PDA

View Full Version : Bring back 17

Cash Marley
10-05-2012, 06:37 AM
People might say he's old or lost a step but I say bull ,17 or Plax is needed right now to give the team a spark. I believe in redemption and I'm sure 17 wants to redeem himself for letting himself and the team down in 08. He caught 8 tds last yr and we need him to make people respect us in the red zone. Bring back 17 and we will go on a winning streak guaranteed!!!!!!!!

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I think what we have in our receiving corps is better than him. This is one of our strengths as the next man up seems to come from this group more than anywhere else(excepting tight end of course). I think we need a spark in the O-Line or on the defensive side more than anything else. Is ay suit AP up instead.

Cash Marley
10-05-2012, 07:01 AM
17 can help us repeat this time to redeem himself for 08 debacle. I think this would be GOOD KARMA in a sense. We have to be able to win more than 2 in a row to be the first repeat champions in some time now . Take it from me 17 equals GOOD KARMA !!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
10-05-2012, 08:16 AM
The wild bushes that grew where that bridge used to stand have been burned to the ground.

Moke
10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
No thanks. He's old and he's not fit for the team anymore. He deserves another team, if he ever gets one.

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
People might say he's old or lost a step but I say bull ,17 or Plax is needed right now to give the team a spark. I believe in redemption and I'm sure 17 wants to redeem himself for letting himself and the team down in 08. He caught 8 tds last yr and we need him to make people respect us in the red zone. Bring back 17 and we will go on a winning streak guaranteed!!!!!!!! What spark?. the guy cant run. He was virtually invisible between the 20's last year. The Jets who have nothing at WR dont want him back. He isnt on any NFL roster after working out for teams that should tell u something

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
People might say he's old or lost a step but I say bull ,17 or Plax is needed right now to give the team a spark. I believe in redemption and I'm sure 17 wants to redeem himself for letting himself and the team down in 08. He caught 8 tds last yr and we need him to make people respect us in the red zone. Bring back 17 and we will go on a winning streak guaranteed!!!!!!!!

Really? 32 teams are wrong?

Mercury
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd rather give the younger guys who are our future the reps. Or maybe we can lure TO out of retirement.

nhpgiantsfan
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
This idea wouldn't be as crazy as it sounds if Nicks were def out for the season.

FBomb
10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
lol.....is Plax now a member of the board? There's a reason he isn't on a roster.

Moke
10-05-2012, 10:13 AM
What spark?. the guy cant run. He was virtually invisible between the 20's last year. The Jets who have nothing at WR dont want him back. He isnt on any NFL roster after working out for teams that should tell u something

This. If the Jets dont want him, and they are in need of a WR, why the hell would a team with nice depth at the WR spot actually need another WR? Especially Plax.

Ruttiger711
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
This idea wouldn't be as crazy as it sounds if Nicks were def out for the season.

Probably 4-5 receivers would get looked at before plax.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah Plaxico is just who we need, he could mentor our young guys like JJ and RR, no one ever questioned this man's work ethic or drive!

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
We don't NEED Plax.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I stopped after the insistence on Karma. Karma is Plaxico shooting himself and that beginning his decline and the Giants finding better receivers because of it.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 11:37 AM
This idea wouldn't be as crazy as it sounds if Nicks were def out for the season. Not even then

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 11:49 AM
It would not hurt to bring in a number of receivers for a worlkout.......all the names named here and perhaps a few more

We got Brandon Stokley for a song when we were in a similar jam last year.......he quickly got hurt but is doing well in Denver this year.....there has to b a few WRs we can give a tryout.......I do not see the harm in that

Moke
10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
But not Plax... Sorry.

He's been long gone and I'm glad he has been.

egyptian420
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
I believe in redemption and I'm sure 17 wants to redeem himself for letting himself and the team down in 08Are you forgetting we gave him a chance to redeem himself last year and he declined it because Coughlin was too much of a hardass?

He chose Rex because he was more lax and look how that worked out for him and what happened to us.... He made his bid and now he has to live with it.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:48 PM
It would not hurt to bring in a number of receivers for a worlkout.......all the names named here and perhaps a few more

We got Brandon Stokley for a song when we were in a similar jam last year.......he quickly got hurt but is doing well in Denver this year.....there has to b a few WRs we can give a tryout.......I do not see the harm in that

How do you know they aren't? They typically bring players in for looks every week, very often on Tuesday when the team is off.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Are you forgetting we gave him a chance to redeem himself last year and he declined it because Coughlin was too much of a hardass?

He chose Rex because he was more lax and look how that worked out for him and what happened to us.... He made his bid and now he has to live with it.

Eh, don't kid yourself. He chose the Jets becasue they guranteed him $3M and we wouldn't even guarantee him $1M.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM

Look at the Jets WR situation and they won't even bring him in for a look . . . . what does that tell you?

johnson
10-05-2012, 12:59 PM
What I would rather happen to me than see plax back...

http://gifs.gifbin.com/082012/1349282023_sprinkler_nut_shot.gif

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
What spark?. the guy cant run. He was virtually invisible between the 20's last year. The Jets who have nothing at WR dont want him back. He isnt on any NFL roster after working out for teams that should tell u something

But look how tall he is :rolleyes:

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Ramses Barden is a better receiver than Plax at this point, and that's saying a lot...

Ruttiger711
10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Eh, don't kid yourself. He chose the Jets becasue they guranteed him $3M and we wouldn't even guarantee him $1M.

Wait I thought it was because Eli didnt stop his world and go and greet him personally.... it was all about the money, nothing more. The Giants did Plax a favor by even having a meeting - probably drove up the price the Jets paid.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Wait I thought it was because Eli didnt stop his world and go and greet him personally.... it was all about the money, nothing more. The Giants did Plax a favor by even having a meeting - probably drove up the price the Jets paid.

how quickly you guys forget Plax's role in beating GB 4 yrs ago, and his SB catch

He was not fast then......he was tough and tall and not afraid to go up for the ball

His stiff arm against GB was a thing of beauty. Plax is a very physical receiver.......basing what we do on what the Jets will not do is insanity
I'd say the Jets are an excellent negative barometer.......whatever they decided to do I'd go the other way with confidence

He is also a large and awesome downfield blocker for the RBs........I'm sure he would come here for vet min at this point.

My God.........really what would it hurt........a roster spot?

Ruttiger711
10-05-2012, 03:24 PM
how quickly you guys forget Plax's role in beating GB 4 yrs ago, and his SB catch

He was not fast then......he was tough and tall and not afraid to go up for the ball

His stiff arm against GB was a thing of beauty. Plax is a very physical receiver.......basing what we do on what the Jets will not do is insanity
I'd say the Jets are an excellent negative barometer.......whatever they decided to do I'd go the other way with confidence

He is also a large and awesome downfield blocker for the RBs........I'm sure he would come here for vet min at this point.

Disagree - Plax WAS deceptively fast then... he's so long and lanky that what may take one receiver 5 strides would take plax 4, so it never looked like he was "moving" but he was.

Now or the most recent history of him playing..... any Jets fan i know says Plax was nowhere to be found between the 20's.. couldnt get separation... that wont fly here.. not to mention that he threw Sanchez under the bus on his way out meaning he's the same immature jack-hole.

It would be worth more to be down to a 52 man roster than to invite the circus he would bring with him.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Who would you release to bring Plaxico aboard?

BuffyBlueII
10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I think the only real reason we along with Pittsburgh Steelers even looked at Plexiglass was to help an old team member to spark interest around the league and to drive his price up.

After what Plexiglass did in 2008 there is no way we could ever take him back. He really threw us out of synch. However, he did look good last season and if he had a real QB as opposed to Sanchize throwing to him I think he would have put up better numbers.

I bELIeve.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
17 can help us repeat this time to redeem himself for 08 debacle. I think this would be GOOD KARMA in a sense. We have to be able to win more than 2 in a row to be the first repeat champions in some time now . Take it from me 17 equals GOOD KARMA !!!!!Nice try Burress.

qndarius3
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM

no.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
no one needs to throw Sanchez under the bus..........he resides under the bus along with Tony Romo LOL

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
The wild bushes that grew where that bridge used to stand have been burned to the ground.

Amen......I'll remember Plax for helping the Giants win a Super Bowl in 2007, and then blowing up the team in 2008......so he's a net 0.00 in my book.

I'll take Nicks, or Cruz any day of the week over that head case. Coughlin finally has this team on the same page.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Nice try Burress.

LMAO!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM

How quickly you forget that he was already in serious decline in 2008. FIVE SEASONS AGO.

If we're looking at washed up former Giants I'd sooner give Tyree or Steve Smith a call.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Who would you release to bring Plaxico aboard?

Good question.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Good question.

Even a blind hog gets an acorn once in a while :cool:

Giantslb66
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I would rather have Shockey back!!!!!!

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
I would rather have Shockey back!!!!!!

I do not want either...Ive grown to like the team concept that seems to prevail in our current WR/te group

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Screw that...let's get Bavaro on the Tony Gonzalez diet and see what he can do for us again.

BillTheGreek
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
If it's OK with Eli, it's OK with me. lol

GO GIANTS !

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
no one needs to throw Sanchez under the bus..........he resides under the bus along with Tony Romo LOL

Now that's funny

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I do not want either...Ive grown to like the team concept that seems to prevail in our current WR/te group

+1

cease
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
say what u want 2 say bout him he still got some of the best hands n tha game

TextureDj
10-06-2012, 02:33 PM
say what u want 2 say bout him he still got some of the best hands n tha game What game would that be? Did Plax take up golf or something?

Breezely
10-06-2012, 02:37 PM
You mean that's all the Giants' HAVE TO DO?

Captain Chaos
10-06-2012, 06:50 PM
He didn't even use red when he wrote that....shocking!

Antwuan
10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
I was a Plax Fan when he was with the Giants but im not in the favor of him coming back we don't really need him. We are a very talented at the WR position.

giantsfan420
10-07-2012, 02:10 AM
god forbid but say we lose nicks or cruz for the season...all a sudden 17 is looking very enticing

Rat_bastich
10-07-2012, 04:16 AM
god forbid but say we lose nicks or cruz for the season...all a sudden 17 is looking very enticing

I think Douglas would come off of the practice squad way before the thought of 17 making a reunion was even realized.

giantsfan420
10-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I think Douglas would come off of the practice squad way before the thought of 17 making a reunion was even realized.
i could see them doing that if we were to IR barden or something. i doubt the giants staff would believe douglass could come in and give #1 wr reps...its all speculative tho so could see it going down like that as well

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM

How would we know that?

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 08:10 AM

There is a reason he's not playing on any of the 32 teams in the league

hungrrrry
10-07-2012, 09:52 AM

Plax can't play corner nor safety so he is useless here. We don't need a WR. Nicks is out but our #3's are proving very capable of keeping our offense sharp. Plax would be bad for the lockerroom and sidelines and his abilities to seperate and run after the catch are likely diminished since he was last here. I'd rather not.

giantsfan420
10-07-2012, 10:05 AM
There is a reason he's not playing on any of the 32 teams in the league
oh i agree. im just saying that god forbid an injury IR's one of our top 2 wr's, plex would start to look more and more viable. and who knows, its slim but there is a small % that we would sign him should we find ourselves in that situation.

i dont get how he gets signed last yr, but not this one. like vick, i'd expect plex to have a much better 2nd year than 1rst one. wouldnt surprise me at all if plex actually was near the level pre jail to be honest. just my speculation tho

Flip Empty
10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Why would Plax have any more chance of being signed than another receiver? I'd rather see Danario Alexander before Plax.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 10:34 AM
oh i agree. im just saying that god forbid an injury IR's one of our top 2 wr's, plex would start to look more and more viable. and who knows, its slim but there is a small % that we would sign him should we find ourselves in that situation.

i dont get how he gets signed last yr, but not this one. like vick, i'd expect plex to have a much better 2nd year than 1rst one. wouldnt surprise me at all if plex actually was near the level pre jail to be honest. just my speculation tho

All I know is not one team has any interest in him. I'm staying out of the fray because I don't like Plaxico.

NYGabriel
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
"Manning lobs it, Burress alone, TD New York".

Great memories and that's what Plax needs to stay. A memory.

appodictic
10-07-2012, 12:38 PM
OMG! A bring back plax thread! I thought those had died off after we showed the Cruz and Nicks were 10 times better , talent,speed,work ethic. Thanks for the laugh. I did not have to read past plax but I am assured the rest is funny. thanks for the laugh.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 12:46 PM

yea he may have the best hands but hes also got a big mouth. i doubt TC will ever consider bringing Plax to the Giants again

FBomb
10-07-2012, 12:53 PM

lol....according to who? I'm pretty sure to qualify for "best hands n tha game" you need a good QB throwing the ball to you. He hasn't had one of those since he shot himself in the leg and ruined our chance of a repeat.

**** Plax!!