PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck quote...

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Justin Tuck doesn't officially have a QB hit. "That's very wrong," he said. "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck." Although it's somewhat true as of right now, I wouldn't want to hear a team captain saying that. Hope he can stop sucking.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: Justin Tuck doesn't officially have a QB hit. "That's very wrong," he said. "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck." Although it's somewhat true as of right now, I wouldn't want to hear a team captain saying that. Hope he can stop sucking.
he said that last year too when he was down in the dumps.....

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
he said that last year too when he was down in the dumps..... True, but still. Do something about it, stop moping around.

EnragedYouth85
10-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Take some steroids..

TheEnigma
10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
The first step on the right path is acceptance. Now that we have that out of the way, I expect at least 3 QB pressures and a sack every two games. Reasonable expectations and certainly an improvement from what he is giving the Giants so far.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
At least he knows his problem Tuck will turn it around I don't get why all of a sudden people want a different DC....I mean they just played 3 mobile qb's and Josh Freeman can move in the pocket also but by no means were all 4 of them sitting ducks for sacks...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
True, but still. Do something about it, stop moping around.
I agree....... but people deal with things in dif ways. I think many athletes go through issues when they arent playing up to standards.
Not to get too psychological here but its not as easy as just "doing it". Emotions affect the physical and sometimes its not so easy.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree....... but people deal with things in dif ways. I think many athletes go through issues when they arent playing up to standards.
Not to get too psychological here but its not as easy as just "doing it". Emotions affect the physical and sometimes its not so easy.I wonder if he's injured, and trying to hide it? I have no idea.

BeatYale
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Fans hate hearing it when it's one of the few statements made by a player throughout the course of a season. Teammates, however, interact with Tuck on a regular basis so it's not like it's the be-all-end-all statement for them like it is for fans looking to entertain themselves and others with their opinions on message boards and social media sites.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I wonder if he's injured, and trying to hide it? I have no idea.
I dont think so. Who knows....maybe TC has to go to his house again and light a fire under him......
alos he is the D captain and IMO he feels not only responsible for himself but when the D becomes undisciplined like it did during the eagles game I feel that Tuck takes it to heart. He seems to carry that weight.

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
He seems to carry that weight.

I think the weight might be cumbersome for him.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I think the weight might be cumbersome for him.
I agree...

TheBookOfEli
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Tuck last year was depressed from the loss of his 2 uncles and injuries. Maybe he hasn't gotten over the losses of his loved ones?

Tuck may need professional counseling.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Well he said it last year and then turned it on. It would be nice if that happened now because they are hurting.

Fharcyde
10-04-2012, 03:46 PM
He made a remark about teams lining up in punt-like formations to negate the pass rush. Which is pretty much true because you can see our two ends getting double teamed followed by a chip by either/or the halfback or fullback. There's a lot of respect for these guys off the edge and it's negated our pass rush for the most part. If there's any solution to this I think it would be to blitz, but with the state our secondary is in it seems like Fewell is reluctant to send any extra defenders.

TroyArcher
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Tuck is one of my favorite players but he has to show more fire. He seems mopey, dis-interested at times. Not a good example.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Tuck is one of my favorite players but he has to show more fire. He seems mopey, dis-interested at times. Not a good example. That's what I'm saying. I think he can still be a good player.

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
This is not a good attitude at all. "I pretty much suck" is like a little emo kid going on facebook and putting up some emo status Tuck stop being a little girl and just play football or dont.

egyptian420
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. He's saying that to the media because he wants to own up to his crappy performance and not make excuses. But I promise you, in that pre game speech he will be hyping up the team and getting them fired up. He's not going to be acting "mopey".

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
You think what Justin said is concerning, it gets worse. Per Vacchiano's twitter from JPP:

Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game. "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," he ...said. "Iíve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that youíre out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year. And thatíll go for the other guys too. You could see it their eyes that theyíre not having fun with the game. Theyíve got to find themselves and Iíve got to find myself.

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
He made a remark about teams lining up in punt-like formations to negate the pass rush. Which is pretty much true because you can see our two ends getting double teamed followed by a chip by either/or the halfback or fullback. There's a lot of respect for these guys off the edge and it's negated our pass rush for the most part. If there's any solution to this I think it would be to blitz, but with the state our secondary is in it seems like Fewell is reluctant to send any extra defenders.

It sounds like Fewell's nascar has been hard countered... maybe we should run a more 3-4 style defense, but with our 4-3 package... but yeah, Fewell doesn't blitz unless he knows his secondary can hold up undermanned. Hopefully with Prince and Hosley healthy (and presumably starting since webster is out), he will be more likely to send a linebacker more often...

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
It sounds like Fewell's nascar has been hard countered... maybe we should run a more 3-4 style defense, but with our 4-3 package... but yeah, Fewell doesn't blitz unless he knows his secondary can hold up undermanned. Hopefully with Prince and Hosley healthy (and presumably starting since webster is out), he will be more likely to send a linebacker more often... Starting to think they aren't happy with their role in this defense.

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
It sounds like Fewell's nascar has been hard countered... maybe we should run a more 3-4 style defense, but with our 4-3 package... but yeah, Fewell doesn't blitz unless he knows his secondary can hold up undermanned. Hopefully with Prince and Hosley healthy (and presumably starting since webster is out), he will be more likely to send a linebacker more often...

Per Vacchiano, Webster is not out. Corey said he intends to play Sunday. Hosley is actually likely not to play Sunday. Rolle also said he will be ready for Sunday. Coe also looks like he will be ready for Sunday.

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Starting to think they aren't happy with their role in this defense.

That would be odd considering this scheme is meant to favor the D-line heavily. I think it is more that they are in desperate need of more help from the LB'ers and Secondary.

TheEnigma
10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
You think what Justin said is concerning, it gets worse. Per Vacchiano's twitter from JPP:

Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game. "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," he ...said. "Iíve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that youíre out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year. And thatíll go for the other guys too. You could see it their eyes that theyíre not having fun with the game. Theyíve got to find themselves and Iíve got to find myself.

Yeah...that's much worse than Tuck coming to terms with his current play. The Dline really needs a big game here soon or this could be one depressing season for the defense.

Riverboat76
I think he just needs to make yet another Subway commercial. That'll make him feel better.

JesseJames
how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...

And have some friggin' pride that they are Super Bowl Campions twice in the last 5 seasons. Spolied, overpaid babies.

GMENAGAIN
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
how can these guys be unhappy and moping around, most of us would give anything to have an opportunity like they have and make millions doing it...Tuck went through this same crap last year...

I actually like that even after winning 2 SB's, it still pisses him off when he doesn't play well. Would you rather that he be satisfied with how he has played so far this season?

rtr1105
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Let's be honest, if he said he was happy with his performance, people would call him out. At least he admits that he's having problems. No need to sugarcoat it.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 05:05 PM
That would be odd considering this scheme is meant to favor the D-line heavily. I think it is more that they are in desperate need of more help from the LB'ers and Secondary. It's meant to favor the D-line, but it's not. There's almost no pressure on the opposing quarterback. When we played Philly, I saw Fewell only rush three a few times. Three. Now you can argue and say whether it's Fewell's schemes, or if he's afraid to blitz because of the poor secondary.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Let's be honest, if he said he was happy with his performance, people would call him out. At least he admits that he's having problems. No need to sugarcoat it.Of course, that's not the problem. I'm just tired of the talking down, he needs to prove himself.

JesseJames
10-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I actually like that even after winning 2 SB's, it still pisses him off when he doesn't play well. Would you rather that he be satisfied with how he has played so far this season?

no I would much rather he stop moping around and step up his game, we only get 16 games and he doesn't have the right to take a few off because he is sulking, if he's got a problem he needs to talk it out and I don't mean on Subway commercials

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
no I would much rather he stop moping around and step up his game, we only get 16 games and he doesn't have the right to take a few off because he is sulking, if he's got a problem he needs to talk it out and I don't mean on Subway commercials

Exactly this!

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
It's meant to favor the D-line, but it's not. There's almost no pressure on the opposing quarterback. When we played Philly, I saw Fewell only rush three a few times. Three. Now you can argue and say whether it's Fewell's schemes, or if he's afraid to blitz because of the poor secondary.

Perhaps and if the d-line got better help from the back end of the defense maybe Fewell would not have to hold back. My philosophy is regardless of personnel, you send more guys than they can block always but do it creatively and with disguise. Not sure that is in line with Fewell's approach even if he had a lights out secondary and LB'ing core but if he likes that philosophy as well and is holding back because he has an at best suspect back end of the defense I can understand it. Still no excuse for these whiny, overpaid, spoiled d-linemen to mope around and feel sorry for themselves and even take plays off because their not having fun.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
And have some friggin' pride that they are Super Bowl Campions twice in the last 5 seasons. Spolied, overpaid babies.

playing football and being rich doesnt mean squat if you are having mental issues with what you do. People are not machines you just cant put new batteries in and away yuo go. You have no idea what or how someone can manage a job/career no matter what it is..
With that said Tuck better find out quick what will put him and the rest of the D on the right track.

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM

Now THAT worries me. Sounds like the coaches refuse to alter a scheme that isnt working. Teams are just doubling up/chipping the ends and Fewell has no answer. How about a blitz up the middle every now and then? How about some stunts? How about anything. There got to be something going on to make these guys depressed...

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 06:07 PM
playing football and being rich doesnt mean squat if you are having mental issues with what you do. People are not machines you just cant put new batteries in and away yuo go. You have no idea what or how someone can manage a job/career no matter what it is..
With that said Tuck better find out quick what will put him and the rest of the D on the right track.

I don't disagree if they are legitimate mental issues plaguing them and confirmed by medical science. Just because it isn't "fun" doesn't excuse the moping and feeling sorry for themselves. Who said it was supposed to always be fun? It's hard work most of the time and it being fun is a luxury that they aren't automatically entitled to all the time.

repeatchamps
10-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Now THAT worries me. Sounds like the coaches refuse to alter a scheme that isnt working. Teams are just doubling up/chipping the ends and Fewell has no answer. How about a blitz up the middle every now and then? How about some stunts? How about anything. There got to be something going on to make these guys depressed...

I agree 100%.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I don't disagree if they are legitimate mental issues plaguing them and confirmed by medical science. Just because it isn't "fun" doesn't excuse the moping and feeling sorry for themselves. Who said it was supposed to always be fun? It's hard work most of the time and it being fun is a luxury that they aren't automatically entitled to.
agreed....I just get defensive when people think just because they are NFL players and rich they shouldnt have a care in the world. Poeple are people no matter what their lot in life may be.
Tuck looks like he has not much fire in his play. If its physical then get help with the rotation and take fewer reps. If its mental lay in the couch and get some help.
Seems they have more problems with discipline in their schemes than actual be out muscled.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
this pass rush is overrated. They have breakout games where they completely have their way...but then they have games where they disappear.

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
This smells like a disaster to me.

Nothing short of a let down for fans who seem to be 10x as passionate about the game as the players they watch play the game... unreal

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM

jesus h...tucks attitude is spreading wtf jpp is in his THIRD year...tuck has bipolar or something im a fan of his and am pulling for him but at some point, like bradshaw, if u aint getting it done make way for some one who can...and especially dont be a cancer and bring guys like jpp down damnit

TheBookOfEli
10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Looks like Coughlin is going to have to show them ANOTHER video of a person/people battling against the odds to motivate these big babies.

My goodness.

Moke
10-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Listen Tuck... no one cares about you and your sensitive feelings. No one wants to hear you ***** about how much you suck right now. WE KNOW THIS.

Do your job dude. In the mean time, I'm gonna have to wear my boy JPPs jersey for every game until you start MANNING up, you sis.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 07:09 PM
My God I really hope JPP doesn't lose his fire for the game cause of what's going on now They have to realize they just faced THREE mobile qbs they will have their chance but when JPP is starting to doubt that's when I get worried. Someone needs to stand up and push these guys. I hope Rolle fires them up again cause it looks like Tuck doesn't really care to do it. I think it's as simple as they miss Canty big time.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
good point about canty. i remember after the SB how canty and jpp/osi were embracing. canty has also always told it as it is and been an awesome teammate from where I sit, getting him back could help out a ton. we just got to make it til then

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
and about the depression tuck has and is spreading, i think its as simple as winning. I'd show JPP the tape of himself after they won the SF game and how happy he was and how he said thank u giants for drafting me i love my teammates...winning cures all and we've been up n down.

they got to know that playing hard and earning wins is what makes the games fun so i believe it will work out

BlueSanta
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
As usual people are reading way to much into this.

What do you want Tuck to say? That he has played well?

He is being honest in his assessment. It does not mean he doesnt care, it means he is honest.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
My question is, why do they need to be motivated ALL the time? Canty is out..next man up? where is that mentality?
I'm not a professional athlete, so I don't know what Tuck and JPP are going through. Whatever it is, I hope they figure out a possible solution, because it's definitely affecting their performance, and we NEED them to play at their best.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 07:19 PM
As usual people are reading way to much into this.

What do you want Tuck to say? That he has played well?

He is being honest in his assessment. It does not mean he doesnt care, it means he is honest. I wish I could say it's just one game..but how many times have you seen Tuck on the sidelines looking hopeless? how many times has Tuck just quit on a play/game. It's starting to be a trend now.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
and about the depression tuck has and is spreading, i think its as simple as winning. I'd show JPP the tape of himself after they won the SF game and how happy he was and how he said thank u giants for drafting me i love my teammates...winning cures all and we've been up n down.

they got to know that playing hard and earning wins is what makes the games fun so i believe it will work outThis is so true to the fullest. I remember that on Giants rewind JPP was going crazy in the locker room he really does have a passion for the game and you can tell he loves winning. Tuck on the other hand though doesn't seem happy ever even after a win. I love Tuck and I think he is still a great player but he has to realize that the Giants have a special young player and he has to show him that this game is about having fun although it is a business too.

CDN_G-FAN
10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Take some steroids..

+1

Good call.

the 1st time suspension is only 4 games, he's already gone 4 games without getting his name called, what's 4 games more?

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 07:29 PM
+1

Good call.

the 1st time suspension is only 4 games, he's already gone 4 games without getting his name called, what's 4 games more?

lol

TheEnigma
10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Anyone else think it's time to look for a long-term option at LDE next year? Between the injuries and playing time that have worn down his body and the two Superbowl Championships, there doesn't seem to be much left in the NFL for Tuck. We could use the depth anyway and no one else on the roster has the size to play the position on a consistent basis except JPP but he's a natural RDE.

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Maybe Ojome can learn to play well at LDE? idk just a thought..

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Maybe Ojome can learn to play well at LDE? idk just a thought..

He has to be active on game day. I wish they would get him and Tracey into the rotation

TextureDj
10-04-2012, 07:50 PM
He has to be active on game day. I wish they would get him and Tracey into the rotation

^ this.

We all know how we love out DE rotation, yet we have precious few to rotate and these ywo sitting on the inactive list each week. I dont get it, how bad can these guys be performing in practice that they arent even worth having dressed to let Tuck and Osi catch their breath.

Remember, Tuck and Osi have not been in this thin of a rotation in some years. This has much to do with their level of play I am sure.

I hope its just the string of mobile QBs keeping Ojomo on the inactive list. God knows we couldnt afford any mistakes against philly, good thing Osi is so experienced. Oh, wait......

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
^ this.

We all know how we love out DE rotation, yet we have precious few to rotate and these ywo sitting on the inactive list each week. I dont get it, how bad can these guys be performing in practice that they arent even worth having dressed to let Tuck and Osi catch their breath.

Remember, Tuck and Osi have not been in this thin of a rotation in some years. This has much to do with their level of play I am sure.

I hope its just the string of mobile QBs keeping Ojomo on the inactive list. God knows we couldnt afford any mistakes against philly, good thing Osi is so experienced. Oh, wait......

I think Ojomo showed some real maturity in not over-pursuing scrambling QBs. I know he didn't get a lot of playing time and it was pre-season but what I saw was pretty impressive. One of the things the Eagles do very successfully is constantly rotate their DLine. We have talent to do that to.

Tuckit91
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
+1

Good call.

http://supersadtrombone.com/

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
http://supersadtrombone.com/Do you have the world's smallest violin?

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I wish I could say it's just one game..but how many times have you seen Tuck on the sidelines looking hopeless? how many times has Tuck just quit on a play/game. It's starting to be a trend now.
I ahve seen Tuck quit on 1 play and 1 play only. Does he have off games? yes he does but I dont think he is a player who quits

GameTime
10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
some of you people are 10x worse than then the worst media people.
Everybody CTFD already!!!
All of a sudden Tuck is bringing down the whole defense, he's a cancer, etc. Wholly ****!! Hope you guys dont handle your own lives like you handle the news about the Giants.....

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
some of you people are 10x worse than then the worst media people.
Everybody CTFD already!!!
All of a sudden Tuck is bringing down the whole defense, he's a cancer, etc. Wholly ****!! Hope you guys dont handle your own lives like you handle the news about the Giants..... Woah there, chill. No one is freaking out, we're just tired of the moping.

gmoney11
10-04-2012, 08:23 PM
The first step on the right path is acceptance. Now that we have that out of the way, I expect at least 3 QB pressures and a sack every two games. Reasonable expectations and certainly an improvement from what he is giving the Giants so far.

THIS...

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Woah there, chill. No one is freaking out, we're just tired of the moping.
some posters are calling him a cancer and that he is done....that is over reacting....IMO

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 09:15 PM
some posters are calling him a cancer and that he is done....that is over reacting....IMO Ok, but it is kinda strange how JPP isn't having fun anymore.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Ok, but it is kinda strange how JPP isn't having fun anymore.

i hope he doesnt become a locker room cancer but im with u when u say its strange how JPP is sounding like Tuck...

CDN_G-FAN
10-04-2012, 09:37 PM
http://supersadtrombone.com/

LOL

that's gonna get forwarded in the office 20 times tomorrow.

you made my friday !

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
LOL

that's gonna get forwarded in the office 20 times tomorrow.

you made my friday ! Don't forward it to your boss.

Actually, idc do it.

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Bring back Deon Grant so he can shout at him. The defense needs a vocal leader.

nycisgreat
10-04-2012, 10:06 PM

Well, I can't argue with him. He isn't play well at all.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I really don't think Tuck is playing that bad. He may no be getting to the QB, but who on the team is? Once the word gets out on a teams specialty the rest of the NFL plans a way to beat it. So between that and the secondary having a ridiculous amount of injuries and the pass rush suffers.

CDN_G-FAN
10-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Don't forward it to your boss.

Actually, idc do it.

we're canadian, we're all constantly happy.

he's the first one getting it.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I really don't think Tuck is playing that bad. He may no be getting to the QB, but who on the team is? Once the word gets out on a teams specialty the rest of the NFL plans a way to beat it. So between that and the secondary having a ridiculous amount of injuries and the pass rush suffers. Well that's the problem as well, nobody is getting pressure.

Also, isn't it somewhat beneficial to the opposing team to know that Tuck said that about himself?

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 10:22 PM
we're canadian, we're all constantly happy.

he's the first one getting it. Hahaha, that makes sense.

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I dont think Tuck is going to sign another contract with the Giants. Giants need to get another DE in the draft

GiantWarfare
10-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Take some steroids..

Idk why I lol'd at that but I did...

ELI_Iz_God
10-05-2012, 02:48 AM
It's a pathetic NFL mentality to have. tuck has grown soft and weak....I would trade Tuck for Ray Lewis in a heartbeat. even though he's older, he knows how to dig deep and rally the troops...you don't see guys like him "moping around" or "Feeling sorry for themselves" NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION. I hate people who show weakness like that......it's pathetic.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 03:24 AM
I dont think Tuck is going to sign another contract with the Giants. Giants need to get another DE in the draft

I agree with this. He was a pass rushing specialist out of Notre Dame and I don't think that ability is there anymore. I think he could be a back end rusher who could spell someone, but his days as a starter...at this point...just seem to have passed him by. Maybe he comes out of his funk and blows up the Browns and every other team along the way, but I think it is time for the Giants to start looking at more youth on the line.

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 05:09 AM
TC needs to sit him down again this year...

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 06:38 AM
It's a pathetic NFL mentality to have. tuck has grown soft and weak....I would trade Tuck for Ray Lewis in a heartbeat. even though he's older, he knows how to dig deep and rally the troops...you don't see guys like him "moping around" or "Feeling sorry for themselves" NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION. I hate people who show weakness like that......it's pathetic.

Tuck "has grown soft and weak" since last year's Super Bowl?

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Bring back Deon Grant so he can shout at him. The defense needs a vocal leader.

LOL . . . you are questioning the leadership on the defending Super Bowl Champions 4 games into the season? Okay . . . . . .

giantsfam04
10-05-2012, 06:56 AM
I dont think so. Who knows....maybe TC has to go to his house again and light a fire under him......
alos he is the D captain and IMO he feels not only responsible for himself but when the D becomes undisciplined like it did during the eagles game I feel that Tuck takes it to heart. He seems to carry that weight.

Well put it does look like he takes it to heart and lets it affect him to the point where he becomes depressed. It seems to me like he has a difficult time putting it behind him and when things start to go bad it snowballs and thus you have the "guy shy" mentality. He will be fine I think they expected to come out the same way they finished last year and dominate the line but because it hasn't happened yet they are doubting themselves.

giantsfam04
10-05-2012, 07:02 AM
We as fans forget that these guys are human also. To say a guy is soft and weak because he deals with things in a manner you don't agree with is childish. People handle adversity in different ways, I would like to see some of these people do what he does for a living then come back and say he is weak and pathetic.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 07:09 AM
We as fans forget that these guys are human also. To say a guy is soft and weak because he deals with things in a manner you don't agree with is childish. People handle adversity in different ways, I would like to see some of these people do what he does for a living then come back and say he is weak and pathetic.

Well put. My favorite is when pot-bellied, cellulite ridden posters question the toughness of pro football players. I'm guessing that none of us know anyone who is even half as tough as the "softest" NFL player . . . .

BuffyBlueII
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Perhaps Coach Coughlin needs to take the team bowling again
Justin Tuck publically admitted his aprehensions and fears of getting hurt last season and that took a lot of courage. I think he will come around again this year.We just lost to Philadelphia Eagles in a close game and Shady McCoy ran all over us and I think Justin Tuck is taking that hard. He is our defensive captain and I have faith he will come around. I have always been much more worried about Osi Umenyoras attitude influencing and effecting the rest of the dline.

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I dont think Tucks body is cooperating with his mind. That can be very frustrating for an athlete. Tuck wants to be the 08 Tuck taking over games but his body is just breaking down. Its a shame because he is still relatively young. I think he retires after next season when his contract is up. When was the last time he played a season without some kind of ailment all the way through. That can wear U down mentally after awhile. I dont see him having fun anymore

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I would love to see Ojomo and Tracy in the lineup if only to give a spark to some of these moping D linemen, its starting to look like money motivates players until they get it and than it slows them down...

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I would love to see Ojomo and Tracy in the lineup if only to give a spark to some of these moping D linemen, its starting to look like money motivates players until they get it and than it slows them down...Osi got paid and is not giving his best.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
At least he knows his problem Tuck will turn it around I don't get why all of a sudden people want a different DC....I mean they just played 3 mobile qb's and Josh Freeman can move in the pocket also but by no means were all 4 of them sitting ducks for sacks...

I'm sorry, but the QB being mobile has nothing to do with how few sacks, and pressure in generally the DLine has had. Vick has gotten sacks a ton this year, Romo has been under duress the whole season. The DLine is simply not getting home. Guys like Tuck and Osi aren't winning their 1 on 1 battles.

JB456
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Osi got paid and is not giving his best.

Osi didn'tget paid, not "football paid" anyway. What did he get, a couple extra million for his one remaining season? A million or two is alot for us but is pretty much nothing for these guys with the type of lifestyle they have. Osi should be going at 110% since this is his contract year. If he doesn't produce, he won't get signed for anything but the league minimum.

Also, The D-line is featured on this team 90% of the time since that is how often they are rushing four. The fact that they aren't generating enough pressure on the QB has nothing to do with it. The line has played like crap for the first quarter of the season with the notable exception of JPP. Blitzing a safety or a Lb doesn't in any way increase how we are featuring the D-line since the D-line isn't doing one of its jobs, putting presure on the QB. The D-line has been featured in the exact same way as it has is previous seasons. The only exception now is that they aren't generating half the presure they once were.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
what is pathetic is someone who lacks compassion and the understanding that human beings go through **** and football players are no different.
If you think things like this are a sign of weakness then you are nothing but ignorant. I would assume you are young person with very limited life experiences. If you arent then there is really no excuse for you then.

burier
10-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Osi didn'tget paid, not "football paid" anyway. What did he get, a couple extra million for his one remaining season? A million or two is alot for us but is pretty much nothing for these guys with the type of lifestyle they have. Osi should be going at 110% since this is his contract year. If he doesn't produce, he won't get signed for anything but the league minimum.

Also, The D-line is featured on this team 90% of the time since that is how often they are rushing four. The fact that they aren't generating enough pressure on the QB has nothing to do with it. The line has played like crap for the first quarter of the season with the notable exception of JPP. Blitzing a safety or a Lb doesn't in any way increase how we are featuring the D-line since the D-line isn't doing one of its jobs, putting presure on the QB. The D-line has been featured in the exact same way as it has is previous seasons. The only exception now is that they aren't generating half the presure they once were.

Osi isn't playing for a contract. He's gonna retire after this season.

JB456
10-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Osi isn't playing for a contract. He's gonna retire after this season.

I haven't heard that before but it makes perfect sense to why is is sandbagging it. If he continues to play the was he has, Osi won't get offered anything other than league minimum and he will surely retire.

If his play against the Browns mirrors the way he played against the Eagles, he should be benched.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I haven't heard that before but it makes perfect sense to why is is sandbagging it. If he continues to play the was he has, Osi won't get offered anything other than league minimum and he will surely retire.

If his play against the Browns mirrors the way he played against the Eagles, he should be benched.
a comment he made during the BS between he and Shady prior to last gmae had me thinking. He was on ESPN with Kay and they asked him about what Shady had said that he was the 4th best D linemen on the team. His comment back was odd. Some thing like...." I am not even 4th. Maybe 9th is more like it. I just suit up and do what they tell me to do". But the way he said was he like he is playing to go through the motions and that his talants are not appreciated. IDK...maybe its just me.

He may just be going through th motions....If the coaches get a hint of this they should def bench him.

JB456
10-05-2012, 12:29 PM
a comment he made during the BS between he and Shady prior to last gmae had me thinking. He was on ESPN with Kay and they asked him about what Shady had said that he was the 4th best D linemen on the team. His comment back was odd. Some thing like...." I am not even 4th. Maybe 9th is more like it. I just suit up and do what they tell me to do". But the way he said was he like he is playing to go through the motions and that his talants are not appreciated. IDK...maybe its just me.

He may just be going through th motions....If the coaches get a hint of this they should def bench him.

Damn, I didn't know that. Its even worse than I thought. Osi is bitter even though the Giants gave him a few extra million for no reason. This dude needs to be riding the pine against any team with a good run game.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Damn, I didn't know that. Its even worse than I thought. Osi is bitter even though the Giants gave him a few extra million for no reason. This dude needs to be riding the pine against any team with a good run game.
You know he didnt sound bitter when he said it he sounded more like "if this is what you want me to do then I will only give you waht you want and nothing more"....
kind of like that.

JB456
10-05-2012, 12:46 PM
You know he didnt sound bitter when he said it he sounded more like "if this is what you want me to do then I will only give you waht you want and nothing more"....
kind of like that.

Thats the exact type of attitude I expect to see in a spoiled child. If I can't have everything my way (Big new contract), I will just chase the QB around and go for sack no matter how adversely it effects other parts of the game. Osi is not a team player, he is a me player. I'm not saying he is a lockerroom cancer, even though a case can be made for this, but his me first attitude will cost the Giants games this year unless he is called out and held acountable.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Thats the exact type of attitude I expect to see in a spoiled child. If I can't have everything my way (Big new contract), I will just chase the QB around and go for sack no matter how adversely it effects other parts of the game. Osi is not a team player, he is a me player. I'm not saying he is a lockerroom cancer, even though a case can be made for this, but his me first attitude will cost the Giants games this year unless he is called out and held acountable.
what ever it is I may have gotten out of what he said or how he said it I hope I am wrong. Would be nice to hace Osi playing fully focused and in a high gear.

BuffyBlueII
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, but the QB being mobile has nothing to do with how few sacks, and pressure in generally the DLine has had. Vick has gotten sacks a ton this year, Romo has been under duress the whole season. The DLine is simply not getting home. Guys like Tuck and Osi aren't winning their 1 on 1 battles.

I do agree that they are having problems with their one on one battles but the success against Mike Vick in regard to sacking him has to do with being able to have fast DBs that you can use to rush and contain him. There was a play in the last game when Antrelle Rolle had him dead to rights and probably would have caused a fumble but the O line man on Philly accidentally tripped him.

BuffyBlueII
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM

+1

burier
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree with Tuck 100%

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree with Tuck 100%lol

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Also, The D-line is featured on this team 90% of the time since that is how often they are rushing four. The fact that they aren't generating enough pressure on the QB has nothing to do with it. The line has played like crap for the first quarter of the season with the notable exception of JPP. Blitzing a safety or a Lb doesn't in any way increase how we are featuring the D-line since the D-line isn't doing one of its jobs, putting presure on the QB. The D-line has been featured in the exact same way as it has is previous seasons. The only exception now is that they aren't generating half the presure they once were.Osi got the extension he was crying about, he got it, and we got to see him on the sidelines laughing.

JB456
10-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Osi got the extension he was crying about, he got it, and we got to see him on the sidelines laughing.

The members of this board should all chip in to have a midget run up on Osi in the parking lot and punch him in the junk. Then he will have somthing in common with the fans. He won't see that coming just like the fans didn't see Osi sandbagging it coming.

burier
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
The members of this board should all chip in to have a midget run up on Osi in the parking lot and punch him in the junk. Then he will have somthing in common with the fans. He won't see that coming just like the fans didn't see Osi sandbagging it coming.

lmao!

Oh and btw. Any new moneys Osi got should have been completely incentive based (as I suggested last summer) and we wouldn't be in the mess.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Osi got the extension he was crying about, he got it, and we got to see him on the sidelines laughing.
Osi didn't get an extension.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Who didn't see it coming? Look at what he pulled last year.

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Osi didn't get an extension.What was it, a restructured contract?

burier
10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
What was it, a restructured contract?

They upped the dollar amount to be paid this season.

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:06 PM

you made my point...

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 05:08 PM
you made my point...My fault

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:09 PM

the bottom line is that you have to beat the man across the line from you and we aren't getting that done plain and simple, and players whining and trying to make excuses don't help anything...

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I know this isnt about Tuck's Quote but this is about Osi and what he got and what he said.

Umenyiora, who agreed in June to a restructured one-year, $6 million contract, is finally healthy and happy. Smiling and continually adjusting his Yankees cap on Friday at the Giants’ relatively quiet Sunday-in-the-park training camp, Umenyiora, 30, said the team knows “how much pride I have and how competitive I am.”
“Usually, you would’ve heard my mouth by now,” he said. “But, in this situation, man, I just want everybody to succeed. I’m just happy here.”
He also said he believed the Giants had “the best team in football.”

Why cant he just play hard??? If someone paid me 6 million for 1 year I would do just about anything asked of me, with a smile. Oh yeah I forgot, he does smile, even when he gets torched.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I know this isnt about Tuck's Quote but this is about Osi and what he got and what he said.

Umenyiora, who agreed in June to a restructured one-year, $6 million contract, is finally healthy and happy. Smiling and continually adjusting his Yankees cap on Friday at the Giants’ relatively quiet Sunday-in-the-park training camp, Umenyiora, 30, said the team knows “how much pride I have and how competitive I am.”
“Usually, you would’ve heard my mouth by now,” he said. “But, in this situation, man, I just want everybody to succeed. I’m just happy here.”
He also said he believed the Giants had “the best team in football.”

Why cant he just play hard??? If someone paid me 6 million for 1 year I would do just about anything asked of me, with a smile. Oh yeah I forgot, he does smile, even when he gets torched.

There was one play last game and pretty sure it was one where he came too wide and Vick ran past him for like the 5th time and the camera shows Osi with this big grin on his face like he had just sacked someone

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-05-2012, 05:20 PM
There was one play last game and pretty sure it was one where he came too wide and Vick ran past him for like the 5th time and the camera shows Osi with this big grin on his face like he had just sacked someoneYeah I remember that vividly. I thought to myself and said even though he got torched he was still having fun. Now that I look back on that I was wrong, he was embarrassed! I hope he straightens up soon.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah I remember that vividly. I thought to myself and said even though he got torched he was still having fun. Now that I look back on that I was wrong, he was embarrassed! I hope he straightens up soon.

Or just doesn't care ...which I pray isn't the case

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Or just doesn't care ...which I pray isn't the caseVery true. If he doesnt care anymore, it will show up in the locker room and the drama will begin. Too many guys on this team care alot, Cruz being one of them and I am sure someone will pull Osi aside for a peptalk. Hopefully it is Chase Blackburn. That guy has the heart and soul of a TRUE football player.

ELI_Iz_God
10-06-2012, 02:24 AM
"what is pathetic is someone who lacks compassion and the understanding that human beings go through **** and football players are no different"

What is it exactly that Tuck is going through? Self doubt? thought of retirement? Thinks he sucks? Torrey Smith's younger brother died (oh I know what that's like too btw) and he played a game the same day so don't even go there with what Tuck is going through..doesn't amount to a hill of beans in comparison.

"If you think things like this are a sign of weakness then you are nothing but ignorant. I would assume you are young person with very limited life experiences. If you arent then there is really no excuse for you then"

--Ok, this is where your post got personal..so I'm going to respond personal. I'm ignorant, with very limited life experience you say? I've been in the military for 15 years. Been in a leadership role for most of them and at this point I can safely make the assumption that you have little or no life exerience in this area to say the same. I've probably had more "life experiences" in my career than you have in your whole life and that includes the years you have yet to live out. I have 2 sons that are Autistic and will never have a fair shot at life and me and my wife are the only people that love them unconditionally and probably the only ones that don't judge them ..and you say I don't have compassion that I don't understand what human beings go through? You wouldn't last a week living my life. Go F yourself...you don't know me..you don't know hardship, not on my level anyway. So stop pretending you got me all figured out.

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 04:00 AM
There was one play last game and pretty sure it was one where he came too wide and Vick ran past him for like the 5th time and the camera shows Osi with this big grin on his face like he had just sacked someone

Alot of player do this, its called forgetting the bad play that just happened. Some do it by laughing it off, other do it by getting angry.

Rat_bastich
10-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Alot of player do this, its called forgetting the bad play that just happened. Some do it by laughing it off, other do it by getting angry.

And, also a sign of embarrassment. How many times have you (not you specifically) done something embarrassing like trip over your feet...fall down...etc and then had a big crap eating grin afterwards?

OX1
10-06-2012, 06:18 AM

HAHA!!, and this is all news?? He was decent against pocket passers (when he wasn't whiffing), but useless against mobile guys.