PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the word CLUTCH!

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I am so tired of members saying Clutch this and Clutch that. As far as I am concerned, Clutch is a term used for winning. We DO not win every game, We do not have the best running numbers, We do not have the Highest passing numbers, and we certainly do NOT play Clutch on Defense. The only thing that is clutch around the Giants is the FANS.

That is my take on the word "CLUTCH". Eli isnt, Tynes isnt, Defense isnt. Together Maybe we can make one entire CLUTCH, But not separate.

Rusty192
10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
All those "clutch" threads were jokes btw.

Just throwing that out there.

fansince69
10-03-2012, 11:10 PM
All those "clutch" threads were jokes btw.

Just throwing that out there.

Except the tynes one...that one was serious then the rest were jokes off of that

GameTime
10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
this thread is "CLUTCH"....

NYG4lifeNYK
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Eli is the epitome of clutch please be serious.... there ABSOLUTELY IS CLUTCH players.

Jordan, Kobe, Eli, Montana, Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Brady, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Tiger Woods.... many many more

Players who are NOT clutch: Romo, Rivers, .... will list more gimme a sec

Clutch = when the game is at it's highest you raise your performance when it matters the most and come through in the toughest of tough situations.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-04-2012, 12:45 AM
I am so tired of members saying Clutch this and Clutch that. As far as I am concerned, Clutch is a term used for winning. We DO not win every game, We do not have the best running numbers, We do not have the Highest passing numbers, and we certainly do NOT play Clutch on Defense. The only thing that is clutch around the Giants is the FANS. That is my take on the word "CLUTCH". Eli isnt, Tynes isnt, Defense isnt. Together Maybe we can make one entire CLUTCH, But not separate.This thread isn't very clutch.

jomo
10-04-2012, 12:50 AM
I like the word clutch............and I know it when I see it.

EnragedYouth85
10-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Eli is the epitome of clutch please be serious.... there ABSOLUTELY IS CLUTCH players.

Jordan, Kobe, Eli, Montana, Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Brady, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Tiger Woods.... many many more

Players who are NOT clutch: Romo, Rivers, .... will list more gimme a sec

Clutch = when the game is at it's highest you raise your performance when it matters the most and come through in the toughest of tough situations.

that was a pretty clutch response lol

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 03:20 AM
I am currently clutching a Dr. Pepper in my hand as I type this.

Martyr
10-04-2012, 03:25 AM
that was a pretty clutch response lol

Clutch indeed. Eli's middle name is clutch what the hell it the OP talking about?

Captain Chaos
10-04-2012, 05:04 AM
I named my dog Clutch...

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Isn't he the driver of the G.I. Joe VAMP? Yeah, I took it to toys.

SweetZombieJesus
10-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Clutch means coming through under pressure. And we have players, especially Eli, who do just that, so your premise is wrong.

adjective
done or accomplished in a critical situation: a clutch shot that won the basketball game.
dependable in crucial situations: a clutch player.

Clutch is also what my Chinese doctor gave me when I broke my leg

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Clutch is also what my Chinese doctor gave me when I broke my leg

I am no longer clutching my Dr. Pepper because it just shot out of my nose.

GCGiant
10-04-2012, 06:07 AM
The Giants and Eli perform well when the pressure is on. That's enough for me...and I don't expect a W every time. I watch games for entertainment, and I don't think any team entertains as well as the Giants, and although sometimes I walk away disappointed, I rarely walk away not entertained.

NYGabriel
10-04-2012, 06:15 AM
You're either born with the clutch gene or you're Dez Bryant.

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Every thought that pops into your head does not have to become a new thread . . . .

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
The sarcasm around here is clutch.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:48 AM
The sarcasm around here is clutch.

nice....;)

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Ok, Ok ,Ok, I give up. Ya got me.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScadj_KGFE_3ZtKdJu7Pa9nFuIuPyzF s47qm2zhSR0P_0Qn_M5Mw

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Ok, Ok ,Ok, I give up. Ya got me.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScadj_KGFE_3ZtKdJu7Pa9nFuIuPyzF s47qm2zhSR0P_0Qn_M5Mw

Time to shift gears then? :cool:

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Time to shift gears then? :cool:See Ro, you are not washed up like some fans thought. You are on your game.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
See Ro, you are not washed up like some fans thought. You are on your game.

We geezers have our way :p

Mercury
10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
And here I always thought when everyone was saying Eli was clutch, it meant they were grabbing at their chest and heart when he throws.

Jiffy Jeff
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I am so tired of members saying Clutch this and Clutch that. As far as I am concerned, Clutch is a term used for winning. We DO not win every game, We do not have the best running numbers, We do not have the Highest passing numbers, and we certainly do NOT play Clutch on Defense. The only thing that is clutch around the Giants is the FANS.

That is my take on the word "CLUTCH". Eli isnt, Tynes isnt, Defense isnt. Together Maybe we can make one entire CLUTCH, But not separate.

NOBODY wins every game........ask the Patriots.

And if you can honestly say Eli isn't clutch, you ought to have that dermabrasion surgery on your tattoo.

yoeddy
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM

The Giants depend on Eli...he is their CRUTCH...

bigblue58
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Eli can't pull the rabbit out of his hat one time and all of a sudden he's not clutch? Most ridiculous thing I've ever read!
You say Eli isn't clutch, but his stats ,NFL records for 4th QTR comebacks....2 of the most important ones coming in 2 SB wins, says you're wrong.