PDA

View Full Version : My plea to Tom Coughlin

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Tom.......things are getting dicey

Tough schedule

Move David Willson to the slot, at least, temporarily, ...........If you do not think this works, give Frank Gifford a call

Also get Osi off the field............he is an embarrasment

and re-insert Brown as the featured back

burier
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
If Coughlin doesn't do SOMETHING I'm gonna come unglued.

Maybe when we get curbstomped by an 0-4 team Coughlin with finally get off his *** and do something.

thomsoad
10-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Personally i know my limitations.
When i win 2 SBs as a head coach I will make recommedations to Coughlin.
Until then Im just gonna trust the guy and his staff to know more then I do about this team

GameTime
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Tough schedule

Move David Willson to the slot, at least, temporarily, ...........If you do not think this works, give Frank Gifford a call

Wilson in the slot??? why. You use Gif as an example. That should convince anyone....
Osi needs to pull his head out of his ***. I agree with that.

Diamondring
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
The Giants are alright. They are going to play some close games and lose some of them. No need to panic.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes TC, the coach who has 2 Super Bowl rings, should follow this plan.

PRGiant
10-05-2012, 04:02 PM
This is dumb, you think a rookie learning RB shold be move to start learning the slot mid-season?

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Tough schedule

I think we should go with the players that will execute the play as it is drawn up......which means someone else needs to replace Osi and Bradshaw.

dave56dj
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
WoW bparcells we do disagree a lot - with respect I hope. Wilson to the slot? Not gonna happen - while the kid is great after the catch and has decent hands he just isn't a route runner and will not pick up option routes that fast. If you want the ball in his hands more (and he is showing he can be electric) its gonna have to come from the backfield first and then maybe they start to spread him out down the line.

Osi is who he is - not an excuse - it just doesn't seem like that old dog is learning new tricks - and while everyone is yelling about contain - please for the love of god remember that Mike Vick and Shady have made many many many a DE lose contain in there days - talking about the fastest QB and one of the fastest RB;s in the game. Yes he needs to be better at technique but he runs down most other guys.

Coughlin gets all the slack in the world from this giant fan.

BeatYale
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I just got off the phone with Coughlin, he said to tell the OP "Kiss the rings b**ch."

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Personally i know my limitations.
When i win 2 SBs as a head coach I will make recommedations to Coughlin.
Until then Im just gonna trust the guy and his staff to know more then I do about this team

Man, you would think we're 2 and 13

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I just got off the phone with Coughlin, he said to tell the OP "Kiss the rings b**ch."

LMAO

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 04:53 PM
WoW bparcells we do disagree a lot - with respect I hope. Wilson to the slot? Not gonna happen - while the kid is great after the catch and has decent hands he just isn't a route runner and will not pick up option routes that fast. If you want the ball in his hands more (and he is showing he can be electric) its gonna have to come from the backfield first and then maybe they start to spread him out down the line.

Osi is who he is - not an excuse - it just doesn't seem like that old dog is learning new tricks - and while everyone is yelling about contain - please for the love of god remember that Mike Vick and Shady have made many many many a DE lose contain in there days - talking about the fastest QB and one of the fastest RB;s in the game. Yes he needs to be better at technique but he runs down most other guys.

Coughlin gets all the slack in the world from this giant fan.

It seems to me Osi is making it easy for Reese & Co. to part company at the end of the season.

devilsadvocate
10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Well Osi is running his mouth again. That dude just needs to STFU.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Wilson is a dynamic player but needs to play in space........anyone who thinks he could not play the slot is delusional......and rather limited in imagination

he could become a very feared weapon.......also the pig headedness of not playing Brown as the featured back is hurting us

moosedrool
10-05-2012, 05:18 PM
If we can just get to 7-7 we'll have the league right where we want them.

TextureDj
10-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Wilson is a dynamic player but needs to play in space........anyone who thinks he could not play the slot is delusional......and rather limited in imagination

he could become a very feared weapon.......also the pig headedness of not playing Brown as the featured back is hurting us

Do you really watch these games, or do you just enjoy the spectacle and get your info from the announcers?

1st, Brown. Every time Brown got a touch last week he got hammered. It is obvious in the yards per carry. TC said they would ride the "hot hand" and thats what they did. Just to be clear, "hot hand" means the guy who is getting it done at the moment, not the guy you like better because he torched two questionable D's.

2nd Have you noticed that Wilson has dropped BOTH passes that were thrown to him in the regular season. He dropped a screen that would have possibly scored against NC (maybe it was TB) and he just dropped that flea flicker in the Eagles game, a FLEA FLICKER???? He dropped a flea flicker, an underhand pitch and you want to see him in the slot?

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you really watch these games, or do you just enjoy the spectacle and get your info from the announcers?

1st, Brown. Every time Brown got a touch last week he got hammered. It is obvious in the yards per carry. TC said they would ride the "hot hand" and thats what they did. Just to be clear, "hot hand" means the guy who is getting it done at the moment, not the guy you like better because he torched two questionable D's.

2nd Have you noticed that Wilson has dropped BOTH passes that were thrown to him in the regular season. He dropped a screen that would have possibly scored against NC (maybe it was TB) and he just dropped that flea flicker in the Eagles game, a FLEA FLICKER???? He dropped a flea flicker, an underhand pitch and you want to see him in the slot?

Logic will get you nowhere :D

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Lets just pull all of our starters and let the rookies have at it. At this point at 2-2 our season is already lost so why not?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM

a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.

johnson
10-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Lets just pull all of our starters and let the rookies have at it. At this point at 2-2 our season is already lost so why not?
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/puddinpops.gif

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
LMAO

You know what I'd give his ring a kiss if he would give this a try
you have to figure a way to get this kid on the field

Wilson is a WEAPON......Napoleon once said- "if you have a cannon- USE IT"........with Brown in the backfield, Wilson in the Slot, and Cruz and Nicks on the outside

Pick your poison

Chicago has a good Return man too.......he also plays WR

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 05:52 PM
If Coughlin doesn't do SOMETHING I'm gonna come unglued.

Maybe when we get curbstomped by an 0-4 team Coughlin with finally get off his *** and do something.

You can.t be serious . . . . . .

burier
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
You can.t be serious . . . . . .

about what

GameTime
10-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Wilson is a WEAPON......Napoleon once said- "if you have a cannon- USE IT"........with Brown in the backfield, Wilson in the Slot, and Cruz and Nicks on the outside

Pick your poison

he IS a WR.....

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Pick your poison

He needs to learn what a route is first :)

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
he IS a WR.....

Facts just get in the way

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 06:00 PM

When is the next lunar landing scheduled?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Facts just get in the way
especially with Jakk

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 06:02 PM

I'm actually legally blind but can tell that when you only send a guy in to run the ball, most D's will stop him cold.........you might as well have had Brown carry a banner onto the field saying- I only come in on running plays

Why was Brown able to carry for 113 the week before???????? Answer- he did not telegraph every run

Soooooooooooo Wilson, who came out of college with a rep as a good receiver dropped 3 passes........welll.....then.........get rid of him
3 is enough for a total lifetime evaluation in my book.....not

Didnt Barden drop everything thrown to him for years until ........low and behold he gained some experience and confidence?

Guys llike yourself want no change.....you want to go by the book...I get it

burier
10-05-2012, 06:05 PM
a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.

What is the deal with people not knowing what a flea flicker is?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
What is the deal with people not knowing what a flea flicker is?
maybe he just made a mistake but I like to bust balls so I corrected.......

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Why was Brown able to carry for 113 the week before???????? Answer- he did not telegraph every run

Answer - Carolina Defensive Tackles. Every single Mock Draft you read or any former GM opinions you get from guys like Charlie Casserly or Bill Polian will tell you Carolina needs help at that spot. Like almost every other team in the league, we exploited that weakness.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM

Just what we need on here....ball busting

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Just what we need on here....ball busting

this board is so well behaved I needed to add a bit of an edge....:)

burier
10-05-2012, 06:11 PM

No that's like the 5th time in my life where someone had a clear misunderstanding of the term. I met this one guy who thought a flea flicker described any trick play.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
No that's like the 5th time in my life where someone had a clear misunderstanding of the term. I met this one guy who thought a flea flicker described any trick play.
from Wikiepedia...

The creation of the play has been credited to former University of Illinois coach Bob Zuppke who wrote in a 1951 letter he introduced the play while coaching at Oak Park High in 1910. Zuppke stated he intended the phrase to evoke the imagery of "the quick flicking action of a dog getting rid of fleas." [1] (http://boards.giants.com/#cite_note-0)

fansince69
10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
from Wikiepedia...

The creation of the play has been credited to former University of Illinois coach Bob Zuppke who wrote in a 1951 letter he introduced the play while coaching at Oak Park High in 1910. Zuppke stated he intended the phrase to evoke the imagery of "the quick flicking action of a dog getting rid of fleas." [1] (http://boards.giants.com/#cite_note-0)

well...my knowledge has now been enhanced....im sure to be a hit at partys with that little nugget

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Answer - Carolina Defensive Tackles. Every single Mock Draft you read or any former GM opinions you get from guys like Charlie Casserly or Bill Polian will tell you Carolina needs help at that spot. Like almost every other team in the league, we exploited that weakness.

That totally explains it...........Bradshaw has not had a 100 yd game in 2 years and who knew it was because every week he has faced pro bowl tackles

Give me a BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Bradshaw has had it......he is out there now running around on a bad foot with a bulging disk in his neck

Brown on the other hand is getting 113 yds a game beacuse of bad opposing tackles.......make sense to me......anyone else buying it?

GameTime
10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
That totally explains it...........Bradshaw has not had a 100 yd game in 2 years and who knew it was because every week he has faced pro bowl tackles

Give me a BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Bradshaw has had it......he is out there now running around on a bad foot with a bulging disk in his neck

Brown on the other hand is getting 113 yds a game beacuse of bad opposing tackles.......make sense to me......anyone else buying it?

Jakkk...113 yards A GAME.....
no try again....1 GAME at 113 yards....

BTW .....its break....not brake....

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Yes, using hyperbole is a sure fire way to convince anyone of your point. I mean, it obviously doesn't help the offensive linemen out when the opposing defensive tackles only weigh 310 and 302lbs. One is a 31 year old journeyman player and the other is a raw 2nd year player. You don't think that helped us open up those huge holes in the middle for Brown?

What happened to Brown in the Eagles game? He had a few carries to stand out from Bradshaw but never made anything happen. I guarantee you that he won't have a performance like he did against the Panthers this Sunday or against the 49ers. Maybe the Redskins at best.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
they telegraphed every brown run

TextureDj
10-05-2012, 07:06 PM
a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.

funny....I could have sworn CC called it a shovel pass ...which it was....

GameTime
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

wasnt a check down either. It was a designed shovel pass or pitch.....

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 07:13 PM

well he picked up right where he left off at TB and TB has the 3rd ranked run D and excellent young DL/DT's...carolina is not as poor a team as we made them look and brown WAS a large part of that/ NO couldnt run on them at all...

Cloud57
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM

Tough schedule

Tom needs an ice bath

Drez
10-05-2012, 07:33 PM
he IS a WR.....And was a CB at first, though he did play some WR in college. Also, Hester isn't a very good WR, so I don't know if that goes that far to prove BP777s point.

Drez
10-05-2012, 07:38 PM
wasnt a check down either. It was a designed shovel pass or pitch.....

It was a designed shovel pass used to exploit Philly's susceptibility to crack back blocks. TC even raised his hands to signal TD before he realized Wilson dropped it as Wilson would have had plenty of green ahead of him.

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 07:48 PM
well he picked up right where he left off at TB and TB has the 3rd ranked run D and excellent young DL/DT's...carolina is not as poor a team as we made them look and brown WAS a large part of that/ NO couldnt run on them at all...

Brown came in once Bradshaw went down around the middle of the 2nd half. I'd say it helps when the defense is already worn down a tad and then they have to adjust to a more physical, downhill runner. Don't forget that we were playing catch up and that the defense was looking to defend the pass more so than the run at that time.

My main point though is that getting excited over Brown's performance in the Carolina game is a little premature considering that their defense allows 138 yards on average against the run. They're notorious for having decent ability to get to the passer but having near abysmal levels of run defense. They were one of the teams responsible for giving the Saints RBs such nice padded stats in previous years.

dave56dj
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
i will agree with parcells in one way - it is clear wilson is a super talent and i think the giants should do a better job of putting the ball in his hands anyway they can. That said coughlin knows all backs MUST protect Eli - b/c unlike any other injury he is the one guy we can't win without (jpp a far second).

Still - either from the slot - on a bubble screen or in the backfield i do think they gotta get this kid the ball. He's gonna be a huge playmaker - For now I stay patient.

Imgrate
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM
how many times have you been banned now jakk?

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 09:49 PM
how many times have you been banned now jakk?

Who is Jakk? and how many times have you be banned Ingrate?.......is that your answer to anyone who does not see things your way?

Sorry if I want to see Wilson running around in the enemy backfield......whats your plan for our #1 draft choice........full time kick return man?

If you are returning kicks it usualy means your opponent just scored on you

fansince69
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Who is Jakk? and how many times have you be banned Ingrate?.......is that your answer to anyone who does not see things your way?

Sorry if I want to see Wilson running around in the enemy backfield......whats your plan for our #1 draft choice........full time kick return man?

you don't remember jakk stroud(sp)

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 09:53 PM
i will agree with parcells in one way - it is clear wilson is a super talent and i think the giants should do a better job of putting the ball in his hands anyway they can. That said coughlin knows all backs MUST protect Eli - b/c unlike any other injury he is the one guy we can't win without (jpp a far second).

Still - either from the slot - on a bubble screen or in the backfield i do think they gotta get this kid the ball. He's gonna be a huge playmaker - For now I stay patient.

One of the reasons I'd slot him........I do not trust him yet to be Eli's bodyguard either.......I do trust Brown.......I fear Bradshaw with his damaged neck could suffer a catastrophic injury. Bradshaw looked pretty rugged against the Eagles so maybe he's ok but as someone who was once paralyzed and required surgery to excise the offending disk, I'm probably more dubious than most about that condition

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Brown came in once Bradshaw went down around the middle of the 2nd half. I'd say it helps when the defense is already worn down a tad and then they have to adjust to a more physical, downhill runner. Don't forget that we were playing catch up and that the defense was looking to defend the pass more so than the run at that time.

My main point though is that getting excited over Brown's performance in the Carolina game is a little premature considering that their defense allows 138 yards on average against the run. They're notorious for having decent ability to get to the passer but having near abysmal levels of run defense. They were one of the teams responsible for giving the Saints RBs such nice padded stats in previous years.

Your point, and I remember having similar arguments who refused to believe Victor Cruz early success was for real, is that you want to keep Bradshaw out there doing his 37 yds per game thing.......I'm fine with you making your point......it is well taken

If it makes you feel better, ok lets go with the 37 yard guy

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow, I'm not sure I'm on board with most of this and I don't think that I have the inclination to respond adequately....

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Your point, and I remember having similar arguments who refused to believe Victor Cruz early success was for real, is that you want to keep Bradshaw out there doing his 37 yds per game thing.......I'm fine with you making your point......it is well taken

Where did I ever say that in my post? Oh right...I didn't. Thank you though for stating my opinion on the subject to the rest of the MB. If you really want to know my stance on the issue (which I thought personally was pretty clear), I'm just not ready to anoint him as an established starter on this roster yet because of a few questionable games. When he shows up and has a 100+ yard performance and 5.0+ YPC average against a GOOD defense, then I'll consider getting on the wagon.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow, I'm not sure I'm on board with most of this and I don't think that I have the inclination to respond adequately....

What is there to be on board with?.........we have this ridiculous talent in Wilson and our coaches do not seem to have the imagination or backbone to put him on the field

Come on.......there has to be some way to have him doing more than return kicks........although in all my years of watching the Giants I've never seena guy who is better at it.

I remember we did have a guy who was good at it- was it Hixon? But he was not durable enough to keep it up

Imgrate
10-05-2012, 10:42 PM
you don't remember jakk stroud(sp) He is jakkstroud. Notice the infatuation with backups.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 10:44 PM
He is jakkstroud. Notice the infatuation with backups.

now that you mention it

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
He is jakkstroud. Notice the infatuation with backups.

and with a whopping 163 posts I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you got banned about 164 posts ago? Why don't you stick to football arguments and leave board admin to someone else ingrate.

brad
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I am all for increasing the playing time that Wilson gets, but not so sure about putting him in as a slot receiver, not in this offense and the complexity of the receiving routes. Even with experienced receivers you see situations where the receiver and Eli aren't on the same page, and that can lead to bad things.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a complete set of downs... I know that his blocking is suspect, but lets throw him in there and find out. Preferably early in the game since the offense rarely does anything in the first half anyway, it certainly couldn't hurt to try to put a spark in the game early.

miked1958
10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Tom.......things are getting diceyTough scheduleMove David Willson to the slot, at least, temporarily, ...........If you do not think this works, give Frank Gifford a callAlso get Osi off the field............he is an embarrasmentand re-insert Brown as the featured backI read all the back and forth on this subject and I tend to agree with BParcells. I'd kind of agree the passing offense is to complex to Slot him. However, I also agree they need to get the ball in this kids hands out in space. We've all seen what this kid has done to the Eagles STs squad.. He pretty much out ran most of the 11 guys on almost all his returns.... Imagine if you can get him the ball behind the LOS where he only has to beat slower LBs and maybe 1 or 2 DBs.... He'd have an advantage everytime I got the ball.. I'd just line him up behind Eli and just let him go out and catch some passes. On shot guns. Line up next to Eli

DandyDon
10-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Or just punted to you....

This thread is so ridiculous i'm sorry I even read it this far.

Drez
10-06-2012, 01:10 AM
and with a whopping 163 posts I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you got banned about 164 posts ago? Why don't you stick to football arguments and leave board admin to someone else ingrate.
Or maybe he lost the email his former account signed up with or didn't like his old SN and started a new one when these boards went live.

Imgrate
10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Or maybe he lost the email his former account signed up with or didn't like his old SN and started a new one when these boards went live.Exactly. I'm lawl. Have no idea what email I signed up with as lawl

bigblue58
10-06-2012, 10:55 AM

Tough schedule

They need to take that damned draw play for no friggin gain out of the damned playbook! That would help a lot! And the soft zone that all but gives the game away needs to get tossed into the garbage can as well!
Start using hynoski more because the guy is a friggin bull
STOP.....STOP......STOP running passing plays inside the damned red zone, because my heart just can't take too many of those moments anymore after 45 years of following this team!
Oh yeah........when you have the chance to kick the winning FG....KICK IT!
And mop the floor with the less talented Browns like you should, because if they keep it close or get a lead, i'm going to start sending the Giants' front office my receipts for the new remotes that I have to buy! I can't even tell you how many remotes I've destroyed watching this team....and the Zone (lack of) Defense has been responsible for most of them.
You ever see Ray Lewis and the Ravens fall into a soft zone ? Ray Lewis' head would explode if their DC even TRIED calling it. Ray Lewis rushes the QB til the clock reads 00:00!! Take a page from THAT book Fewell!!!!

Giantterp
10-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Its incredible when fans see a player with speed and a few moves and think they should be starting. Almost EVERY TEAM in the NFL has a player with speed on their roster that does not play. In the NFL there are 20 different things that make a running back or WR good and speed (although important) is only one of them. In DC it Brendan Banks and in Dallas it was Felix Jones for years.

We heard the same thing about Scott last year, Moss, ECT I remember when people (long before the boards) where crying for Stephen Baker!

Wilson will get his chance (if he can do other things that the coach ask for)...