PDA

View Full Version : The Giants Staff Must Be Doing Something Wrong To be This Injury Ravaged Every Season

bigblue58
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Look at this Injury report....more than any other team in the league
Did Not Participate in Practice
C David Baas (Hand)
WR Ramses Barden (Concussion)
DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps)
LB Michael Boley (Hip)
WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
G Chris Snee (Hip)
CB Corey Webster (Hand)

Limited Participation in Practice
Pos. Player (Injury)
T David Diehl (Knee)
CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring)
LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring)
S Antrel Rolle (Knee)

This is ridiculous and it consistently happens every friggin year!
How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year?
I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here?????

Moke
10-05-2012, 09:32 AM
It seems like there might be something going on, but I think it's a huge conspiracy that just can't be avoided some times.

Could it be the field? Or these guys getting over-worked at practice?

bigblue58
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
It seems like there might be something going on, but I think it's a huge conspiracy that just can't be avoided some times.

Could it be the field? Or these guys getting over-worked at practice?

They need to transfuse Ray Lewis' blood into them or something....that guy has been going balls out for like 16 years and the dude NEVER misses a game!

Drez
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
*Shakes head*

How is the training staff going to prevent Baas from hurting his hand? Or Rolle crashing into a camera? Or Nicks falling hard on his knee? Or KP from falling awkwardly? Or Barden getting a concussion? Or Webster breaking his hand?

Injuries happen to every team, every year. As fans, we are just more attenuated to those of our own team.

bigblue58
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
This team leads the league in hamstring injuries! Is that a LACK of proper conditioning and not being in NFL shape?
I don't know the answers I'm asking because this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!

Moke
10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
*Shakes head*

How is the training staff going to prevent Baas from hurting his hand? Or Rolle crashing into a camera? Or Nicks falling hard on his knee? Or KP from falling awkwardly? Or Barden getting a concussion? Or Webster breaking his hand?

Injuries happen to every team, every year. As fans, we are just more attenuated to those of our own team.

Then the giants have no luck with injuries every year. Seems like a friggen conspiracy!!

Flip Empty
10-05-2012, 09:52 AM
This team leads the league in hamstring injuries! Is that a LACK of proper conditioning and not being in NFL shape?
I don't know the answers I'm asking because this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!
Actually, the Cardinals lead the league in hamstring injuries, they have five to the Giants' three. The Jets are next with four, then the Giants and Texans with three.

Every team has guys getting hurt, not just the Giants. It's just the nature of the sport.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
And, Boss is out again in KC. Our influence even goes to former Giants. Look at alot of the other rosters. Though some teams don't have key players, every team has taken a hit. Many players who are playing have been bandaged up and thrown back in.

Heck Tennessee's quarterback is out.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Mod_C
10-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Look at this Injury report....more than any other team in the league Did Not Participate in Practice C David Baas (Hand) WR Ramses Barden (Concussion) DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps) LB Michael Boley (Hip) WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee) S Kenny Phillips (Knee) G Chris Snee (Hip) CB Corey Webster (Hand) Limited Participation in Practice Pos. Player (Injury) T David Diehl (Knee) CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring) LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring) S Antrel Rolle (Knee) This is ridiculous and it consistently happens every friggin year! How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year? I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here????? It happens to every team.

Moke
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
The Packers had that injury list when they won the SB too.

Flip Empty
10-05-2012, 10:10 AM
And, Boss is out again in KC.
Yeah, yet another concussion. Sad. He should probably retire.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
And, Boss is out again in KC. Our influence even goes to former Giants. Look at alot of the other rosters. Though some teams don't have key players, every team has taken a hit. Many players who are playing have been bandaged up and thrown back in. Heck Tennessee's quarterback is out. http://www.nfl.com/injuries I think Boss has played his last game.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
I think Boss has played his last game.
Eh, he got his payday in Oakland. We should all be so lucky.

Ruttiger711
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
C David Baas (Hand)
LB Michael Boley (Hip)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
G Chris Snee (Hip)
CB Corey Webster (Hand)

Pos. Player (Injury)
T David Diehl (Knee)
S Antrel Rolle (Knee)

How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year?
I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here?????

I have to ask everytime - whats a different staff going to do different to eliminate injuries that are a result of a collision - concussions, feet - hands - hip injuries?

Last year people were blaming TT's knee injury from JPP's leg whip on the strength&conditioning coaches.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
well wasnt part of the reason Fassel got fired was bc of constant injuries? remember how TC said how the proper work ethic and attitude would lead to less injuries or something?
he said Giants staff, not training staff, so maybe he meant coaches included...

you gotta admit, this is not a coincidence, its a trend. we constantly get ravaged by injuries every year. and no, its not the same for every team. last year we had the most injuries to starters/key depth over the past decade aside from the 0-16 Lions and a ****ty Bills team. This year feels even worse, so many starters/key depth players are hurt...its frustrating, and I know its a little silly to blame anyone for injuries, but TC did say we'd have less injuries under his watch and it just hasnt happened

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I have to ask everytime - whats a different staff going to do different to eliminate injuries that are a result of a collision - concussions, feet - hands - hip injuries?

Last year people were blaming TT's knee injury from JPP's leg whip on the strength&conditioning coaches.

This comes up every year, it will pass.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Here's a current list of injuries by team:

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/football/nfl-injuries.aspx?page=/data/nfl/injury/injuries.html

BlueReign
10-05-2012, 11:09 AM

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/football/nfl-injuries.aspx?page=/data/nfl/injury/injuries.html
The Bengals have a much longer list than us.

egyptian420
10-05-2012, 11:12 AM
*Shakes head*

Injuries happen to every team, every year. As fans, we are just more attenuated to those of our own team.+1

TrueBlue@NYC
10-05-2012, 11:13 AM

That list doesn't really help. We are tied for the most people on that report at 17. The Bengals, Colts and Pats both have that amount.

The Bengals and Colts are worse off than us going by how many they have on IR. Pats list is inflated because they have guys like Ballard and Shancoe listed on there.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 11:27 AM
C David Baas (Hand)
LB Michael Boley (Hip)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
G Chris Snee (Hip)
CB Corey Webster (Hand)

Pos. Player (Injury)
T David Diehl (Knee)
S Antrel Rolle (Knee)

2 SBs in 5 years sounds pretty competitve to me. Happens to all teams...

Flip Empty
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Should just be thankful that Eli has never missed a game.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
That list doesn't really help. We are tied for the most people on that report at 17. The Bengals, Colts and Pats both have that amount.

The Bengals and Colts are worse off than us going by how many they have on IR. Pats list is inflated because they have guys like Ballard and Shancoe listed on there.

It's not supposed to help anything it's just facts. We have injuries every year and this year is no different.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
It's not supposed to help anything it's just facts. We have injuries every year and this year is no different.

I thought it was to point out that we don't really have more or less injuries than other teams, we just notice them more b/c we're Giants fans. When really it seems like we have had to deal with more injuries than other teams.

Brings back the old question. How much can injuries be used as an excuse for a teams' play?

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Sigh . . . .

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I thought it was to point out that we don't really have more or less injuries than other teams, we just notice them more b/c we're Giants fans. When really it seems like we have had to deal with more injuries than other teams.

Brings back the old question. How much can injuries be used as an excuse for a teams' play?

The only answer to that comes at the end of the season. Last year we had injuries galore, like now, and we won the Super Bowl.

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
The only answer to that comes at the end of the season. Last year we had injuries galore, like now, and we won the Super Bowl.

The difference is, everyone got healthy towards the end last year. Will everyone get healthy towards the end this year?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:25 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20515-Giants-get-several-players-back-on-practice-field-before-Browns-game

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The difference is, everyone got healthy towards the end last year. Will everyone get healthy towards the end this year?

Some will, some won't. We aren't close to the end of the season to think they won't be healthy.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Some will, some won't. We aren't close to the end of the season to think they won't be healthy.

thats genuis......:)

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
thats genuis......:)

I kinda a liked it :cool:

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I kinda a liked it :cool:
very slow at work this week. So I have been commited to busting your balls......

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
very slow at work this week. So I have been commited to busting your balls......

I hope they are paying you well for your efforts lol

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I hope they are paying you well for your efforts lol
yep...I am salary.
thank god

Giantz4Life
10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I think we should just pin a sticky that simply says:

No, we're not getting cheerleaders, and there is nothing wrong with the training/conditioning staff.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I think we should just pin a sticky that simply says:

No, we're not getting cheerleaders, and there is nothing wrong with the training/conditioning staff.

This could well be the Post of the Year

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
*Shakes head*

This. +1

Injuries are part of the game. Its unfortunate.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Every year we see one of these threads. What does the staff have to do with guys getting hurt on the playing field? How do they prepare better? I'd love to hear it.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Every year we see one of these threads. What does the staff have to do with guys getting hurt on the playing field? How do they prepare better? I'd love to hear it.

It's Friday, only questions without answers allowed.

Drez
10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Every year we see one of these threads. What does the staff have to do with guys getting hurt on the playing field? How do they prepare better? I'd love to hear it.Because in Madden, you can hire a training staff that adds +5 TGH and +5 INJ.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Because in Madden, you can hire a training staff that adds +5 TGH and +5 INJ.

Who knew??

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Coughlin needs to pull a Bugs Bunny and give them "Secret Stuff".

burier
10-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Because in Madden, you can hire a training staff that adds +5 TGH and +5 INJ.

This should not be in red.

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:20 PM
the elimination of 2 a day practices in summer camp didn't help with the conditioning of these guys and now it looks like the whole league is getting softer except those guys who chose to work out on their own or with private trainers. Coughlin said when he got here that injuries are a cancer to a team and he was going to do something about it, well we're still waiting....

GameTime
10-05-2012, 05:21 PM
the elimination of 2 a day practices in summer camp didn't help with the conditioning of these guys and now it looks like the whole league is getting softer except those guys who chose to work out on their own or with private trainers. Coughlin said when he got here that injuries are a cancer to a team and he was going to do something about it, well we're still waiting....
what do you expect him do.....???

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
what do you expect him do.....???

whip and a chair damn it

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:30 PM
what do you expect him do.....???if I knew I would tell him, maybe he should just fix the problem like he said he would...

GameTime
10-05-2012, 05:32 PM
if I knew I would tell him, maybe he should just fix the problem like he said he would...
dont know how you fix common football injuries that happen to every team every year. Some more than others but it is league wide. I know that thought is contrary to popular belief on this board to some. But it is the truth

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:32 PM
if I knew I would tell him, maybe he should just fix the problem like he said he would...

some injuries can be fixed with conditioning...muscle pulls for example...some can't...acl tears.... some things will happen no matter what is done....might be interesting to see a break down of the type of injuries we have gotten since TC and his staff took over

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:36 PM
some injuries can be fixed with conditioning...muscle pulls for example...some can't...acl tears.... some things will happen no matter what is done....might be interesting to see a break down of the type of injuries we have gotten since TC and his staff took over I think TC was referring to soft tissue injuries when he said that...

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I think TC was referring to soft tissue injuries when he said that...

possible...but he did make a blanket statement....and some things just happen

Drez
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I think TC was referring to soft tissue injuries when he said that...Actually, I think TC was talking more about guys that were banged up but not playing rather than those that were legitimately injured.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Actually, I think TC was talking more about guys that were banged up but not playing rather than those that were legitimately injured.

bingo, he was alluding to the toughness of our guys