PDA

View Full Version : Should we try to convert JJ into a CB?

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Let's face it, he's had problems catching the ball, but he's fast enough. Lets go anti-edelman on him and get the most out of him that we can. Prince and Hosley are our only good corners at this point, and I don't think there has yet been one game where both have been suited up.

Fee-fi-fo-fum
10-05-2012, 02:16 PM
interesting

thomsoad
10-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Let's face it, he's had problems catching the ball, but he's fast enough. Lets go anti-edelman on him and get the most out of him that we can. Prince and Hosley are our only good corners at this point, and I don't think there has yet been one game where both have been suited up.

I actually kinda toyed around with the idea til i forgot something.
Problem is the guy is only 5'8...i think that might be a pretty 'big" problem

Moke
10-05-2012, 02:50 PM
That might not even be a bad idea... wow, something senial though.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 02:56 PM

I love these statements...he has dropped 3 PUNTS...have you ever seen him drop a PASS?I haven't....he caught everything thrown to him in camp..including preseason games......big difference between saying he can't catch the ball and he cant field a punt.......

burier
10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
right because every WR can just turn around and play corner. Put the pipe down a step away..

titwio
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I like him better at DE though.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Is this the Jets message board?

ryan12
10-05-2012, 03:07 PM
right because every WR can just turn around and play corner. Put the pipe down a step away..

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon what a bad idea lets start david wilson at dt this week

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 03:14 PM

An interesting idea, but usually when something like that is considered the player excels at his natural position, ala Deion.

ryan12
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
he has suited up was all you had to say and he did against the panthers.. jj sucks even as a waterboy

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 03:24 PM
he has suited up was all you had to say and he did against the panthers.. jj sucks even as a waterboy

That's a little harsh

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not giving up on him yet. Reese picked him. Look at how people thought of Barden.

GameTime
too short and why woud he be any better ???

Diamondring
Before you say this is a bad ideal, note that when a player comes to college, they usualy don't know how to play real football so they are giving a position. Some college players never played football in high school or even elementary like JPP who is now one of the best DE's in the NFL. Jernigan is still young and may have the tools to stay with receivers. Some players at his height know how to jump as well. Just cause this is the pros does not mean converting one player from one position to another can't be done.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Before you say this is a bad ideal, note that when a player comes to college, they usualy don't know how to play real football so they are giving a position. Some college players never played football in high school or even elementary like JPP who is now one of the best DE's in the NFL. Jernigan is still young and may have the tools to stay with receivers. Some players at his height know how to jump as well. Just cause this is the pros does not mean converting one player from one position to another can't be done.

As we did with Kiwanuka but in his case it was all defense

Diamondring
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
As we did with Kiwanuka but in his case it was all defenseAnd another thing to prove your point, lb is not that far from DE either. I understrand your point but being a wr can be more complicate than a db cause wr have to run routes. Sometimes they have to learn how to cover and play special teams. One more thing, we really have enough wrs with talent so it won't be no harm in using small wr at db. Also don't forget that some dbs can play wr and cb.

Shockeystays08
10-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I love these statements...he has dropped 3 PUNTS...have you ever seen him drop a PASS?I haven't....he caught everything thrown to him in camp..including preseason games......big difference between saying he can't catch the ball and he cant field a punt.......
Exactly! The statements about him having bad hands are just ridiculous. he has dropped some punts,so now he can't catch?He had excellent hands in College. he hasn't developed bad hands. There are a few on this board with such tunnel vision in regard to JJ. Cruz dropped 3-4 passes in one game. No one said he can't catch. JJ was slobberknocked as the ball arrived in preseason. He caught the ball no prob!

JimC
10-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Lets trade him for Tebow and make Tebow a corner.

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
lol no way.

Giantterp
10-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe if we get enough people to agree on the board, than TC will make it happen...

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
You can find the Jets facility over at Florham Park, NJ!

In all seriousness its too late for us to try that and he's very small. Hosley being 5'10 is considered pretty small as it is.

burier
10-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not giving up on him yet. Reese picked him. Look at how people thought of Barden.

I for one and still need to see more from Barden to be impressed.

myles2424
10-05-2012, 05:24 PM
wheres the punchline?

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I for one and still need to see more from Barden to be impressed.

That's reasonable

JayMas9
10-05-2012, 05:42 PM
right because every WR can just turn around and play corner. Put the pipe down a step away..What this says...

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
All I have to say is: Still a better idea than letting Tryon in our defense again...

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Jernigan had trouble learning his playbook at WR which is his natural position and now people want to move him to a position he never played before, wonder how long that transition would take for him to learn

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
No. We should convert Boothe to a CB

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:54 PM

well ....he is taller

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM

Boothe is our black narwhal, get the guy the ball

fansince69
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Jernigan had trouble learning his playbook at WR which is his natural position and now people want to move him to a position he never played before, wonder how long that transition would take for him to learn

what are you basing that he has trouble with playbook on?I love the way people just create things

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 06:27 PM
what are you basing that he has trouble with playbook on?I love the way people just create things

if you read the sports pages the way most us do here you would know that it took him a long time since he got here to learn his playbook, nobody on this board makes things up so I don't know where you get this stuff...nobody comes on here to argue so whats your problem..

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
if you read the sports pages the way most us do here you would know that it took him a long time since he got here to learn his playbook, nobody on this board makes things up so I don't know where you get this stuff...
I read more sports related stuff than anyone I know and have never seen that ever mentioned about JJ....I have seen mentioned that he was having trouble adjusting to the difference in speed of game from small college to nfl but not that...sorry.......and if you don't think people on here make things up...then you really are not paying attention..

JesseJames
10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I read more sports related stuff than anyone I know and have never seen that ever mentioned about JJ....I have seen mentioned that he was having trouble adjusting to the difference in speed of game from small college to nfl but not that...sorry.......and if you don't think people on here make things up...then you really are not paying attention.. why would anyone make up something to post on this board, what would be a good reason, just wondering...

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:35 PM
why would anyone make up something to post on this board, what would be a good reason, just wondering...
there is no good reason. But I think people do pull stuff out of the asses at times.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
why would anyone make up something to post on this board, what would be a good reason, just wondering...

I guess you would have to ask them....My guess is to look knowledgeable...or perhaps prove a point....most times it seems like an opinion that is presented as fact.....my apologies to you...I shouldn't have accused you....it just frustrates me when I see people pass things off without any real evidence of their claims.....I have been a big advocate of JJ and I feel like hes getting a lot of flack..some deserved...some not.....hes still young ...he is still learning

B&RWarrior
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM

C-Web has a rough start to the season coming off a SB victory and all of the sudden he's garbage???? C-Web is still our best corner until I see somebody outperform him for an entire season.

BlueSanta
10-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Conerback is not just a position that requires proper athletics, it requires proper technique and the guys who have that technique spend a lot of time learning it.

It is a slap in the face to every NFL CB to just assume you can take a WR and switch him to CB. It could happen, with years of development. Years we do not have on nonsense like this.

Furthermore, JJ's problem is that he has not been effective at dealing with pres coverage. So how on earth would you assume a guy who isnt phycial enough to beat press coverage would actually be physical enough to DO press coverage.

DandyDon
10-06-2012, 01:02 AM

Too funny - thats my EXACT thought when I saw this thread.

Rat_bastich
10-06-2012, 05:06 AM
jj sucks even as a waterboy

Actually, we know that TC only starts veterans as waterboys, JJ has only been in the league for one year so this is as of yet undetermined.

Rat_bastich
10-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Boothe is our black narwhal, get the guy the ball

Hell, I like that nickname. We have the Black Unicorn and the Black Narwhal playng together. Alot of folks should be getting their eyes poked out.

Captain Chaos
10-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I think that is a bridge too far... I like his quicks to get open but what is this guy going to do against a big receiver or a TE....not much.