shuffle it to Wilson. Of course he dropped it.

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Didn't they try doing something creative with AB1 and D-Wil in the Eagles game? I thought they were in split backfield in the shot gun formation when Eli rolled right and tried to shuffle it to Wilson. Of course he dropped it.

I wasn't aware that AB1 was in that formation... I thought it was just a traditional shovel pass. Wilson said he was looking more downfield than at the ball, but then again Cruz was guilty of that as well this year, so I'm not ready to crucify him on it or say we shouldn't ever run that play... Wilson just has to work on wrapping that up a little bit better is all...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I wasn't aware that AB1 was in that formation... I thought it was just a traditional shovel pass. Wilson said he was looking more downfield than at the ball, but then again Cruz was guilty of that as well this year, so I'm not ready to crucify him on it or say we shouldn't ever run that play... Wilson just has to work on wrapping that up a little bit better is all...
the shuffle pass is a very quick and bang bang type play. Eli got it to him high on the back shoulder. Not easy to pull down running across at good speed.

GIANTSED101
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM

I believe Ahmad was on the right and Wilson was on the left, Eli faked a quick toss to Bradshaw and tried shuffling it to Wilson.

I agree, for some reason it seems like he's just trying to do to much to fast instead of just taking his time and letting the game develope.

jakegibbs
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM

33.333% would be wonderbar.

Fharcyde
10-04-2012, 03:41 PM
You have to figure in pass protection along with the element of surprise in too. Bradshaw is probably the best pass blocking back we have. If Andre Brown comes in and gets a handoff every time he's in, they'll expect it's a run. If one running back is getting a large percentage of the snaps they'll be forced to play both the run and the pass. I think they have more confidence in Bradshaw knowing his assignments more-so than giving one back an amount of carries. It'd be nice to see Brown get some more snaps though. I don't think Wilson is ready for the burden yet.

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Everyone knocks on Wilson for his supposed "poor pass blocking"

Heres a novel idea:
How about we actually put him in there and see if he really is sub-par? If he is, experience will only help!! (ala garbage time in Carolina)...and no Wilson?!?! are u f'ing kidding me.

joemorrisforprez
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.

I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.

UK-Giantsfan
10-05-2012, 04:33 AM
During giants Rewind, Carl Banks mentioned if AB1 stayed behind Baas and didn't bounce outside that play at end of game when he got only 1 yard prior to the barden PI play it would have gone for 7/8 yards easy.That's what the knock on AB 1 is. Not willg to let play develop and always try's to dance outside. Had Andre brown been In game we prob win. He would of followed the block and ran right behind baas and then we are in a whole differs position. Instead of 2nd and 9 it's more like 2nd and 2/3 yards. It would have certainly changed the thought process for the next play.

This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 04:53 AM
I was thinking about that play too.....I didn't watch the replay, but I'll take Bank's word for it. And this happens VERY often.

1st and 10, inside FG range.....one crappy yard, due to jumping out of the play. If Banks is right, then that's the damn ball game right there......you're looking at a field goal attempt of less than 40 yards.

I'm so tired of watching Bradshaw bail out early.

0-2 right now as a starter. I just don't get what the attraction is. Put a damn fullback in there if it's all about pass protection and getting 3 yards per carry.

Resurrect the wishbone I still say.

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Heres a novel idea:
How about we actually put him in there and see if he really is sub-par? If he is, experience will only help!! (ala garbage time in Carolina)...and no Wilson?!?! are u f'ing kidding me.

Yeah that irked me too... who cares if Wilson fumbles in garbage time, we still have the game locked up. If he DOES fumble again, then you know he still needs more work. However, his work on the return game seems to prove that he HAS worked on it (no fumbles against the Eagles, and massive returns to the point where the philthy fans started booing their own special teams).

However, I think his pass blocking may very well indeed need improvement, hence, his appearance as a KR. That role allows him to focus on refining his running style, work on his ball security, gets him the ball in open space where he's most effective, and doesn't require him to pass protect.

I know we were all going into the season thinking he'd split carries with Bradshaw, but I don't think any of us expected Brown to step up the way he did. Even I, a big supporter of Brown, was surprised (pleasantly) by what happened vs TB and Carolina. He fits into the more Jacobs role of a power back. It's not the exact same thing, as Brown isn't as big as Jacobs, but on the other hand he waits for the right hole to develop and hits it at full power, not to mention he gets lower than Jacobs ever did. I was surprised that they didn't utilize Brown's ability to run up the middle to exploit the crap out of that wide 9 gimmick BS. That was just a MASSIVE lost opportunity there. Not saying take Bradshaw out, but split carries 50/50 as opposed to the 70/30 that it was.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Heres a novel idea:
I kinda trust the coaches as to what he can and cannot do yet.....

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:14 PM
This is a great point .......which i was furiously shouting at the TV about at the time ...........we are kicking a 38 yarder there if Brown had been in the game ...and Haggis would have nailed it

Bradshaw's impatient running style was tolerated because years ago he had the explosiveness to turn a busted play into a gain.

But it's not there anymore.....hasn't been there since 2010. So maybe he should run the ****ing play, as it's called, or sit down and let someone else try.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I've got this crazy ****ing idea.

Last time I checked, Wilson was a RUNNING BACK......not a wide receiver, and not a fullback. Maybe the Giants could *****GASP***** line Wilson up in an I-Formation and *****GASP*****........ HAND OFF the ball and let him RUN with it????

I know, I know......I'm nuts for thinking they should use Wilson as a running back. Sorry.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Anyone else notice a trend here?

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/3044/bradshaw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/bradshaw.jpg/)

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
You know who else was a RUNNING BACK? Tyrone Wheatley...

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
You know who else was a RUNNING BACK? Tyrone Wheatley...

The Giants bailed on him like Bradshaw bails on the gameplan.

TheShouldersOf
10-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I've got this crazy ****ing idea.

Last time I checked, Wilson was a RUNNING BACK......not a wide receiver, and not a fullback. Maybe the Giants could *****GASP***** line Wilson up in an I-Formation and *****GASP*****........ HAND OFF the ball and let him RUN with it????

I know, I know......I'm nuts for thinking they should use Wilson as a running back. Sorry.

I concur highly

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The Giants bailed on him like Bradshaw bails on the gameplan.

We get it, you don't like Bradshaw. Do you really have to reiterate your stance in every thread?