PDA

View Full Version : Plax says he knows he can still play, questions why he's not in the league

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Plax just made an appearance on First Take. He basically was complaining (whining, although somewhat justifiable) about how teams are making the decision not to give him a chance bc of off field past issues, not what he can do on the field.

He made the point that last season, was all based on talent, and that this season he's "fully back". Sounded like sour grapes from Plax, all the while self promoting and saying he could outplay a lot of starters.

What a fall from grace. To SB Champ, multi yr contract with guaranteed money to begging for a shot on First Take...

and fwiw, I wouldnt be surprised if it was politics thats keeping him off a roster, I'd bet he probably would look much better than he did last year.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Plax would prob kill for a shot to play with Eli once more...just saying...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Plax would prob kill for a shot to play with Eli once more...just saying...

nice choice of words......:cool:

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
It is strange that TO and Chad Johnson got their shots this season and Plax didn't . .. . . ..

OX1
10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Must be something that happened behind the scenes with the jets last year.
He produced for them and they are thin @ WR, yet still have not picked him up.

yoeddy
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Think the Jets would take him back with Santonio gone for the season?

Ruttiger711
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM

I think their fanbase would love to get Braylon back more over Plaxico, hoping the Seahawks will cut him. Pretty sure Plax burned bridges by ripping Sanchez after Plax left.

njg85m
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I believe the Jests already announced that they would not bring him back because it would not be good for Sanchez.

That right there tells you all you need to know about them. They have 3 healthy receivers and two of them I've never heard of. And meanwhile they won't call the guy back who led them in receiving TD's last year because the QB is scared of him.

dezzzR
10-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Im always down for bringing back former players that can still contribute, with strict incentives. But I think the Giants want to build with what they have.

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
The Jets have signed Jason Hill to replace Holmes. Chaz Schilens will most likely play opposite until Stephen Hill returns from injury. Jeremy Kerley will remain in the slot

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Rex Ryan went into great detail about how much he liked Plaxico before throwing him under the bus lol

NYFG
10-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Who cares about the Jets? I thank God everyday that I was born a Giants fan.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Who cares about the Jets? I thank God everyday that I was born a Giants fan.

I feel your pain :rolleyes:

NYFG
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
What pain? ;-)

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 12:11 PM
What pain? ;-)

I tried being more witty but couldn't decide on another word to replace pain lol

ebick
10-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Rex Ryan went into great detail about how much he liked Plaxico before throwing him under the bus lol

Kinda like what Pete Carroll did the day he cut TO

miked1958
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Think the Jets would take him back with Santonio gone for the season?Thought i heard yesterday that the injury was not as bad as they first thought and that he might only miss 2/3 weeks.

miked1958
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
With that said... (and i know i will get crucified for even thinking this) if we have one more setback at the WR position we may have to consider bringing him in for the vet min under a 10/12 game contract. If its understood that he keeps him mouth shut and does his job and he wont be the #1 WR then maybe. but i think with what he did burning us like that (twice) i highly doubt the Giants ORG would even consider making that phone call no matter how dire the need at WR is.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 01:45 PM
With that said... (and i know i will get crucified for even thinking this) if we have one more setback at the WR position we may have to consider bringing him in for the vet min under a 10/12 game contract. If its understood that he keeps him mouth shut and does his job and he wont be the #1 WR then maybe. but i think with what he did burning us like that (twice) i highly doubt the Giants ORG would even consider making that phone call no matter how dire the need at WR is.

Not crucified, but put your hand out :p

Morehead State
10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Plax just made an appearance on First Take. He basically was complaining (whining, although somewhat justifiable) about how teams are making the decision not to give him a chance bc of off field past issues, not what he can do on the field.

He made the point that last season, was all based on talent, and that this season he's "fully back". Sounded like sour grapes from Plax, all the while self promoting and saying he could outplay a lot of starters.

What a fall from grace. To SB Champ, multi yr contract with guaranteed money to begging for a shot on First Take...

and fwiw, I wouldnt be surprised if it was politics thats keeping him off a roster, I'd bet he probably would look much better than he did last year.
The guy is fighting for a chance to do the only thing he's ever been good at. I can understand his frustration and desperation.

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Thought i heard yesterday that the injury was not as bad as they first thought and that he might only miss 2/3 weeks.

Santonio is out for the season, but Ryan said yesterday that they weren't going to go in the Plax direction . . . .

miked1958
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Not crucified, but put your hand out :pIm not saying right now. Im saying if this thing with Nicks drags on and it turns out to be something a lot more serious then what they are saying right now and he is maybe gone for the season or has to be put on that short term IR and we continue to have issues with RR and JJ stepping up and Barden not getting seperation... and we get 4 or 5 more games down the road with say 3 more losses... Then what will be the FOs answer to this problem. Im not saying the answer is number 17. But what would we do? If we already have trouble running and we have no one to throw to do we just tank the season?? I know i am getting way ahead of myself and I trust in the judgement of the FO. They have come through in the past with trusting in the young talent they had and it panned out. Hopefully it will with Barden, JJ and RR as well

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Im not saying right now. Im saying if this thing with Nicks drags on and it turns out to be something a lot more serious then what they are saying right now and he is maybe gone for the season or has to be put on that short term IR and we continue to have issues with RR and JJ stepping up and Barden not getting seperation... and we get 4 or 5 more games down the road with say 3 more losses... Then what will be the FOs answer to this problem. Im not saying the answer is number 17. But what would we do? If we already have trouble running and we have no one to throw to do we just tank the season?? I know i am getting way ahead of myself and I trust in the judgement of the FO. They have come through in the past with trusting in the young talent they had and it panned out. Hopefully it will with Barden, JJ and RR as well

There has to be a reason why Plaxico isn't playing somewhere. He came here for an interview and, if I recall correctly, said later on that he was never serious about coming here. He took the guarantee offered by the Jets which made the most sense in his situation. He didn't provide much to the Jets and was cut. Now they are hurting for a receiver and they still don't want him back as is the case with 31 other teams.

Flip Empty
10-06-2012, 09:21 AM
The Jets never cut him, his contract expired. He was actually fairly productive, scoring 8 touchdowns for them (3 came in one game). He did have a pretty low ypg though.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 10:24 AM
The Jets never cut him, his contract expired. He was actually fairly productive, scoring 8 touchdowns for them (3 came in one game). He did have a pretty low ypg though.

Are we splitting hairs as to "cut" or "not re-signed"? He's a player in decline at best. The last team he played for NEEDS at WR and they've declined. Everyone knows he hates TC and didn't want to play here because he was the HC, preferring to go to Camp Rex.

As far as 8 TDs in 16 games is concerned, that's not a lot to look forward to when you really need a play maker. In the interests of full disclosure, I really don't like Plaxico.

derekunion28
10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
if he wanted to play sure he could basically play for vet minumum bet he wants money...show and prove plax

gxbhkt
10-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Super Bowl hero having great next season at 11-1 to begging for a shot. All because he never took a simple NRA class on firearm safety