PDA

View Full Version : Browns' Trent Richardson sees room to run around edge of Giants' defense

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/browns_trent_richardson_sees_r.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Last week was not a banner week for the Giants in defending the run. In their loss to the Eagles, they bled away 191 rushing yards (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_try_to_fix_holes_in_lea.html#incart_river). And 132 yards of those yards were recorded as runs around the right or left end.Browns running back Trent Richardson took note of that trend while preparing for this week's game, and the rookie says he sees space to pick up yards on the edge against the Giants.

"Oh yeah," Richardson said on a conference call with the New York media today. "If we put a hat on a number, just cover them up, I think we can get yards on 'em. But at the same time, I know they're going to throw everything they can at us. I'm pretty sure they're going to game plan on our running game, and so we've got to make sure we open up the passing game so we can get some good runs in." Read more...

Moke
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Just run around Osi. You'll get yards like no tomorrow.

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
It was hard to watch him in the Eagles' game

Moke
10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
It was hard to watch him in the Eagles' game

My biggest gripe right now is with the run defense. I hope Trent doesn't give us much of a hassle because if he can run the ball, it'll give us less time to play the offense.

I know that's a reach, but I'm hoping Trent doesn't keep the clock moving all day.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
The Eagles ran the same cut back to the right play about 15 times. Osi wasnt the only one getting beat.

Flip Empty
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
The crowd may as well chant "OLE!" every time an opponent's back receives a hand-off.

Ruttiger711
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Someone needs to dub some Benny Hill music over osi's "lowlights" in the eagles game.

joemorrisforprez
10-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Can't say I blame him for being optimistic......Giants #22 ranked defense.....not exactly the Big Blue Wrecking Crew right now.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Any body who saw the game Sunday night saw the same thing.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
good maybe this will fire up our run defense.... just tell them what your going to do Trent ty.

Rudyy
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Osi agrees.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Did anyone watch this guy in college or in the pros so far? This guy runs hard. The Giants defense better gang tackle him. He doesn't go down easy.

Rusty192
10-04-2012, 10:42 PM
I know this may sound crazy, but I think we handle Richardson. We usually do well against power type backs. and yeah he has speed, but not like guys like Mccoy have.

If anyone noticed, we shutdown Mccoy in the first half. It was only in the second half where we lost discipline and everybody wanted to be a hero.

Plus, he IS the browns offense. Fewell will probably let us take our lumps with their passing game to be able to concentrate on Trent, but overall I'm not worried.

This teams run defense is better than some think.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
The problem the Giants have is they are very thin at DT with Bernard possibly not playing, very thin in their secondary, Boley is out, Rivers can not stay healthy, and if Osi is in the game they will run right at him.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
The problem the Giants have is they are very thin at DT with Bernard possibly not playing, very thin in their secondary, Boley is out, Rivers can not stay healthy, and if Osi is in the game they will run right at him.Buddy man are you always this negative. Have some faith. I agree with Rusty I really don't think Trent is a great at breaking it to the sideline like Mccoy. He is more run it right at you.

Rusty192
10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
The problem the Giants have is they are very thin at DT with Bernard possibly not playing, very thin in their secondary, Boley is out, Rivers can not stay healthy, and if Osi is in the game they will run right at him.Well then forget i said anything....were gonna get shredded.

In fact im not even watching.

thank you buddy ryan, to think i was going to waste my time watching these bums.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Some people are so sensitive. Those are just the facts. I didn't say they could not win. Or do are you saying the are in an ideal situation going into this game?

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Some people are so sensitive. Those are just the facts. I didn't say they could not win. Or do are you saying the are in an ideal situation going into this game?no but neither are the Browns they don't have a wr that can catch and Brandon Weeden is not a mobile qb and usually the Giants kill stationary qb's.

Rusty192
10-04-2012, 10:58 PM
lt's called sarcasm. ironic you calling me sensitive of all people buddy. lol

no situation is ideal. we are plagued with injuries. it happens. but its not like they haven't surprised us before with a dominant performance after we thought the end was near

GiantWarfare
10-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I know this may sound crazy, but I think we handle Richardson. We usually do well against power type backs. and yeah he has speed, but not like guys like Mccoy have.

If anyone noticed, we shutdown Mccoy in the first half. It was only in the second half where we lost discipline and everybody wanted to be a hero.

Plus, he IS the browns offense. Fewell will probably let us take our lumps with their passing game to be able to concentrate on Trent, but overall I'm not worried.

This teams run defense is better than some think.

Agreed. I'm less worried about containing power backs as opposed to shifty speed guys. Even though it isn't feasible, I never wanna see McCoy again...

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Some people are so sensitive. Those are just the facts. I didn't say they could not win. Or do are you saying the are in an ideal situation going into this game?
lol. ppl arent sensitive. they just think ur "weeden will outplay eli and richardson will run all over us" statements are complete troll bs...and dislike it and tell u so. u dont like the reaction, dont try pushing buttons and goating them

giantsforce
10-04-2012, 11:57 PM

This teams run defense is better than some think.Any team with an average passing game will beat the Giants secondary for sure.

giantsfan420
10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
we havent seen hosely and prince as the corners tho, webster has been torched non stop so new blood might help out.

giantsforce
10-05-2012, 12:06 AM
we havent seen hosely and prince as the corners tho, webster has been torched non stop so new blood might help out.We haven't seen them because they have not been able to stay healthy for more than one game.

YATittle1962
10-05-2012, 12:14 AM
The Eagles ran the same cut back to the right play about 15 times. Osi wasnt the only one getting beat.

they have been killing us with that since Brian Westbrook

so tired of seeing this D break contain, leave their lanes and chase the ball

that is a sure sign of a lack of trust between players when you are trying to do someone else's job

appodictic
10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Osi can not tackle anyone with those littler girly shoulderpads.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
With the way our run defense has been playing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Trent Richardson put 100+ on us just on the ground.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:26 AM
My Grandma can come up with this defensive gameplan...... stop Richardson, force the Brown to win it on Weeden's arm.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Well we did just make Vick look like Joe Montana. Through the first few games he was an interception machine and in our game he didn't throw one. I still want to know which Giants team is going to show up. The one that trounced Carolina or the one that laid the egg against Dallas or the one that had to come back from behind in Tampa? They still ahven't established their identity.

Flip Empty
10-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Well we did just make Vick look like Joe Montana. Through the first few games he was an interception machine and in our game he didn't throw one. I still want to know which Giants team is going to show up. The one that trounced Carolina or the one that laid the egg against Dallas or the one that had to come back from behind in Tampa? They still ahven't established their identity.
Inconsistency is their identity. It has been for years.

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Wow there's a surprise!

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Hopefully the few starters they have left will hold it together and maybe the younger, more hungry players will be liking to prove something. They better not take them lightly. This team has lost 4 very close games.