PDA

View Full Version : If Wilson Doesn't

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
get unleashed vs the 49ers I am going to lose my cool. seriously.

That is all..

titwio
10-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Does anyone really run well against the 9ers? I'm thinking we'll not see Wilson getting much carries next week...(in that game at least).

Eli TO Shockey
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
what are you even trippin on? Bradshaw had 200 yards. How can you even complain? some people

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 06:52 PM
kudos to my man Ahmad, love the kid. Still doesnt take away from the fact that Wilson deserves more touches. disagree all you want, my point is valid

ny06
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Does anyone really run well against the 9ers? I'm thinking we'll not see Wilson getting much carries next week...(in that game at least).
The Vikings got 146 yards on the ground against the 49ers in week 3

Eli TO Shockey
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
kudos to my man Ahmad, love the kid. Still doesnt take away from the fact that Wilson deserves more touches. disagree all you want, my point is valid

the issue I have with you is your distrust in our coaching staff and their decision making. Wilson will get plenty of snaps...when the coaching staff thinks hes ready...

dave56dj
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Other then the blip on the radar (the viking game) they are very stout against the run. Wilson is an electric talent - but it is all about protecting number 10. He is the only guy who absolutely cannot get hurt and no one does it better then 44. That said Wilson really can't show Coughlin anymore talent. He needs to get the ball in his hands - and not just on a special play or two - give the kid a series, and let him get a normal handoff and not just a pitch. Against the niners you better wrap that ball up - cause they come punching for it.

brad
10-07-2012, 07:22 PM
I am all for giving Wilson more touches, but if Bradshaw is running like he did today, you play the hot hand.

Buddy333
10-07-2012, 07:28 PM
People will complain about Bradshaw again next week and I expect him to play a lot. No one has run on the 49ers for a long time now. They can also get after the QB. So next week there is a good chance the running game will not be even half as good as it was today, Bradshaw will stink again, Brown should play more threads will start, Wilson should play more threads will start, and blocking is over rated threads will start.

BigBlue1971
10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
that TD Wilson ran for could be the unleashing of the beast in him.

he really hasnt had too much to cheer for this season but that td could be the jump start he needs.

dave56dj
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
well the week before he was an animal in kick returns.

SackingMyths
10-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm super excited about Wilson's future--this season and every one after.

But SF is as good as there is in this league at stopping the run and forcing fumbles. You may just lose your cool if you're expecting a big workload for DW next week...

NYFG
10-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I was listening to him speak on the post game, he did not sound like a rookie at all, was very humble. Said he was cheering Bradshaw on the whole game and was happy to even get that carry. I have high hopes for the kid. If he puts his work in he will get his due. No need to rush him at all, however I would not be surprised if they set up some screens for him against an aggressive 49ers D.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 07:44 PM

That is all..

What's new?

joemorrisforprez
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM

That is all..

Bradshaw did a great job, but Wilson's speed is just sick......granted, that was a big hole, but Wilson shot through there before anyone could even touch him, and after that, the seconday couldn't catch him.

Seriously, that play was so quick I thought the ball was on the 20....couldn't believe that was a 40 yard run, it was so bang-bang.

The Giants are going to need some sick speed against the 49ers.......and the way that defense likes to hit, rotating the runningbacks might make sense.

I hope that Andre Brown is okay.

Parademon
10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
The Giants have to run the ball vs the 9ers, don't care if they are hard to run on, You will not fool anyone with the play action pass if you can't run the ball. G-men need to pass on 1st down, pick up 6-7 yds, then that sets us up nicely for run/pass option as well as screens /dumpoffs to the RBs. Key to victory in SF will be staying out of 3rd & long situations, and our D-line has got to dial it up & put constant pressure on Smith or he will light us up!

Would also be nice if Hakeem is in the lineup.

RichGiants81
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM

That is all..
the niners game will prob be another one of those games where we have 52 yards on the ground, their D is too strong..but hopefully these receivers can chop them up in the passing game and open things up for the run in the second half

egyptian420
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I love Wilson but this is ludicrous....the kid just got 2 or 3 carries in a game and got a nice TD and we're supposed to heavily increase his workload against what is arguably the best run D in the league?

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, Wilson deserves more than 2 carries a game. I do not care how you slice it. Slice pie, pizza, cake whatever. Slice it with a knife, a fork, a spoon, or a sword. 2...I repeat TWO carries for our # 1 pick...who by the way took a casual run up the middle to the house.

I'm not football ingnorant, fellas. I understand the coaches, I side with coaching. But I can't help but let my passion as a sports fan leek out and want to see our shiny new #1 pick get some touches. Can you blame me? Really?

btw I never said "heavily increase his workload" give the kid a series. maybe 2 series. thats all I'm asking for and I think its completely reasonable..

Rudyy
10-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Is Kyle Williams still on their roster?

He is? We are good guys.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes, Wilson deserves more than 2 carries a game. I do not care how you slice it. Slice pie, pizza, cake whatever. Slice it with a knife, a fork, a spoon, or a sword. 2...I repeat TWO carries for our # 1 pick...who by the way took a casual run up the middle to the house.

I'm not football ingnorant, fellas. I understand the coaches, I side with coaching. But I can't help but let my passion as a sports fan leek out and want to see our shiny new #1 pick get some touches. Can you blame me? Really?

btw I never said "heavily increase his workload" give the kid a series. maybe 2 series. thats all I'm asking for and I think its completely reasonable..

Wilson got a touch and scored a TD. He didn't drop the ball, mostly because no one came close enough to shout at him. However, it was a successful opportunity and now he will get more touches. It's called player development

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Wilson got a touch and scored a TD. He didn't drop the ball, mostly because no one came close enough to shout at him. However, it was a successful opportunity and now he will get more touches. It's called player development

shoot, I didnt realize we developed players

nhpgiantsfan
10-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Any back in the NFL scores on that play. It was a gift wrapped TD with the whole he had there. AB ran for 200 yards. If he plays like this I don't care if Wilson only returns kicks all year.

CowboysSuck
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Any back in the NFL scores on that play. It was a gift wrapped TD with the whole he had there. AB ran for 200 yards. If he plays like this I don't care if Wilson only returns kicks all year.

I was saying these exact words about Bradshaw in October of 2007. These things take time, but you will see. Eventually everyone will see.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 08:59 PM
shoot, I didnt realize we developed players

So it would seem