PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Osi Umenyiora challenges Brown's RB Trent Richardson

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8466276/new-york-giants-defensive-end-osi-umenyiora-challenges-cleveland-browns-running-back-trent-richardson

Excerpt: " New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) veteran defensive end Osi Umenyiora (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4514/osi-umenyiora) issued a challenge to confident Cleveland Browns (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) rookie running back Trent Richardson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14884/trent-richardson).
"If (Trent) looks on tape and he thinks he sees some candy, come try and get it," Umenyiora said Friday.
Umenyiora's challenge came in response to comments Richardson made earlier in the week."I think that if we cover the edges and run hard, no doing all this juking and that, one move and go, I think we can have success in the running game," Richardson said.The Giants rank 22nd in the NFL in rushing defense, allowing 118.3 yards per game.Last Sunday night, Philadelphia's LeSean McCoy (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12514/lesean-mccoy) rushed for 123 yards against them on 23 carries, an average of 5.3 yards per attempt. As a team, the Eagles ran for 191 yards on 36 carries." Read more...

RoanokeFan
I sure am glad Osi has been playing lights out so he can back this trash talk up.

P_Simms_#11
Oy Vey!

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Ok Osi now back it up.Cause Trent Richardson will run you over.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Ok Osi now back it up.

It's amazing that he would say anything after his non-performance against the Eagles

Rudyy
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh God

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 08:31 PM
It's amazing that he would say anything after his non-performance against the EaglesI know it starting to scare me me lol.

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I just don't get it with Osi.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
It's amazing that he would say anything after his non-performance against the Eagles

didnt something like this happen last year too? osi speaking up when he has absolutely ZERO reason to. and why would he dare richardson to come get some, he's a good rb and capable of leading Cleveland to victory.
Keep your mouth shut and let the play do the talking...jeezus wtf is going on with our team right now

TheEnigma
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Richardson is built like an ox. The whole concept of Osi trying to stop him in the run game just doesn't bode well if you ask me. I'd rather have Kiwi play end when JPP is taking a break against this kid lol.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok Osi now back it up.Cause Trent Richardson will run you over.

Not to nit pick....but wouldn't Osi have to actually make contact to get run over?

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Not to nit pick....but wouldn't Osi have to actually make contact to get run over?

If I were TC, I'd bench his *** in favor of a Tracey/Ojomo rotation

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 08:38 PM
What happened to those 4 sacks you promised O$i?

P_Simms_#11
10-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't care for Lesean McCoy, but his characterization of Osi as a "ballerina" isn't far off the mark.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:41 PM
If I were TC, I'd bench his *** in favor of a Tracey/Ojomo rotation

Maybe if nothing else it would motivate him....in some ways I am wondering if he just isn't the player he once was.....he has never been great at playing run.....I could live with that when he was at least a force in the pass rush

jintsfan666
10-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Every night I pray osi will pull a hamstring and TC will put Ojomo in out of desperation. It's basically the way we find out we have talented young players. For my money osi is the most over rated player on the team. He is no longer an asset.

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't care for Lesean McCoy, but his characterization of Osi as a "ballerina" isn't far off the mark.

I am not sure ...I think a ballerina would have at least jumped in McCoys path

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Not to nit pick....but wouldn't Osi have to actually make contact to get run over?This is true 1000%.....

P_Simms_#11
10-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I am not sure ...I think a ballerina would have at least jumped in McCoys path

Sad but true.

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
im having a hard time remembering something, didnt osi pull something like this last year? when he opened his mouth about poor play, while he was the one playing poorly?
i know something similar happened just cant remember hate when that happens

Eli TO Shockey
10-05-2012, 08:50 PM
id rather have osi say "come and get it" rather than "i suck" just sayin....

fansince69
10-05-2012, 08:52 PM
id rather have osi say "come and get it" rather than "i suck" just sayin....

I think Id rather have him shut up and play

Eli TO Shockey
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM

agreed.....that goes for tuck and JPP too...

RoanokeFan
10-05-2012, 08:55 PM

+1

TextureDj
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Isnt there some sort of semi elective surgery that dude can go get again?

P_Simms_#11
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
"Disclaimer: The statements made by Osi Umenyiora do not reflect the opinions of the New York Giants team, owners or fans."

fansince69
10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
"Disclaimer: The statements made by Osi Umenyiora do not reflect the opinions of the New York Giants team, owners or fans."

lol

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Osi just rang the diner bell, lets see if Richards is hungry enough to try and take iT!!!!!

BMW
10-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Osi talks a lot for sucking so much lately.

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Umen-your-an-idiot just put a sock in it until you actually influence a game...positively. We've already seen you negatively influence every game so far.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh no Osi! What did you do?

nhpgiantsfan
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Every night I pray osi will pull a hamstring and TC will put Ojomo in out of desperation. It's basically the way we find out we have talented young players. For my money osi is the most over rated player on the team. He is no longer an asset.

Who is he overrated by? Obviously not the fans. He is ripped apart here more than any other player. The whole defense played undisciplined football last week, but only one name keeps coming up here. Tuck has been in a coma all season, if anything he is more overrated than Osi. It is pretty clear around here that nobody likes Osi. And I don't here the media hyping him either. So overrated? Not really..

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
How about they all equally shut up and play.And we shut up and watch :)

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
tuck actually had a decent game vs philly. dont even try turning this into "woe is osi, we're all unfair" situation. guy should keep his mouth shut especially when he sucks balls vs the run. dont want richardson running at osi all game bc that'd mean they'd run well...u think richardson wont "come take the candy" or whatever horrible analogy he used? well then let ur play do the talking, not ur mouth

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 09:56 PM
All DE's sucked in philly, don't know what game you watched, but it resonated with all of them in there interviews. One said he sucked the other said he's not happy,don't really care to ***** and moan about what people say, cause game time talking is done on the field. Maybe this is the game where Osi stops the run, JPP gets back to being destructive, Tuck gets more penetration. I personally have no problem with Osi responding... not initiating the trash talk with Richardson, if he feels he can do something about it. Like another poster said, it is certainly better than the defeatis quotes from the other DE and or possibly depending on perspective DE's.

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Fan's wishing injury on one of the players that play for the team they hold loyalty to. No words!

OX1
10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
What happened to all the "we can't live without Osi, your a lunatic if you think we should trade him" threads?
Wasn't onboard last year. I still maintain that even when his sacks are up there, they are negated overall
by his end around runs well behind the play that ultimately allow runs or screens to go for big yardage.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
All DE's sucked in philly, don't know what game you watched, but it resonated with all of them in there interviews. One said he sucked the other said he's not happy,don't really care to ***** and moan about what people say, cause game time talking is done on the field. Maybe this is the game where Osi stops the run, JPP gets back to being destructive, Tuck gets more penetration. I personally have no problem with Osi responding... not initiating the trash talk with Richardson, if he feels he can do something about it. Like another poster said, it is certainly better than the defeatis quotes from the other DE and or possibly depending on perspective DE's.

What did Richardson say?

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
What happened to all the "we can't live without Osi, your a lunatic if you think we should trade him" threads?
Wasn't onboard last year. I still maintain that even when his sacks are up there, they are negated overall
by his end around runs well behind the play that ultimately allow runs or screens to go for big yardage.
remember that cowboys game a few years ago where they had like 3 huge TD plays on screens past osi...ugh. i hate when teams gameplan on exposing his uphill pass rush, but one thing, osi hasnt actually been that bad in that regard. he isnt really doing his take off upfield past the play bit, its more that he's just playing soft, not keeping contain, and taking horrible angles

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
What did Richardson say?

"I think that if we cover the edges and run hard, no doing all this juking and that, one move and go, I think we can have success in the running game,"

Mathias Kiwinuka went on to say- "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."

Now while indirect a player can only take that as an insult, cuase it is an insult, to the DE's and the LB's. At least that's how I would of taken it while I was playing, if a rival player said something similar. Maybe I am wrong, maybe its nothing; but I can understand the feeling that, what was said was a subtle jab to the play of the D-Line or Linebackers.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
"I think that if we cover the edges and run hard, no doing all this juking and that, one move and go, I think we can have success in the running game,"

Mathias Kiwinuka went on to say- "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."

Now while indirect a player can only take that as an insult, cuase it is an insult, to the DE's and the LB's. At least that's how I would of taken it while I was playing, if a rival player said something similar. Maybe I am wrong, maybe its nothing; but I can understand the feeling that, what was said was a subtle jab to the play of the D-Line or Linebackers.
Looks like the media trying to make a story out of nothing as usual.

rainierjef
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks like the media trying to make a story out of nothing as usual.

You could be right.

what struck me as the insulting part in what he said was "no doing all this juking and that, one move and go," what is he trying to say here? our DE's are that undisciplined that just one cuts and they are in the dust? or they are easy to break away from. I would be fired up if i heard this verbatum as a Defensive player, from a rookie no less.
Just saying

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 10:28 PM
You could be right.

what struck me as the insulting part in what he said was "no doing all this juking and that, one move and go," what is he trying to say here? our DE's are that undisciplined that just one cuts and they are in the dust? or they are easy to break away from. I would be fired up if i heard this verbatum as a Defensive player, from a rookie no less.
Just saying

Could be, or he could just be saying that he can't dance behind the line because hes respecting our speed? Who knows.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Lets be honest, if Richardson did say its not like the anyone who watched the other game would disagree.

ShakeandBake
10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Lets be honest, if Richardson did say its not like the anyone who watched the other game would disagree.

I don't think what he said was too disrespectful, but hopefully it will fire our guys up, we need a spark from somewhere

rEaS
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP JUST SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY AND PLAY GOOD DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL..!!!!!

Antwuan
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Interesting!

Marvelousmik
10-05-2012, 10:43 PM

took the words out of my mouth

nhpgiantsfan
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
tuck actually had a decent game vs philly. dont even try turning this into "woe is osi, we're all unfair" situation. guy should keep his mouth shut especially when he sucks balls vs the run. dont want richardson running at osi all game bc that'd mean they'd run well...u think richardson wont "come take the candy" or whatever horrible analogy he used? well then let ur play do the talking, not ur mouth

I am not making it "woe is Osi". He has definately had a bad start to the season. But I am tired of Tuck getting a pass. He has sucked so far as well, and his demeanor on the field is extremely disheartening. He has looked like he doesnt even want to be out there. Bottom line the defense as a whole has struggled against the run, but Osi is everyone's favorite guy to point the finger at. And I get it, Osi was a headache the past year and a half, and Tuck is always the rah rah team guy, but come on people, open your eyes. Our defensive captain is in a coma right now. They both have been non-factors.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I LOVE it.......

EmpireStateG
10-05-2012, 11:42 PM

QFT.

miked1958
10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
It's amazing that he would say anything after his non-performance against the EaglesYes after boasting he would get five sacks. Now this? He keeps this up he will be easier and easier to re sign. Big question will be.. Will we want to?

DandyDon
10-06-2012, 12:35 AM

Not a ballerina. A DIVA.

TheAnalyst
10-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Wow. Let's turn into the Jets...

GiantRoc
10-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Luckily he is in his final contract year. Now he will be playing lights out for his new free agent contract. Right???

joemorrisforprez
10-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Osi reminds me of this chick I used to date....she'd flip the bird to people on the highway, and then I'd get in the fight.

Harooni
10-06-2012, 02:36 AM
yeah we all know osi is a strong runstopper.

Harooni
10-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Osi reminds me of this chick I used to date....she'd flip the bird to people on the highway, and then I'd get in the fight. lmao

BuffyBlueII
10-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Umen-your-an-idiot just put a sock in it until you actually influence a game...positively. We've already seen you negatively influence every game so far.He also been negatively influencing other defensive players attitudes too. I really wish we would have traded him to. Baltimore before the season began when they offerred a second and a third round pick for him.

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 03:56 AM
He also been negatively influencing other defensive players attitudes too.

The hate for this player is just ridiculous

Rat_bastich
10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
The best cliche' to use in this whole battle of the mouths thing with Osi is 'put up or shut up'. Let us see what happens on the field. If the D-line fails to hold Trent Richardson to some meager yardage I think they should all wear t-shirts that say 'T. Rich is my daddy!'

GMENAGAIN
10-06-2012, 07:29 AM

+1

His act is getting real old, real fast . . . .

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 09:03 AM
You could be right.

Just saying

Being fired up and being able to silence Richardson on the field are two different things. Are we saying we weren't fired up for the Eagles? McCoy made them look like amateurs in the second half.

bigblue58
10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
When Osi makes a major contribution to manhandling a less talented team like the Browns the way that they should be manhandled, then he can talk as much as he wants!
Until then, he should just zip it, because the Giants track record of playing WAY down to lesser opponents, and allowing marginal QB's to have career days, has been too much the trend for him to say ANYTHING.
There is even less of an excuse for how invisible the Giants pass rush has been, because......... of all the injuries plagueing the Giants, the Defensive Front is intact and more healthy than any other group on the team .
This Defense has got to put an end to heart attack moments and wipe the floor with the Browns....period!

Rudyy
10-06-2012, 09:35 AM
When Osi makes a major contribution to manhandling a less talented team like the Browns the way that they should be manhandled, then he can talk as much as he wants!
Until then, he should just zip it, because the Giants track record of playing WAY down to lesser opponents, and allowing marginal QB's to have career days has been too much the trend for him to say ANYTHING.
There is ZERO excuse for how invisible the Giants pass rush has been, because of all the injuries plagueing the Giants, the Defensive Front is intact and more healthy than it's ever been 4 weeks into the season.
This Defense has got to put an end to heart attack moments and wipe the floor with the Browns....period!+1

GameTime
10-06-2012, 09:40 AM
whatever....just play the game......
he responded to the comment that Richardson said he can get yards on the Giants if he just satys in his lanes and makes strong runs. So Osi said if he sees some candy then he can try and go get it.
Once again this board gets all crazy over the littlest comments....

Osi has to play better of course but what he said is really no big deal....

nhpgiantsfan
10-06-2012, 09:41 AM
He also been negatively influencing other defensive players attitudes too. I really wish we would have traded him to. Baltimore before the season began when they offerred a second and a third round pick for him.

Wait now he is negatively influencing other players attitudes?? Please provide one, just one example of this. Are you trying to say Osi is the reason Tuck is constantly seen on the sideline sulking like a little girl.

You guys are amazing. Where do your come up with this stuff?

Rudyy
10-06-2012, 09:51 AM
whatever....just play the game......
he responded to the comment that Richardson said he can get yards on the Giants if he just satys in his lanes and makes strong runs. So Osi said if he sees some candy then he can try and go get it.
Once again this board gets all crazy over the littlest comments....

Osi has to play better of course but what he said is really no big deal....It's a big deal because he's shown us nothing so far.

GameTime
10-06-2012, 09:56 AM
It's a big deal because he's shown us nothing so far.

Its still BS to me. Besides Osi was speaking for the whole D and not just himself. He is teeling Richardson to go for it. Big deal.
Osi not playing well vs the run is not secret so this being a big deal that he is telling TR to go for it is as usual blow WAY out of proportion.

Rudyy
10-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Its still BS to me. Besides Osi was speaking for the whole D and not just himself. He is teeling Richardson to go for it. Big deal.
Osi not playing well vs the run is not secret so this being a big deal that he is telling TR to go for it is as usual blow WAY out of proportion.You just made my point. Osi doesn't play well against the run, so why would you bait Trent Richardson? That doesn't make any sense. Regardless of if he was speaking for the whole D, that STILL doesn't make any sense. Justin Tuck is moody, JPP isn't having fun, Bernard is out, our secondary is questionable, and Osi has yet to play up to par. Didn't Osi say he was gonna get 4 sacks last week or something? Sorry, but I disagree with you.

GameTime
10-06-2012, 10:05 AM
You just made my point. Osi doesn't play well against the run, so why would you bait Trent Richardson? That doesn't make any sense. Regardless of if he was speaking for the whole D, that STILL doesn't make any sense. Justin Tuck is moody, JPP isn't having fun, Bernard is out, our secondary is questionable, and Osi has yet to play up to par. Didn't Osi say he was gonna get 4 sacks last week or something? Sorry, but I disagree with you.
thats cool and I see what you are saying but I am always on the side of what these guys says with stuff like this means very little. He said to go get the candy if he thinks there. Not really fighting words but whatever.
We'll see come Sunday......

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Yes after boasting he would get five sacks. Now this? He keeps this up he will be easier and easier to re sign. Big question will be.. Will we want to?

He could make Reese's job really easy

RagTime Blue
10-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Why would they run anywhere BUT at out 2 inexperienced DT's??

22for25
10-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Whoa I remember during the offseason this board was crying that we sign osi back, now killing the guy? Lol that's funny.

Rudyy
10-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Whoa I remember during the offseason this board was crying that we sign osi back, now killing the guy? Lol that's funny.Because he sucks?

bleeding blue
10-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I actually like Osi's comments...I take it as he got pissed by TR's comment so he's daring him to run his way. I get the feeling that Osi is fed up with his own performance and wants to make some plays. Let's see if Osi can back his words...for once

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Osi reminds me of this chick I used to date....she'd flip the bird to people on the highway, and then I'd get in the fight.

LOL

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Whoa I remember during the offseason this board was crying that we sign osi back, now killing the guy? Lol that's funny.

Not everyone was calling for Osi to be re-signed then or now.

FBomb
10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Yet another reason we should have traded him last off season. It would be fine to talk if he had actually DONE SOMETHING worthy of talking....but he hasn't. STFU and show me something!!

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Yet another reason we should have traded him last off season. It would be fine to talk if he had actually DONE SOMETHING worthy of talking....but he hasn't. STFU and show me something!!

If he plays the Browns as he played the Eagles he's going to look like a clown.

Rudyy
10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
If he plays the Browns as he played the Eagles he's going to look like a clown.He already looks like a clown. Goodness Osi, you better be on your A game.

NYGabriel
10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Very disrespectful comments about Osi in this thread. You'd think helping the Giants win 2 SB's in 5 years would warrant a modicum of gratitude.

A lot of you guys deserve to be Jets fans.

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Very disrespectful comments about Osi in this thread. You'd think helping the Giants win 2 SB's in 5 years would warrant a modicum of gratitude.

A lot of you guys deserve to be Jets fans.lmao yeah cause Osi's play has been stellar this season...no but seriously people just don't want him to start. Osi is better at 3rd and longs that is it.

embeshAtYa
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
picturing osi loose contain and trying desperately to find a good angle while being toasted

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Because Tucks play has been stellar as well, or JPP's, or Kiwi. They are all sucking wind right now.
Kiwi said "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."
Tuck said "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck."
JPPsaid "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year."
( not full quotes)

They all did not produce, Osi had a sack but that gets quickly negated, because he over pursued on a couple of plays and we got torched for big scramble plays or runs. I hate it as well, I was screaming at the T.V. "Osi WTF! I backed your *** against posters, fans and rival fans all year do something!!!" If it was that everyone was producing and Osi didn't, fine I would agree, but they ALL suck.
Personally, I think alot of posters on here who disagreed, with the way things turned out with osi in the past and this organization. Still harbor hate towards him, and are banking on him not having a productive season, so they can say I told you so or make multiple threads about how right they were, we should of traded him, or released him. That's fine and I am not here to question anyone's fan hood, but be fair across the board, is all i am saying. Tuck got ran on as well, JPP arguably is doing the bulk of the work yes, but he is still not getting the pressure he used to get. remember Osi is not getting full-time starter reps, his reps has been cut i believe. I think Offenses are better prepared this year for our pas rush, they are doing things on the Line preventing us from Teeing off on them, That plus we are not gaining leads in the first half for the D-line to pin their ears back. Plus our secondary is suspect, so we cannot be too crazy with blitzes.

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Like everyone has been saying Osi cannot play run contain and that is 100% true. From what I've seen from Tuck (yes his attitude sucks) he was beat only on one play Sunday night. To me it said a lot that the Eagles ran it to Osi side almost everytime the decided to run. They were even faking Osi out they were giving him a free release cause they knew he wouldn't play containment. The fact is Osi shouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in there in run plays. The only time Osi plays great is when he can just come in and rush the passer like he did last year. Now this week my be different cause he Brandon Weeden isn't exactly mobile, but when you play mobile qb and possibly the best rb you have to play containment first which Osi didn't. Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football.

giantsfan420
10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
i agree elicruzzz. i said a few days ago that i thought tuck had a decent game, certainly not as bad as osi's night. he made a few plays vs the run game, got the edge on a pass rush or two but it was osi they targeted for a majority of their yards iirc

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Like everyone has been saying Osi cannot play run contain and that is 100% true. From what I've seen from Tuck (yes his attitude sucks) he was beat only on one play Sunday night. To me it said a lot that the Eagles ran it to Osi side almost everytime the decided to run. They were even faking Osi out they were giving him a free release cause they knew he wouldn't play containment. The fact is Osi shouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in there in run plays. The only time Osi plays great is when he can just come in and rush the passer like he did last year. Now this week my be different cause he Brandon Weeden isn't exactly mobile, but when you play mobile qb and possibly the best rb you have to play containment first which Osi didn't. Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football.

Osi is not starting.
No one knows what the plays are until it is snapped, so to say Osi shouldn't be in on run plays, is almost saying Osi shouldn't be in at all. Because QB's can audible into a run play or the play can initially be that.
We all know Osi is a speed rusher, and he is not good against the run, we knew this back in 07, why is it a surprise now?
"Osi along with Tuck should just shut up a play football. " this I agree with.

rEaS
10-06-2012, 06:43 PM

A lot of you guys deserve to be Jets fans.

such a dumb comment.. so because he helped us win 2 sbs in the last few years we should give him a pass now that he won't shut up and doesn't come to play.. you know what.. **** you and your 'jets fans' mentality.. we need osi to play.. if we could just be a disciplined DE we wouldn't be talking about him.. i dont care if he doesnt have another sack in the season as long as he doesn't allow all those long runs and cutbacks his side of the defense..

he *****es and moans, gets his god damn contract, talks **** more than any other giants player in recent history and when it comes to game time, he disappears and gets completely run over..

FBomb
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Because Tucks play has been stellar as well, or JPP's, or Kiwi. They are all sucking wind right now.
Kiwi said "If he proves it, I'll shake his hand and tap him on the butt, If he doesn't, I expect never to hear from him again."
Tuck said "I think I have 3. But I don't have enough. I pretty much suck."
JPPsaid "I'm not having that fun I'm used to," "I’ve just got to go out there and run around like a little kid. Just be happy that you’re out there and make plays. Have that energy that I had last year."
( not full quotes)

They all did not produce, Osi had a sack but that gets quickly negated, because he over pursued on a couple of plays and we got torched for big scramble plays or runs. I hate it as well, I was screaming at the T.V. "Osi WTF! I backed your *** against posters, fans and rival fans all year do something!!!" If it was that everyone was producing and Osi didn't, fine I would agree, but they ALL suck.
Personally, I think alot of posters on here who disagreed, with the way things turned out with osi in the past and this organization. Still harbor hate towards him, and are banking on him not having a productive season, so they can say I told you so or make multiple threads about how right they were, we should of traded him, or released him. That's fine and I am not here to question anyone's fan hood, but be fair across the board, is all i am saying. Tuck got ran on as well, JPP arguably is doing the bulk of the work yes, but he is still not getting the pressure he used to get. remember Osi is not getting full-time starter reps, his reps has been cut i believe. I think Offenses are better prepared this year for our pas rush, they are doing things on the Line preventing us from Teeing off on them, That plus we are not gaining leads in the first half for the D-line to pin their ears back. Plus our secondary is suspect, so we cannot be too crazy with blitzes.

yeah...OR...we just want Osi and the rest of the talkers to just shut up and play.

CowboysSuck
10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Im not sure why some people are bashing JPP like hes dogging it. The guy is a monster and gives 110% on every play. Do you guys not see him making plays? Do you watch the games? Sacks aren't the ONLY stat that reflects production.

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 07:02 PM
yeah...OR...we just want Osi and the rest of the talkers to just shut up and play.

agreed! All the talkers.

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Im not sure why some people are bashing JPP like hes dogging it. The guy is a monster and gives 110% on every play. Do you guys not see him making plays? Do you watch the games? Sacks aren't the ONLY stat that reflects production.
Cause he's not producing to the level he was last year, No one is bashing JPP, bashing is such a strong misused word for objective criticism. i saw some plays on regulars replay and all 22 where he couldn't fight off one blocker, I can list them for you and times if you like.

Cloud57
10-06-2012, 07:19 PM

although he says he's not having fun, this guy is a playmaker, you ALWAYS hear his called during every game.

giantsfan420
10-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Cause he's not producing to the level he was last year, No one is bashing JPP, bashing is such a strong misused word for objective criticism. i saw some plays on regulars replay and all 22 where he couldn't fight off one blocker, I can list them for you and times if you like.

u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same level

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 07:56 PM
picturing osi loose contain and trying desperately to find a good angle while being toasted

Just watch last week's game, no imagination required :popcorn:

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same level

I know what i am looking at.
There are some clear instances where the pass is imminent and he doesn't shed the block, he tries but he's blocked. I think back to the game against the cowboys where he manhandled Smith, he did not do much of that last game. Sacks are nice, but i'm more looking for QB pressure, containment, batting down passes and disrupting lanes.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-06-2012, 08:22 PM
IM wit it...it cant hurt. Last week he didn't talk **** with McCoy and he played like ****...maybe this will result in something different.

ShakeandBake
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
IM wit it...it cant hurt. Last week he didn't talk **** with McCoy and he played like ****...maybe this will result in something different.

He said he was gonna put up 4 sacks last week, I think its time he and everyone else for that matter shut up and put up.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 08:49 PM

A ****ing men

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 08:57 PM
A ****ing men

I think this is the first time i've ever see you post a curse word on the boards. Put the whiskey down! :P

DandyDon
10-06-2012, 09:04 PM

thats funny. Her name wasn't Tina, as it?

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I think this is the first time i've ever see you post a curse word on the boards. Put the whiskey down! :P

Only when I know the filter will catch it lol

I can live with the injury situation because we have so little control over that. But the DLine coming up as flat as they have just drives me crazy. Someone else said earlier Blackburn leads in sacks. I'm not sure it's true but it would not surprise me. Maybe tomorrow they just tell Stevie Brown BLITZ when you're on the field.

DandyDon
10-06-2012, 09:14 PM
lmao yeah cause Osi's play has been stellar this season...no but seriously people just don't want him to start. Osi is better at 3rd and longs that is it.

Its not that we dont appreciate his contribution. He is a really good against the pass. Any team would want him.

But we have the deepest pass rush defense in the NFL. And Osi has NEVER been too good against the run. Cause he appears to be is always pass rushing, and over-committing to mobile QBs. Plus he never shuts up. Dont matter as he will be gone next year.

Anyway, I hope he get another ring this year!!

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
u have to be careful tho and know what ur looking at. a lot of times a DE will use a stack n shed, and it can look as if the DE is being blocked by one guy but in reality the DE is allowing the OL to get the hands on him so he can "stack" them, and then "shed" him. JPP does it almost every play that isnt a clear 3rd and long or when he uses a speed rush bc its effective vs the run. so yeah...and i dont think JPP is playing at a lower level at all. Teams are clearly focsuing on him and chipping him every chance they get. he still has a couple of sacks. when tuck n osi come around, JPP will get more sacks obviously but JPP has been a BEAST vs the run and even vs the pass w/ his batted balls/pressures. sack numbers are lower at the moment but that can change in a 3 sack game, everything else numbers wise is at the same levelYeah I agree JPP is on pace for another 80 tackle season(he has 17 already). So he is stopping the run when it is coming his way and making the tackle if some else misses containment. He also already had two pass defenses when all of last year he had 7. He is doing this even when he is doubled team and teams are building the way the play offense around him.That is pretty damn impressive for a defensive end all he has to do is get his sack numbers up and like you said they will come.

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Its not that we dont appreciate his contribution. He is a really good against the pass. Any team would want him.

But we have the deepest pass rush defense in the NFL. And Osi has NEVER been too good against the run. Cause he appears to be is always pass rushing, and over-committing to mobile QBs. Plus he never shuts up. Dont matter as he will be gone next year.

Anyway, I hope he get another ring this year!!lol no I was being sarcastic but I gotcha ya.

ShakeandBake
10-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Only when I know the filter will catch it lol

I can live with the injury situation because we have so little control over that. But the DLine coming up as flat as they have just drives me crazy. Someone else said earlier Blackburn leads in sacks. I'm not sure it's true but it would not surprise me. Maybe tomorrow they just tell Stevie Brown BLITZ when you're on the field.

Chase and Osi are both tied for the most sacks on the team with 2. If I remember correctly both of Osi's sacks were gifts(Vick gimme, and him getting pushed into Cam) so essentially Chase is leading the team in sacks. JPP has 1.5 sacks, and Tuck has 0 sacks. Our "pass rush" makes me want to vomit.

NorwoodBlue
10-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Osi calling out a ruunning back is the biggest freaking joke there is. Richardson will run right over Osi, that is, of course, assuming that Osi actually positions himself to stop a running play. It's like Tyron calling out Calvin Johnson before a game or something.

myles2424
10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Last thing osi needs to be doing is challenging any NFL Rbs right now

Buddy333
10-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I think there is way to much talking by this team and they can't even back it up.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Does he realize how stupid he sounds?

MikeyMike01
10-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Umenyiora needs to shut the hell up.