PDA

View Full Version : NFL Monday QB: Top 5 QB-WR combos

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/nfl/GmgkHCh2awBb

Excerpt: "Phil Simms, Rich Gannon, and Steve Beuerlein discuss who they think the top 5 QB-WR combos are in the NFL. NFL Monday QB airs Monday nights at 6:30 p.m. ET on CBS Sports Network." VIDEO

jomo
10-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Good one RF. Although I love Cruz, I think you could make a strong argument for Nicks in that slot............which brings us back to this. We are likely looking at the 2 best WR in team history. Not the best tandem, although they are that too. These two guys imo are (or soon will be) #1 and 2 all time.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Good one RF. Although I love Cruz, I think you could make a strong argument for Nicks in that slot............which brings us back to this. We are likely looking at the 2 best WR in team history. Not the best tandem, although they are that too. These two guys imo are (or soon will be) #1 and 2 all time.

I said in pre-season Nicks and Cruz could be the best tandem in the NFL this season. I now hope Nicks gets back soon to make it happen.

I didn't take it as a slap at Nicks as much as I thought Phil Simms was alluding to the Roddy White comments about Cruz when he said how much you can get from a good slot receiver.

jomo
10-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I said in pre-season Nicks and Cruz could be the best tandem in the NFL this season. I now hope Nicks gets back soon to make it happen.

I didn't take it as a slap at Nicks as much as I thought Phil Simms was alluding to the Roddy White comments about Cruz when he said how much you can get from a good slot receiver.I agree that there was no slight intended and Cruz is certainly legit in his own right.

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree that there was no slight intended and Cruz is certainly legit in his own right.

When they are both on the field, it's really an amazing display of talent.