PDA

View Full Version : So who thinks we're a good team again after beating the 0-4 browns who are now 0-5

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I cant evaluate anything from this game even if i wanted to. I have to wait and see how we play against the "49ERS" next week.

Edited

DemandedAce
10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I cant evaluate anything from this game even if i wanted to. I have to wait and see how we play against the steelers next week.

The Steelers? We're at week 9 already?!

BurnerNYG
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Not me... we almost made Weeden look like Joe Montana.

Diamondring
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
What if the Giants had troubles with the Browns and lost? No team should really be able to handle us with the extra talent we have.

m0rbid1
10-07-2012, 04:13 PM

LOL

BurnerNYG
The Steelers? We're at week 9 already?!Lol I didn't even catch that. Just read the thread title.

Marvelousmik
The Steelers? We're at week 9 already?!

I meant to say 49ers. I just finished watching the eagles lose to the steelers on a game winning field goal so i guess i had them on my mind

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I cant evaluate anything from this game even if i wanted to. I have to wait and see how we play against the steelers next week.

Can't we play the games in between first?

VBGiantsFan

First of all we have the 49ers next week. Second of all we beat a team we were supposed to be. We are an extremely underachiving defensive line from being a damn good team again this year. Nicks coming back would be great too.

FlyingTruck
We won a game we were supposed to win. That's it. Our defensive pass pressure is still non-existent..which is a HUGE concern. I like that the young guys stepped up. Good game by Randle, Will Hill and Brown. Cruz keeps proving he isn't a one year wonder. Bradshaw bounced back from the fumble and ran like a madman. Great game for him today. Eli was on point for the most part. So there are a lot of good things to take away from the game. But in the end we simply won a game we should have. Let's see what's up against the 49ers next week.

Buddy333
They have major issues. They played a bad, but tough team today. They had no pressure on the QB. Offensively they are fine. They should have had more points. I think the refs where feeling sorry for the Browns and just didn't want to keep calling PI's on them.

BeatYale
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
They were on our schedule, so we had to play them and we beat them. Sure they were 0-4, but they lost 3 of those games by 7 points or less, the other one was by 10 points.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
. I think the refs where feeling sorry for the Browns and just didn't want to keep calling PI's on them.

Haha i was actually thinking the exact same thing. I said to myself " i know we're killing them but c'mon. Be fair

ashleymarie
10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Bradshaw brought his A game today, Wilson, Randle, some others, showed up. Eli settled down in 2nd half. Cruz had 3 tds, wilson 1td, bradshaw 1td. Even if it was against the Browns, I am well satisfied with what I saw today. I voted "Yes".

JustinTuckNYG91
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Let's see if we play up to the Niners next week, personally for me, I'll be able to gauge the team better. Our offense is fine but will be a tough test against the Niners D. Our defensive, non existent pass rush, troubles stopping the run, the pass and our injuries. The D needs to turn it around, get healthy and fast. If we play up to our potential, next week, it will be a good game. If we're lackluster, we're going to be blown out. Niners are for real, well balanced and consistent.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Bradshaw brought his A game today, Wilson, Randle, some others, showed up. Eli settled down in 2nd half. Cruz had 3 tds, wilson 1td, bradshaw 1td. Even if it was against the Browns, I am well satisfied with what I saw today. I voted "Yes".

Thats respectable. I voted as I have to wait and see. Its hard for me to evaluate anyone no matter how good they play if we're playing against a team like the browns. Bradshaw for example in my opinion ran the same way he did vs the eagles. The only difference is that he had better blocks today and we were going up against a pretty bad defense.

BeatYale
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
What's the criteria for being a good team? Having a top win-loss record? If that's the case, the good teams in the NFL haven't been winning Super Bowls over the last 10 years. Wild Card teams have been doing better in the post season. I don't think too much of regular season accolades.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
What's the criteria for being a good team? .

Just look at what they've done the last 10 years. And even browns fans would agree.

Definately not the browns. I can tell you that

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Lol i made this thread because i know the hype is going to come out. OH bradshaw had 200 yards cruz had 3 tds!! the offensive line was GREAT!! STEVIE BROWNS 2 PICKS, this team will be rolling once the D line steps up. WOOT!!....

Im not saying this team is bad. all im saying is.

We played the browns

DJloves
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Our offense is killer. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. I know we sometimes get off to a slow start, but is Eli is consistently playing well, even when his starting WR is out for three weeks. I don't think there are a lot of QBs who could do that. Running game looked awesome today, too.

The defense, at times, looked abysmal. Piss poor tackling, STILL no pressure on the QB, and we have got to figure out how to defend against short passes/screens. I'm really worried about this group.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
i think they are a good team because they are defending superbowl champs! these teams are always up for the champs and it was that way today in the 1st qtr.

a good team comes back from adversity and the Giants done that today! they are a good team. they are certainly top 5 or 6 imo.

Eliscruzzz
10-07-2012, 04:46 PM
LOL why can't you guys just be happy does it really matter who we beat "WE WON" be happy.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 04:50 PM
LOL why can't you guys just be happy does it really matter who we beat "WE WON" be happy.

im happy with the win. Im happy with the eagles and redskins losing.

I just cant evaluate anything until we play next week.

NYKiller
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Honestly, the giants played like carp and they are not a playoff team right now. How the hell do you play like crap after coming off a loss. I know, when you don't have much respect for a 0-4 team. Thank God Eli was on today.

RichardMc
10-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Offensively I believe we will continue to compete. Defensively we got it together in the second half but I think we continue to be very suspect and we will face a real challenge next week against San Francisco.

giantsforce
10-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Not me... we almost made Weeden look like Joe Montana.Or at least as good as Eli! They has almost the same numbers! Our D scheme and some of our players plainly suck.

giantsforce
10-07-2012, 04:58 PM

I just cant evaluate anything until we play next week.No need to wait until next week. We already played bad and lost to teams like the Eagles and the Cowboys. We know what crappy D we have especially on the secondary. although Stevie Brown and Hill are filling in nicely. We have no pass rush whatsoever and even JPP looks like he is stuffed at the line. You stop him, you stop the Giants pass rush and then you can throw and run on us easily.

Toadofsteel
10-07-2012, 05:04 PM
I just want to see Nicks, Hosley, and Rivers to get healthy for week 6. Ojomo would be nice to have too...

Rivers is a much better run stuffing linebacker and great at making tackles, and we're going to need him to stop that run game.

Hosley is a great ball hawking corner and will work out very nicely on... Manningham.

And Nicks being healthy allows us to execute our one-two punch to put the SF defense on ice.

KP would also be nice to have back. Maybe we could even see some 3 safety set with KP, Rolle, and Stevie...

BillTheGreek
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM
OK , let me tell you how good we are..............first we should have beat the Cowgirls & Eagles ! I feel the Browns are a better team than the Cowboys ! and just as good as the Eagles ! We should be 5 and 0...............But so much for could have should have ! We played a good team, their losses to the teams they played where very close, from what I understand. We needed this Win, big time, Eli came back like a true Giant !!!

GO GIANTS.

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
This is a very good team.....they are a couple questionable calls away from a 4-1 record.

They've lost a couple tight games, and looked like offensive juggernauts against the teams they've beaten.

Cleveland is not going to stay winless for long.....that team has some heart.

Giants can beat any team in the NFL.

Next weekend is going to be the best game of the season for the NFL.

ImElectric2
10-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh. So because we stumbledcoming out of the gate we're not really all that good.....after WINNING, no less against a team that we were "supposed" to beat. Let's disregard the fact that we were literally 1 yard away from beating the Eagles. And please don't blame the coaches on that btw. Had Ramses not PIed and Eli made a better throw we win the game bc of PERFECT clock management. God forbid they tailor the plan with the assumption we all do our jobs. And the 9ers lost the freaking Vikings. Granted their record says they're a first place team, but so does/did the eagles and we only lost to them by 2 points as opposed to what I believe was a 10 point loss by the 9ers. Unreal. Very glad I never came on these boards before 2010. You guys must have been brutal. Those of you who didn't take the step off the ledge and are still with us, anyway.

DragonSoul
10-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I cant evaluate anything from this game even if i wanted to. I have to wait and see how we play against the "49ERS" next week.

EditedI think we are similar to last year, which is sad. We are dealing with some major injuries and trying to do the best we can. Luckily we have Eli and he is at another level which will keep us in most games like last year.

The good thing this year is we have the line healthy but playing quietly which should turn around with in a couple weeks hopefully. We need to have Web play as he has previously, which he seems to be coming around. And if Prince and Hosely can play well then we are pretty good. The back up safties look like they can game between this week and last week, but again a very small sample size.

Plus our ST is better with Tynes/Steve, and more potent in returns which we didn't have last year.

Im just wondering why we were so soft in the 1st quarter on defense.

TheEnigma
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll wait for the 49ers game to really make a declaration on this team. You dang right know that if we start out against the 49ers like we did against the Browns today, it wouldn't finish as a happy ending. The 49ers might be the best team we play this year outside the Falcons.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Of course I do, we are the world champs.

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Of course I do, we are the world champs.

Best post of the day.

Diamondring
10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Best post of the day.I have to agree.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
we'll show how good we are when we edge the 49ers next week! yea im callin it now!

you know everyone will pick the 9ers but thats when the Giants show up and play their best game!

NYFG
10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
We are 3-2, first place in the NFC East, playing with out our best talent, and have yet to dominate a game for four quarters, so yes I'd say we are a good team.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh. So because we stumbledcoming out of the gate we're not really all that good.....after WINNING, no less against a team that we were "supposed" to beat. Let's disregard the fact that we were literally 1 yard away from beating the Eagles. And please don't blame the coaches on that btw. Had Ramses not PIed and Eli made a better throw we win the game bc of PERFECT clock management. God forbid they tailor the plan with the assumption we all do our jobs. And the 9ers lost the freaking Vikings. Granted their record says they're a first place team, but so does/did the eagles and we only lost to them by 2 points as opposed to what I believe was a 10 point loss by the 9ers. Unreal. Very glad I never came on these boards before 2010. You guys must have been brutal. Those of you who didn't take the step off the ledge and are still with us, anyway.

Ive always been with this team. after the loss vs the eagles i kept saying lets move on because the season is still young. all im saying is today.

we played the browns

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
In everyone likes the win, but if they start that way next week they are toast. If the DL plays as bad as they have for the past 5 games, they cold be in huge trouble next week. Again, real happy with the win, but they are not playing the Browns next week.

TheEnigma
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
The 49ers are now 79-3 from the last two games. We're going to need to be at our healthiest and execution will have to be our #1 focus. Are we prepared to handle such a hot team traveling all the way to the west coast? 10/14 will give us real insight into how the future of this season will go down.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Just look at what they've done the last 10 years. And even browns fans would agree.

Definately not the browns. I can tell you that

What does the last ten years have to do with how the Browns played today?

jomo
10-07-2012, 07:42 PM
We didn't have to beat the Browns to know that we are a good team. Now, are we a great team. That will take some wins over top teams.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
What does the last ten years have to do with how the Browns played today?

What does the ravens and eagles game have to do with how the browns played today?

I was replying to an earlier poster who was trying to justify the browns being good by stating they played the eagles and ravens close. the point of this thread is not to bash the team or say they arent good. Im going with the "wait and see approach". After the panthers game everyone was all up and celebrating how good we were. that quickly changed the following week. We cant possibly know how good we are right now by evaluating how we played verses the browns. The browns have been consistently a bad team for a while now. And today we went into the game playing them at 0-4.

They are not a good team. Next week is the true test. Surely you can understand where i am coming from.

GameTime
10-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I already thought the Giants were a good team......

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 08:02 PM
What does the ravens and eagles game have to do with how the browns played today?

I was replying to an earlier poster who was trying to justify the browns being good by stating they played the eagles and ravens close. the point of this thread is not to bash the team or say they arent good. Im going with the "wait and see approach". After the panthers game everyone was all up and celebrating how good we were. that quickly changed the following week. We cant possibly know how good we are right now by evaluating how we played verses the browns. The browns have been consistently a bad team for a while now. And today we went into the game playing them at 0-4.

They are not a good team. Next week is the true test. Surely you can understand where i am coming from.

The Browns played pretty well today I thought. I take every win as a positive, no asterisk event.

Parademon
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
49ers beat a bad Jets team, everyone says they're great, we beat a bad Browns team, people are still doubting? Last I checked we're the world champs, not them. We beat em in the NFCCG & almost beat em in the regular season game last yr. So why is everyone acting like they are gonna kill us next week?

If not for some stupid plays & calls last week, we beat the Eagles & are 4-1. We have played the 1st 5 games of the yr once again riddled by injuries to key players. We have yet to play a game with all our starters healthy. Our backups have come in & performed great. We have great depth at many key positions. We will be in the thick of the playoff hunt & if we can just get everyone healthy by Dec, I really like our chances at repeating!

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I take every win as a positive

me too. I just cant evaluate how good we are based on todays play.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I already thought the Giants were a good team......

cant say the same for everyone based on the threads i was reading all week on here.

NJBLUE
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I didn't see a 0-4 Browns team at kick off, I saw a desperate Browns team going up against the defending champs with nothing to lose! I thought the Browns was going to throw the kitchen sink at the champs and they did, and fought hard for four quarters.

That's the game I saw! So yes, we are a damn good team. Now bring on the 49ers!!!

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
You know reading the title of the thread did make me think they the Giants have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12.

Die-Hard
10-07-2012, 08:22 PM
The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment.

I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worst

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment. I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worstUnfortunately I have to agree with your last statement. The 49ers look far better than the Giants right now. Their defense is dominant and their OL is huge. If the DL was pushed around today expect it to be worse next week because that OL is huge. I hope they get Bernard, KP, and Hosely back for next week. Nicks would be nice but has missed a lot of time and I'm not sure how healthy he will really be.

Parademon
10-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men. We have Eli & as long as the score is not 30-7, I always have confidence that he can win the game. We are just as good as the 9ers. They've beaten 4 teams with 2-3 or 2-2 records. The Jets & Bills are extremely bad teams. 9ers have the 30th ranked passing attack, so we just have to slow down their running game & force Smith to beat us thru the air. We will most likely have to beat em via the passing attack & I'll take Eli over Smith any day! We will be the 1st really good team they face all yr & the same for us. Whomever can win the battle of the trenches & the TO battle, wins the game.

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
A good team "again"?? Were we a bad team after the Eagles loss???

BlueSanta
10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Considering our injury list I think it was a good win, especially when you consider how easy it would have been after the events of the 1st quarter for the players to sandbag it and use the injuries as the excuse.

jimsgints
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM

I just cant evaluate anything until we play next week.
This is how I feel.. So happy to see the eagles lose. The Giants D line can get better.

Eliscruzzz
10-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Lol i made this thread because i know the hype is going to come out. OH bradshaw had 200 yards cruz had 3 tds!! the offensive line was GREAT!! STEVIE BROWNS 2 PICKS, this team will be rolling once the D line steps up. WOOT!!....

Im not saying this team is bad. all im saying is.

We played the browns'we played the Browns", "we played the Browns", "we played the Browns"... that is starting to get annoying. If we lost to the Browns I bet you would be all over this team. If Bradshaw had 60 yards rushing you would be crushing him. Just enjoy the win cause it does count. If we beat the 49ers next that doesn't mean anything still cause we could still loose to them later. You can't tell if a team is good or bad until the season is over if we use your logic.

TheEnigma
10-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men.

For me, it's less about the confidence I have in the Giants and more about the respect I have for the 49ers team. Other than possibly the Texans, you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented roster in the NFL. The key to winning that game will be establishing an early lead and taking the 49ers out of their element like the Vikings did.

Eliscruzzz
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
The Browns played pretty well today I thought. I take every win as a positive, no asterisk event.awesome post the guy already wants to move on from the win but if we lost everyone would be blasting them for the whole week. I think it's laughable to that people are saying if we come out flat next week the 49ers are going to kill us. WE HAVE ELI and I believe no matter who we are playing we can come back. The 49ers have to play us too.

Parademon
10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
For me, it's less about the confidence I have in the Giants and more about the respect I have for the 49ers team. Other than possibly the Texans, you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented roster in the NFL. The key to winning that game will be establishing an early lead and taking the 49ers out of their element like the Vikings did.

We've played & beat them before..., in their house in the NFCCG! We stomped the 15-1 defending champ Packers in their house the week prior. We beat the 18-0 Pats in the SB & beat em again last yr in the SB!

G-men have no fear of teams that have superior W-L records or a tough rep. If anything, 9ers fans should be worried about us as we are the toughest team they will play so far this yr.. That they destroyed the Jets & Bills these past 2 weeks is really not that impressive when you take into account that the Bills D is aweful & has given up over 45 pts in 3 of their 1st 5 games & the Jets with that Gawd aweful O were one of them.And the Lions are 1-3 while GB is 2-3 & just got beat by a rookie QB in a game they led 21-3.

If the G-men play their game, get back some players that have been hurt & avoid turnovers, we win this game.

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 10:11 PM
That was last year. The 49ers have made major improvements to their offense while the Giants DL is no where to be found.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 10:16 PM
That was last year. The 49ers have made major improvements to their offense while the Giants DL is no where to be found.

As much as this was billed by some as a "trap" game, it is just as likely, if not more so, that we will rise to the occasion next game.

Parademon
10-07-2012, 10:17 PM

What major improvements? They have the 30th ranked passing attack in the NFL.

Rudyy
10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
This is crazy.
Just because I'm proud of our win, that doesn't mean I think we are the best team in the NFL.
Anything can happen in 7 days as well Hakeem is supposed to return, our o-line is playing better, and we are running the ball better. Defense is still suspect, but hopefully we can get some guys back from injury.

The 49'ers didn't beat us yet (or possibly won't).

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 10:23 PM
As much as this was billed by some as a "trap" game, it is just as likely, if not more so, that we will rise to the occasion next game.As much as it looks like a mismatch, I could see the Giants look very good this game and even win. That's just how they are. Then again, even in the last two seasons that they won the Super Bowl they where lit up a few times.

gumby74
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
We have some serious serious issues on defense.

Marvelousmik
10-08-2012, 12:18 AM
'we played the Browns", "we played the Browns", "we played the Browns"... that is starting to get annoying. If we lost to the Browns I bet you would be all over this team. If Bradshaw had 60 yards rushing you would be crushing him. Just enjoy the win cause it does count. If we beat the 49ers next that doesn't mean anything still cause we could still loose to them later. You can't tell if a team is good or bad until the season is over if we use your logic.

1. When was the last time you seen me bash a player on this team? I still thought bradshaw ran hard last week even though he didnt have a lot of yards. If we lost, i would have said move on just like i did after the eagles loss. What part of evaluate dont you understand? Im not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but ill say it one more time. "I can't evaluate much from this game even if we did win. because at the end of the day."

We played the browns.

basically im not saying we are bad or good. all i am saying is i cant tell yet because we beat a bad team. if we beat the 49ers thats a different story. After the panthers game everyone was so hyped you could have sworn we just won the division. the following week was the opposite. people starting talking about next year as if the season was over. Thats how it is on here. when we win everyone gets hyped and when we lose people are ready to pack their bags. I cant do that. when i see games like this i say to myself, good job, now lets see how you do against real competition before i judge. Whats so bad about that?