PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Stevie Brown in your 1st NYG Start, you earned it last week

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
All eyes will be on you Stevie..........keep up the good work, lay the wood on a few of those tackles. We used to have a guy named Gibril Wilson
who really layed people out.......look up some Gibril highlights on you tube and be like him

Hopefully you have an outstanding game and pick one or two off to boot.......the world is your oyster right now Buddy.
If you keep this up your salary will skyrocket next year

And you too Prince.......nice job last week.....did not think you had it in you, you made me eat my words

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
If can help with stopping the run even 75% as good as Phillips did I'll be happy with his performance. He played solid last week for sure. High energy player.

titwio
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
So...who's the player getting cut to make room for Sash?

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
not sure, and I hate to think anyone will go.......but if Sash is activated, someone has to go.......I'd wait til monday to activate him

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Adrienne Robinson and hopefully he passes waivers to go on the Practice squad.....maybe Jerrigan, maybe Kuhn, or Tracey

I do not wish it on anyone but there may be some injury issue this weekend that forces us to put someone on IR

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
So...who's the player getting cut to make room for Sash?

I'm hoping its not Ojomo but....

GameTime
10-05-2012, 03:40 PM
not sure, and I hate to think anyone will go.......but if Sash is activated, someone has to go.......I'd wait til monday to activate him

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Adrienne Robinson and hopefully he passes waivers to go on the Practice squad.....maybe Jerrigan, maybe Kuhn, or Tracey

I do not wish it on anyone but there may be some injury issue this weekend that forces us to put someone on IR
Kuhn is not going anywhere he is one of three healthy DTs right now. Jernigan stays as well. I am thinking Tryon since he hasnt been too good but I guess he may be needed just for depth.....

titwio
10-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm hoping its not Ojomo but....

This could very well be the guy....Maybe they IR him?

TuckandRolle
10-05-2012, 03:43 PM
GameTime check your PM.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I thiink it might come down to who is more likely to clear waivers

Ojomo will not clear waivers

titwio
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I thiink it might come down to who is more likely to clear waivers

Ojomo will not clear waivers

They could put him on IR.

Eli TO Shockey
10-05-2012, 04:03 PM
All eyes will be on you Stevie..........keep up the good work, lay the wood on a few of those tackles. We used to have a guy named Gibril Wilson
who really layed people out.......look up some Gibril highlights on you tube and be like him

Hopefully you have an outstanding game and pick one or two off to boot.......the world is your oyster right now Buddy.

And you too Prince.......nice job last week.....did not think you had it in you, you made me eat my words

you're starting to grow on me jakk :cool:

Toadofsteel
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Stevie is baller. Having KP would be nice but Stevie should be able to hold on until KP is healthy...

Eli2Shockey4aTD
10-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I really liked what I saw in this kid. Made his presence noticeable.

GameTime
10-05-2012, 04:29 PM
well the fact that Stevie Brown isnt a rookie and has some decent experience has helped him big time I think.

He was part of and Oakland D a couple years back that was actually decent....

nycisgreat
10-05-2012, 07:36 PM

I was really impress by the way he played last week. I think he will do very well this week.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 07:50 PM
hate to be debbie downer, but does no one remember that play where he was in coverage as the single high safety? He was basically playing deep center, Vick threw a pass late and the ball sailed on him. You could see Brown try to make a play on the ball as soon as vick let it go, but he just didnt have the athleticism to get there...KP woulda picked the pass off, and pretty much every safety I can think of makes a play on the ball at the least...but Brown didnt, and the pass got to DJax but bounced off his hand and incomplete.
I was happy with Browns performance dont get me wrong, but KP he is not and he could be a serious liability in coverage. I'm hoping PF uses him in the box bc he seemed capable of that.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 07:53 PM
hate to be debbie downer, but does no one remember that play where he was in coverage as the single high safety? He was basically playing deep center, Vick threw a pass late and the ball sailed on him. You could see Brown try to make a play on the ball as soon as vick let it go, but he just didnt have the athleticism to get there...KP woulda picked the pass off, and pretty much every safety I can think of makes a play on the ball at the least...but Brown didnt, and the pass got to DJax but bounced off his hand and incomplete.
I was happy with Browns performance dont get me wrong, but KP he is not and he could be a serious liability in coverage. I'm hoping PF uses him in the box bc he seemed capable of that.

all true

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
If Sash is activated it would be nice to see them cut Tryon

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
If Sash is activated it would be nice to see them cut Tryon

with all the injuries...I do not think we're deep enough at corner to do that at this time

Marvelousmik
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM

thats exactly what i was thinking. I dont know if it was his athleticism as much as it was him kinda day dreaming and not expecting the pass to come his way. But only time will tell how good he is

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Hey Debbie...do you remember the play where Brown smashed McCoy like a tomato can.......Philips cannot extract that kind of snot

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey Debbie...do you remember the play where Brown smashed McCoy like a tomato can.......Philips cannot extract that kind of snot

Yeah Phillips has never made a tackle...sorry that argument doesn't work

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry to argue with you oh football sage ...... That made a lot of sense

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Sorry to argue with you oh football sage ...... That made a lot of sense

maybe to you it did...I get it ..you like brown...that's fine...but to say that Phillips sucks to prove your point....makes no sense

Imgrate
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Tell that to Mewelde Moore and Vincent Jackson

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 08:48 PM
The idea of Stevie Brown covering the deep end of the field against elite QBs honestly frightens me. Thankfully, we don't have to deal with any of those until the Steelers game.

titwio
10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
What I want to know is how Stevie Brown jumped ahead of Will Hill on the depth chart...I thought Brown only made the team to hold a roster spot for Sash.

Now he's the #3 safety?

fansince69
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
What I want to know is how Stevie Brown jumped ahead of Will Hill on the depth chart...I thought Brown only made the team to hold a roster spot for Sash.

Now he's the #3 safety?

Honestly I think it's based more on experience than talent

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 09:38 PM

like i said, brown did well in the box, and hopefully thats what PF has him doing vs cleveland.

BParcells777
10-05-2012, 09:43 PM
As long as this talentless Saftey keeps making INTs and inflicting maximum pain on tackles we'll have to limp along with him. What choice is there?
I rate safteys by the pain they inflict......not with helmet hits, not on defenseless WRs........but when the opportuinty comes along to make an opponent think about the consequences of running around with the ball in our secondary, I want to fortify their memories.

I never said I do not like Philips. I do not consider Philips an "impact" player but he is a good one......he's not a mean one.....not a Gibril Wilson.

Right now Philips has a knee that swings sideways as well as back and forth, so it does not matter, does it?

The whole Giants starting DB corp from game one, where Tony Romo tore them apart has not been up to snuff. Rolle is another one who seems to have lost a step and is not blowing people up

My point is the new players are stepping in, and I wish them all the best. You can never have enough qualified DBs...........taking one instance where YOU thought he should have made an INT, and Kenny Philips DEFINITELY would have is beyond ludicrous......it was his first game in there for more than 2 minutes, so if he did not run around out there with a butterfly net I'm willing to give him one pass........maybe even more. Sheeeeesh!!!! Give the guy a break.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
wtf? KP has some of the biggest hits I can remember. hit on grahm of NO last year, that hit on Mewelde Moore of Pitt IIRC a few years ago, vs TB on Jackson, KP is such an underrated safety. The guy has been excellent in pass coverage and run support. I am pulling for Brown, but KP he is not, at least from what I've seen thus far

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Love the way Stevie plays up close to the line, don't think he plays the pass near as well. I do; however, hope he has a monster game! We'll need him to step up!

BParcells777
10-06-2012, 05:58 PM
In Philadelphia, Brown was second on the team with seven tackles (six solo), including two for losses.

BParcells777
10-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I did the math and Philips is avg 5 tackles per game in his Giants career.....not sure about backfield stops
Stevie had 7 in his first game and 2 in the enemy backfield
Philips had 4 INTs last year and 1 the year before
Stevie has had 1 INT in 2 games played for the Giants

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I did the math and Philips is avg 5 tackles per game in his Giants career.....not sure about backfield stops
Stevie had 7 in his first game and 2 in the enemy backfield
Philips had 4 INTs last year and 1 the year before
Stevie has had 1 INT in 2 games played for the GiantsSo he must be better then KP??? Stevie Brown has potential but Kp is a top safety in this league.

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
last year KP was the top rated safety in pass defense. He didn't allow a td in 29 pass attempts (in those 29 he had 4 ints.).... he also held opposing qb to a qb rating of 36.2. That is being very underrated as a safety.

BParcells777
10-06-2012, 10:44 PM
So he must be better then KP??? Stevie Brown has potential but Kp is a top safety in this league.

Ok......sure
I am so sick of hearing Philips name all over the media and during play by play.......he is average, not extraordinary. How many Pro Bowls has Kenny been to?

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Ok......sure
I am so sick of hearing Philips name all over the media and during play by play.......he is average, not extraordinary. How many Pro Bowls has Kenny been to?ok that's what you think I hope Stevie has a hellva game tomorrow too. I respect your opinion but to me KP is very underrated. He was very important to our pass defense.

BParcells777
10-06-2012, 10:47 PM
last year KP was the top rated safety in pass defense. He didn't allow a td in 29 pass attempts.... he also held opposing qb to a qb rating of 36. That is being very underrated as a safety.

top rated in the NFL or vs Antrelle Rolle?

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 10:52 PM
top rated in the NFL or vs Antrelle Rolle?no safety was better in the NFL,,,in pass defense.

miked1958
10-06-2012, 11:08 PM
All eyes will be on you Stevie..........keep up the good work, lay the wood on a few of those tackles. We used to have a guy named Gibril Wilson who really layed people out.......look up some Gibril highlights on you tube and be like himHopefully you have an outstanding game and pick one or two off to boot.......the world is your oyster right now Buddy.If you keep this up your salary will skyrocket next yearAnd you too Prince.......nice job last week.....did not think you had it in you, you made me eat my wordsYes he sure did

BParcells777
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
no safety was better in the NFL,,,in pass defense.

Great
When he comes back whole. we will have 3 top safteys hopefully
With Prince and Hosely at CB.....the DB picture has gone from gloom and doom to rosy overnight

now maybe the DL will catch fire

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Great
When he comes back whole. we will have 3 top safteys hopefully
With Prince and Hosely at CB.....the DB picture has gone from gloom and doom to rosy overnight

now maybe the DL will catch firelol I agree...

BParcells777
10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Give me that Kenny Philips argument again eh?

drewz
10-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Was that INT the death kneel to Tyler Sash coming back?

DemandedAce
10-07-2012, 03:19 PM
INT and recovered fumble, hells yes!

BParcells777
10-07-2012, 03:19 PM
LOL

Toadofsteel
10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Was that INT the death kneel to Tyler Sash coming back?

Im not so sure, but it definitely means that Stevie has earned a spot on the roster...