PDA

View Full Version : Are Austin and Kuhn ready?

giantsfan420
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
i dunno...from what i've seen, its gonna be a tough day. dont get me wrong, i've seen both flash some stuff to be excited about...but still, is Austin even capable of giving us 40-50 snaps? How about Kuhn? Austin is playing his first real action in like 2 or 3 years.

I'm just worried that Cleveland will be able to run it down our throats...if they can do that, it takes a ton of the responsibility off Weeden and he can play more loose...

Eliscruzzz
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I really can't say for sure I would think Austin will be ok. I have no Idea about Kuhn tough. I have a feeling that if Trent goes off this is going to come down to our secondary cause if we can't stop the run(like on Sunday night) then we have to defend the pass to get to the qb. I'm going guess and say JPP and Tuck haven't practiced with these guys to much so I don't know how many stunts PF is going to be able to run. This could be a long day. I think PF is going to have to blitz more and trust our corners this weekend cause if not that d-line is going to ware down as the game goes on just rushing 4 with depleted depth.

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Is Bernard or Joseph out? Sorry I'm not as updated on the injy's as I should be

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
oh ok, Bernard has a quad or something? I didnt know it was serious..

fansince69
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Is Bernard or Joseph out? Sorry I'm not as updated on the injy's as I should be

bernard is out

CowboysSuck
10-05-2012, 11:14 PM
I guess mr. 2nd round pick needs to start playing like one

GiantRoc
10-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I hope I am wrong, but I don't see either one stepping up. All I have seen are those to guys catching blockers in their chest at the LOS or getting pushed back. I hope they get a fire in their shorts soon.

Captain Chaos
10-06-2012, 08:24 AM
They are going to have to step up, and personally I think it will be a good thing for them (maybe not so much for the team). Player's get better when they play and I think getting more snaps will certainly help.

GameTime
10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
doesnt matter....they are playing anyway.....

fansince69
10-06-2012, 10:29 AM
doesnt matter....they are playing anyway.....

very true

GameTime
10-06-2012, 10:42 AM
very true
I think Kuhn will play very well.

fansince69
10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I think Kuhn will play very well.

When they drafter Austin ..I was very high on the pick....he looked like he got pushed around last week..I hope it's just some rust.....i hope he improves as he gets more accustom to playing time

slipknottin
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Kuhn has played reasonably well, and has got significantly more playing time than Austin has.

Austin I cant really fault, considering he hasent played in two years and this is really his first NFL game experience.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
When they drafter Austin ..I was very high on the pick....he looked like he got pushed around last week..I hope it's just some rust.....i hope he improves as he gets more accustom to playing time

He's been out of football for two years, I think they will give him this season to get into top form. In the meantime he develops alongside Bernard, Joseph, and hopefully Canty is they take him off PUP in two weeks.

giantsfan420
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
i agree with the consensus on Austin; that he needs time/reps to get back into old form. he not only has to make up for the 2 yrs he's missed, but also the difference in talent from college ball to the pros.... def uphill, but I believe he can get there.
Getting Canty back will be huge, and the reps Austin gets now (Kuhn too) will be invaluable to their progression as players. we just got to get thru the early, rough patches bc as a poster mentioned, Austin was getting pushed around. He showed some things to be real excited for but if we can get thru these next few weeks til canty gets back, we'll have much better DT depth

jomo
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I think that they are both capable players. The question I have is whether they will deliver consistency and stick to their assignments. Fatigue drives athletes to return to their instincts which often moves away from a disciplined approach. I expect mostly good plays and some errors but the two of them will be fine in the end. They certainly don't scare me like Petrus does.