PDA

View Full Version : This game is in the bag, Cleveland better go get Geno Smith with that #1 pick they're

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Losing isn't all that bad lol.

MikeyMike01
10-07-2012, 03:59 PM
They should've drafted someone other than Weeden.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 04:06 PM
They should've drafted someone other than Weeden.Yeah I don't understand drafting a 28 year old. That dude Geno Smith had 656 yards and 8 TD's last week and he hasn't thrown a pick yet. Cleveland better go lay down so they can finally give their fans some hope.

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
He's a rookie QB starting in his 5th game.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
He's a rookie QB starting in his 5th game.And an oldman already.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
i think Weeden will be a good qb for someone. maybe the Browns dont have the players around him yet. Richardson is a good start for them!

NYfanatic
10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
He's a rookie QB starting in his 5th game.

Weeden isnt even good enough to be thrown out into the mcdonalds dumpster, he needs to go straight to the dump.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 04:40 PM
i think Weeden will be a good qb for someone. maybe the Browns dont have the players around him yet. Richardson is a good start for them!He looks decent I just think he's up there in age already. What would u do if u were in their shoes and you had the #1 pick next year?

Eliscruzzz
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree with you if the have the #1. I don't see how you pass on Geno.

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Weeden isnt even good enough to be thrown out into the mcdonalds dumpster, he needs to go straight to the dump.

You obviously know a lot about football, so I'll take your word for it . . . .

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
He looks decent I just think he's up there in age already. What would u do if u were in their shoes and you had the #1 pick next year?

If they think that Weeden is their guy, I would trade back for a bunch of picks.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
If they think that Weeden is their guy, I would trade back for a bunch of picks.I don't think u should pass up on a guy like Smith. When this year started everybody was talking Barkley and how WVU might have problems in the Big 12 but I watched the game vs Texas last night and Geno was making some big throws. He had a few fumbles but that defensive line from Texas gets after the QB. I think they should trade Weeden and go get their franchise QB for the next 15 years. They got a lot of options but I wouldn't pass up on Smith... no way!

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree with you if the have the #1. I don't see how you pass on Geno.He's blowing RG3 out in almost every category at the same point of the season. I feel sorry for Cleveland... with the Baltimore move, LeBron jumped ship... they need to give their fans something.

NYGabriel
10-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't think Geno Smith is a no. 1 pick but this isn't a great draft year.

CuseGirl
10-07-2012, 06:36 PM
He's blowing RG3 out in almost every category at the same point of the season. I feel sorry for Cleveland... with the Baltimore move, LeBron jumped ship... they need to give their fans something.I think the Big 12 has very poor defenses and sports media just doesn't talk about it. Not that Geno isn't good but nobody had him as a first round pick and now he puts up massive numbers against Baylor and Texas (terrible and average on D, respectively) and now he's a top 5 pick? Eh....

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 06:39 PM
They should've drafted someone other than Weeden.

I agree......seems like a late-round choice, given his age. Didn't really follow his college career, though.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't think Geno Smith is a no. 1 pick but this isn't a great draft year.If he keeps doing what he's doing he's gonna win the heisman. Yeah that doesn't mean anything but 5 games into the season without any picks is mighty impressive. Nobody's playing the position better than he is in college right now.

NYGabriel
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
If he keeps doing what he's doing he's gonna win the heisman. Yeah that doesn't mean anything but 5 games into the season without any picks is mighty impressive. Nobody's playing the position better than he is in college right now.

He's had a cupcake schedule up til now. Lost the other day as the games are getting harder.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I think the Big 12 has very poor defenses and sports media just doesn't talk about it. Not that Geno isn't good but nobody had him as a first round pick and now he puts up massive numbers against Baylor and Texas (terrible and average on D, respectively) and now he's a top 5 pick? Eh....You gotta show and prove. It's now how you start, it's how u finish. Being a Giants fan, you should know that well.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
He's had a cupcake schedule up til now. Lost the other day as the games are getting harder.They didn't lose yet and Texas was undefeated as well.

CuseGirl
10-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I agree......seems like a late-round choice, given his age. Didn't really follow his college career, though.pair of 4000+ yard years at OK State, with a total of 71 passing touchdowns as a full time starter. I don't know if OK State offense is even CLOSE to what they're running in Cleveland, since I know they used to run alot of misdirection and a lot of screen/pass options (if you watch on tape, the O-line would be run blocking, but Weeden would keep the ball and just throw to Blackmon if he was in single coverage). Completed 72% of his passes his senior year tho....

The thing is, look at a QB like Mark Sanchez: he's 25 years old and that franchise and the city itself is ready to just throw him away. Weeden is already 28. If after 3 years he's still barely average, he'll be 31 years old and (by draft standards) a bust at that age. You're not gonna get some massive improvement when he reaches that year 4 or 5, where things REALLY click. He'll be 33 at that point....smh....I would never take him first round at that age....

NYGabriel
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Browns should have drafted Cousins.

NYGabriel
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
They didn't lose yet and Texas was undefeated as well.

Oops. Someone text me they lost. Tebow won the Heisman and where did that get him?

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Oops. Someone text me they lost. Tebow won the Heisman and where did that get him?Yeah but Tebow was a Vince Young type QB... Smith is a pocket passer with scrambling abilities.

tonyt830
10-07-2012, 08:42 PM
He's a rookie QB starting in his 5th game.and he does not have a lot of weapons, besides Richardson, just yet. Give him a top tier WR, a quality TE, and a full season to get comfortable with the speed of the NFL and playbook, and I think he could be a good QB.

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 10:21 PM
and he does not have a lot of weapons, besides Richardson, just yet. Give him a top tier WR, a quality TE, and a full season to get comfortable with the speed of the NFL and playbook, and I think he could be a good QB.He'll be 35 by time all that happens lol.

PRGiant
10-08-2012, 12:55 AM
He'll be 35 by time all that happens lol.

Exactly! Hehehe