PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Brown

egyptian420
10-04-2012, 05:50 PM
So far I think this kid has played great. It also bodes well for him that Rolle said he didn't miss a beat the entire time he was filling in for KP....something most rookies would do. I was expecting him to get torched a few times but I don't think his name was called out at all.

What are your expectations for him for the rest of this year and do you think if he does extraordinarily well we'll eventually let KP walk?

Toadofsteel
10-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Well there was that one play where he blitzed and the normally annoying collinsworth made a salient point that if a defender can't cover, might as well rush him. Though that was just one play, and he did fine the rest of the game. The problem in that phase of the game was more Osi overpursuing and the Eagles exploiting that repeatedly...

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
So far I think this kid has played great. It also bodes well for him that Rolle said he didn't miss a beat the entire time he was filling in for KP....something most rookies would do. I was expecting him to get torched a few times but I don't think his name was called out at all.

What are your expectations for him for the rest of this year and do you think if he does extraordinarily well we'll eventually let KP walk?

He's going to need to stay on the roll.

DVision
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Stevie Brown isn't a rookie. He played well, but I saw him miss a few downfield tackles on those McCoy runs.

rtr1105
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
He's been playing well. I like him as a pass defender, he's good for our 3rd safety.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 07:15 PM

not a rookie this is his 3rd season in the NFL..
Oakland, Panthers, Giants

egyptian420
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Wow was I wrong, I thought he was an undrafted rookie lol whoops....never heard of the guy before he came here. Hope all goes well with him.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
to fill in and not tty to live up to Kp but to be solid till he gets back.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
This secondary is going to be very young Sunday. Prince, Hosely, Hill, and Brown. Luckily they are going against a rookie QB although he is getting better with every snap.

moosedrool
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Brown, Hill, Hosley, Amukamara all playing well. Some good young talent in the defensive backfield. Now if they could all stay healthy...

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 08:00 PM
not to rain on anyones parade but u could tell he is limited athletically and doesnt have great quickness. there was a pass vick threw under pressure and late over the middle to jackson on a slant. the ball sailed, and u can see brown react just way too slowly and jackson ends up getting a hand on it. collingsworth pointed it out himself as well...
i was happy with his play and feel we can get by with him subbing for KP for a week or two, but KP he is not and there will be passes going over his head if we ask him to play that center field role

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 08:00 PM
but we were already last in the league for YPA on passing plays so cant get much worse I guess

BParcells777
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
7 Tackles last Sunday night for Stevie and 2 in the enemy backfield

I saw 11 guys missing McCoy on those runs, but Stevie did blow him up on one of those tackles

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 06:41 AM
I think they've found a real nice piece of the puzzle in Brown, like the way he tackles...had that open field tackle on McCoy and stopped him dead in his tracks. That right there showed he was solid.