PDA

View Full Version : Lets give Prince a chance before calling him a bust.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.

He didn't play CB in college? He didn't learn how to stay close enough to a reciever to make a one on one tackle? Come on man he's a bust or close to it anyway. Well maybe not if he had a decent DC he may look much better I don't know but this is getting rediculous. It' s not getting any better & he's made no progress.

NYSPORTS
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
lol - anybody having anything negative about Amakamara likely can't even throw a nerf football let alone understand the NFL.

jax5338
i really cant blame the players THAT much on defense. sure they miss big tackles here and there (rolle) but i honestly feel its the coaching. guys who have had success in the past are struggling under fewell. also tough to maintain coverages when only rushing 3 guys on third downs and giving the QB all day.

comebacktiki

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.You're correct, he's only a rookie and he was hurt for almost half the season.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM

He didn't play CB in college? He didn't learn how to stay close enough to a reciever to make a one on one tackle? Come on man he's a bust or close to it anyway. Well maybe not if he had a decent DC he may look much better I don't know but this is getting rediculous. It' s not getting any better & he's made no progress.

College is not the pros and he was thrown into the middle of the season out of desperation.

It is one of the hardest positions to play in the game and you think he should have it down already after just 4 pro games with no camp?

i knew this would happen.

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Perhaps people have different expectations for a First Round Draft Pick and forgetting to mention he held out on the Giants longer than any other first-rounder on top of the lockout (which applies to every team), wanting to be paid like a star. He just got benched today. lol Next...

NYGFaninILL
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Seriously, your comparing College to the NFL? really? He's a rookie DB who didn't have an offseason, one Pre-season practice, foot surgery and only 3 NFL games. And your calling him a bust?

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.Does he collect a paycheck? What does he have to show for it? I though that all the "experts" here were waiting anxiously for his return to solve the problems.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.Does he collect a paycheck? What does he have to show for it? I though that all the "experts" here were waiting anxiously for his return to solve the problems.

So you think he is a bust because some message board fans where hoping he could contribute without any professional experience and coming off of a broken foot?

TheEnigma
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Transitioning from college to the NFL at the CB position is probably one of the hardest things to do these days. I'm willing to cut the kid a break for the remainder of the season.

If he begins messing up next year, I'm going to criticize the heck out of him.

FlyingTruck
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
LOL the guy has been out all season and people are seriously going to call him a bust? Some of you are morons.

jgrangers11
12-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Anyone who thought a rookie cornerback was going to come in after barely any training camp and be a savior was an idiot. He was always going to struggle a bit

b_ELI_eve
12-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I've said this before and ill say it again... How quickly you all forget how long it took Cweb to "get it."

Die-Hard
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
People were calling Prince a bust?

Poor, blind fools. Just pity them, because they obviously don't know jack about football

midnite_nj
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Wow can the kid finish out his rookie season and maybe even another FULL SEASON before we start throwin around Ryan Leaf comparisons ??????? Unreal. Im as ticked off about the loss as anyone but to call him a bust is ridiculous. He didnt look good at all today but give him a few more games and like I said a season under his belt before u turn on him overnite.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

So you think he is a bust because some message board fans where hoping he could contribute without any professional experience and coming off of a broken foot?It was not some but all the usual suspects who have 30,000 plus posts that set up these expectations. If I go by THEIR expectations, he is a bust.

jgrangers11
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
People were calling Prince a bust?

Poor, blind fools. Just pity them, because they obviously don't know jack about football

It's not that they don't know football, it's that they have no patience.

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
No one said "bust" except the people calling other people fools. Enough said there. lol He's having a bad rookie season and not meeting expectations, but with respect to the injury. JPP wasn't ridiculous his rookie season either. Just a bit longer growing pains with Prince..

tonyt830
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm all for giving Prince more than half of a season before I would label him a bust. Lets wait a couple more years before bust is attached to him.</P>

</P>

buddy33
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM

So you think he is a bust because some message board fans where hoping he could contribute without any professional experience and coming off of a broken foot?It was not some but all the usual suspects who have 30,000 plus posts that set up these expectations. If I go by THEIR expectations, he is a bust.

What? What does that have to do with you asking if he collects a pay check and what does he have to show for it? Apparently you had pretty high expectations yourself.

All I'm saying is next year is another year and if he stinks it up then he will have earned the criticism.

titwio
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
The secondary as a WHOLE is horrible with the exception of KP....He played well and is probably the best tackler of the bunch.

Just calling out Prince for poor play is diverting the blame.

hungrrrry
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I would call Prince a bust at all...he has very little time in this season which may be beneficial next season. Fewell has poisoned this defense and Coughlin, giving them false thoughts of promise. He should have a new defensive scheme so he can toss out everything he learned of Fewells defense. It is the rest of the defense that I worry about.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM

What? What does that have to do with you asking if he collects a pay check and what does he have to show for it? Apparently you had pretty high expectations yourself.

All I'm saying is next year is another year and if he stinks it up then he will have earned the criticism.Well, as a 1st round draft choice, I was expecting him to play a little better than Ross, I am not saying he is a bust. I am just saying that he is not that good. Although, he does remind me of another Giants corner named Paterson aka "the toast".

Redeyejedi
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Prince looks very slow out there and Im starting to worry if some of the scouts concerns about his quickness did have merit.There were scouts out there they thought he was going to move to FS

jgrangers11
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM

All I'm saying is next year is another year and if he stinks it up then he will have earned the criticism.Well, as a 1st round draft choice, I was expecting him to play a little better than Ross, I am not saying he is a bust. I am just saying that he is not that good. Although, he does remind me of another Giants corner named Paterson aka "the toast".

And you want to judge this off of 4 games with no training camp, an injury and limited practice time? The only reason he's getting so much time to begin with is that we have such little depth right now at corner.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM

Maybe if he had OTA's, training camp, 4 pre season games, and 12 pro games under his belt he would be better right now.

buddy33
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Prince looks very slow out there and Im starting to worry if some of the scouts concerns about his quickness did have merit.There were scouts out there they thought he was going to move to FS

Slow or lost?

He didn't look slow chasing down McCoy, but lost yes. He is probably not 100% and is a step behind everyone who has ben playing at full speed for months now.

Die-Hard
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
No one said "bust" except the people calling other people fools. Enough said there. lol He's having a bad rookie season and not meeting expectations, but with respect to the injury. JPP wasn't ridiculous his rookie season either. Just a bit longer growing pains with Prince..

A bad rookie season? Not meeting expectations?!

The guy had no off-season to learn, broke his foot in his first practice, and has been used VERY sparingly in 4 games

Saying he's having a bad season is absurd. If you had huge expectations of him, knowing full well that he's barely been on the field, then thats on you. Any rational person expected little from him this season.

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM

And you want to judge this off of 4 games with no training camp, an injury and limited practice time? The only reason he's getting so much time to begin with is that we have such little depth right now at corner.Then that tells me he is not an impact player but just another average player. I am not saying he is a bust. I am just saying that he held out for top dollar before he signed and he has not proven he is worth it. Anyway, we will wait for next year and the year after and then some day we will figure it out, just like we did with Moss. But then again, the Giants coaching staff has not figured out Beckum yet, so I really do not expect much until this coaching staff is gone.

Mr Excitement
12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldnt say bust...thats just crazy...but of all the clips I have seen of him in college...he constantly seemed to be playing catch up a lot of times to receivers...hopefully with some proper coaching he gets better....he may have to go to another team for that though..

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't think he's a bust - too early, but I have yet to see ANYTHING that warranted all the talk about the giants getting the steal of the first round. This wasn't just coming from giants fans and local press, it was EVERYWHERE.

He looks slow, lost and confused and sure the lockout and injury had more to do with it than not - but does anyone else think might be undersized? He's listed at 6'0", but looks barely taller than Welker. Unless he's got some crazy leaping ability he could lose out on a lot of balls, coverage or not.

Roswell777
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM
While its not fair to call Prince a bust, it is accurate to say the Giants have gotten virtually nothing out of the first 5 or 6 draft picks.

RobCarpenter
12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Too early to call him a bust, but can't just overlook how poorly he has played when given a chance. He is not exactly flashing hope. </P>

Hopefully he will turn out fine (or better), but to not even have some level of concern with what we are seeingwould be stupid.</P>

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
anyone who calls him a bust after this small of a sample is ignorant when it comes to football imo.

Gmenfan87
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
One word for fools who judge to soon!

WEBSTER

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Assuming its apparent to everyone here that he's not a bust - can anyone say he's been anything but a disappointment?

Has he matched up well against anyone? His gift debut/interception was nothing special.

Mr Excitement
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
He looks short and fat to me...

DownWitJPP
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
he isn't a bust, having no off season program then the holdout / injury really hurt his development for this season.

Juanito
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
You can't defend Amukamara when he got repeatedly burnt by a scrub like Jabar Gaffney who has been released by half the league.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Okay how about this one - has anyone seen any good play out of Prince yet? - and again his gift INT - no count!

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Okay how about this one - has anyone seen any good play out of Prince yet? - and again his gift INT - no count!

stop over reacting and relax..give the kid a year or two...wtf

fan since fran
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
If the team was consistently playing well and winning, most fans would cut him some slack.

Now, lot's of fans are frustrated and looking for another easy target to take it out on.

Simple as that.

heavyhitter
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
<font size="3">Who was it that said Amukamara was a better cover corner than Patrick Peterson before the draft? Tried telling the guy different but he wasn't trying to hear me. You can't blame the Giants for drafting Prince when they did (he was a steal &amp; the BPA) but a Patrick Peterson he will never be or even the Derrelle Revis comparison is just ridiculous.</font>

StuckInIndy
12-18-2011, 05:59 PM
He's the worst rookie CB since Corey Webster!!!

RobCarpenter
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Assuming its apparent to everyone here that he's not a bust - can anyone say he's been anything but a disappointment? Has he matched up well against anyone? His gift debut/interception was nothing special.</P>

Gotta agree with you here. </P>

The NFL is a very tough league and it can eat up rookies. That said, Prince has looked lost, slow, and severly overmatched. </P>

Can he recover and improve? Absolutely, but there should be at least some concern with how poorly he has played. </P>

Ruttiger711
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM

What's overreacting? He's a first round "steal" who has yet to show anything on the field - I really don't thinks that's debatable whatever the reasons are.

While I wouldn't call him a bust, I sure as hell wouldnt say that a corner isn't a position of need. Ross will be gone, TT wont be the same, but With CWeb on one side and a first round steal on the other, looking for a starting corner should be a non-issue and we are nowhere near that kind of security.

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM

A bad rookie season? Not meeting expectations?!

The guy had no off-season to learn, broke his foot in his first practice, and has been used VERY sparingly in 4 games

Saying he's having a bad season is absurd. If you had huge expectations of him, knowing full well that he's barely been on the field, then thats on you. Any rational person expected little from him this season.

The guy had no off-season to learn (Applies to all rookies, he's no exception). Not going to argue whether or not he's having a bad rookie season. lol He simply is With (underline) the injury and all. Expectations come with the draft pick position and the money he demanded from the Giants all the way to the end. Any rational person would not be expecting little from that. JR did not draft a first round CB to be in the 5th-7th CB position. Yes, the injury is taken into consideration...After...

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM

What's overreacting? He's a first round "steal" who has yet to show anything on the field - I really don't thinks that's debatable whatever the reasons are.

While I wouldn't call him a bust, I sure as hell wouldnt say that a corner isn't a position of need. Ross will be gone, TT wont be the same, but With CWeb on one side and a first round steal on the other, looking for a starting corner should be a non-issue and we are nowhere near that kind of security.

I think u make a valid point about corner not being a position to ignore...but wit webby, thomas and prince we have to move forward with them..there are more pressing issues facing this team...IE o-line, RB , or LBer..imo

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM

I think u make a valid point about corner not being a position to ignore...but wit webby, thomas and prince we have to move forward with them..there are more pressing issues facing this team...IE o-line, RB , or LBer..imo

yup! there's no need to press the panc button on draft day because of injuries. The non-FA players will be back. Look at how improved Hixon returned... before he went out again... After this season, one of the issues to be addressed with be the O-line.

allentown PA
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM

yup! there's no need to press the panc button on draft day because of injuries. The non-FA players will be back. Look at how improved Hixon returned... before he went out again... After this season, one of the issues to be addressed with be the O-line.

huh?

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM

huh? Simply.. I agree, team will move on with these players and overlook the injuries to some extent.