PDA

View Full Version : Haven't heard much talk about Bennett this week?

Captain Chaos
10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Surprised that there is not much talk about Bennett stepping up this week especially, as the G-men are so depleted at WR. Wasn't sure if it was the speedy LBs that Cleveland has or if no one thinks he will be that big of a factor. I thought last week he was held back to do more protection and blocking because of the rush. I for one think he might actually be a bigger part of the offense this week....

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Surprised that there is not much talk about Bennett stepping up this week especially, as the G-men are so depleted at WR. Wasn't sure if it was the speedy LBs that Cleveland has or if no one thinks he will be that big of a factor. I thought last week he was held back to do more protection and blocking because of the rush. I for one think he might actually be a bigger part of the offense this week....

Depending on how much we get from Randle, Bennett figures to have a lot of activity in the passing game

rainierjef
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Depending on how much we get form Randle, Bennett figures to have a lot of activity in the passing game
Crazy for a team that doesn't utilize the TE right? smh

RoanokeFan
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Crazy for a team that doesn't utilize the TE right? smh

Not in a traditional sense they don't, but if we can get the interior lineman step it up a notch Bennett could get more time as a target.

Captain Chaos
10-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Not in a traditional sense they don't, but if we can get the interior lineman step it up a notch Bennett could get more time as a target.

Would love to see that!

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Would love to see that!

Maybe an opportunity today.

brad
10-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I was a bit surprised by the complete change in how he was used last week. I understand the need to protect the QB, but there are different ways to do that. In the first 3 weeks, they did that by using Bennet as a quick dump-off point when the pressure was coming, that was working. Last week they opted to keep him in to protect much more, giving Eli less targets but more time, that didn't seem to work as well in my opinion.

GiantRoc
10-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Shhhh Its a secret. Seriously though. I see the tight end and running backs taking turns setting each other up this week.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I was a bit surprised by the complete change in how he was used last week. I understand the need to protect the QB, but there are different ways to do that. In the first 3 weeks, they did that by using Bennet as a quick dump-off point when the pressure was coming, that was working. Last week they opted to keep him in to protect much more, giving Eli less targets but more time, that didn't seem to work as well in my opinion.

Remember, on this team the TE is a lineman first

brad
10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Remember, on this team the TE is a lineman first

Yes, I understand that, and Bennet was a great acquisition because of his ability to block. However, he is also a great weapon in the passing game, especially in the "green zone" and that wasn't used last week. I am all for protecting the QB, but don't understand suddenly changing something when it has been working. I am sure there was more to it than my simple observation....

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Yes, I understand that, and Bennet was a great acquisition because of his ability to block. However, he is also a great weapon in the passing game, especially in the "green zone" and that wasn't used last week. I am all for protecting the QB, but don't understand suddenly changing something when it has been working. I am sure there was more to it than my simple observation....

He's had a pretty good run so far and last week we even had a TD from Pascoe. They get them involved as they can but if the OLine was better as a goup, we'd see more targets for the TEs

Joe Morrison
10-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Really have no idea why he was not involved in the game last week, expect to see more of him today.

drewz
10-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I noticed Eli didn't throw his way again after he got lazy on that route that got Eli picked off

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Pascoe had a touchdown? huh?

brad
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Pascoe had a touchdown? huh?

Yes, a 6 yarder in the fourth quarter