PDA

View Full Version : Beatty This Past Week And Moving Forward

GMEN023
10-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I just found this link on ESPN. It's under the NFC East blog and was pretty eyeopening about Beatty this past weekend. It was mostly positive about him and went pretty in depth. It's encouraging since Beatty was not very good last year and I had my doubts about him. But if he plays like this last weekend against Trent Cole then I think he can bulid off that and perform well the rest of the season.

Link:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/43928/film-review-will-beatty-handled-trent-cole

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
I just found this link on ESPN. It's under the NFC East blog and was pretty eyeopening about Beatty this past weekend. It was mostly positive about him and went pretty in depth. It's encouraging since Beatty was not very good last year and I had my doubts about him. But if he plays like this last weekend against Trent Cole then I think he can bulid off that and perform well the rest of the season.

Link:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/43928/film-review-will-beatty-handled-trent-cole

I disagree that Beatty was not very good last year. He was playing fine and seemed to be improving before he got hurt. His major problem has always been his ability to stay on the field.

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Read it already. If anyone has watched Beatty close this year he's played very well and is one of the more reliable o-line men. He hasn't drawn any penalties (maybe 1 if that?) and has had to guard some pro-bowl caliber d ends. If he remains healthy, he should remain on the field for us for every offensive play.

BlueJayC
10-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Agreed......he's a solid tackle and that eye injury was very freakish/random. He's rebounded well. Hopefully he can stay healthy because that seems to be the O-Lines biggest issue....hell their best Tackle in recent memory was Shawn Andrews.......guy was a wall but just couldn't stay healthy.

TroyArcher
10-05-2012, 11:03 AM
I disagree that Beatty was not very good last year. He was playing fine and seemed to be improving before he got hurt. His major problem has always been his ability to stay on the field.

A problem shared by many on this team.

timmytimm3
10-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah but he dropped a pass in the endzone!!

Beatty is solid.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I disagree that Beatty was not very good last year. He was playing fine and seemed to be improving before he got hurt. His major problem has always been his ability to stay on the field. +1

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah but he dropped a pass in the endzone!! Beatty is solid. you know though that play is going to give teams something else to think about the next time we're in that situation

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Beatty has done a good job.

The problem with Gilbride's pass-happy approach is that it doesn't do anything to slow down guys like Cole and Babin. These lineman want to go on the attack every once in a while with some run-blocking.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
as long as he stays healthy with is back he shoudl be the Giants LT for the next several years....

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:06 PM
as long as he stays healthy with is back he shoudl be the Giants LT for the next several years....

That's three times today we agree? WTF?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
That's three times today we agree? WTF?
I am getting older you know.....

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I am getting older you know.....

And wiser, might I add

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
And wiser, might I add
but of course....

time for the my Metimucil break......:p

DaKraken
10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
It's so funny how hot and cold the posters are on this board...one minute Beatty is a flop/bust and the next he's solid/great. I could insert a LOT of other names into that statement (Barden, etc).

Bottom line the guy is still young, learning to be a solid NFL pro and has had a lot of injury setbacks. His play this year thus far has been encouraging. Let's hope he stays healthy and his progress continues...

Tmurda1984
10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Beatty has done a good job.

The problem with Gilbride's pass-happy approach is that it doesn't do anything to slow down guys like Cole and Babin. These lineman want to go on the attack every once in a while with some run-blocking.

How can you blame Gilbride for the Giants passing the ball more. Our running game stinks, and was being carried by an often injured Andre Brown. Beatty is a left tackle and was picked very high....I dont care if a franchise QB like Eli dropped back 40 times...thats no excuse for Beatty. We will run the ball more when our interior linemen gets some push, Bradshaw would stop running like an old man, and if David Wilson can get his head out of his rear end. Blame Reese, Gilbride is doing the best he can with the talent he has on the roster....When u have a QB like Eli and to draft Beatty high then we better be passing the ball if our running situation aint working out.

I Bleed Blue
10-05-2012, 07:35 PM

You are absolutely wrong about him not being very good last year. Like most of our linemen, he needed to improve in certain areas, and was on his way there before the eye injury. I'm feeling better and better about him each and every week.