PDA

View Full Version : I don't think our players are hungry anymore... some of them anyway...... JPP?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Watch other D-line's play.... the energy and relentlessness they play with.... we don't have that yet we have superior talent than any unit in the league.....

Listen to this JPP quote... makes me worry a little...

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1417559662/RalphPic_normal.jpg Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN) Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game.

"I'm not having that fun I'm used to," "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year. And that’ll go for the other guys too. You could see it their eyes that they’re not having fun with the game. They’ve got to find themselves and I’ve got to find myself." #NYG about 9 hours ago

I'm not worried about JPP even though that's not exactly what i want to be hearing from a 3rd year player that's 23 years old..... however it doesn't look like we have that hunger right now.

Tuck is moping about how he sucks.... I hope Tuck get's pissed and unleashes along with Osi, JPP, Kiwi & co.......

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 12:14 AM
I think you are making something into nothing. Maybe he just means that they are to business like and they need to loosen up?

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 12:24 AM
certainly worries me too to hear tuck err i mean JPP say that.

seems like the d captain is being the opposite of a desired influence. to be honest, i have been thinking that JPP hadnt looked his usual self after he makes a big play, he hasnt been wooping it up wit his teammates or hooting n hollerin like he/they were last year...he kinda just goes back to the LOS/huddle now. seriously it seems like tuck is rubbing off on JPP. JPP aint playing bad tho, maybe he's really trying to get that message to tuck or something i dunno, i just know i dont like

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
I think you are making something into nothing. Maybe he just means that they are to business like and they need to loosen up?

Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.

The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-line

Plenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.

I'm not too concerned but it's ridiculous.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Super Bowl hangover......it happens to most teams.

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Super Bowl hangover......it happens to most teams.

A 5-game SB hangover?

FlyingTruck
10-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Super Bowl hangover......it happens to most teams.It wasn't like this after the 07 Super Bowl....

gmen0820
10-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-linePlenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.I'm not too concerned but it's ridiculous.Cardinals have a pitiful OL, and their offensive gameplan consisted of Kolb throwing the ball 50 times in a game that was 1 possession the majority of the game.

ChuckKnoxx
10-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Little surprised to hear how unfocused a defending champion can be in week 5. I guess the mindset of the team will be revealed in how they put down the dog pound this Sunday. Champions don't play down to weaker competition. Get it done Sunday.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:17 AM
A 5-game SB hangover?

It's very difficult to repeat. Alot of players lose their fire.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I think they're confused. I am not sure if they thought everyone was supposed to lie down and let them win or they just can't get it together, but they are a quarter of the way through the season and split 2-2 in the first quarter. They need to figure it out because we are starting to get into the meat of the season where wins and losses are going to mean much more.

ELI_Iz_God
10-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Watch other D-line's play.... the energy and relentlessness they play with.... we don't have that yet we have superior talent than any unit in the league.....

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1417559662/RalphPic_normal.jpg Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN) Jason Pierre-Paul is unhappy and it's starting to affect his game.

I'm not worried about JPP even though that's not exactly what i want to be hearing from a 3rd year player that's 23 years old..... however it doesn't look like we have that hunger right now.

Tuck is moping about how he sucks.... I hope Tuck get's pissed and unleashes along with Osi, JPP, Kiwi & co.......

If Tuck is having another "Maybe I should retire crisis" We heard it all last year. His play so far is a mirror image of last year...him standing on the sideline waving a towel, except now he's doing it taking up a position on the field. The NFL and it's fans doesn't have time for this crap.....your either here to play or not...make up your mind and stop wasting this teams time.

Marvelousmik
10-05-2012, 03:58 AM
lol last week "we were setting up to destroy the eagles" and we were clicking on all cylinders. Now we arent hungry. cant wait to see whats said after the browns game.

nygfanmaybe
10-05-2012, 04:22 AM
I think they are being frustrated because we have just played a streak of "escapable QB's"...and IMO, we didn't play them correctly. Some guys sit in the pocket like statues, and we feed on those types, but some have the talent to move or slide in the pocket and those guys need to be contained. A flat all-out bull rush doesn't seem to work against those types of QB's.

BurnerNYG
10-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Remember when Tuck ran down Tomlinson? Remember when we were playing the Rams and he tIpped a pass, picked it off and ran for a TD? Well remember it because that Tuck is loooong gone. I guess the aura of Strahan is starting to wear off. As far as Osi, 4 games in and no forced fumbles... might be too early to call it but he's starting to look a little washed. No leadership out there, definitely not the caliber of Stra. JPP is gonna be fine, in fact he's gonna develop into a leader and will be that one Giant still standing after Coughlin and Eli retires. You can't win a championship every year and maybe some of the guys on the team just aren't up for it this year. That fire will light back up once they see somebody else holding up that trophy though.

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.

100% agree

lol last week "we were setting up to destroy the eagles" and we were clicking on all cylinders. Now we arent hungry. cant wait to see whats said after the browns game.
I don 't play the games, I just go off what I see and feel. Felt we were ready to 'take off', most specifically that the D-line was ready to wake up. Also thought Nicks would be a full go.

WinterIsComing
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
That sounds more like Tuck talking than JPP. Attitude's can be contagious and it seems like Tuck's negative outlook on his performance this year is starting to spread to the rest of his D line teammates.

Marvelousmik
10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
100% agree

I don 't play the games, I just go off what I see and feel. Felt we were ready to 'take off', most specifically that the D-line was ready to wake up. Also thought Nicks would be a full go.

i know man, im just giving you a hard time. If theres one thing i know from experience, its that you have to take each game week by week with the giants. Especially this early in the season. They could look bad one week then look great the next. Or look good one week and then play horrible the following week. You never know. I wouldnt be surprised if the browns game comes down to the last play just like the eagles game.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
i know man, im just giving you a hard time. If theres one thing i know from experience, its that you have to take each game week by week with the giants. Especially this early in the season. They could look bad one week then look great the next. Or look good one week and then play horrible the following week. You never know. I wouldnt be surprised if the browns game comes down to the last play just like the eagles game.
If we don't blow out this horrible Browns teams and I know, I know.. any given Sunday. That's all fine and dandy but the Browns suck. They suck. They played toe to toe with Baltimore but we should blow them out of the water.

I expect Eli to take care of business early and shred the ever living out of that secondary.

We are very, very banged up but if we shut down Trent Richardson and I believe he is going to be hard-pressed for yardage on Sunday, we will roll. They don't have the receivers or the QB Weeden does not run the football. He is in serious trouble Sunday. He is the perfect QB to play to get our pass rush going even though he has some good body guards protecting him.

JPP isn't having fun, Tuck agrees says he sucks and he agrees with JPP... I have a feeling the Giants are going to have a lot of fun Sunday.

OX1
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
JPP rose to stardum quick and then got a ring.
I doubt any on this team are having as much fun
as bouncing back from a losing record,
winning 6 straight, including the SB.

Thatw as heck of a ride that may never happen again.......

SweetZombieJesus
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
This team can never just be professional (and I don't mean that in an overly-critical manner)... It always needs that back-against-the-wall spark to fulfill its potential. This is year 9 and it's been the same way the whole time, even during championship years -- 6-2 starts, 2nd half collapses, miracle runs once they find their motivation, or complete flameouts.

Just the way it is.

Not what I would expect out of Coughlin but that's the dynamic that very obviously is at play here.

TroyArcher
10-05-2012, 10:10 AM

They have proven themselves in the past, obvious statement. They better get their act together soon or the hole will be too big to dig out. The schedule is brutal and they have to win the close games. So far 1-1 in that category.

burier
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
the problem with the D-line is Tuck and Osi period. Get them out of the lineup and the Dline will produce.

Ruttiger711
10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
If we don't blow out this horrible Browns teams and I know, I know.. any given Sunday. That's all fine and dandy but the Browns suck. They suck. They played toe to toe with Baltimore but we should blow them out of the water.

I expect Eli to take care of business early and shred the ever living out of that secondary.

We are very, very banged up but if we shut down Trent Richardson and I believe he is going to be hard-pressed for yardage on Sunday, we will roll. They don't have the receivers or the QB Weeden does not run the football. He is in serious trouble Sunday. He is the perfect QB to play to get our pass rush going even though he has some good body guards protecting him.

JPP isn't having fun, Tuck agrees says he sucks and he agrees with JPP... I have a feeling the Giants are going to have a lot of fun Sunday.

You really cant go in (as a fan) expecting a blowout - youre only setting yourself up to be dissapointed. A win sure, but not a blowout. Our defenses are too close, as in the bottom to expect a blowout.

GIANTSED101
10-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I think the problem with the D line is they're wearing down. Depth is a huge thing in this league and if you don't have depth then teams are going to wear you down. We haven't been at full strength in any of these games. We have injuries and people out at every defensive position, whether DT, DE, LB, Corner, Safety. JPP's comments don't worry me they're just straight forward. Instead of complaining and moping about things go out there and do your job.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Giants are going to absolutely demolish the Browns this Sunday. Mark it down. They're coming off a close, frustrating loss in a game they very well could have won and they're backs are against the wall a bit knowing they can't fall behind PHI too much.

TC will have them refocused and it'll show in their play.

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
anybody who says he's not concerned about our D line and the pass rush in particular is just kidding themselves, these guys have to step up and motivating players is also a coaches job, sometimes even super stars need a kick in the butt....

BlueReign
10-05-2012, 11:11 AM

Ya know, I really agree with you. I want to see some fire or disgust about losing to two rivals by less than 10 points combined.I want Tuck to just shut his mouth and make an impact on the field. Show something,

GameTime
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
most players and teams go through ups and downs....
The Giants are no different...

just chill

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 12:26 PM
most players and teams go through ups and downs....
The Giants are no different...

just chill

How can you "just chill" when every game, win or lose, is just tempting a heart attack?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:38 PM
How can you "just chill" when every game, win or lose, is just tempting a heart attack?

like 95% of the Giants games I have ever watched.......

besides I have had a heart atttack already once before so been there done that.....:cool:

NYFG
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't think this quote has anything to do with a Superbowl Hangover. I think it has more to do with the (lack of) performance of the D-Line. He and Tuck are probably frustrated that they haven't been as successful this year as they have been in years past.

SackingMyths
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I think the problem with the D line is they're wearing down. Depth is a huge thing in this league and if you don't have depth then teams are going to wear you down. We haven't been at full strength in any of these games.

BINGO. Want proof? Murray and McCoy were COMPLETELY bottled up in the first half of both games, only to completely shred our run D in the 2nd half. Jason Garrett even mentioned how "the better conditioned team" won the game.

This speaks to our depth (or lack thereof) and rash of injuries at too many positions. But what else is new?

So guys that are most effective as rotational players like Rocky just can't be asked to play so many snaps...

...But that doesn't matter because EVEN HE isn't playing this upcoming game.

I'd like to see us smoke an inferior team like the Brownies, and think we'll win. But I'm not expecting a blowout at all and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if T-Rich has a big game against us. He's just the type of physical back who can wear a depleted D like ours down over the course of the game.

So frustrating.

thomsoad
10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Cardinals have a pitiful OL, and their offensive gameplan consisted of Kolb throwing the ball 50 times in a game that was 1 possession the majority of the game.

And the Eagles Oline is a pillar of strength?!!

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:56 PM
heard more then a few analysts say that there are only a few really good olines at this point in the season. I guess its trending for some reason

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-linePlenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.I'm not too concerned but it's ridiculous.I'm not to sure if what we saw last night was 2 really good defenses or 2 very bad OL's. Maybe both.

Diamondring
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
You guys are looking at the D-line too much and not the dbs. We suppose to have talent there and they aren't getting the job done. Fewel has to blitz sometimes as well cause some offenses use extra blockers and some qbs can run well so we need players who can run with them.

Our defense has a lot of pass rushers and not that many run stoppers. The best offense is to put up a lot of points. Ball control only put up less points and most of the time, the defense has to be real good inorder for ball control to work, Our defense has too many weaknesses and it is not even Osi and I think he is overrated.

GIANTSED101
10-05-2012, 02:27 PM
With our lack of depth on defense we need to score points and get on teams fast. We can't afford to score only score 3 points in the first halves. Look at the dallas and eagles games. I believe we only scored 3 points in the first half of each of those games. Our D is playing solid for the first halves. The other offenses start making these long consistent drives and start scoring, if we're not matching with long drives and points our D is right back on the field.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
With our lack of depth on defense we need to score points and get on teams fast. We can't afford to score only score 3 points in the first halves. Look at the dallas and eagles games. I believe we only scored 3 points in the first half of each of those games. Our D is playing solid for the first halves. The other offenses start making these long consistent drives and start scoring, if we're not matching with long drives and points our D is right back on the field.
while all this is true the offense have been lacking in rythem. They need to get a rythem going and not just keep throwing deep. Now that I ahev said they they prob score on the second pass from scrimage on a deep bomb...lol
I know its been brought up many times but I wonder why they dont use the no huddle or semi hurry up offense as a strategy. That may have worked vs the Eagles since the eagle were changing Dlinemen in and out all game.
IDK....they team as a whole needs a spark....

GIANTSED101
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
while all this is true the offense have been lacking in rythem. They need to get a rythem going and not just keep throwing deep. Now that I ahev said they they prob score on the second pass from scrimage on a deep bomb...lol
I know its been brought up many times but I wonder why they dont use the no huddle or semi hurry up offense as a strategy. That may have worked vs the Eagles since the eagle were changing Dlinemen in and out all game.
IDK....they team as a whole needs a spark....

I completely agree w/ the no huddle. The Eagles were running in different lineman all game long and for some reason we never changed up the tempo. Everybody and they mama knows Eli is at his best in the no huddle but for some reason we never run it enough. It seems like KG doesn't like giving Eli the keys all the time and rather be the one driving if you know what I mean.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=GIANTSED101;518083]I completely agree w/ the no huddle. The Eagles were running in different lineman all game long and for some reason we never changed up the tempo. Everybody and they mama knows Eli is at his best in the no huddle but for some reason we never run it enough. It seems like KG doesn't like giving Eli the keys all the time and rather be the one driving if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE

makes no sense really why he would be like that. Kind of odd.....

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I think we'd all be very happy with our secondary if we could somehow finally get some consistent pressure on the QB

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I think we'd all be very happy with our secondary if we could somehow finally get some consistent pressure on the QB

Id be happy with any pressure at all...it is almost non existent....I don't mean sacks...just some hits or some hurries would be nice.......when the qb throws the ball and on the tv there is not a giant on the screen there is a problem

B&RWarrior
10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Id be happy with any pressure at all...it is almost non existent....I don't mean sacks...just some hits or some hurries would be nice.......when the qb throws the ball and on the tv there is not a giant on the screen there is a problem

Look the reality is this line was not as good as the 07' line. I think it's laughable that anyone wold try to read into a football players quote. I love JPP but he's no tdropping Confucianisms in post game interviews. We'll be fine and if not Reese will bring in some players next year to meet the challenge.

Parademon
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Romo, Vick & Cam are elusive, athletic, scrambling QBs, even Freeman can run when he has to. Our D line is not always gonna have success vs those type of QBs cuz they can elude the pass rush & either take off for yardage or throw the ball away or complete it to a reciever. We will probably have more success vs the pocket passers that are less elusive.

I have confidence that the sacks & pressures will come.

GiantRoc
10-06-2012, 01:55 AM
I think Tuck and Osi are bringing these guys down. They are our top vets. Tuck took it upon himself to be a leader. A leader can't mope and display a beaten attitude. We have so much youth on the D. Youth is so impressionable. If they see doubt, or a vet they look up playing half-a**ed, its going to rub off. I see it on my job all the time. I don't know maybe its the constant injuries getting into their heads. I hope TC can pull another rabit out of his hat this year. We will need it just to be respectable.

Rat_bastich
10-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Lack of production is killing them emotionally and wearing them out. All they need is one good game and everything will be on the up and up again. Maybe Cleveland is the game this happens or maybe Cleveland is the game that causes the bottom to drop out. Winning fixes everything, winning convincingly will repair all the egos.

gmen0820
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
And the Eagles Oline is a pillar of strength?!!No, which is why we were getting stellar pressure until the Eagles started shortening their drops, max protect, draws, etc. Cardinals only had Ryan Williams to plod and trip for 3 yards here or there.

slipknottin
10-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.

The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-line

Plenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.

The rams dont have much less. Chris Long is one of the best DEs in the league, and Quinn was the 14th overall pick.

Going against the worst OL in the league and a stationary QB.

Rams have invested more (in terms of draft picks) in their DL than the giants have.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=GIANTSED101;518083]I completely agree w/ the no huddle. The Eagles were running in different lineman all game long and for some reason we never changed up the tempo. Everybody and they mama knows Eli is at his best in the no huddle but for some reason we never run it enough. It seems like KG doesn't like giving Eli the keys all the time and rather be the one driving if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE

makes no sense really why he would be like that. Kind of odd.....

You just hit on the "problem" The Eagles have quality depth on the DLine that they use on purpose. We have depth on the DLine that we use when necessary (Ojomo and Tracey). We rely on the once fearsome foursome whose asses are clearly dragging. They take themselves out of the game instead of working depth into the game plan.

I could've had a V-8 :)

jomo
10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 11:14 AM
This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.

You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.

giantsfan420
10-06-2012, 11:31 AM
good points RF

jomo
10-06-2012, 11:51 AM
You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.No problem at all with this approach.

GiantRoc
10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.

jomo
10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.Haven't heard anything about Canty in a couple of weeks. I remember when he groused about being put on the PUP in training camp then groused about being shelved for the start of the regular season. I guess he just likes to grouse about stuff. lol

JesseJames
10-06-2012, 05:20 PM

unfortunately our veteran leadership is also needing to get back on track

JesseJames
10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for. we've got Tracy and Ojomo waiting on the sidelines with their tongues hanging out waiting for a chance to show what they can do and we have 2 DEs walking around out there just going through the motions, maybe if we put in Ojomo or Tracy it might light a fire under the starters butts to get them going...