PDA

View Full Version : Man it's been slim Pickens in Here last several days

miked1958
10-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't know what it is. A lot of the posters on here just seem very subdued for whatever reason. I know that was a tough loss to the eagles last Sunday and they've beaten us 8/9 and were 0-2 in NFCE.

But come on, we are only 4 games into the season.....

We just need to get to 7-7 and we will have the league right where we want em!!! Lol

Come on guys!! Lighten up!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know what it is. A lot of the posters on here just seem very subdued for whatever reason. I know that was a tough loss to the eagles last Sunday and they've beaten us 8/9 and were 0-2 in NFCE.

We just need to get to 7-7 and we will have the league right where we want em!!! Lol

he's right. did we give up when the german's bombed pearl harbor? now who's with us?

miked1958
10-06-2012, 10:22 PM
he's right. did we give up when the german's bombed pearl harbor? now who's with us?I don't know if it's me but it seems there has not been a whole lot of new Threads made or even a lot of Posts being done in exsisting Threads either.

NorwoodBlue
10-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I think people are just in shock from the really bad coaching decisions made at the end of that Eagles game, and the total abandonment of the Andre Brown running game. It just wasn't a game we should have lost, and the coaches found a way to do it. The defense playing as flat as they did was also disheartening; but they always seem to find a way to play bad against the Eagles, particularily in the second half of the game.

A good solid game against Cleveland will help bring things back to life. It's also been a little weird for me having games on Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Sunday night, and only one 1:00 game on Sunday. Just doesn't feel like the season's really started.

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
I think people are just in shock from the really bad coaching decisions made at the end of that Eagles game, and the total abandonment of the Andre Brown running game. It just wasn't a game we should have lost, and the coaches found a way to do it. The defense playing as flat as they did was also disheartening; but they always seem to find a way to play bad against the Eagles, particularily in the second half of the game.

A good solid game against Cleveland will help bring things back to life. It's also been a little weird for me having games on Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Sunday night, and only one 1:00 game on Sunday. Just doesn't feel like the season's really started.

the way I see it boys,,and girls, is that there isn't much to say. we have all seen this movie before. all we can do is man up and root for our beloved Gmen.

miked1958
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Does the coaching staff think its a coincedence that we are 2-0 with Brown in Backfield and 0-2 with Bradshaw?

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Does the coaching staff think its a coincedence that we are 2-0 with Brown in Backfield and 0-2 with Bradshaw?

I think the coaching staff is thinking too much and maybe just do what feels right for once, roll the dice and let's see how it shakes out.

BigBlueAllDay
10-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I hope everyone will enjoy the Giants win tomorrow starting at 1 PM.

Eliscruzzz
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
It's always quiet before the storm.

CowboysSuck
10-06-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know if it's me but it seems there has not been a whole lot of new Threads made or even a lot of Posts being done in exsisting Threads either.

Its not just you, I have noticed it as well. It may have partially to do with the fact we are playing the Browns. Possibly the most boring team in football.

miked1958
10-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I come on and hit "what's new" button and their is nothing hardly there, or just TAGF in general. Even active threads are usually at a snails pace. Let's see how it looks tomorrow afternoon around 4 pm

miked1958
10-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Like right now, on TAGF there is one thread new

Rat_bastich
10-07-2012, 02:45 AM
For the most part everyone is burned out from last weekend. The speed should definitely pick up just before the game today. As said many times, winning cures everything and if the Giants win the pace should pick up for at least the next week.

Laurah1275
10-07-2012, 04:51 AM
I don't know if it's me but it seems there has not been a whole lot of new Threads made or even a lot of Posts being done in exsisting Threads either.Don't worry....I'm about to change all of that...hehehe...:)............IT'S GAME DAY!!!!!!!!

IamGiantsfan
10-07-2012, 05:04 AM
he's right. did we give up when the german's bombed pearl harbor? now who's with us?

http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Rat_bastich
10-07-2012, 05:12 AM

Thanks for the pep talk Bluto! But, Slim Pickens was in the other Belushi movie...1941!

jgiantfan
10-07-2012, 05:20 AM
The Eagles loss was a huge let down after a dominating performace at Carolina. We are now 0-2 in our division and everyone knows we have the toughest schedule this year. You have to find a way to win close games! The Eagles could easily be 1-3 this year with all the turnovers but they managed to win. I sense that we have an 8-8 team this year based on how we are playing now( .500 ball) and the rest of our grueling schedule . The NFC East will not have 3 teams going to the playoffs and the Cowboys and Eagles are not going to lay down like they did last year. As crazy as this sounds the Browns game is a must win for us.

Mod_C
10-07-2012, 06:09 AM
It's just too much negativity

bigjeep
10-07-2012, 06:14 AM

The sky fell on us!

Rat_bastich
10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
It's just too much negativity

If things go bad this weekend I don't think we've even reached the peak.

Since Eli_HOF started it:

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Mod_C
10-07-2012, 06:29 AM
No offense intended to anyone, but as I read through this thread, two words came to mind WAKE and FUNERAL.

Jet-Blue
10-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Classic line, he died way to early! RIP JB

Captain Chaos
10-07-2012, 07:05 AM
zzzzzzzzz

Redeyejedi
10-07-2012, 08:45 AM
9-7 will not win the division this year.That Eagle team is solid and will win 11 games. The AFC is getting run over by the NFC which means inflated NFC records. Giants need to finish minimum 8-4 and I think more like 9-3. I dont see how thats possible with the injuries and the Dline not showing up

giantsfan420
10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
9-7 will not win the division this year.That Eagle team is solid and will win 11 games. The AFC is getting run over by the NFC which means inflated NFC records. Giants need to finish minimum 8-4 and I think more like 9-3. I dont see how thats possible with the injuries and the Dline not showing up
care to wager on the philly 11 games statement?
I have the eagles winning 9x.
10 wins would be a push. 11 wins-u win obviously, 9-I win...they've been outscored by like 26 pts thru 4 weeks. those 1 and 2 pt wins are gonna dry up. philly has an absolutely BRUTAL next 5 games, I could see them going winless these next 5 games

SweetZombieJesus
10-07-2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

http://swagsoldseparately.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/belushi.jpg

Not sure if haven't seen Animal House...

GiantRoc
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Its more fun to talk about the positives. It gets old being down and negitive. Poor play and constant injuries just isn't fun to talk about. I'm hoping we can step up and dominate this game. The team and the fans really need the shot in the arm.

GiantRoc
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Its more fun to talk about the positives. It gets old being down and negitive. Poor play and constant injuries just isn't fun to talk about. I'm hoping we can step up and dominate this game. The team and the fans really need the shot in the arm. ELI HOF is right. Its time we get Animal in the house!!!

Die-Hard
10-07-2012, 10:24 AM
With no sarcasm intended whatsoever, a lot(not ALL) of you guys set yourselves up for letdowns like last weekend. You have the bar set WAY too high, and you expect them to dominate, win every game, and repeat. It's just not realistic, especially when you consider that we have 2nd and even 3rd string guys now starting in some areas. I believe they'll pick it back up and get on a roll, but expecting too much is a recipe for disaster.

Anyone who has followed this team for more than 5 minutes knows that there is no such thing as an easy win. The beatdown of the Panthers was a rare exception that happens once every 4-5 years. This team simply does not blow other teams out, and they dont always win games they should win. Thats all the proof you should need to not get your hopes up too high. Not being negative, just realistic.

Last week was a big disappointment, yes, but it's over. Let it go and move on

GreenZone
10-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Like right now, on TAGF there is one thread new

Let's face it, most of the posters aren't posting as well since the new boards came online. Many of the best posts appeared to be jabs at whether there would ever be a new board, which masked the inability of those posters to produce a quality statement.

And how obvious is it that the moderators are not as enthusiastic as in the past? They're not getting to the board as quickly. I think they may be overrated--may need to get back in the weight room to rebuild the fingers.

We need to bring in some new posters from another team's fan base, perhaps some Bengal fans to tell us: "You guys are great, but we're great too."

And have you noticed how the new boards just don't seem to give the ability to type letters as easily on the keyboard? Maybe if we could get back to the quoting of a quote of a quote threads that take up the whole page, we'd get back to the glory days of the longer thread that appeared to have more substance?

I'm not sure what's wrong here, but it seems like it can be traced further back when Flozell Adams tripped up a poster's train of thought a few years ago. It just doesn't seem like the boards have been the same since.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Let's face it, most of the posters aren't posting as well since the new boards came online. Many of the best posts appeared to be jabs at whether there would ever be a new board, which masked the inability of those posters to produce a quality statement.

And how obvious is it that the moderators are not as enthusiastic as in the past? They're not getting to the board as quickly. I think they may be overrated--may need to get back in the weight room to rebuild the fingers.

We need to bring in some new posters from another team's fan base, perhaps some Bengal fans to tell us: "You guys are great, but we're great too."

And have you noticed how the new boards just don't seem to give the ability to type letters as easily on the keyboard? Maybe if we could get back to the quoting of a quote of a quote threads that take up the whole page, we'd get back to the glory days of the longer thread that appeared to have more substance?

I'm not sure what's wrong here, but it seems like it can be traced further back when Flozell Adams tripped up a poster's train of thought a few years ago. It just doesn't seem like the boards have been the same since.Whew, thanks for clearing up the fact of why the boards are not alive with new threads.

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 12:02 PM
LOLLL

FlyingTruck
10-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Haha you think it's bad now...just wait and see what happens if we lose against the browns today..oh boy. GO BIG BLUE!

GreenZone
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Seriously, though, what's the deal with four pages of threads and done. Half the worthwhile ones will never stay around long enough to gain traction and interest.