PDA

View Full Version : wilson

ryan12
10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Giants | Coaches trying to create opportunities for David Wilson

Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:27:45 -0700

New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said the team is trying to create opportunities for RB David Wilson in hopes that he will make a big play and get more opportunities.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Newsday - Tom Rock

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants#ixzz28MOv3Wvg

GameTime
10-04-2012, 04:37 PM
no ****....really???

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 04:42 PM
u dont need to create plays or over think this, just hand the ball off to him. he can take one of the 2 yd gains from bradshaw all the way to the house if u just give him enough carries.

this is frustrating me so badly, i appreciate the creativity with that screen shovel pass, but i mean that was it? throw that screen pass in after he's ran the ball a few times or been the shotgun rb a few times. that shovel play happened with bradshaw and wilson in the backfield, that had to tip off the d it did for me...

just run him. give him off tackle and in between the tackle running plays. his speed/athleticism/talent is what will get the big play, u dont have to over think this KG

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
u dont need to create plays or over think this, just hand the ball off to him. he can take one of the 2 yd gains from bradshaw all the way to the house if u just give him enough carries.

this is frustrating me so badly, i appreciate the creativity with that screen shovel pass, but i mean that was it? throw that screen pass in after he's ran the ball a few times or been the shotgun rb a few times. that shovel play happened with bradshaw and wilson in the backfield, that had to tip off the d it did for me...

just run him. give him off tackle and in between the tackle running plays. his speed/athleticism/talent is what will get the big play, u dont have to over think this KG

For now, it seems they're content riding Brown on offense. As long as Wilson keep making those long returns, he's golden

Fharcyde
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
You can't expect a big play every time a player carries the ball. The more opportunities he gets the better the chances, but if he's only getting two or three chances a week there's no time to really get into the groove. Coughlin talks about going with the hot hand, but if Brown or Wilson don't get the chance to get hot then they'll be rolling with the luke-warm Bradshaw the entire game.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
You can't expect a big play every time a player carries the ball. The more opportunities he gets the better the chances, but if he's only getting two or three chances a week there's no time to really get into the groove. Coughlin talks about going with the hot hand, but if Brown or Wilson don't get the chance to get hot then they'll be rolling with the luke-warm Bradshaw the entire game.Well said....

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
You can't expect a big play every time a player carries the ball. The more opportunities he gets the better the chances, but if he's only getting two or three chances a week there's no time to really get into the groove. Coughlin talks about going with the hot hand, but if Brown or Wilson don't get the chance to get hot then they'll be rolling with the luke-warm Bradshaw the entire game.

Bradshaw knows they're nipping at his heels but if anyone can give him a run right now I think it's Brown

johnson
10-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Bradshaw knows they're nipping at his heels but if anyone can give him a run right now I think it's Brown

Yeah

TuckandRolle
10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Sooner rather then later the Giants aren't gonna have a choice with Wilson. He has far superior talent compared to both Brown and Bradshaw. This past game against the Eagles will definitely jump start his confidence when playing with the regular offense, something he really needed. His hard work and determination will absolutely pay off and I suspect to see him playing a ton towards the second half of the season.

Moke
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Where the hell has Jernigan been? Is he really not resourceful? The management can't see anything in him yet?

CowboysSuck
10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Im starting to get flustered with this team right now.

Our best RB talent gets 0 carries

He had two carries and fumbled one, he got in on one offensive play last game and dropped the pass, he EXCELS at kick returns and has had praise heaped on him by TC. Gilbride has said they are working on plays designed to take advantage of his explosiveness. His day is coming

Nicks is banged up...the team wont say a thing about it

What is it they need to say? He has a swollen knee and he can't play yet. The medical staff believes rest will help him heal.

Now Barden is hurt

He has a concussion, it's a relatively short term issue and he should be available for the 49ers

Randle has no work ethic (supposedly)

Luckily for Rueben, he will have a chance on Sunday to disprove any notions that he's not taking things seriously or not practicing they way he should.

Bradshaw is still starting when its clear hes not who he used to be

We really don't have a "starting" running back but Bradshaw is the guy who is in for the first snap. Brown has been playing pretty well and they will continue to use that tandem until either Wilson or Scott is ready for prime time. That may not take long as Ahmad seems to go down every season which is how Brown move up in thee rotation.

Tuck is depressed again

I don't know if his saying he "sucks" is a sign of depression or not. I do think it's a fair self assessment though.

Hes starting to get JPP depressed

JPP says he's not having fun. The DEs need to figure out how to get more pressure.
Our Secondary is decimated

True, but Sash is back from suspension, Amukamara seems to be coming along nicely, Will Hill and Stevie Brown have been doing well and Coe practiced today. I'd like to have Hosley back. I suspect Rolle will play Sunday.

Osi really is a bellerina

He's not the Osi of old

The coaches have no answers

What are the questions?

Im Frustrated!!!!

We never would have guessed :rolleyes:

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
list looked the same this time last year too...dont sweat it. we got 10

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Christ, just stick him on the field for an entire series or two. None of this plain-as-day "Look, we are putting David Wilson on the field so we're obviously going to use him" crap.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Christ, just stick him on the field for an entire series or two. None of this plain-as-day "Look, we are putting David Wilson on the field so we're obviously going to use him" crap.

They don't even do that with Bradshaw :)

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
They don't even do that with Bradshaw :)
True... At least bring him out on 1st down for once. Just insert him into the rotation, never mind drawing up specific plays you'd otherwise never run.
It's just frustrating. They drafted a kick returner in the 1st round? I just want to see this guy play!

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
True... At least bring him out on 1st down for once. Just insert him into the rotation, never mind drawing up specific plays you'd otherwise never run.
It's just frustrating. They drafted a kick returner in the 1st round? I just want to see this guy play!

He happens to excel at it. Until they feel he's ready for prime time on offense, better to have him making positive contributions on STs than being inactive.

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
He happens to excel at it. Until they feel he's ready for prime time on offense, better to have him making positive contributions on STs than being inactive.
Also true. It's like seeing a glimpse of what could be on offense though.
At least he's eliminated one of the team's weaknesses. Been searching for a decent returner since Hixon stopped doing it.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Also true. It's like seeing a glimpse of what could be on offense though. At least he's eliminated one of the team's weaknesses. Been searching for a decent returner since Hixon stopped doing it.

First, we know TC has confidence in him as a returner or he'd not be back there. I think we are now 50 - 8 when we win the turnover battle so we can understand why the coaches want to be sure Wilson can control the ball. We don't see him at practice although TC has said he practices hard. I always defer to the coaching staff on when a rookie is ready. My sense is it won't be long.

gmen46
10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Where the hell has Jernigan been? Is he really not resourceful? The management can't see anything in him yet?

Obviously not.

Cool Papa B.
10-04-2012, 10:13 PM
The biggest hinderance to Wilson getting more playing time is his ability to block for Eli. We all know how TC and Gilbride puts that as a priority for RBs. Maybe he hasn't shown the ability to do that enough.

SackingMyths
10-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I agree with this. When he's in, the D knows the play is for him. Why bother?

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 06:34 AM
This kid gets his act together and Bradshaw will be riding the pines, I love Bradshaw but seriously can't wait for that to happen.