PDA

View Full Version : 5+ REC for 100+ Yards, 1-2 TD Sunday for Randle?

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Eli has put Barden & Hixon over 6+ REC, 100+ yards in consecutive weeks.

Nicks is out again, Barden is most likely OUT after suffering a concussion vs Philly.

That leaves Cruz, Hixon & Randle.

Have a feeling Eli puts to bed these work ethic questions and Randle gets ample opportunities to put this non-issue to rest.

Barden passed the torch to Hixon, Hixon passes it to Randle Sunday?

Don't believe this is premature thinking or "high hopes" at all to be honest.

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Hope he has a good game, but I'm not sure if he's getting over 100 yards. He might, but don't count on it.

Flip Empty
10-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I sure hope so. I'm not going to put money on it, though.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Nah, I say he does much less (25-35 yards)and probably ends up with a case of alligator arms when he takes a hard hit since we are making predictions. Just going against the grain.

Moke
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
He'll get his time, he'll get his yards, but that's HUGE of a game. I can see that being Cruz or hixon's numbers for sure, but not Randle. I say around 60-70 yards.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Eli has put Barden & Hixon over 6+ REC, 100+ yards in consecutive weeks. Nicks is out again, Barden is most likely OUT after suffering a concussion vs Philly. That leaves Cruz, Hixon & Randle. Have a feeling Eli puts to bed these work ethic questions and Randle gets ample opportunities to put this non-issue to rest. Barden passed the torch to Hixon, Hixon passes it to Randle Sunday? Don't believe this is premature thinking or "high hopes" at all to be honest. Based on what, exactly? As for who is passing what to whom Hixon has always been ahead of Barden

ReiRiza
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Hixon has always been the man. I mean in my honest opinion a Nicks, Cruz, Hixon trio is better than last years trio

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Hixon has always been the man. I mean in my honest opinion a Nicks, Cruz, Hixon trio is better than last years trio We'll know at the end of the season but I would not be surprised.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
want to see him run crisp routes and to be where he is supposed to be. Eli will get it to him if the confidence is there.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 12:04 PM
want to see him run crisp routes and to be where he is supposed to be. Eli will get it to him if the confidence is there

I've heard that before :popcorn:

thomsoad
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Long term I like the kid.
But barring a Hixon/Cruz injury ... NOT A CHANCE.
Frankly IMO the amount of 3 WR sets we will see this Sunday you will be able to count on one hand.

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Based on what, exactly? As for who is passing what to whom Hixon has always been ahead of Barden

RF what...are...you...talking...about?
we all know, based on the stellar performance Barden gave against those panthers, he is the clear starter over hixon, randle, jerrnigan even douglas.
He will even start this week as well concussion and all, just ignore the depth chart and what the coaches say its about who has the hot hand and i feel that Barden still has the hot hand since the carolina game.

thomsoad
10-05-2012, 01:45 PM
we all know, based on the stellar performance Barden gave against those panthers, he is the clear starter over hixon, randle, jerrnigan even douglas.
He will even start this week as well concussion and all, just ignore the depth chart and what the coaches say its about who has the hot hand and i feel that Barden still has the hot hand since the carolina game.

I gotta disagree with this.
Barden only got that start cuz Hixon was out with injury.
If Barden has the "hot hand" then why did Hixon start last week?
Now we throw a slight concussion in the mix...Hixon is more trusted and is higher on the depth chart.
The idea of Barden starting this week is ... far fetched.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 01:47 PM

Barden is out and Hixon has always been ahead of him on depth chart....I am not sure where you are getting your info

NYG4lifeNYK
Barden should be OUT no? Isn't that protocol...?

NYG4lifeNYK
Yea Barden is OUT.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Barden should be OUT no? Isn't that protocol...?
only if he doesnt pass the thrid party test. A plaery doesnt "have" to be out for a game....

fansince69
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
only if he doesnt pass the thrid party test. A plaery doesnt "have" to be out for a game....
just on wfan nicks barden hosley phillips and bernard are OUT

GameTime
10-05-2012, 01:52 PM
just on wfan nicks barden hosley phillips and bernard are OUT
yeah I know Barden is out but he didnt "have" to be out this week. If he passes his tests he could have played....

fansince69
10-05-2012, 01:59 PM
yeah I know Barden is out but he didnt "have" to be out this week. If he passes his tests he could have played....
I never said that... I am aware of the rule...I just said he was ruled out...I am guessing he DID NOT pass that test......I have been saying all along that Jernigan will surprise a lot of people...here is his chance

G-Men Surg.
10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Long term I like the kid.
But barring a Hixon/Cruz injury ... NOT A CHANCE.
Frankly IMO the amount of 3 WR sets we will see this Sunday you will be able to count on one hand.
The whole coaching staff and GM are counting on Randle to contribute, even Reese mentioned back in the offseason that he was NFL ready but I'm not sure if he will put up those kind of numbers this week. I'm looking for Jernigan to step up, this is his opportunity and everything is setup for him to take this chance and run with it. Either way we will need for all 4WR playing sunday to bring their A game and man up.

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
sarcasm guys... no red font wow! :)

fansince69
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
sarcams guys... no red font wow! :)

Use red font

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Use red font
Can't red font on a Government Comp or a mac for that matter.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Can't red font on a Government Comp or a mac for that matter.

gotcha...just a friendly suggestion...I would somehow let us know...honestly...I thought you were being 100% serious....makes more sense now

johnson
10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Yea Barden is OUT.

Nuts! :p

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 04:45 PM

I lost my head, please forgive me

nycisgreat
10-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Eli has put Barden & Hixon over 6+ REC, 100+ yards in consecutive weeks.

Nicks is out again, Barden is most likely OUT after suffering a concussion vs Philly.

That leaves Cruz, Hixon & Randle.

Have a feeling Eli puts to bed these work ethic questions and Randle gets ample opportunities to put this non-issue to rest.

Barden passed the torch to Hixon, Hixon passes it to Randle Sunday?

Don't believe this is premature thinking or "high hopes" at all to be honest.

If he does, I would be happy. I just don't like where his head it at right now, but I do think that is capable putting up a 100 yds.

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
You guys are dreaming thinking Randle will have 100+ yards and multiple TD's. wow... just wow

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:51 PM
You guys are dreaming thinking Randle will have 100+ yards and multiple TD's. wow... just wow

I am not saying he will have 100 yds...but I will say i don't believe anyone would have guessed Barden would have 100 yds either...so stranger things have happened

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Im not saying he wont have over 100 yds... he very well could. He also may have multiple Td's, I dont know.

What I'm saying is they wont be paired.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Im not saying he wont have over 100 yds... he very well could. He also may have multiple Td's, I dont know.

What I'm saying is they wont be paired.

the reality in my head says he won't do either....but the barden display has told me....anything is possible

SuperNYGiants
10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone who thinks Randle's grasp of the offensive playbook is on par with Barden is horribly mistaken. Barden is not a rookie, he's been around the league and knows this offense very well, that's why he could get it done when his number was called vs Carolina. Randle at this point still has issues reading the coverage let alone understanding the playbook. Even if Randle has more talent than Barden, it'll be awfully tough for Randle to have a monster game as a starter overnight, I would say the chances of it happening at around 30% and that's only because Eli is the QB, without Eli, it would be 10%.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Anyone who thinks Randle's grasp of the offensive playbook is on par with Barden is horribly mistaken. Barden is not a rookie, he's been around the league and knows this offense very well, that's why he could get it done when his number was called vs Carolina. Randle at this point still has issues reading the coverage let alone understanding the playbook. Even if Randle has more talent than Barden, it'll be awfully tough for Randle to have a monster game as a starter overnight, I would say the chances of it happening at around 30% and that's only because Eli is the QB, without Eli, it would be 10%.

well bc we are down to our last options, KG could simplify what is asked of Randle. Maybe they gave him less sight adjustments and will use him more as a decoy to draw coverage away from where eli actually wants to go with the ball...just saying, if Randle is having issues with something, I'd hope KG would try to help him out bc we dont have anyone else to go to besides JJ

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I personally don't have any faith in Randle, just my gut reaction!

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
4 catches 57 yards.

GiantRoc
10-06-2012, 02:15 AM
I think we have to see Randle with a multiple catch day. We just don't have anyone else to throw too. You never know what can happen in that case. A DB can blow an assignment or slip and fall and bango! 80 yrds. I think I see Hixon and Bennet getting a lot more of work off of the Cruz double teams. I agree though. I can't see Randle making those good reads and re-routing. Therefore, not a lot of targets for him.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Other than that drop he's looked very good.

Going to him early and often just as I expected. LET'S GO!!!

This kid is going to be good, good to give him some confidence early.

CRUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

gmen0820
10-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Yup, he's looked very good. Possibly our future starting X receiver.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Yup, he's looked very good. Possibly our future starting X receiver.

That's the plan ;)

BigBlue wins
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm impressed he's doing a good job!

giantsfan420
10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
randle looks nfl ready...gotta love how CC calls him out and randle has this kinda 1rst half...once randle progresses, can u imagine a D trying to stop nicks, cruz, randle, bennett, hixon (who also looks great), and barden?

but remember, everyone wanted to lower the impressiveness of AB2 vs carolina bc of their d, well cleveland has the 28th pass d

NYG4lifeNYK
10-07-2012, 02:47 PM
randle looks nfl ready...gotta love how CC calls him out and randle has this kinda 1rst half...once randle progresses, can u imagine a D trying to stop nicks, cruz, randle, bennett, hixon (who also looks great), and barden?

but remember, everyone wanted to lower the impressiveness of AB2 vs carolina bc of their d, well cleveland has the 28th pass d

Brown has talent he's just buried on the depth chart, as is Randle.

Difference is Randle was drafted to be an eventual starter or at least #3.

GMan-67
10-07-2012, 02:49 PM
excellent call NYG !

gmen0820
10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol why'd NYG4lifeNYK get banned?

drewz
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Creating too many threads? hopefully he stays banned.. hes annoying

NYG4lifeNYK
10-13-2012, 01:30 PM
excellent call NYG !

It's a little tougher this week now that we have everyone in the mix... full barrage of WR's to go Sunday! Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Barden, Randle

Oh and Jernigan the forgotten WR out of lost hope caught a pass in garbage time Sunday! :)

RoanokeFan
10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
It's a little tougher this week now that we have everyone in the mix... full barrage of WR's to go Sunday! Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Barden, Randle

Oh and Jernigan the forgotten WR out of lost hope caught a pass in garbage time Sunday! :)

Don't forget Beatty at the goal line :eek:

NYGabriel
10-13-2012, 02:23 PM

Eli didn't. Though perhaps he should have.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Hahaha... indeed