PDA

View Full Version : The lack of pass rush is a real concern.

SuperNYGiants
10-07-2012, 05:14 PM
What to do what to do oh man what to do.

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Nothing. I mean maybe if the DT's can get healthy they can get some pressure. When will that be? All the De's are healthy.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
yea i dont understand what going on with these guys!

maybe they will improve with each week.

ny06
10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
It's quite simple, they are not beating there guys one on one.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM
To be fair the Browns offensive line is really good.

tonyt830
10-07-2012, 05:29 PM
JPP is either getting doubled or chipped, Tuck gets gassed easily, and Osi likes to take the scenic route to the QB. Maybe if the DTs start getting more push up the middle, it will benefit our DEs. At least the D-linemen are still getting their hands up--several batted passes again today.

I will give opposing offensive coordinators some credit though. They are calling some plays that negate our rush.

hungrrrry
10-07-2012, 05:32 PM
not happy that for sure!!!

jintsfan666
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Bench osi. Move Tuck outside and put Austin or Kuhn in the middle. Tuck is taking too much of a beating inside and osi is worthless outside.

giant-4-life
10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
that's right. I saw last sunday night how Osi is slow as a slug on a salt lick. we need to refresh the D-line. JPP is a keeper. for me, the jury is out on tuck. Osi, gone. waste the salary cap on fresh legs.

FBomb
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
JPP is either getting doubled or chipped, Tuck gets gassed easily, and Osi likes to take the scenic route to the QB. Maybe if the DTs start getting more push up the middle, it will benefit our DEs. At least the D-linemen are still getting their hands up--several batted passes again today.

I will give opposing offensive coordinators some credit though. They are calling some plays that negate our rush.

JPP was getting stood up and pushed around by ONE pro bowl tackle all game.

GiantWarfare
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM

He did get stood up most of the game by Thomas but to be fair to JPP, Thomas is arguably the best tackle in the entire league. Dude is no joke...legit 5 time Pro Bowler and is still in the prime of his career (27 yrs old)

JPP does seem to be down in spirits though...but its still clear, he is easily our best player on defense.

OneGiantLeap
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Let's be honest here, Joe Thomas is the best LT in the game right now, period. That's no fault to JPP.

FBomb
10-07-2012, 06:29 PM
He did get stood up most of the game by Thomas but to be fair to JPP, Thomas is arguably the best tackle in the entire league. Dude is no joke...legit 5 time Pro Bowler and is still in the prime of his career (27 yrs old)

JPP does seem to be down in spirits though...but its still clear, he is easily our best player on defense.

I know...I was refuting the other posters point that he was getting doubled and chipped...he wasn't.

FBomb
10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Let's be honest here, Joe Thomas is the best LT in the game right now, period. That's no fault to JPP.

Again...I know. Making a point, nothing more. Not bashing JPP ay all.

GiantWarfare
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I know...I was refuting the other posters point that he was getting doubled and chipped...he wasn't.

Oh ok, yea he was pretty much stonewalled today by Thomas...

nycisgreat
10-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Nothing. I mean maybe if the DT's can get healthy they can get some pressure. When will that be? All the De's are healthy.

+1.

ALLnygIN
10-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, I just hope these guys can be a little bit more productive against the 9ers. were going to need good safety and lb play and a good pass rush to slow the 9ers down.

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 06:35 PM
To be fair the Browns offensive line is really good.

That is true. Joe Thomas is the best left tackle in the NFL, for starters.

But the Giants won't be able to spot the 49ers 14 points like today.

Fortunately, the Giants play up to elite teams (not named the Saints).....and they play better on the road.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
What to do what to do oh man what to do.we need to switch to a 3-4 D. we are not getting it done with a 4-3.we need 4 Lb'ers with the type of football PF plays and he is trying to get it done in reverse. maybe we just can get the right people in there to make it work and throw teams off.

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Its pretty bad, actually really bad. I think it may have something to do with our NON EXISTENT blitz packages. Did we blitz once today? honestly.. I really dont think we brought more than 4 the entire game. VS A ROOKIE QB

OX1
10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Its pretty bad, actually really bad. I think it may have something to do with our NON EXISTENT blitz packages. Did we blitz once today? honestly.. I really dont think we brought more than 4 the entire game. VS A ROOKIE QB

Once or twice, but only one extra man. Can't believe your up 3 scores
and not bringing it. If not then, when????

SackingMyths
10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
This isn't the only problem, but it REALLY looks like we're missing Canty in this defense. We look soft up the middle, and the QB pretty much always has a clean pocket to step up into. We need his disruptive play pronto

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
How much time is Bernard supposed to miss?

CuseGirl
10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
D-line is REALLY struggling....I kno Joe Thomas is a monster but you have to find ways to attack the other parts of the O-line. Dont tell me Cleveland is a win less team with 3 pro bowl caliber linemen. Stop it....the D-line has been poor. Osi is getting on my nerves, gets run on like cellophane, only had one play where he got to the QB on time (and it was still an incomplete pass, not a strip sack).

It's the whole line....inside and on the ends...I feel like they haven't had middle push for 2 years now lolll...it can't be all JPP....

this was a 9-7 team last year, I thought if the team stayed healthy, 10 wins was in the cards. But they're not healthy so......

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
One thing I'll say....the Giants defense did a pretty good job after they fell behind 14-0. They slowed down the Browns enough for Eli & Co to catch up and blow their doors offensively.

If they play every game like they did in the 2nd/3rd quarters, they'll be okay.

SackingMyths
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
As bad as our D has been, our offense is 2nd in the league in PPG to the Pats.

So, if you're gonna have a weak, injury-depleted D, it's pretty sweet to have a dominant O who, mind you, is accomplishing this mostly w/o Nicks.

The pass rush can't be any worse so there's only one direction to go from here ^

TextureDj
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
This isn't the only problem, but it REALLY looks like we're missing Canty in this defense. We look soft up the middle, and the QB pretty much always has a clean pocket to step up into. We need his disruptive play prontoAnd this has a lot to do with the lack of pressure.

The ends cant speed rush around the utside because the QB just has to step up with no push up the middle.

Ends cant pull an inside move, again because the DTs are backed up against the guards.

When an end, like JPP did a couple times, beats his man, and the chip all the tackle has to do is give up the outside forcing the end around the long route from behind the pocket.

The only way end pressure alone is enough is if it comes consistently from both ends and you simply can not depend on that in this NFL.

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
As bad as our D has been, our offense is 2nd in the league in PPG to the Pats.

So, if you're gonna have a weak, injury-depleted D, it's pretty sweet to have a dominant O who, mind you, is accomplishing this mostly w/o Nicks.

The pass rush can't be any worse so there's only one place to go from here ^

That's why I think they should gamble more....they can afford to give up a big play here and there considering the firepower on the other side.

I'd love to see a return to the Spags style of defense....... it didn't always work, but it was fun as hell to watch the mayhem.

SackingMyths
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
That's why I think they should gamble more....they can afford to give up a big play here and there considering the firepower on the other side.

I'd love to see a return to the Spags style of defense....... it didn't always work, but it was fun as hell to watch the mayhem.

I'm with you on this all the way. I am not a fan at all of the "keep everything in front of you" Defensive scheme (though we did just win a SB with it).

I'm hoping PF will realize a change needs to be made and get more aggressive. I miss all the DB blitzes and chaos that Spags' scheme had. And I see Hosley and Hill as two DBs that can be very effective off the edge. They seem to have a knack for making plays and timing up their blitz.

Hell, we brought pressure back in the day with Michael Johnson and James Butler in the back...we know it works.

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
For his limited time on he field it seems like Will Hill has a good pass rush skill. Maybe they can get him in more.

SackingMyths
10-07-2012, 08:12 PM
And this has a lot to do with the lack of pressure.

The ends cant speed rush around the utside because the QB just has to step up with no push up the middle.

Ends cant pull an inside move, again because the DTs are backed up against the guards.

When an end, like JPP did a couple times, beats his man, and the chip all the tackle has to do is give up the outside forcing the end around the long route from behind the pocket.

The only way end pressure alone is enough is if it comes consistently from both ends and you simply can not depend on that in this NFL.

Yup. Way more to it than to just say that the DEs blow this year...even if they kinda have.

It's a definite ripple effect. His absence affects the run game because he could at least command a double team and now lineman are getting on the 2nd level and wiping Chase out of the play routinely. The other DTs are gassed in the second half. And the DEs aren't having QBs flushed into their waiting arms.

Toadofsteel
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Canty is definitely earning his paycheck from the PUP list right now. Hope he's ready to kick some *** in week 7.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Canty is definitely earning his paycheck from the PUP list right now. Hope he's ready to kick some *** in week 7.

I just hope he doesn't end up on IR

tonyt830
10-07-2012, 09:24 PM
JPP was getting stood up and pushed around by ONE pro bowl tackle all game.Well I am talking about the season in general,when talking about JPP and getting doubled and chipped, not just in todays game. But yes, I did see several plays today where he was 1 on 1 with Thomas and did not get close to Weeden.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz

simple, dont need to bring the house, just blitz. blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz blitz