PDA

View Full Version : Anyone STILL want to blame the offense.........

FBomb
10-07-2012, 05:48 PM
......for the putrid defense?

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.

ashleymarie
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
One more obstacle to overcome. BIG BLUE!!!

giantsforce
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.The problem is not our offense. It is mostly the play calling. The D is a different story. It is both on the players and the DC.

Marvelousmik
10-07-2012, 05:51 PM
.but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.

Best post ive read so far today

FBomb
10-07-2012, 05:53 PM
lol...never miss an opportunity for state your ridiculous opinion about Gilbride, do you? I guess 41 points isn't good enough!!!

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Everything changes week to week. The Offense can suck one week while the defense carries the team.

And the defense can suck the next week while the offense carries the team.

I think it was a pretty even all around effort. The offense likely gets the nod putting up all those points, however. But dont get me wrong, the defense didnt play that bad. I mean Richardson only ran for 82 yards, thats great.

tonyt830
10-07-2012, 05:56 PM

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.a very well balanced offense today as well. But the defense needs to step it up a notch or 2. The lack of pass rush is 1 thing, but they are having trouble stopping the run too. Had it not been for the offense today, who knows how close the game would have been.

I know there are injuries to key players, but last time I checked, this is the NFL. Our D-line is pretty much healthy(Canty the exception and Bernard today).

The 49ers D is one of the top 3 or so in the league, so we can't expect Bradshaw to run for 200 again, nor should we expect Eli to have to throw for over 350 to 400 yards either. The Giants are going to need a complete game in all 3 phases.

tonyt830
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Everything changes week to week. The Offense can suck one week while the defense carries the team.

And the defense can suck the next week while the offense carries the team.

I think it was a pretty even all around effort. The offense likely gets the nod putting up all those points, however. But dont get me wrong, the defense didnt play that bad. I mean Richardson only ran for 82 yards, thats great.Yeah but once our Giants got up a couple scores, that changed the playcalling for the Browns. Had it been closer, who knows how many more yards Richardson would have gotten.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 05:59 PM
the defense doesnt even resemble the defense going into the superbowl last year! if they step up this team could be unstoppable.

brad
10-07-2012, 06:03 PM

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.

The offense has been good, and was obviously great today..... against the Browns. However, you have to do that against the better teams, i.e. the Eagles and Dallas, and you have to do it sooner.

That being said, I am not saying the offense is bad, you would have to be an idiot to even try to argue that. What I am saying is that the D is banged up and is very bad right now. We need the offense to make up for that, we need them to start fast rather than asking the defense to keep us in the game against good teams for the entire first half before the offense shows up. Clearly the offense is capable of doing that, but for some reason they come out very lackluster in the beginning of games.

giantsforce
10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
lol...never miss an opportunity for state your ridiculous opinion about Gilbride, do you? I guess 41 points isn't good enough!!! As you said before "that was the Browns" and for the life of me I am not sure why they forgot to cover Cruz in the end zone. So please, when we put more points on a defense that is half way decent, then we can talk about Killdrive. Although, in this game, he did what he should have done against the eagles, use the short pass and the play action more and I gave him props for that on an earlier thread. So you may think that my opinion is ridiculous, the fact remains that Eli bails out Killdrive in the end.

Diamondring
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
The defense is not going to keep offense from scoring. You all think they should hold offenses to 10 points? They are going to score on the defense. Our offense has too many playmakers for it to score less then 25 points.

FBomb
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
As you said before "that was the Browns" and for the life of me I am not sure why they forgot to cover Cruz in the end zone. So please, when we put more points on a defense that is half way decent, then we can talk about Killdrive. Although, in this game, he did what he should have done against the eagles, use the short pass and the play action more and I gave him props for that on an earlier thread. So you may think that my opinion is ridiculous, the fact remains that Eli bails out Killdrive in the end.

lol....you can't use the word "fact" when giving your opinion.....especially one so ridiculous.

derekunion28
10-07-2012, 06:14 PM
canty rivers philllips being out plus tt for season doesnt help on the defensive side a wins a win

brad
10-07-2012, 06:16 PM
As you said before "that was the Browns" and for the life of me I am not sure why they forgot to cover Cruz in the end zone. So please, when we put more points on a defense that is half way decent, then we can talk about Killdrive. Although, in this game, he did what he should have done against the eagles, use the short pass and the play action more and I gave him props for that on an earlier thread. So you may think that my opinion is ridiculous, the fact remains that Eli bails out Killdrive in the end.

Success for Eli and KG are linked, just as the failures are. I get just as frustrated as the next guy when KG makes calls that leave you scratching your head and neglecting the running game, but you can't give him all the blame and none of the credit.

sideline sneek
10-07-2012, 09:37 PM
The problem is not our offense. It is mostly the play calling. The D is a different story. It is both on the players and the DC.

I agree...........(The play calling by the Browns.) Do you actually believe KG called a bad game today. Enjoy the win......They won't come easy...

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 09:45 PM
The offense has been good, and was obviously great today..... against the Browns. However, you have to do that against the better teams, i.e. the Eagles and Dallas, and you have to do it sooner.

That being said, I am not saying the offense is bad, you would have to be an idiot to even try to argue that. What I am saying is that the D is banged up and is very bad right now. We need the offense to make up for that, we need them to start fast rather than asking the defense to keep us in the game against good teams for the entire first half before the offense shows up. Clearly the offense is capable of doing that, but for some reason they come out very lackluster in the beginning of games.

The D needs to get healthy . . . . fast

GMENAGAIN
10-07-2012, 09:46 PM

How do you know that Eli didn't check into the plays that you seem to have a problem with?

gumby74
10-07-2012, 10:18 PM
the defense doesnt even resemble the defense going into the superbowl last year! if they step up this team could be unstoppable. It's very clear that the defense we saw at the end of last year was just a fluke.

miked1958
10-07-2012, 10:56 PM
canty rivers philllips being out plus tt for season doesnt help on the defensive side a wins a winWhen we get Canty back along with Bernard, Phillips, Hosley. Prince is learning each week. Also the kids Stevie brown And Will Hill stepping up as season goes on

miked1958
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Then we need to figure hoe to light a fire under Osi tuck and get the D line to take some pressure off the secondary

BillTheGreek
10-08-2012, 02:41 AM
What ever the O did today, they have to keep doing it, just mix it up a little next week . SF is going to be a tough game, the G-Men are in for a real dog fight ! I said it before we should be 5 & 0..........So now we are going to play a real good Pro team.....We need the D to step up for this game ! I saw no rushing the QB or sacks this week...SF are out to get us.....you know what, we have to play like we did the last time we played them, only this time I think we have more weapons. Make sure you double cover Vernon Davis !

G-Men ..........Teach them a lesson, once and for all.......Lets get out and get them !

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 06:47 AM
It will be different going to from a defense that is rated like 27th in the league to the 1st ranked D. I think we will score some points, the problem will be that the 49r's will as well!

FBomb
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Thought this thread could use some rehashing.

I find the lack of respect given to Kevin Gilbride by Giants fans on this board to be mind numbing. This offense has become a juggernaut.....surely that doesn't happen with a bad or predictable OC. The man's name is NOT Killdrive.....so stop calling him that. You just sound stupid.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM

I find the lack of respect given to Kevin Gilbride by Giants fans on this board to be mind numbing. This offense has become a juggernaut.....surely that doesn't happen with a bad or predictable OC. The man's name is NOT Killdrive.....so stop calling him that. You just sound stupid.

+1

Robert21156
10-08-2012, 10:30 PM

The offense can't always make up for the defense being bad. The Eagles now have, I believe, 14 turnovers in 4 games, but we couldn't get any from them. And we scored as much as the Steelers yesterday against them, but we couldn't get the win.

Diamondring
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM

I find the lack of respect given to Kevin Gilbride by Giants fans on this board to be mind numbing. This offense has become a juggernaut.....surely that doesn't happen with a bad or predictable OC. The man's name is NOT Killdrive.....so stop calling him that. You just sound stupid.You are right FBomb. plus 2.

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
How do you know that Eli didn't check into the plays that you seem to have a problem with?

Because that wrecks the already stupid theory that ALL, not some, ALL of our offensive success is in spite of gilbride, never because of him.

My theory was that evem with 2 SB that required late TDs to win, some fans would continue to argue that, despite actual facts to the contrary, gilbride has had no part in our success.

My theory appears to be correct.

brad
10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
The offense can't always make up for the defense being bad. The Eagles now have, I believe, 14 turnovers in 4 games, but we couldn't get any from them. And we scored as much as the Steelers yesterday against them, but we couldn't get the win.

After the way the offense played against the Browns, it's hard to support my argument, but I will give it a shot :) You are correct, the offense can't always bail out the defense, but as bad as the defense is playing they are going to have to if we want to win games. That doesn't mean scoring 40 points a game, it simply means that they have to play better in the first half against quality opponents. They can't force the defense to spend the majority of the time on the field to start the game, that's what happened against TB, Dallas and Philadelphia.

Yes, we should be able to rely on the defense to get the ball back, and they should be able to close games. However, when you have no depth due to injury, and wear down the defense, they aren't going to have much left at the end of games. That doesn't make it the offenses fault necessarily, but at this point, with all the injuries, the offense needs to do more and do it earlier to compensate. Speaking of the Browns game, and the Carolina game as well.... those are perfect examples of how the offense can help the defense. The offense had a rough first five minutes, but got rolling in the first quarter and this game wasn't in doubt by the end of the half. Against Carolina they started out of the gate and never looked back.

This offense must bail out the defense, because the defense isn't going to bail out the offense very often!